Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 22, 2012 3:39 PM

Aug 2011
Boo fucking hoo. The only thing SAO is good at is making characters I really do not care for in the slightest. I'm pretty sure we've all heard the "I'm just a program/AI..." line way too many times. Kara no Kyoukai did that one hundred times better. Ugh, this series is just so banal.
Sep 22, 2012 3:59 PM
Dec 2011
anyone else get that AnoHana feel to that ending? x.x it depressed me lol
Sep 22, 2012 4:01 PM

May 2012
I had no idea Yui was so OP! But it turns out she's just part of the Matrix. Seeing her go was pretty depressing. Hopefully Kirito and Asuna find a way to get their "baby" back.

*Sigh* All of those wasted frog legs.....
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Sep 22, 2012 4:04 PM

Sep 2012
wow there's enough fodder in this episode for all the "Kuroyuki is Yui" theorists I'm surprised no one has jumped in on it yet in this thread(or did i miss a post?)....and I'm gathering that the sword Yui transpired is some elite level sword so why not give it to Kirito? Oh well not a bad episode, first part was meh, and Asuna chucking a hissy fit over frogs legs was kind of spine-cringing but yeh...
..this space under construction...
Sep 22, 2012 4:14 PM

Jun 2012
Since Yui became a game object, shouldn't they have the ability to revive her using the flower that Kirito showed to Silica-chan to revive her pet dragon?

That should happen!
Sep 22, 2012 4:17 PM

Aug 2009
Pheneks said:
Since Yui became a game object, shouldn't they have the ability to revive her using the flower that Kirito showed to Silica-chan to revive her pet dragon?

That should happen!

This works only for pet monsters or whatever they are called.
Sep 22, 2012 4:19 PM

Jun 2012
ssjokg said:
Pheneks said:

That should happen!

This works only for pet monsters or whatever they are called.

Oh, I thought it was all game objects. Thanks for the clarification!
Sep 22, 2012 4:25 PM

Aug 2010
Reapers always make difficult bosses in my experience.
Sep 22, 2012 4:30 PM

Dec 2010
prismheart said:
Reapers always make difficult bosses in my experience.

Well they do represent death after all
Sep 22, 2012 4:37 PM

Apr 2011
rederoin said:
They are crying over a program?

I really hope the next few episodes are going to better than episode 11 & 12.

Agreed.
A complete SNOOZE FEST!!! Bring on the main story!!!
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Sep 22, 2012 4:38 PM

Aug 2011
rederoin said:

Oh lord, my sides xD
Sep 22, 2012 4:39 PM

Oct 2010
Redfoxoffire said:
What is this show?
I know last episode it was Family Matters so in simple terms this episode is to expand on the knowing more the child. I know those who don't care of that element are not happy of this episode. That's for sure.

That's fine I wanted to know more about Yui.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 22, 2012 4:44 PM
Jul 2012
rederoin said:

in the extra material short
because kirito didnt want to let NPCs die during that boss battle.
Sep 22, 2012 4:44 PM

May 2009
Awaki said:
Every 2-3 posts in by InfiniteDestiny.
May I be bold to ask is this your home topic or something?

BossLuffy said:
But am I the only one who likes the LN better than the anime adaption so far.

No, pretty much everyone who read the LN thinks the anime is better, makes sense. Only advantages of anime is OST action and animation.

Unfortunately, SAO has a generic YK soundtrack which is also badly used. But oh well, there are those who want her to repeat herself over and over, so for them this OST is probably good.
Sep 22, 2012 4:49 PM

Dec 2010
baril said:
rederoin said:

in the extra material short
because kirito didnt want to let NPCs die during that boss battle.

Sep 22, 2012 5:02 PM

Jan 2012
I love this show and it pains me to badmouth it, but really...I started watching this anime becouse of the great plot and awesome fights. But lately it turned into some drama. Second episode in a row boring and annoying. I hope the producers will get their act together.

Sep 22, 2012 5:03 PM

Dec 2010
ownosourus said:
I love this show and it pains me to badmouth it, but really...I started watching this anime becouse of the great plot and awesome fights. But lately it turned into some drama. Second episode in a row boring and annoying. I hope the producers will get their act together.

