Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]
Jun 25, 2015 3:51 AM

Nov 2013
Kirito/Jesus and Asuna really are deluded... "Living in here isn't so bad. You don't lose a day in real life, you gain one in here..."

Not even a single damn given about their loved ones suffering and grieving in the real world cause they might never be able to hold their son or daughter again and see them smiling... So shallow... "As long as I'm happy, screw the rest!" -.-

When Asuna finally mentions the real world (I was like: "Yes! Finally!) she just worries about what's happening to their bodies... What the hell?! Could you be any more inconsiderate towards the people that care about you?? The selfishness is unbelievable...
DrakensbergMistJun 25, 2015 4:02 AM

Jul 6, 2015 1:54 PM

Sep 2014
Typical anime thingy. All "Simply looking" characters are killed of , and only "Good looking characters(unique hair colors and shape)" take the biggest.
Sep 30, 2015 12:40 AM

Jul 2013
Wow. That boss. Wow. Best fight in the series so far.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Nov 28, 2015 5:03 PM
Jul 2018
kirito the loser is always the loser. wish he died in this episode
Apr 21, 2016 5:54 AM

Jan 2016
FUCK YEAH NOW THIS IS A FIGHT!! The boss Look Awesome, next going to be a epic episode!!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jul 20, 2016 1:52 PM

Sep 2014
First half was peaceful and romantic :) Last part was the beginning of an intense fight. Let's see how many will die :/
Aug 2, 2016 8:58 AM

Jun 2016
Good to see some action now. Good luck Kiritu :p
Nov 22, 2016 3:01 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
They are just so cute together ... I want a Kirito for myself lol

Jan 10, 2017 5:03 PM

Jul 2014
I'm happy to say that, halfway into the show, and it has managed to remain at a consistent level of quality so far.
Mar 18, 2017 11:10 AM

Jan 2017
The first half is so epic and amazing (11/10 scores), but the second half is so very very boring and terrible because the 2nd half is about the Skull Reaper big boss. I rated the 2nd half 4/10 scores only. But totally all half rated 7.5/10 scores is so far so great. I hope the 14th episode is amazing battle.
Apr 1, 2017 2:39 PM

Nov 2011
Finalmente uma ação, ja estava tédioso...
o(≧o≦)o Kimi o miteru to itsu mo HAATO DOKI DOKI
。。 Yureru omoi wa MASHUMARO mitai ni fuwa fuwa (✪㉨✪)
リラックマ☆コリラックマ
May 13, 2017 2:14 PM

Nov 2016
Relaxing start for this episode, the fight agains the Skull Reaper on the other hand was pretty exiting. The fast paced scenes in this anime are really the strength of it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 25, 2017 2:39 AM

May 2009
Another episode with a very good first half, which has no fights or stakes but it's actually entertaining, which gets ruined by a terrible second half. After participating in a fishing event which is probably the best moment this anime ever had, ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*Commander Heathcliff*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ calls Kirito and Asuna back immediately for the final floor rush, which includes a boss. I'm kind of peeved by this abrupt return to action after 11 episodes of doing jack shit since it's the hallmark of bad light novel adaptations, but at least I'm glad this story arc is coming to a conclusion.

Kirito is understandably worried about the next boss fight, since the advance party was wiped out without any chance to teleport out. The sentiment comes off as cliche since he wants his Perfect Waifu to not participate in the fight. Ok, I get where he’s coming from. This isn’t a gender thing, it’s a “you’re the woman I love, I want to protect you above anything else” thing. It’s just that in the context of a show where pretty much every problem is solved by Kirito being awesome and rescuing a helpless girl… yeah. And the show knows this is very selfish of him, which is good.

To which Asuna responds, "If you were to die, I'd have no reason to live anymore."

What. How. How do you get from badass vicecommander of guild to this? Does Kawahara understand that Romeo and Juliet was very consciously about stupid teenagers, and not an actually sincere articulation of ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* The Most Romantic Form of Love*✧*:・゚✧?

Sword Art Online: The Greatest Love Story Ever Told

Kirito then brings up the option of abandoning the frontlines altogether and returning to their little house in the woods. And then Asuna says that they can't because their real bodies are probably not in a good state at this point in time, and she knows this because in the first days many people were just disconnecting from the game when they were transported into hospitals. This is how she convinces him?! What about all that “carrying the hopes of the either players” shit you were talking about? You know, the stuff the show is actually about? And remember Rosalia from episode 4 being all like "There's no proof that we'll die in real life"? Well, people were collapsing offline in mass amounts at the same time. How the hell does that kind of reasoning make it past a spectacle like that?

