Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
BTOOOM!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Oct 8, 2012 4:50 AM

Mar 2012
Reminds me a bit death racemovie ! they will probably turn it into a entertaining show, on Internet. :P.

I don't understand how he couldn't notice immediately what those cubes were for.

And his surviving opponent had very very bad aiming.

Comparing it to SAO first episode, it didn't do better... But it will be stupid if it wont be able to surpass SAO easily in long term.
huntxOct 8, 2012 5:00 AM
Oct 8, 2012 5:41 AM

Dec 2009
I think its pretty ridiculous that a bomb can explode right in the face of the main and he barely gets hurt, other than that the only other problem I had with this episode is that for some reason it took forever for the main character (who is one of the top ranked btooom players) to figure out how to work those bombs.
Oct 8, 2012 5:48 AM

Mar 2012
If this is just an online game, it sucks and it's boring because you can only use bomb, but when they turned this into a real life game, then it would be much more interesting, just be ready for more blood sheds..
Oct 8, 2012 1:06 PM

Mar 2011
Hisashiburi dana Yagami Raito.
Oct 8, 2012 3:57 PM

Feb 2009
This has such a Death Note feel to it. Must be the animation.
Oct 8, 2012 4:48 PM

Oct 2012
This is certainly similar to Sword Art Online and Accel World but it's a bit different in the sense that he's in real life as opposed to being in a virtual world. Overall, I liked this episode, not loved but I hope it'll become something greater.
Oct 8, 2012 4:48 PM

May 2012
Ahohime said:
This has such a Death Note feel to it. Must be the animation.

I thought so, too. Also their faces look quite similar in the spoiler...

Anyway, good first episode! Waiting for more.
says carsten1
Oct 8, 2012 7:07 PM

Aug 2009
I'm digging this series. I like the idea of only using grenades and not guns. Hope they explain soon on why these kids are in this island. Can't wait to see the story behind this blonde big boobie girl.
Oct 8, 2012 7:48 PM

Mar 2011
Hmmm, intriguing first episode.

I would have liked a bit more flow to the first episode rather than him running around and then cutting about, but I guess they wanted to have the audience be as clueless as the MC is!

I presume they'll use pre-island flashbacks to fill in teh characters back stories as they meet. I'm worried that this might be a bit formulaic just to capitalise on the success of AW/SAO and other survival stuff that's popular but I'll give it it's dues and keep watching. Could be a fun little gem like I found with Ben-To!
Oct 8, 2012 8:19 PM

Feb 2012
This show will probably kick SAO's butt in the near future. This show is way more unique in a way but I love both shows only that i have a feeling that BTOOOM!'s gonna surpass SAO's greatness.
Oct 9, 2012 4:39 AM

Jan 2010
I already like this anime!! Probably one of my fav this season, or maybe this year! XP
I always love psychological/thriller anime XD
Oct 9, 2012 5:39 AM

Jul 2011
Pretty cool ! I didn't know Sena was on this show.
Oct 9, 2012 1:33 PM

Mar 2009
I see battle royale and bomberman in this lol

Oct 9, 2012 3:06 PM

Jul 2011
The episode was cool. However, the main characters seem like they'll be a tad annoying during the course of the series.
Oct 9, 2012 4:00 PM

Sep 2008
starts of nicely here, nothing groundbreaking storywise but entertaining all the same
Oct 9, 2012 6:36 PM

Aug 2008
Tsonga, Agassi, Roddick... What the hell? Am I watching Tennis?
Oct 9, 2012 7:35 PM

Oct 2011
best first episode of the season? yes for me.

Kyouta reminds me of Light and Nishijou from chaos;head. lol

awesome enviroment, great atmosphere. i was rather half expecting this to turn into an alien abduction/zombie outbreak/ghost hunt show rather than something which is similar to Hunger Games or the movie The Condemned. lol

overall, very entertaining *Q*
Nope.
Oct 9, 2012 7:39 PM

Oct 2011
SetsukoHara said:
I really liked all those tennis player in the world ranking of the game: Agassi, Kuerten, Roddick, Tsonga... LOL.

i lol'd
Nope.
Oct 10, 2012 4:37 AM

Jun 2012
So many Light vibes from the MC lol. Of course Light is much better. <3
Oct 10, 2012 5:22 AM

Aug 2012
fact_finder said:
best first episode of the season? yes for me.

awesome enviroment, great atmosphere. i was rather half expecting this to turn into an alien abduction/zombie outbreak/ghost hunt show rather than something which is similar to Hunger Games or the movie The Condemned. lol

This may be another condemned except that, that Kyouta not at all looks like Steve Austin. loL
But awesome start indeed, I can't wait for the second episode.
"Fear can hold you a prisoner, hope can set you free."
-The Shawshank Redemption
Oct 10, 2012 8:33 AM

Jul 2010
Toreno said:
Tsonga, Agassi, Roddick... What the hell? Am I watching Tennis?

haha. +1

Actually I was very surprised with this anime. It's not as bad as I thought it would be. I am watching at least 2 more episodes to say if I like it or not, though, since I am not a fan of anime that pay too much attention to romance/ecchi and the girl is on the line here for me.

