Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 15, 2012 4:03 PM

Dec 2010
Nichibotsu-kaeru said:
that mummy daddy stuff was a bit ridiculous, but yui is sort of cute, still they could of leaved that stuff for later just felt way to cheesy

Trust me when i say that whether you like these episodes or not the character Yui is important, so if you find it boring just tolerate it for one more episode.
Sep 15, 2012 4:04 PM

Jan 2008
Major... spoiler.
Sep 15, 2012 4:04 PM

Jun 2010
Just imagine what will happen to ALO arc
Sep 15, 2012 4:06 PM

Jul 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
ihateeveryone said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
ihateeveryone said:
kenshin_sama said:
-MgZ_ said:
@ihateeveryone: Non existent plot? Trolling? LOL.

I agree, horrible argument. Stop trying.

Not trolling, just giving out what I think of the series.

As far as I know, the initial plot is to get to floor 100 and beat the game, and I'm pretty sure getting married to a pretty girl then moving away isn't exactly going on par with said plot.

So because they don't go the lame level by level approach and deviate with character development it has a non existent plot? last time i checked they are still moving up in levels, and conflicts have risen like with Laughing Coffin and the weird occurrence during the Heathcliff duel, not to mention this very arc, where anime only viewers don't know the full deal with Yui yet.

When did I ever say that? They haven't dealt with anything that has to do with the real plot for 11 episodes - it's all been side stories or some little conflict that contributes nothing to the overall story. Even if they're moving up levels there's nothing that's happened to help contribute to the main conflict.

That's exactly it, we're anime only viewers so you can't kill us for thinking about the series the way that we are. We're gonna judge based off of what we know and if that pisses you off SO MUCH then go discuss SAO with people who've read the light novel.

Wouldn't this ask the question on what you believe the story to be? Think about it, when stranded in such a game there are issues to be solved instead of just leveling up, like character ones, for Kirito it was bearing the burden that others may die before him, like the Black Cats, for Asuna it was understanding what was reality, she denied SAO because she thought it was all a bad dream it was just a sick game and her reality was back home, for Lizbeth it was loneliness, she had trouble bearing the idea that she was truly alone in that world, so on and so forth. the development is there, whether people like the characters or no is a different story.

Except all of those were terribly paced and executed to the point where I couldn't care enough about them to see them as good, it's even to the point where I completely forget who the Black Cats were.

Sure, there are other issues to solve but as of now the show looks like most of it's problems pertain none to the actual story and don't help drive Kirito closer to the end nor do they help make Kirito and Asuna's relationship more realistic. The development was to the point of being nonexistent, mostly due to the lack of care that I had for the characters. Development can get away with being fast paced if the characters are given proper screentime, hence why, for example, in Madoka Magica Mami's development was hardly noticeable due to her 3 episode screentime while Sayaka's was very apparent throughout 8 episodes.

Look, our views are obviously going to be different, especially considering you're a LN reader. You won't change your opinion and I'm not changing mine, simple as that. Do you think if you sat down and please tried to accept that some people aren't going to like the show? And for reasons that you disagree with?
Sep 15, 2012 4:06 PM

Dec 2010
-MgZ_ said:

Ya more or less; better yet imagine what would happen to the ALO arc without

Sep 15, 2012 4:07 PM
Aug 2012
ihateeveryone said:
accept that some people aren't going to like the show
Sep 15, 2012 4:07 PM

May 2011
Uberchu said:
Praise SAO all you want, you can't really say that the plot is stellar. All we had are a bunch of time skips. Even in the light novel there was just a massive time skip to where Kirito is level 94. Seriously, when I first watched SAO I expected watching an anime that genuinely tried to emulate an MMORPG. You know, where you have to actually work to get strong. Instead, we get a guy who magically becomes one of the strongest players there, and the only explanation we get is "lolgrinding." As if SAO didn't have some of the most hardcore MMORPG enthusiasts there.

/rant

Anyone, this episode was meh to below average. Seems so boring.

