Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 15, 2007 1:38 AM

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Even though it was kinda cheezy, the battle between Ayano and Kazuma was pretty cool. Whlie i still don't like this arc, this episode was good. The kiss that Kazuma gave Ayano was funny. I loved Ayano's reaction. Only 1 episode left, looking forward to it.
Sep 15, 2007 2:06 AM

Jun 2007
Haha...The kiss on the neck was funny...Fight was kind of boring but still entertaining...Final episode looks like it will have a cliff hanger or be rushed...Second season anyone? =P
Sep 15, 2007 3:33 AM

Mar 2007
I was hoping Kazuma would stay evil at least till the last episode. Those black winds and his eyes really looked better than they originally do.
Oh yeah, Nanase was looking great in those black clothes. We really need more of that before the show ends.
Sep 15, 2007 4:09 AM

Apr 2007
How...anti-climatic.
Sep 15, 2007 5:16 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Good to see the normal Kazuma back. The evil version was cool, but I prefer the personality he has when he's messing with Ayano like that. I thought Nanase could have gotten a better outfit, imho it looked a bit over-the-top just like that pervet's fetish. Looking forward to the final ep.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 15, 2007 4:13 PM
Aug 2007
kazuma is back..i love this episode..he kiss ayano neck..lol
Sep 15, 2007 11:07 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
I can't believe he said that! "Be ready. I am selfish and I have very strong desires", LMAO. I was expecting the kiss, but not the... implied comment, haha.

cyruz said:
Good to see the normal Kazuma back. The evil version was cool, but I prefer the personality he has when he's messing with Ayano like that.

I agree. I'd kind of forgotten how much I like Kazuma with all this evil him stuff.
Sep 16, 2007 3:30 AM

Jul 2007
any1 knows if there is a Second season?????
Sep 17, 2007 2:33 PM

Jun 2007
Kineta said:
I can't believe he said that! "Be ready. I am selfish and I have very strong desires", LMAO. I was expecting the kiss, but not the... implied comment, haha.

me neither, I was like what the f* did he just said xD
I also like his personality when he messes around with ayano
Sep 17, 2007 3:01 PM
Aug 2007
Kazuma is funnier but still has his coolness in his normal self which i think is da best in a character
Sep 18, 2007 2:10 PM

May 2007
Finnaly, good kazuma is back.
It was starting to get too clichê.....
Like, there is thousends of storys of main characters going berserk....

Btw, it was only me or did someone else noticed all those fanservices?

It would be funny if he deflected that attack and said something like: WTF! I'm already back!!!

(But then im not sure if would be original)

How...anti-climatic.

xD
Sep 21, 2007 10:33 AM

May 2007
yay only 1 ep left, finally, bored myself to death.
Sep 22, 2007 7:16 PM

Mar 2007
Can't wait till the last ep! Hehe...pretty smooth kiss in my honest opinion! ;D
Join the Kyonko Fanclub Today! | Join the MAL Tenjou Tenge Fanclub Today!
Sep 23, 2007 4:35 PM

Aug 2007
awesome ep luved the kiss!!!! ^-^
Jun 27, 2008 2:53 AM

Jan 2008
Kazuma's awesome but since episode 1 i have hated Ayano >< eps 23 she is rated unfixable
Hopefully Kazuma useses his contractor ability's next
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2008 8:03 AM

Dec 2007
on to the last episode ~ hahas . yay ! hms . CUI ling better ^^ hahas. lols ~ no offenc e ><

Aug 31, 2008 8:04 AM

Dec 2007
Bloodshot-Shanks said:
Kazuma's awesome but since episode 1 i have hated Ayano >< eps 23 she is rated unfixable
Hopefully Kazuma useses his contractor ability's next

hahas . same here ~ i fins that ayano is kinda irritating >< ~ lols ~

Nov 21, 2008 5:17 PM

Jun 2008
hahaha! yay! ayano beat kazuma.. hahaha. and the kiss in the neck and ayano's reaction.. hahaha
May 18, 2009 7:57 AM

Mar 2009
Ayano beat Kazuma. (^_^) That was so cool. I really liked her. And that famous kiss =P
It was sweet (:
Sep 3, 2009 6:41 AM

Jun 2009
Just out of curiousity... they are first cousins... right?

it's this a bit wrong?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2009 9:09 AM

Jul 2009
So Kazuma is back to his new old-self now, too bad I kinda liked his red glowing eyes =P

Loved how he dispatched all those Youmas, talk about a bloodbath.
Sep 22, 2010 4:50 PM

Jan 2008
AirStyles said:

it's this a bit wrong?

i think it is allowed in japan because in elfen lied two first cousins also kissed
I am the bone of my sword.Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
Jan 9, 2011 4:22 PM

Aug 2010
AirStyles said:

it's this a bit wrong?