Don't worry the Yui arc is over; the fights and such that you like are coming back next episode.
Sep 22, 2012 5:08 PM

Jul 2012
Overall, I enjoyed this episode so 4/5. Didn't cry really though. I didn't really feel sad. She wasn't real after all.

I find it hard to believe that Asuna and Kirito were so attached to her afterwards that they even thought of Yui as their own child. Come on, you've met her for less than a week!

On a side note, poor Toad Meats got deleted because Tsasunadere threw them away :(
Sep 22, 2012 5:10 PM

Jan 2012
Cool ep. This series is getting good as of late and almost living up to this immense hype.
Sep 22, 2012 5:11 PM
Aug 2011
Finally we can start getting back to the main storyline. Never cared for the side stories, although I guess they are fairly necessary when characters are mentioned later.
Sep 22, 2012 5:19 PM

Nov 2007
Is it just me or this anime is awfully sad? I hoped to see more action in this anime but it's been a real tearjerker in every the other episode for the past two months.

I know like not knowing anything about what's happening in the true world and not even knowing a bit is like weird, I mean they are stuck here for more than two years, how is their real body surviving in the real world. Yet I think this anime needs more love from the fans. Because the story has heart. :)

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Sep 22, 2012 5:22 PM

Jul 2011
I'm glad that Yui has disappeared, now all that thing about mama and papa is over.
Sep 22, 2012 5:24 PM

Aug 2009
aiNkyy said:
now all that thing about mama and papa is over.

hahaha lol no
Sep 22, 2012 5:25 PM

Sep 2009
ownosourus said:
I read the first few Light novels and I can tell you that despite the synopsis, this is more of a romance show to me. Might be a bit deceiving to people just looking for some action (not that this show doesn't have any). I'm not sure what you want the producers to do though...the anime is just following the light novel.
Sep 22, 2012 5:25 PM

Aug 2008
Ok so we've known this character for like...an episode and it expects us to take this supposedly super sad scene seriously?

Also I like how they are more sad and react stronger to a program's death than normal people dying around them, speaks miles about their characters.

Overall this whole episode was a mess, not as bad as 10 but still pretty bad.
Sep 22, 2012 5:28 PM

Aug 2009
hyperknees91 said:
Ok so we've known this character for like...an episode and it expects us to take this supposedly super sad scene seriously?

Also I like how they are more sad and react stronger to a program's death than normal people dying around them, speaks miles about their characters.

Can you mention those other people except for the guy in ep2 and Gofrey in ep10?
Sep 22, 2012 5:28 PM

Feb 2012
Well, I think this episode was pretty awkward and poorly adapted. They had a few pretty decent episodes there.
LunaSep 22, 2012 11:18 PM
Sep 22, 2012 5:30 PM

Jul 2012
hyperknees91 said:

Yeah I agree :o I don't get why Asuna and Kirito made such a big deal out of Yui when they've only met under a week ago :/
Sep 22, 2012 5:30 PM

Aug 2009
Scoops said:
Well, I think this episode was pretty awkward and poorly adapted. They had a few pretty decent episodes there.

I didnt really care about how they were gonna adapt Yui's arc as long as it wasnt complete shit.What I care about is the 75th floor's battle.
Sep 22, 2012 5:31 PM

Apr 2010
This episode was much better than I thought it was going to be. Its depressing to know Yui won't be around any more :(

Looking forward to next weeks episode though.

5/5
Sep 22, 2012 5:32 PM

Jan 2011
Eh..this is starting to become an Okay series hopefully shit goes down soon.

but the fire was pretty i guess,couldn't really get sad about Yui since she just popped up last week.
Sep 22, 2012 5:36 PM

Dec 2010
ssjokg said:
Scoops said:

I didnt really care about how they were gonna adapt Yui's arc as long as it wasnt complete shit.What I care about is the 75th floor's battle.