Oct 10, 2012 10:16 AM

May 2008
Good OP. Good episode start.

MAL said it's just 12 episodes? Hurm, then I should read the manga!
Oct 10, 2012 3:51 PM

Jan 2012
It made no fucking sense.
Sure its the first episode, but explaining NOTHING makes sense.
Thanks.
Oct 10, 2012 11:55 PM

May 2011
Gah, I can't believe they rushed the first episode. Since its 12 episodes, they're gonna rush it like hell.
Oct 11, 2012 2:29 AM

Aug 2011
AkitaSaito said:
Gah, I can't believe they rushed the first episode. Since its 12 episodes, they're gonna rush it like hell.

LittleChocoWolf said:
Thanks.
What exactly didn't make sense that we absolutely need to know at the moment? Why they're stuck there with bombs has obviously not been explained to keep it more of a mystery, while the protagonist slowly starts to remember more and more then piece the puzzle together. Or maybe discuss with that girl. The part where he bumps into the guys in the black suits already tells us a lot anyway. I don't really see the problem here.
Oct 11, 2012 3:02 AM

Dec 2011
imma curious about the anime and the manga
Oct 11, 2012 3:11 AM

Feb 2012
LittleChocoWolf said:
Thanks.

What do you expect from a Pilot Episode? It's just the beginning and will be the introduction of this series. Actually, This episode made some sense. They showed us how the series will unfold in the near future and it's concepts. Just wait. It will probably knock you later.

The manga of Btooom! currently have 49 chapters and the adaptation was planned to be only 12 episodes. How many chapters are they going to cover for this series? It's really very few compared to the number of chapters which the manga is in right now. I wish It was 24/25 episodes like SAO. The company/animation studio should better make a season 2 of this if that's the case. They'll Probably stick 3-4 chapters in one episode, I bet.
Oct 11, 2012 10:48 AM

May 2011
chanotek said:
AkitaSaito said:

LittleChocoWolf said:
Thanks.
What exactly didn't make sense that we absolutely need to know at the moment? Why they're stuck there with bombs has obviously not been explained to keep it more of a mystery, while the protagonist slowly starts to remember more and more then piece the puzzle together. Or maybe discuss with that girl. The part where he bumps into the guys in the black suits already tells us a lot anyway. I don't really see the problem here.

Oct 11, 2012 3:11 PM

May 2012
Fantastic OP. Decent English pronunciation is always a plus. (Just found out she's bilingual, that explains the pronunciation) It's like SAO meets Battle Royale. Definitely has potential.
Oct 11, 2012 8:32 PM

Feb 2010
onedaysnotice said:
Aggressive hikikomoris piss me off so much as well.
Oct 11, 2012 9:44 PM
Jul 2012
Well, LOVE THE OPENING... song, the pictures in it don't seem to fit for me. I find it a bit confusing here and there, but the mind and action fight made me overlook it. Well, for the fact that Nano sang the song...
F*CK YEAH B!T(H3S!
Oct 12, 2012 1:56 PM

Jul 2009
Great ep. I found out about Btooom! about a month ago. I've read all the translated chapters and it fucking rocks.

Oct 13, 2012 10:04 AM
May 2012
I like the Opening. But, the anime story has so weird, but it was OK.
Oct 13, 2012 11:00 AM

May 2012
great animation quality
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Oct 15, 2012 4:48 AM

Aug 2010
A nice first episode actually, the main character seemed okay except when he couldn't figure out his bombs were timed. He was under a lot of stress okay, but that was weird. 4/5.
Oct 15, 2012 7:01 PM
Jul 2011
The main character is an idiot. Why does it take him about 4 bombs to find out HOW it works?
It's obviously a damn timer.
Oct 16, 2012 10:54 AM

Feb 2011
For now , my favorite this season , hands down !
Oct 18, 2012 1:34 PM
Feb 2012
Mhmm quite liked it...looks pretty good so far though story is familiar sounding~
Oct 19, 2012 5:04 AM
Jul 2012
btooom... really? This won't do.
Say it with passion... BTOOOM!!!
Signature removed. See your messages for more information.
Oct 19, 2012 6:50 AM