No they are second cousins, still a little disturbing, but not as bad as first cousins.

Aug 25, 2011 8:38 PM
Aug 2011
vearg said:
hahaha! yay! ayano beat kazuma.. hahaha. and the kiss in the neck and ayano's reaction.. hahaha

-Hysteria- said:
Ayano beat Kazuma. (^_^) That was so cool. I really liked her. And that famous kiss =P
It was sweet (:

Are you people for Real, Do you really think she Beat kazuma? You're dumb if you do.

Because he wasn't himself, and such an attack would be deflected by kazuma with ease, besides, Ayano was going all out, Kazuma was just standing there looking at her, And remembering stuff, also, he didn't use the Contractor's power, and notice when he said "What a feeble wind", Because kazuma's original wind would slice ayano's ass, And on top of that, he stood up without a scratch, and he knocked her out with a single kick at the end, so if you think she beat then you're completely mentally challenged.
Sep 7, 2011 8:33 PM
Sep 2011
EXACTLY farkyougal! Man I felt so bad how she felt all powerful and might when she beat him. She was in a pretty strong state, and was really good right then but Kazuma just didnt lose. He could have at least told her how he was in a weak state, not at full power etc. Im not saying ayano (might be wrong about her name havnt watched in a few weeks) was no match just that Kazuma could have bossd her
Sep 7, 2011 8:34 PM
Sep 2011
farkyougal said:
vearg said:

-Hysteria- said:
It was sweet (:

Are you people for Real, Do you really think she Beat kazuma? You're dumb if you do.

Because he wasn't himself, and such an attack would be deflected by kazuma with ease, besides, Ayano was going all out, Kazuma was just standing there looking at her, And remembering stuff, also, he didn't use the Contractor's power, and notice when he said "What a feeble wind", Because kazuma's original wind would slice ayano's ass, And on top of that, he stood up without a scratch, and he knocked her out with a single kick at the end, so if you think she beat then you're completely mentally challenged.
Heck ya man i was waiting for some1 to say this
Nov 1, 2011 1:12 PM
Feb 2008
Why was he even mad again? Technically was he even evil considering he was going after a bad guy who was manipulating people and doing black magic? I mean is it so bad to kill a dude that EVERYONE hates? And you'd think Ayano would be more worried about her friends...still kinda like wtf about that fat guy making her his slave. It was like a hentai doujin or some shit.
May 6, 2012 6:25 AM

May 2011
Kazuma is finally back to the way he was. ^^
May 20, 2012 10:03 AM

Jun 2008
thatguy said:
Why was he even mad again? Technically was he even evil considering he was going after a bad guy who was manipulating people and doing black magic? I mean is it so bad to kill a dude that EVERYONE hates? And you'd think Ayano would be more worried about her friends...still kinda like wtf about that fat guy making her his slave. It was like a hentai doujin or some shit.
The problem isn't only that he want to kill the bad guy, but his utter disregard for anybody else. Ever since the beginning facing the Wind demon he wanted to protect everybody, how survival was more important than anything else. To forsake all that for some vengeance kill was pretty much a 180 douchebag turn around. I agree though. Kazuma spared him once, and look how this dude turned up? Better to correct your mistake and just kill him this time around. But this is a naive/noble anime so I'm not expecting anything else.

As for why he got mad, I think it was the mindscrew of seeing his lover cloned and seeing his old enemy or something. Either way, I thought this was pretty stupid as well. Well, we can all put the blame on human irrationality but it's a pretty shitty reason in terms of plot.

Anyways, I'm glad he manage to remember who he is before Ayano manage the final hit. It seems he still have that cool quality again.

But this last arc really was pretty bad. Oh well, I'll rate it after the last episode.
Jun 22, 2012 10:37 PM

Nov 2007
meh he wasn't even trying really. I liked him as a badass better. Ayano is still a clueless idiot and didn't even know how she "won".

I don't like them much as a couple.
Sep 10, 2012 5:36 PM

Nov 2011
Yay, time for the last episode! Needs more Kazuma x Ayano!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Oct 5, 2012 8:35 PM
Jul 2009
mystik said:
meh he wasn't even trying really. I liked him as a badass better. Ayano is still a clueless idiot and didn't even know how she "won".

I don't like them much as a couple.

I agree. They are a pretty crappy couple.

