Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 18, 2012 12:52 AM
Jun 2012
jammydodger63Mar 19, 2015 10:38 AM
Sep 18, 2012 12:59 AM

Dec 2010
No, you are entitled to your own opinion. More power to you.
Oct 13, 2012 11:44 AM
Jul 2012
Yes it is bad....
Oct 13, 2012 12:02 PM

Mar 2008
I think what notsureifsrs said is completely true.

Also, if you like something, you don't have to live for others and feel obligated to agree with them when they say something is bad. Besides, it goes to show that you know what you're talking about when you mentioned your feelings about each of the adaptions. (There are things you can admit that you didn't like about it, but you also feel that other parts were handled well).

If it helps, I prefer the AIR movie to the actual TV series. I know we're talking about Clannad here, but it's the same idea.

Oct 14, 2012 1:26 PM
Dec 2007
Unrelenting said:

Also, if you like something, you don't have to live for others and feel obligated to agree with them when they say something is bad. Besides, it goes to show that you know what you're talking about when you mentioned your feelings about each of the adaptions. (There are things you can admit that you didn't like about it, but you also feel that other parts were handled well).

If it helps, I prefer the AIR movie to the actual TV series. I know we're talking about Clannad here, but it's the same idea.
But the Air TV series was quite a trainwreck. People"pretend" it's good, but it was the first time KyoAni adapted a Key VN...and it sucked. They did much better on Clannad and Kanon.

Oct 15, 2012 8:20 PM

Mar 2008
Leon-Gun said:
Unrelenting said:

But the Air TV series was quite a trainwreck. People"pretend" it's good, but it was the first time KyoAni adapted a Key VN...and it sucked. They did much better on Clannad and Kanon.

Okay, but I mentioned that because, since I'm not among the people who "pretend it's good", I'm going against the flow, much like EternalFire feels that he's doing by preferring the Clannad movie to the more popular TV adaptions. Whether people pretend to like it or not, it's still the same case lol. Air TV is still ranked higher, is more popular, and more favored than it's movie adaption. The same is true when you compare both of Clannad's TV series with it's movie adaption.

Oct 15, 2012 9:13 PM
Dec 2007
Unrelenting said:
Leon-Gun said:
Unrelenting said:

Okay, but I mentioned that because, since I'm not among the people who "pretend it's good", I'm going against the flow, much like EternalFire feels that he's doing by preferring the Clannad movie to the more popular TV adaptions. Whether people pretend to like it or not, it's still the same case lol. Air TV is still ranked higher, is more popular, and more favored than it's movie adaption. The same is true when you compare both of Clannad's TV series with it's movie adaption.
I guess I did wrote it a little condescendingly too. Either way, personally I found the Air TV version was just lacking in all aspects. While the movie version diverges a little by not following the original plot loyally (something that ussually earns an adaptation the ire of the fans) it did more with the amount of time it had that the TV version did in it's 1 cour.

Anyway, yeah, in the end it's all personal feelings. I honestly believed the movie could have used the last stretch of time developing Tomoya and Ushio's conflicted feelings rather than spending all the post school part of the movie focusing on a mopey Tomoya. It may have even felt "better" than the TV version, as the TV version tried to do everything and only felt focused during the climax of season 1 and during the second half of After Story.

Oct 16, 2012 9:11 AM

Mar 2008
Leon-Gun said:
Unrelenting said:
Leon-Gun said:
Unrelenting said:

I guess I did wrote it a little condescendingly too. Either way, personally I found the Air TV version was just lacking in all aspects. While the movie version diverges a little by not following the original plot loyally (something that ussually earns an adaptation the ire of the fans) it did more with the amount of time it had that the TV version did in it's 1 cour.

Anyway, yeah, in the end it's all personal feelings. I honestly believed the movie could have used the last stretch of time developing Tomoya and Ushio's conflicted feelings rather than spending all the post school part of the movie focusing on a mopey Tomoya. It may have even felt "better" than the TV version, as the TV version tried to do everything and only felt focused during the climax of season 1 and during the second half of After Story.

Oh, I didn't find any fault in what you said about AIR. Otherwise, I'd be going against the whole point of this topic lol. Which, I think it's safe to say is "you are entitled to your own opinion", or, "if you like something, then like it without worry". I think the opposite is true here, too, which is "if you don't like something, dislike it without worry", and what notsureifsrs said applies here, too. Although I'm still not quite sure, after taking a good look at what you first wrote, I see how you could have actually been aiding my point, or at least my personal feelings about it. It was more so that I originally felt you were trying to bury my point, ha.