Since this is an asian MMO, the the only way to get stronger is "lolgrinding" and killing elite mobs that drop shit.
Sep 15, 2012 4:09 PM

Jun 2010
InfiniteDestiny said:
-MgZ_ said:

Its sad that a lot of people think badly of SAO when they haven't encountered the novel yet.
Sep 15, 2012 4:11 PM

Dec 2010
ihateeveryone said:

I already long since accepted that as it applies to all shows, i guess i was just curious as to why, i can't relate so my curiosity made me question it, thats all; i was never judging anyone's taste, if anything i was judging how they criticize things, thats all.
Sep 15, 2012 4:13 PM

Jan 2008
-MgZ_ said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
-MgZ_ said:

Its sad that a lot of people think badly of SAO when they haven't encountered the novel yet.

It's actually quite the opposite. A lot of people enjoy the series and they haven't read the novel.

You'll notice that the people who usually come in and troll/hate are usually the same people from the previous threads and by simply comparing the scores you can easily see there are more people who enjoyed it. Of course, a lot of people who vote also don't post in these forums or only post once or twice, though I can see why, since one little opinion can cause such a long argument discussion.
Sep 15, 2012 4:13 PM

Dec 2010
Uberchu said:
Dessiato said:

Before i go further let me get this straight, what you want is a cliche shounen? because "you know, where you have to actually work to get strong" that is what you just said, in shounens particularly the big 3 there are all kinds of BS powerups way more BS than in SAO. Kirito DID work and if you ever actually played a MMORPG you should know leveling up takes TIME, do you really want a episode of nothing but killing the same monsters over and over again to level up? i mean seriously i dnt get what you meant, i think i misunderstood you.

And SAO right now isn't shonen? If you're going to do shonen you might as well do it right. Goku spent entire decades training, but at least we got to see some of it. With Kirito, we're just told that. And my real complaint is that he's so much more powerful than everyone else, even though SAO has supposedly the most hardcore gamers of Japan. Yes, there's the "beta player" crap, but considering that most of the beta players were hardcore gamers in the first place, it doesn't make sense for Kirito to stand out.

Well first off please don't compare SAO to a show where they literally scream for episodes on end and more hair=more power, whether DBZ is good or not isn't even the point, its just a way different type of shounen. That said all shounen MCs stand above the rest, at the very least in potential or in someway, tell me one average shounen MC who isn't special in anyway, as for Kirito there is an actual reason he has Dual Blades

Sep 15, 2012 4:14 PM

Jun 2012
Dessiato said:
Fix your quote, I never said that.

Sorry man, something must have gone wrong when I deleted stuff to make it shorter.

Thing I meant to say:

InfiniteDestiny said:
Before i go further let me get this straight, what you want is a cliche shounen? because "you know, where you have to actually work to get strong" that is what you just said, in shounens particularly the big 3 there are all kinds of BS powerups way more BS than in SAO. Kirito DID work and if you ever actually played a MMORPG you should know leveling up takes TIME, do you really want a episode of nothing but killing the same monsters over and over again to level up? i mean seriously i dnt get what you meant, i think i misunderstood you.

And SAO right now isn't shonen? If you're going to do shonen you might as well do it right. Goku spent entire decades training, but at least we got to see some of it. With Kirito, we're just told that. And my real complaint is that he's so much more powerful than everyone else, even though SAO has supposedly the most hardcore gamers of Japan. Yes, there's the "beta player" crap, but considering that most of the beta players were hardcore gamers in the first place, it doesn't make sense for Kirito to stand out.
Sep 15, 2012 4:18 PM

Jul 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
ihateeveryone said:

I already long since accepted that as it applies to all shows, i guess i was just curious as to why, i can't relate so my curiosity made me question it, thats all; i was never judging anyone's taste, if anything i was judging how they criticize things, thats all.

Well, it's not fair to question almost everyone who has a bad opinion on the show. They'll probably criticize it differenty then you and that's just how it goes. You may not like it or agree with it, as I don't like how some people criticize my favorite shows, but it's simply stupid to try to judge people on how they view anime negativity, because you'll almost always disagree with it.
Sep 15, 2012 4:19 PM

Jul 2012
Some how it feels like some viewers doesn't like a calm, relaxed episode.
Jul 2012
-MgZ_ said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
-MgZ_ said:

novel =/= anime

May 2011
Uberchu said:
Dessiato said:
Fix your quote, I never said that.