Jun 6, 2013 8:20 AM
Mar 2013
It's been confirmed! Kazuma's father is an arrogant asshole.
The fight was horrible and cheesy (so much frigging INTERNAL MONOLOGUES) but that's shounen for you.
addictoholicJun 6, 2013 8:46 AM
Nov 18, 2013 12:26 PM

Aug 2013
was it a kiss on the neck, it was almost vampireish... still the whole cousin thing seems to be a mute point nowadays (even her own dad wanted them to make a mistake complete with tissues and waste paper basket).

i mean even if they thought they were brother and sister, yes i'm looking at you SAO... yeah... cousins... doesn't matter if 1st or 2nd cousins.. it's still wrong and it's still family. !
Jan 6, 2014 9:53 AM

Jun 2013
The only reason Ayano "beat" Kazuma is because evil black wind Kazuma = weak Kazuma they both realized that (she was pissed off because she "could see the limit of his power" and when he snapped out he said "what's up with this feeble wind").

I'm glad that Ayano was able to convince Kazuma's dad to back off because he'd most likely kill his son that night.

Looking back at first episodes you actually see how Kazuma was still kind of like he was in the past 3 episodes. Ayano and Ren changed him into a better person, one who was able to put his past behind him (for the most part) and even hang out with his family again including his father (that particular relationship is certainly... unique, but by no means as hostile as in the episode he sent his dad to the hospital).
Dec 23, 2014 5:45 AM

Jan 2012
ok he is back. nice fight Ayano
AirStyles said:

it's this a bit wrong?

Nothing wrong in japan lol

May 31, 2015 4:52 PM

Jul 2013
Good that Kazuma is back. Nice fight between Ayano and him. The kiss and especially Ayanos reaction was cute :D

Only one episode left, this goes to fast :-/

Oct 6, 2015 6:38 AM

Apr 2015
zq said:
yay only 1 ep left, finally, bored myself to death.

agree. This show is terrible. I waited years to finally see this anime and i won't drop it now
May 26, 2016 11:02 AM
May 2016
AirStyles said:

it's this a bit wrong?
so no, Kasumas father is Ayanos cousin, which i still think is weird, but it is a thing thats done
Jun 18, 2016 3:58 PM

Jan 2014
lol dead serious does anyone take the retard who wasted his time writing a review about why he thinks this is 1/10?
May 4, 2017 11:56 AM

May 2015
Well I was expecting his defeat... Kazuma was actually weaker in this "Badass" form because he used only muscles (power) and no brain at all (strategy & techniques). Think about it, if it was like that, why didn't he use this "Grim reaper" mode in the earlier episodes to kill that giant turtle and the other youma, but he had to resort to his Contractor power? Just because his power is actually stronger when he is sane and actually using his brain than just using raw power.
Jun 23, 2017 2:36 PM
May 2011
what nonsense.

no way he should be weaker just because he is angry, he was able to casually get behind her once.. then apparently forgot he could move like that.
Feb 14, 2019 1:11 AM

Nov 2009
That so called 'battle' was so ridiculous I thought I'd die of laughter. A snotty arrogant bitch getting a drop on a wicked battle-hardened contractor who's been called a power monster repeatedly? Yeah, right. Even most cliched run-of-the-mill shounen powerups are better that this.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Feb 17, 2019 10:43 AM

Aug 2017
So, Kazuma is good again.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 15, 2019 1:15 AM

May 2018
CG said:
That so called 'battle' was so ridiculous I thought I'd die of laughter. A snotty arrogant bitch getting a drop on a wicked battle-hardened contractor who's been called a power monster repeatedly? Yeah, right. Even most cliched run-of-the-mill shounen powerups are better that this.

I'm not sure how people fail to follow this, but Kazuma effectively lost his contract and most of the power that came with it in his "dark" form. When he came to his senses, he was immediately immune to Ayano's attacks. You can see a similar parallel early on in the series when Kazuma reveals to Kureha how much weaker she is with Zenon's dark magic than her natural Earth powers.

Without contractor powers, Kazuma is actually relatively weak. His dad (who is weaker than Ayano's dad in his prime), would curb-stomp him, and the LN made it clear both his and her parents believed Ayano would eventually surpass them (Genma and Juugo), but she lacked the discipline to fully wield the Crimson Flame.