Well, even if this episode was terrible, we only have one more to go before we can put Aincrad behind us. Make it count, SAO!
Arashi89Jan 26, 2018 8:39 AM
Nov 11, 2017 9:54 PM

Nov 2017
I never thought a show about trapped VRMMORPG players could bore me so much. The battle in the second half had its moments of fluidity, but overall the CG monster is just pathetically done. Hope this shit gets better. 3/5
Dec 8, 2017 3:29 AM

Sep 2015
Nice calm beginning and damn that Dark Souls level boss. Massive 5 health bars and 1 hits :O
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Mar 1, 2018 1:11 AM
Feb 2018
19:05 申通快递!!!!!!!
Apr 9, 2018 9:05 PM

Sep 2017
Well, I noticed it now, but Kirito's face always looks kinda dumb.

Wasn't there a time limit to implant the necklace AI, like the healer from Kirito's sister lookalike?

Asuna got overemotional about fishing. Fight scenes were good stuff.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 16, 2018 4:44 AM

Mar 2018
now that's more like it...the past few episodes had no action at all. and kirito sighs too much.
May 21, 2018 5:51 PM

May 2018
Better episode than the lasts. We have some action again finally.
Apr 10, 2019 1:18 PM
Dec 2017
so far so good!!! <3
im so hooked!
May 30, 2019 11:07 PM

Aug 2017
Kirito's fishing was hilarious lol.

At least in the end we finally get some action again. For some reason, I don't trust Heathcliff.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 10, 2020 10:33 PM

Sep 2018
Gotta say, it's a lot more romance based than what I initially thought it might be. A shame about the pretty poor pacing issues. It's constantly trying to engage you emotionally when it hasn't done enough to do so. I'm enjoying the MCs relationship though....
Jun 14, 2020 12:48 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Their peaceful vacation had to end, I guess they had to focus on clearing the game or it means nothing.
Aug 20, 2020 10:41 PM

Jun 2020
i actually enjoyed that fishing bit, had a few laughs! i wish they had more comedic moments like this

kirito's expression was so dazed when he was looking at asuna fighting the king fish, so cute!!!!

i wasn't losing my days in the real world. i was just living them out here i loved that, great quote :(

i really liked when the frame shows their POV i think more of those throughout the series would have worked really well it was to say the least, really unsettling to watch from their POV

really liked this episode, there was more motivation on the characters' part and it didn't feel overly forced, the emotional scenes actually did something for me

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 1, 2020 5:06 AM

Dec 2018
All that love for Yui, gone to none other than fishing, where is the agency, where is we should escape and bring back our daughter to life, F*ck that we are on vacation.

Ok, the most absolute 100% positive aspect of the entire show is Asuna's character design. I'll leave that info right here.

Finally, Asuna gives us a reason to why she loves Kirito. Kirito throughout that whole monologue was like "wait really, I gave you all that". Still, even though she gave us a reason, as always it's extremely late[It feels like the creator came up with it right now]. The damage is done. Just imagine, what if we got these character moments, shes' expositing, in the previous episodes, we could have gotten to know her through her perspective with loosing her real-life days but no "we need more harem candidate episodes". The emotion the show constantly tries to shove down our throats are coming out of nowhere. Trying to explain the shoving later doesn't fix what's already in our throats.

So now they are having the talk about what is happening to there real bodies, still no mention about anything they have in their real lives, you know like family or what their real-life is even is. So far Kirito simply doesn't care about his real life[before SAO], which means he doesn't give a damn about his family and Asuna as well.

The fact that they are realising that they are in a time limit now, after the VACATION, is ridiculous, especially since Asuna talks about the disconnected players. They always knew there was a time limit, it's just a plot point now because the characters are all brain dead.

The ending fight was fine. CG but still fine.
Oct 23, 2020 8:38 PM
Feb 2020
It's like Yui never happened.

I don't get Kirito and Asuna. I don't get this anime. The writing. Where's the character development gone from the last arc.

We're back to two soul less empty husks (yes they love one another, Level 100 love for one another) but I thought they were now like actually giving af now for every one. And fighting for the kids, the old guys, every one.

But second half of this episode.... Kirito: Yeah just so you know in the fight if it goes bad I'mma fight for Asuna. Idgaf what happens to you. K. (not his exact words but that is what he said). Then he goes and asks Asuna to stay out of the fight. This time he deserved a slap. You've already both accepted the summons to fight. After all that forced dialogue with the recap scenes.

The smith called Kirito out on not even giving his friends ... a proper greeting.

Finally at the end of the ep. They all started to attack toghether not just let one person at a time attack while they just watch. You can't let a strong boss like that pick you off one by one. If you're going to fight you have to all fight all at once. The commander did his best from the start. After too many had been cut down Every one finally starts fighting toghether.

Mar 13, 2021 12:47 PM

Nov 2019
I really liked this boss design, it was the sickest so far! I’m looking forward to learn how the next ones look!
Nov 16, 2021 11:09 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Nah, forget about the boss design.