May just be my blind optimism but i can't see them messing that up; the only concern would be rushing it; but with 2 episodes it should be enough to deal with that series of events.
Sep 22, 2012 5:36 PM
Jun 2009
Worst arc by far, Im glad it's over.
Sep 22, 2012 5:37 PM
Jun 2010
The ALO is like a Expansion for SAO. Big content will be uploaded to the game.
Sep 22, 2012 5:39 PM

Jun 2012
ehh this episode was ok lol i feel like everything is just happening way too quickly.. xD
Sep 22, 2012 5:40 PM

Aug 2009
Nimed said:
The ALO is like a Expansion for SAO. Big content will be uploaded to the game.

Nope.It's

And this came out of nowhere..at least for the last few pages...
Sep 22, 2012 5:42 PM

Aug 2008
ssjokg said:
hyperknees91 said:

Can you mention those other people except for the guy in ep2 and Gofrey in ep10?

The fact that we can already name 2 people is pretty sad all by itself.

All those soldiers and what not in episode 9- barely reacts
All his guild members besides sachi- barely reacts
When he straight up murders someone- barely reacts
And just people on a constant basis (over 2000 in the first month, he's just eh whatever)

I mean seriously its kind of silly when death is treated so lightly, but the second a girl is involved the show is all like BOOHOO.

And lets not forget the stupid logic he has with the NPC's, like seriously Kirito must be insane or something.
Sep 22, 2012 5:43 PM

Feb 2012
I just wanna confirm something.

Is it just me, or did like, EVERYTHING make TOTAL sense in the Novel compared to the Anime that is filled with a lot of plot holes and everything seams a bit.. off?
InfiniteDestiny said:

May just be my blind optimism but i can't see them messing that up; the only concern would be rushing it; but with 2 episodes it should be enough to deal with that series of events.
I don't wanna sound like a complete asshole or anything, but I'm pretty sure it's your "blind optimism". I mean, I don't think the pacing here is the only issue. IMHO,I think the Main concern is they way they adapt each different scenario.

Now if you excuse me, I got some Kokoro Connect to catch up with.
LunaSep 22, 2012 11:20 PM
Sep 22, 2012 5:54 PM

Dec 2007
The episode was so-so...Unfortunately I don't feel a thing for Yui's disappearance. And I just rolled my eyes when Asuna was crying..
Sep 22, 2012 5:55 PM

Aug 2009
hyperknees91 said:

You mean when they were IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIGHT?Yes they should have started crying instead of continuing the fight...

Or when Kirito almost died because of another human?Yeah it would be pretty realistic to cry for another man's death when your loved one almost died.

So you watched the ep or not?Asuna charged in to save them and I am pretty sure Kirito used Dual Blades to save everyone's ass.

That was 1,5 years ago.And the flashbacks when he remembers them it's not only Sachi but everyone.And it makes sense that he would care more for Sachi since he told her over and over again that he will protect her.

He is the third player Kirito killed AND he was an asshole that already killed Godfrey(and 2 more in the LN)and was planning to kill both him and Asuna

And just people on a constant basis (over 2000 in the first month, he's just eh whatever)

I dont remember any episode showing Kirito during the first month.Or his opinions on that.
Sep 22, 2012 6:03 PM

Aug 2009
Scoops said:
I just wanna confirm something.

Is it just me, or did like, EVERYTHING make TOTAL sense in the Novel compared to the Anime that is filled with a lot of plot holes and everything seams a bit.. off?

No you are right.Still, it's not THAT BAD as people call it.
Sep 22, 2012 6:07 PM

Aug 2008
ssjokg said:
hyperknees91 said:

You mean when they were IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIGHT?Yes they should have started crying instead of continuing the fight...

Or when Kirito almost died because of another human?Yeah it would be pretty realistic to cry for another man's death when your loved one almost died.

So you watched the ep or not?Asuna charged in to save them and I am pretty sure Kirito used Dual Blades to save everyone's ass.

That was 1,5 years ago.And the flashbacks when he remembers them it's not only Sachi but everyone.And it makes sense that he would care more for Sachi since he told her over and over again that he will protect her.

He is the third player Kirito killed AND he was an asshole that already killed Godfrey(and 2 more in the LN)and was planning to kill both him and Asuna

I dont remember any episode showing Kirito during the first month.Or his opinions on that.