Expecting Dark Kazuma to defeat the Crimson Flame is a pretty bizarre misunderstanding of the series, TBH.
ZedClodRakerMar 15, 2019 1:20 AM
Harem is the opiate of the Anime fandom masses.
Aug 22, 2019 9:02 AM
Aug 2019
I was hoping for him to stay evil litterally when he started going back i stopped the episode
because really
i like when the main character was evil he was cool and i wanted to see more of that but when they took it away
im not even going to watch the final episode because its going to suck
Mar 23, 2020 2:28 AM

Aug 2017
Cheesy and cliched arc. Dark Kazuma was better than light Kazuma. Why are they opposing him anyway?

This last arc has brought the show down. Now I'm just looking forward to seeing Ayano's friends in sexy outfits next episode hopefully.
Apr 7, 2021 10:43 PM

Aug 2018
I wish Kazuma stayed badass, its not like he was doing anything bad anyways :(

Sep 10, 2021 12:27 AM
Dec 2016
Boy, I think the writing of this arc is pretty weak. Which is a real shame, because I really like Kazuma's backstory and think an arc where he returns to the dark place he was after his girlfriend was murdered is really compelling. He's already shown to be pretty powerful, so an arc where he abandons his morals and goes crazy with vengeance could be intense and provide interesting tension between Kazuma and the rest of the cast. However, in execution this arc just falls really flat. I think what made this arc so unsatisfying, is that it's pretty difficult to identify with anyone other than Kazuma.

The show tries to draw tension from the fact that Kazuma is now acting malevolently and the heroes of Ayano and Ren need to find a way to stop him before he gets taken out by his father for his "crimes". However, it is never clearly explained why exactly Kazuma needs to be stopped. Is it because he's fighting evil magic users in the same way he has the whole show, just a little more violently? He isn't killing anyone, and it's not like fighting has been seen as immoral or a crime before, so the sudden pivot to try and portray this as wrong is feels pretty hypocritical coming from the main cast. Even more, the actions of the rest of the characters all seem to support Kazuma's actions rather than condemn them.

An example of this is at the end of the arc where all the seeds are fighting in central park. Despite knowing hours if not days in advance the time and place where all the seeds are going to arrive and fight, and that the seeds are simply random people who got possessed by demons, the police and the heroes do nothing to help them or even stop them from fighting. The detective literally says that it's easier for them if they all fight among themselves. That you're supposed to believe the heroes claim the moral high ground over Kazuma when this is their reaction is pretty laughable, especially when it is shown that the cleansing fire can be used to remove the demons from these random teenagers.

A similar example is when the heroes keep talking about how Kazuma needs to be stopped from killing Bernhardt. Not only did Bernhardt assist in murdering Kazuma's girlfriend and then create a living doll out her corpse and memories, but he is directly responsible for getting all these teenagers possessed by demons, which they will inevitably die from if left untreated. Now if the heroes were simply against the act of killing due to a strict moral compass, I can believe that view and maybe even empathize with it, but this is clearly not the case when up until Ayano intervenes, the working plan is to KILL Kazuma. Kazuma who has yet to actually kill anyone, and isn't an obvious threat to anyone not actively trying to stop him from killing Bernhardt, is going to be killed with the approval of the police instead of the man actively terrorizing Tokyo.

There is just so much conflicting logic in this arc, that by the end I would have been totally ok with Kazuma mercilessly beating Ayano in their fight, because I was just so sick of how the heroes were stopping him seemingly just to make his life more miserable. If it had even just been made clear that what Kazuma was doing was self-destructive that would have been enough for me to believe he should be stopped, but when the internal logic of the show exists just to make him look worse and Ayano look better I can't help but want to see him wipe the floor with the heroes and then go and kill Bernhardt. Just a sloppy and poorly written arc that had a lot of potential.
Jun 3, 2022 8:58 AM

Jan 2020
Ayano successfully used talk no jutsu.

So is the kiss on the neck him acknowledging his feelings for her? Seems way more sexual than anything.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaze no Stigma Episode 16 Discussion

en_____ - Sep 5, 2009

22 by Remster20 »»
Mar 1, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Kaze no Stigma Episode 17 Discussion

Faust721 - Aug 9, 2007

22 by Angelo_Nero »»
Aug 29, 2023 9:37 PM

Poll: » Kaze no Stigma Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Sobzob - Sep 24, 2007

157 by AnonKobayashi »»
Aug 1, 2023 4:56 PM

Poll: » Kaze no Stigma Episode 11 Discussion

cyruz - Jun 26, 2007

22 by murao_junpei »»
Dec 17, 2022 11:09 AM

» Extremely hard to watch (spoilers)

xONLYINHUMANx - Oct 27, 2022

15 by SilverCrono »»
Nov 5, 2022 7:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.