Sorry man, something must have gone wrong when I deleted stuff to make it shorter.

Thing I meant to say:

InfiniteDestiny said:

Doing shounen right or doing it the way you prefer? There is no set way to animate something exactly the way others under this category normally do it.
Sep 15, 2012 4:21 PM

Aug 2009
it was an ok episode...not much was really told apart from an intro to Yui...can't believe how short this episode was....
Sep 15, 2012 4:21 PM

Jan 2008
Uberchu said:

Being a shounen/shonen doesn't mean 'training' scenes are required...
Sep 15, 2012 4:22 PM

May 2011
Think a lot of people forgot one of the most important lines in the series as to why there hasn't been much fighting and progress "People been here so long that they've given up hope of fighting" i am kinda paraphrasing, basically people are just making the best out of a bad situation and the virtual world is now their reality, they're basically in that state of, we might never get out of here so f*ck it, let's just chill here.
<center></center>
Sep 15, 2012 4:22 PM

Jun 2012
great episode. :] but the ending was a bit strange i wonder what that was all about.. o_O;
Sep 15, 2012 4:25 PM

May 2008
My god,
is too cute!

I had to .gif them >_<

Signature Sized (I think):

Feel free to use, just don't claim ya made it. If you want a specific scene .gif'd to signature or avatar than let me know the exact times (i.e. 15:23-15:32).
Sep 15, 2012 4:25 PM

Oct 2011
Is this thread mostly.........ah,screw it.

About the episode:
Well,it did confirm that this series won't focus on SWORD part (as the action) of SAO all the time.I assume there will be more romance episodes in the future.This will obviously piss off or annoy those who came in for or mostly the action.But for me,a mixture of action & romance is alright if done well...........which leads to a problem in this series.The mixture of action & romance is 2.75/5 worthy,the romance side is only 1.5/5 worthy because I don't find it believable,while the action is a 4/5 because when there is action it's good.And that's how I feel about the mixture of the romance & action in this series.Moving on.

The ART part of SAO continues to be one of the best part of this series.Not much else to say there.

Yui.......I completely see where this is going & I know this may be 100% wrong.....screw it,it IS 100% wrong but I'll post it anyway.
They all get attached to each other & become one big happy family.They go around having adventures in SAO & get closer to completely the game.They find out the mystery surrounding Yui (she part of the game or something,I'm making this shit up).Once they complete the game,they'll be force to leave Yui behind as they return to the real world.And after Kirito,Asuna,their friends & the audience (that may or may not include me) finish crying like babies because we had to say good bye to Yui;we have a timeskip & see the romance duo take their daughter (who looks like & is called Yui) to school.....or they'll "Angel Beats!" it & there was already a real world Yui.
And I don't want any of your spoiler novel readers.

Anyway,Yui FTW!

So,when are we going to move back on with the story?Wait....this is the story?Oh.....when can I get to see more of Liz or Kiene?I'm sorry,but they had too little screen time.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Sep 15, 2012 4:26 PM
Jun 2011
I was won over the Asuna x Kirito moments of them being together makes me tug my feelings with my first love.

Yui looks like Sachi to me I'm guessing there's some connection or it may just be me.
Sep 15, 2012 4:28 PM

Jan 2008
Jeddy017 said:
So,when are we going to move back on with the story?Wait....this is the story?Oh.....when can I get to see more of Liz or Kiene?I'm sorry,but they had too little screen time.

Main story will be back on Ep 13.

AzylSagara said:
I was won over the Asuna x Kirito moments of them being together makes me tug my feelings with my first love.

Yui looks like Sachi to me I'm guessing there's some connection or it may just be me.

None. It's not a spoiler.
Sep 15, 2012 4:29 PM

Aug 2009
Paul said:

what ppl fail to realize is that shonen is not just about big long-ass fights or time extenuating training....it's all about demographics

i actually prefer that we don't see Kirito leveling up as being an MMORPG player, that shit is boring as all hell..even Oda doesn't show training in One Piece

inb4 but OP is better fanboys
Sep 15, 2012 4:30 PM
Aug 2012
Jeddy017 said:
Is this thread mostly.........ah,screw it.