And since we're on the topic of the Clannad movie here, I've just remembered I hadn't added it to my list. Off to do that now I suppose~

Oct 27, 2012 11:01 AM

Sep 2011
Leon-Gun said:

But I don't think Air is a trainwreck. I would say it's too confusing and you need to wrap things up on the last 2 or 3 arcs so you may able to understand the plot. And it doesn't really matter for me if Air TV is adapted by KyoAni. What it matters for me is if its story is adapted flawlessly and in a "correct" way.

Mar 3, 2013 3:28 PM

Jan 2012
[Obvious spoilers, but not too specific]

There are 2 advantages(to some, to others they might be considered disadvantages).

- Focuses purely on Nagisa and Tomoya relationship = Isn't a harem like the TV series

- More realistic ending

But the TV series is an outstanding masterpiece, while this movie is just "good". You would have to hate harem and happy endings incredibly much to consider Movie better than TV series
Ratl0rdMar 3, 2013 4:07 PM
Mar 22, 2013 5:37 AM
Jul 2012
The movie was good I would give it a 7/10 but Clannad After Story I would give a 2/10. Just because how horrible the adaption was from the VN. They forgot to add some of the best scenes the horror unforgivable.
Mar 22, 2013 12:40 PM

Jun 2008
Sa-chan_ said:
But I don't think Air is a trainwreck. I would say it's too confusing and you need to wrap things up on the last 2 or 3 arcs so you may able to understand the plot. And it doesn't really matter for me if Air TV is adapted by KyoAni. What it matters for me is if its story is adapted flawlessly and in a "correct" way.

True facts: Air TV is actually brilliant, just too brilliant for its own good because it turns away those who can't follow it.
Jun 23, 2013 10:41 PM
Jul 2018
Jakerams said:
The movie was good I would give it a 7/10 but Clannad After Story I would give a 2/10. Just because how horrible the adaption was from the VN. They forgot to add some of the best scenes the horror unforgivable.

I am ashamed to share the same name as you...
Jun 23, 2013 10:48 PM

Jun 2012
How could having an opinion be perceived as negative?
Jul 31, 2013 10:51 PM

Feb 2010
Not sure how its possible for someone to think that O-O
The series was easily A LOT better than the movie. I am AAAA LOOOOOTTT.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Jan 18, 2014 1:38 AM

Apr 2012
While
notsureifsrs said:
No, you are entitled to your own opinion. More power to you.
is true ...

jammydodger63 said:
Is it bad that I prefer the movie to the series??
is surely a sign of insanity. Go to your nearest clinical psychologist and book an appointment.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Apr 6, 2014 11:24 PM

Mar 2013
Yes and you should be locked up in jail for ever for this choice.
In all truth it isn't bad if you enjoy the movie over the series. It's just your option.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Apr 27, 2014 6:54 PM

Aug 2013
I've actually never watched the movie, and I don't think I ever will. I've heard that Kotomi is only seen once in the background, Fuuko isn't in it, and Sunohara isn't funny. That's enough to keep me away from it like it's School Days.

Except it's probably not as bad as School Days. I don't anything is.
Jul 24, 2014 4:34 PM

Jul 2014
I tought the theatre scene was much better in the movie than in the serie and I like the fact than they ditched the harem plot point entirely (we all knew he would end up with Nagissa halfway thru the 1st season anyway)

However one thing that really got on my nerves is how much of a douche Tomoya was to Nagissa for most of the movie. Them falling in love and having a child kind of came out of left field in the movie, their relationship devlopped a lot more realistically in the serie.

IMHO the movie ain't bad but the serie is a masterpiece.
Aug 30, 2014 10:11 PM
Jun 2011
jammydodger63 said:
Everyone says how bad the movie is and the series is much better. I feel like I'm the only one who thinks the movie is a lot better than the series both Clannad and After Story combined. The only thing I didn't like about the movie was that everything was too crammed and the character development was pretty poor. Other than that I felt like it handled things better than the series did, especially the ending and Nagisa's play. Nagisa's play here was a million times better than the series. No breaking down in tears, she got out and performed like she should do. I thought that was just so much better. What pissed me off about the first series in particular was the unnecessary melodrama. The movie had no melodrama so that was another good thing.Also it managed to stick to the main story, unlike the series where it had pointless fillers about characters that were not important. I don't get why so many people hate it when there were some things in the movie that were actually handled better.