Apr 2009
Expending the first bomb on the beach was OK since he doesn't know what it was but I wished he didn't waste 2 of his bombs when he was aiming for his first opponent along the coast, who thankfully was more stupid than he is. X_X Unfortunately for that guy, aiming and trajectory assist doesn't exist in the real world, sorry. XP

An OK episode for a start of what seems to be an another series of virtual-game-turned-real-life-survival-death-match. Let's see where it will take us on the next episodes.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 20, 2012 7:24 AM

Jan 2012
It's funny and really annoying how it took him 5 minutes to figure out that 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 is a timer...
Oct 20, 2012 2:46 PM

Feb 2012
Basically a mix between Mirai Nikki and High school of the dead, both of which are just fan service with violence. Though the usage of grenades as primary battle weapons is interesting I feel the concepts and characters will be ignored and won't get explained into depth. Hopefully it'll at least live up to the promising thriller part of the anime.
Oct 20, 2012 10:09 PM

Oct 2012
Had me hooked from the beginning. Good first episode. Both the OP and ED are nice. Also, the main character treats his mom like crap which sucks, I'm sure he won't if he manages to get out of this lol.
Oct 22, 2012 12:47 AM
Jul 2018
i'm surprised he didn't get it the rules of the game, since he is a champion in the virtual game, i assumed his logical reasoning would kick in faster instead of screaming and running around like a nutter. i was disappointed in him at first. but he got his composure back and now i don't hate him so much.
Oct 26, 2012 1:56 PM

Jul 2008
it look like anime Ver of "gamer"
Oct 28, 2012 3:48 AM

Jan 2012
Nice op and ed
and the anime seems great so far u can relate with some of the stuff lol
Oct 28, 2012 10:58 AM

Oct 2012
This anime is awesome, its the best anime this season f**k yeah

The mc is awesome, he's genius, ofc, he's the top 10 player in the world. The way he beat his opponent in the game at the beginning is awesome, throwing the bomb on the air, genius. and the way he teleporting meters away to the opponent and breaking the glass, slam his opponent head to the ground and left the bomb in his mouth is so cool, I guess his opponent doesnt know the bomb was planted in his mouth for sure, genius. And the way he walk away, and his winning stand is so freakin cool.

The animation is really godlike, the way his face slamming the spider's net is tearjerking.

The only flaw part is when he throw the bomb without pushing the button, too bad he doesnt actually have the manual book for the bomb, I mean, we all doesnt know how a timer bomb works, right? it just showing number that count from 10 to zero, also, with beeps. some bombs explode at two, or 5 right?right? So we need a handbook of manual to see how a bomb timer works. But when he realize the bomb is working on timer, he already figured out it will explode at zero, he's genius, why I dont realize that sooner lol,dem

I want to have the armor that he's wearing. Even after that many explosion right infront of him, he seems to not suffers any serious injury. Any bomb blast at that close distant will surely kill us, like internal bleeding, etc. But thank god he's ok, the armor he wore really save his life.

And the last part is really epic. He plant the bomb on the ground, not 1 but 3 bombs and it exploded right under his opponent as*. He knew his oppenent is deaf, so the beeping sound made by the timer bomb wont blow his plan,thus will caught him off-guard, genius, totally genius.

also, his mother is totally moe~! but the girl at the end freak me out.

Best anime realistic comedy this season

I give 10 over 5, im genius.
Oct 28, 2012 1:45 PM

Apr 2012
I've read the resume for this many times just to disregard it in the end, but this time I finally decided to try it out. And I'm actually surprised at how much I enjoyed the first episode! It kinda reminded me of the book Battle Royale written by the Japanese author Koushun Takami - but only a little bit. The book is, of course, a whole lot better!

With that being said; on to the next episode!
Nov 1, 2012 5:49 PM

Dec 2010
the main guy is slow in the head
Nov 16, 2012 12:01 AM

Jun 2009
I found the episode good in its execution, but lacking in some elements. Random corniness and the obvious bomb timer thing were annoying.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Dec 20, 2012

470 by Niveen_Sleem »»
May 14, 1:35 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2012

140 by Niveen_Sleem »»
May 14, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Nov 8, 2012

142 by Niveen_Sleem »»
May 12, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 30, 2012

243 by Niveen_Sleem »»
May 4, 1:24 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2012

142 by project_ain »»
Mar 28, 7:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.