About the episode:
Well,it did confirm that this series won't focus on SWORD part (as the action) of SAO all the time.I assume there will be more romance episodes in the future.This will obviously piss off or annoy those who came in for or mostly the action.But for me,a mixture of action & romance is alright if done well...........which leads to a problem in this series.The mixture of action & romance is 2.75/5 worthy,the romance side is only 1.5/5 worthy because I don't find it believable,while the action is a 4/5 because when there is action it's good.And that's how I feel about the mixture of the romance & action in this series.Moving on.

The ART part of SAO continues to be one of the best part of this series.Not much else to say there.

Yui.......I completely see where this is going & I know this may be 100% wrong.....screw it,it IS 100% wrong but I'll post it anyway.
They all get attached to each other & become one big happy family.They go around having adventures in SAO & get closer to completely the game.They find out the mystery surrounding Yui (she part of the game or something,I'm making this shit up).Once they complete the game,they'll be force to leave Yui behind as they return to the real world.And after Kirito,Asuna,their friends & the audience (that may or may not include me) finish crying like babies because we had to say good bye to Yui;we have a timeskip & see the romance duo take their daughter (who looks like & is called Yui) to school.....or they'll "Angel Beats!" it & there was already a real world Yui.
And I don't want any of your spoiler novel readers.

Anyway,Yui FTW!

It's always good to keep your expectations low so you can be pleasantly surprised.
Sep 15, 2012 4:30 PM

Jan 2008
TensaiShonen said:
Paul said:

what ppl fail to realize is that shonen is not just about big long-ass fights or time extenuating training....it's all about demographics

i actually prefer that we don't see Kirito leveling up as being an MMORPG player, that shit is boring as all hell..even Oda doesn't show training in One Piece

Would lol hard if they had a entire 24 minute episode of Kirito grinding 1 level.
Sep 15, 2012 4:32 PM

Jul 2012
Finally the second cutest thing in SAO arrives!
Sep 15, 2012 4:33 PM

Dec 2010
Paul said:
TensaiShonen said:
Paul said:

Would lol hard if they had a entire 24 minute episode of Kirito grinding 1 level.

Lol, training in SAO in particular would be boring as hell, because its not even like other shounens where they learn new techniques, instead its fighting the same monsters over and over again and adding skills after you level up XD

Jun 2012
Paul said:
Uberchu said:

Didn't I just say that wasn't my main complaint? Also, if you're not going to show the journey to how he became strong, what was the point of setting it in an MMORPG.
UberchuSep 15, 2012 4:40 PM

May 2011
TensaiShonen said:
Paul said:

what ppl fail to realize is that shonen is not just about big long-ass fights or time extenuating training....it's all about demographics.
On MAL shonen and seinen are actually genres. Ask basically from anyone.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Sep 15, 2012 4:34 PM

Feb 2012
This was far from the worst episode, so I'm a bit surprised over the voting in the poll.
Was it 'cuz of the lack of action?
Sep 15, 2012 4:35 PM

Jul 2011
So, instead of getting pregnant after getting laid (multiple times). You get a girl about the age of eight to appear around your general vicinity which gives you the option to take her in or ignore her. SAO just skipped pregnancy (especially that part where you see your wife/gf at her ugliest), skipped the stressful baby age, and skipped the annoying toddler stage. Man, I was SAO is real. I'd be so down to jump right in and stay there until my body decomposes in real life.

In all seriousness though, I feel like a cliched girl-in-a-coma-irl kinda twist in this show. She's probably the developer's daughter, brought in, kept company, with the hopes of being woken up with interaction/love.
The chip in my mind, it summons me.
I gave my life to your machines.
Sep 15, 2012 4:35 PM

Jan 2008
Scoops said:
This was far from the worst episode, so I'm a bit surprised over the voting in the poll.

JavierR said:
Paul said:
-MgZ_ said:
Goodluck with 100 pages guys, Let's see what new topic will you create now in this episode discussion.

Can't say this episode is worth 100 pages of discussion, not really much to discuss.