I agree that the movie was slightly better is some ways than the series was. The theater scene was much better in the movie. Also it had a more realistic and believable ending. However I felt that was a little was rushed and left out most of Nagisa's and Tomoya's relationship.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Dec 26, 2014 5:56 PM

Jun 2014
JBranch said:
jammydodger63 said:
Everyone says how bad the movie is and the series is much better. I feel like I'm the only one who thinks the movie is a lot better than the series both Clannad and After Story combined. The only thing I didn't like about the movie was that everything was too crammed and the character development was pretty poor. Other than that I felt like it handled things better than the series did, especially the ending and Nagisa's play. Nagisa's play here was a million times better than the series. No breaking down in tears, she got out and performed like she should do. I thought that was just so much better. What pissed me off about the first series in particular was the unnecessary melodrama. The movie had no melodrama so that was another good thing.Also it managed to stick to the main story, unlike the series where it had pointless fillers about characters that were not important. I don't get why so many people hate it when there were some things in the movie that were actually handled better.

I agree that the movie was slightly better is some ways than the series was. The theater scene was much better in the movie. Also it had a more realistic and believable ending. However I felt that was a little was rushed and left out most of Nagisa's and Tomoya's relationship.

The thing is that, in the original(visual novel) the theater scene was the same as in the serie. And if you know its from key you should expect a little bit of surnatural especially for the ending so it's your fault for expecting a believable ending.. but that your opinion, I'm just stating facts.
May 15, 2015 10:15 PM

Aug 2014
Sunohara and Nagisa had really annoying personalities in this movie.

If there is one thing that the movie did great that the TV series never did was how when Nagisa passed, Sunohara went to visit Tomoya. In the anime, when Nagisa passed, no one went to visit Tomoya. Some friendship huh?

And Tomoya was charming in the anime. In the movie, from the very beginning, he was not charming at all.
Aug 8, 2015 8:04 AM

Mar 2012
the movie is much better just because Clannad movie is directed by Osamu Dezaki
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Feb 24, 2016 4:52 AM

Dec 2014
Movie seemed more relistic but the series was good too
Feb 24, 2016 6:47 AM

Nov 2013
No. I rewatched it twice while I haven't rewatched any clannad series.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

May 14, 2017 6:34 PM

Apr 2016
that are exactly my thoughts. I dragged the series, I couldn't understand why all they hype. Everything seemed really artificial I couldn't stop seeing the writers trying to make it sad, forcing situations that hardly would happen in reality. But this movie, with all those subtleties, that in depth view of his relationship with his father, the fact that it's way more realistic than the anime (like it could actually be real)... I agree with you movie it's better than the series
Sep 23, 2019 11:17 AM

May 2016
Dear god... YES, yes it is bad!
Feb 7, 2020 7:00 AM

Oct 2013
The fact that none of the reviews mention Dezaki should tell you something about this website
Oct 4, 2020 1:12 PM
Jan 2018
Nope. I like this more solely for the fact that there’s less of it. Neither are good though.
Oct 11, 2020 3:05 PM
Oct 2020
Well the movie leaves out the best scenes from the series, and the scenes it includes and presented with anywhere near the amount of care as the series. Clannad is my favourite anime of all time and I think the movie shouldn't exist as it is essentially just a worse version. The movie in my opinion is awful especially in comparison but you are entitled to your own opinion, I just can't understand it at all. Clannad is a masterpiece and this movie is a horrifically failed clone of it.

More topics from this board

» When should I watch this(please no spoiler)

Hickykissy - May 2

9 by Putra_weeb »»
May 5, 5:20 AM

» I know this movie's not looked upon fondly however

KaiserVonGogureo - Sep 27, 2022

6 by Theo1899 »»
Sep 29, 2022 10:59 AM

Poll: » Clannad (Movie) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Mar 11, 2008

171 by Gendolfas »»
Sep 3, 2022 5:33 AM

Poll: » Should I watch the series first?

woojoo666 - Dec 2, 2013

8 by DC27 »»
Sep 6, 2021 7:07 AM

» Prefer the series over movie.

ShaggyJonJ - Apr 17, 2018

2 by ShaggyJonJ »»
Apr 30, 2018 11:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.