Obviously it didn't bother him much though. You would think after 2000 people dying...you would grow to be a bit scared of the world, rather than just eh "I'll just play a tough hero constantly"

Regardless of being in the middle of the fight or not. With episode 2 guy dies, he doesn't really react and is super calm about it (like any normal 14 year old). Plus after the fight when everyone accuses him, rather than feeling guilty or sad...what's his reaction? To act like a complete asshole that's what.

Same for Godfrey and the guy he murdered. After such a scene you would think he would still be in shock (if he was even remotely respectful to a person's death). But no, it sounds like a good spot to make out and confess your love.

Episode 9

Uh yeah kinda like how he always does? He still doesn't really get sad or react much over the death that happens.

As far as we know, he only cares about Sachi. It's the only name we even know (for a small guild no doubt!). I mean seriously, your other black cat members..they had names right? Nah only the girl dying is sad of course.

I don't think a 16 year old kid could just randomly murder someone and be ok with it, regardless of self defense

And you're kinda missing the point. The fact is..he gets more sad about a silly AI then any of this. This show has no sense of logic or respect towards human lives.
Sep 22, 2012 6:09 PM
Jun 2012
I'm not sure if anyone else is thinking this, but how are these people still alive? Are they all on life support in a hospital? And what's the point of eating food? I suppose they get pleasure out of eating, but there's no other point. I'm skeptical of thousands of people on life support without moving their nerv gear or turning off their computer. Hasn't it been years in real life already? So many questions. -_-
Sep 22, 2012 6:12 PM

Feb 2012
Ominous_bat said:
I'm not sure if anyone else is thinking this, but how are these people still alive? Are they all on life support in a hospital? And what's the point of eating food? I suppose they get pleasure out of eating, but there's no other point. I'm skeptical of thousands of people on life support without moving their nerv gear or turning off their computer. Hasn't it been years in real life already? So many questions. -_-

You're not reading previous threads and posts, are you?
They've been sent to hospitals and treated as comma patients. Eating food in SAO doesn't really affect their real bodeis.
Sep 22, 2012 6:12 PM

Aug 2008
Ominous_bat said:

They can't be in a hospital. Remember they can't disconnect the gear thing from their room hah.
Sep 22, 2012 6:14 PM

Feb 2012
I'm disappointed with this episode...

I tried to think this is an anime adaptation so it will naturally be rushed...but the drama was really not enough. I can't really put it into words, but I feel disappointed. That's all.
Sep 22, 2012 6:14 PM

Feb 2012
Ominous_bat said:
hyperknees91 said:

They can't be in a hospital. Remember they can't disconnect the gear thing from their room hah.
There is actually a thread about this. So it is like this. When the game started, the "GM" announced that they had 2 hours IRL to transfer everyone to a hospital. People knew it wasnt a bluff since it was huge over the news since a lot of people had died already. And if I remember correctly, they have to eat food to survive.
Sep 22, 2012 6:15 PM

Feb 2012
hyperknees91 said:
Ominous_bat said:

It wasn't mentioned in the anime, but Kayaba gave them an hour and allowed them to disconnect the nervegear.
Sep 22, 2012 6:18 PM

Aug 2008
HauntingShock said:
hyperknees91 said:
Ominous_bat said:

It wasn't mentioned in the anime, but Kayaba gave them an hour and allowed them to disconnect the nervegear.

Um...what? If they had to disconnect their nervegears..wouldn't they have been forced to logout..uhhh

Plus how does lag work. If a thunderstorm happens and the power gets knocked out, do they all die?

What if the net gets disconnected. ahhh so many plot holes.
Sep 22, 2012 6:20 PM

Feb 2012
hyperknees91 said:
HauntingShock said:
hyperknees91 said:
Ominous_bat said:

Um...what? If they had to disconnect their nervegears..wouldn't they have been forced to logout..uhhh

Plus how does lag work. If a thunderstorm happens and the power gets knocked out, do they all die?

What if the net gets disconnected. ahhh so many plot holes.

it's all explained in the novel.
Internal battery.
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
Yesterday, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.