Those Kirito face is absolutely the best face he got until this episode.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 5, 2022 1:02 AM
Oct 2019
How are the players fed in real life?
Aug 9, 2022 8:23 AM
Oct 2020
ME ENCANTA SU CONTENIDO FÁCIL Y RÁPIDO
Aug 20, 2022 2:33 PM

May 2022
wholesome and awesome episode, fishing arc was fun, more KiriAsuna moments, and great fight scene. this episode is significant with Asuna's story of meeting Kirito and how she was able to gain a day in Aincrad and lessen her fears thanks to Kirito's compassion and perseverance. their bond is unbreakable and strong. that cliffhanger at the end really got me excited too.
Sep 24, 2022 6:38 AM
Jul 2021
Frustrating that the end is in the best moment.
Oct 4, 2022 2:37 PM
Jul 2020
apareceu o kleim e ele é foda e gostoso
Oct 22, 2022 11:16 AM

Mar 2019
Things have gotten pretty boring for me ever since they decided to be together. Everything feels too much like a filler.

Nice ending and the title of the next episode is very interesting.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Feb 26, 2023 4:57 PM

May 2021
poscula said:
Anally apparently. You see this show has something called plot convenience and it really dislikes when you try to think about it. It's best you don't think. Thinking is bad, mkay. I mean if you started thinking you'd start to wonder if Kirito can kill a rabbit with nails, why has no one made a ranged unit with same things and did DPS on bosses. Of how come there were no power outages during two years. I mean sure VR thing has batteries, but what about network connectivity and not one is lagging anywhere. Or for example if food in game makes them feel not hungry would that also mean having sex makes them cum in real life. If dual wielding is a skill does that mean eating with fork and knife is also a skill? If there are no jobs in this game, how come there are blacksmiths later on? Or how can guild leaders be strong if they never fight in front lines and just sit and manage things? If everyone has to be online all the time, how come no one figured out where the damn thing is hosted or eliminate person by person everyone's connection? Just visit their homes and see if they have a helmet.

I mean, I could go. There are so many holes here it looks like a net rather than a painting.
Mar 1, 2023 1:39 PM
Oct 2019
MeanEYE said:
poscula said:
Anally apparently. You see this show has something called plot convenience and it really dislikes when you try to think about it. It's best you don't think. Thinking is bad, mkay. I mean if you started thinking you'd start to wonder if Kirito can kill a rabbit with nails, why has no one made a ranged unit with same things and did DPS on bosses. Of how come there were no power outages during two years. I mean sure VR thing has batteries, but what about network connectivity and not one is lagging anywhere. Or for example if food in game makes them feel not hungry would that also mean having sex makes them cum in real life. If dual wielding is a skill does that mean eating with fork and knife is also a skill? If there are no jobs in this game, how come there are blacksmiths later on? Or how can guild leaders be strong if they never fight in front lines and just sit and manage things? If everyone has to be online all the time, how come no one figured out where the damn thing is hosted or eliminate person by person everyone's connection? Just visit their homes and see if they have a helmet.

I mean, I could go. There are so many holes here it looks like a net rather than a painting.
exactly my point. thanks for corroborating it

Mar 2, 2023 9:46 AM

May 2021
poscula said:
MeanEYE said:

exactly my point. thanks for corroborating it
In reality you can feed people through IV, but you have to move them every couple of hours otherwise body starts getting bed sores and skin falls apart. All kinds of nasty issues. But show really doesn't want you to think and writer of the show has now freaking idea how gaming works.
Jul 14, 2023 12:54 PM

Aug 2019
dont know why asuna had those odd clothes when they went fishing but she looked good

i mean this frame is how i feel about sao.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2023 9:49 AM

Jan 2022
Another filler episode. At least this one was funny
This never updates so that's cool
Aug 27, 2023 3:04 PM
Aug 2023
After the emotional devastation I suffered in the last few, this was a nice change of pace
Nov 6, 2023 2:54 PM
Oct 2022
La escuela pública argentina fue creada en respuesta a una necesidad social para fortalecer la integración y homogeneización cultural, para incorporar plenamente a los inmigrantes al modelo de desarrollo dominante en Argentina y garantizar el progreso del país. El proyecto liberal y las ideas de la ilustración de los hombres de mayo se consolidaron a través de la generación del 80, liderada por Sarmiento, Mitre y Alberdi, quienes creían en "poblar, educar y garantizar las libertades individuales". Para cumplir con estas premisas, se fomentó la inmigración europea, se extendió el sistema educativo y se organizó el Estado bajo el centralismo porteño. La educación se consideró el camino para que el pueblo bárbaro pudiera asumir las orientaciones del modelo civilizatorio por el que se inclinaba la elite dirigente. La Constitución de 1853 garantizaba la educación en todo el territorio nacional, pero la Ley 1.420 de 1884 la estableció como común, laica, gratuita y obligatoria. Las estadísticas de la época revelan un esfuerzo por llevar adelante el proyecto educativo, pero aún había más de un millón de personas analfabetas en la población de 1.737.076 habitantes.
Dec 16, 2023 8:11 AM

Nov 2023
Gaddamn, what an epic boss fight this is
Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
Yesterday, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.