Theres no sex, therefore nothing to discuss
Sep 15, 2012 4:39 PM

Dec 2010
Scoops said:

Well there were like 8 votes for hate before subs even came out, so take that as you will. Granted some people watch raws, but do you really think all 8 did?
Sep 15, 2012 4:41 PM

Feb 2008
Scoops said:

The problem with the episode is that accomplished nothing besides the introduction of a new character and the whole 'living an idyllic life with my wife' doesn't fit in the series considering all the tension and focus on clearing the game from previous episodes.

It's good for fans of Asuna but this really didn't belong.
Sep 15, 2012 4:43 PM

Feb 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
Scoops said:

Well there were like 8 votes for hate before subs even came out, so take that as you will. Granted some people watch raws, but do you really think all 8 did?

But I'm still curious about "Why this episode?". I mean, there have been a LOT of shitty episodes, so why are people suddenly hating more than ever? I mean, 50% of all votes are below 5/5.

Paul said:
Scoops said:

JavierR said:
Paul said:
-MgZ_ said:
Goodluck with 100 pages guys, Let's see what new topic will you create now in this episode discussion.

Can't say this episode is worth 100 pages of discussion, not really much to discuss.

Theres no sex, therefore nothing to discuss

So the lack of sex made the "5 out of 5: Loved it!" be around 50% compared of the other episodes that neither contains sex be around 75%. Makes total sense!

Veronin said:
Scoops said:

The problem with the episode is that accomplished nothing besides the introduction of a new character and the whole 'living an idyllic life with my wife' doesn't fit in the series considering all the tension and focus on clearing the game from previous episodes.

It's good for fans of Asuna but this really didn't belong.

Could it be that people are raging 'cuz they are so used to the wierd pacing and can't handle a normal one? :O
Sep 15, 2012 4:44 PM

Dec 2007
I personally liked the episode I'm really curious to see what happened to Yui. :P

Seriously people should just stop replying to hate comments that's their personal opinion whether we like it or not.
Sep 15, 2012 4:45 PM

Oct 2011
An enjoyable episode with the newlyweds; character interactions involving Kirito-Asuna are arguably my favorite moments in SAO. Seems like this episode has quite a lot of haters...

Sep 15, 2012 4:45 PM

Oct 2011
Since this is going down a romance route,can someone make a SAO amv with this song:
JeddyVIISep 15, 2012 5:11 PM
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Sep 15, 2012 4:46 PM

Aug 2009
InfiniteDestiny said:

some ppl just like to hate and will passionately vote so(even without having watched the episode) to make them feel like they did their part in not jumping on the bandwagon....like mr.T says "I pity the fool..."
Sep 15, 2012 4:53 PM

Feb 2008
You can't get more cliche than this. The casual clothes ruined the mood. That army thing is just ridiculous.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Sep 15, 2012 4:56 PM

Dec 2010
TensaiShonen said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

some ppl just like to hate and will passionately vote so(even without having watched the episode) to make them feel like they did their part in not jumping on the bandwagon....like mr.T says "I pity the fool..."

Sep 15, 2012 4:59 PM

Jun 2010
^Ahahahaha! Lol. Oh well fuck the haters. Not much topic to discuss. Im outta here. See you next week!
Sep 15, 2012 5:00 PM

Dec 2010
ZetaZaku said:
You can't get more cliche than this. The casual clothes ruined the mood. That army thing is just ridiculous.

So on a honeymoon you wear battle clothes, good to know.
Sep 15, 2012 5:04 PM

Dec 2011
Is it just me, or is Asuna's voice squeaky in this episode?
Sep 15, 2012 5:04 PM

Jul 2009
The reason this episode received a low rating is probably primarily because SAO attracts the wrong audiences for the wrong reasons. Shounen-bakas don't like happy-family lovey dovey stuff, in fact it makes them nauseous.
As for me, loved it for all the right reasons! Just hate cliffhangers.
Sep 15, 2012 5:05 PM

Aug 2010
Asuna was really cool when she was fighting the guys from the Army.
Sep 15, 2012 5:07 PM

Apr 2010
seriously how can you say that is a good episode!! -_-
Sep 15, 2012 5:07 PM
Oct 2011
Jeddy017 said:
Since this is going down a romance route,can someone make a SAO amv with this song:
No just no, there's no need to ruin the song.
Pages (15) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
Today, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.