Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (26) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 8, 2012 1:45 PM
May 2009
Icebreaker93 said:
Very good ep and liked it bcs they skipped that scene.Everyone talking about chapter 16.5 ppls go watch hentais if you want so much sex scenes.

No, this ep was enough. Why are you so upset
Sep 8, 2012 1:46 PM

Jun 2008
AsadaShino said:
sooo anyone happy that godfrey died?

i know he's annoying and all but at least he died for a good cause xD

They say sex is amazing after killing someone o_O
Sep 8, 2012 1:48 PM

Jul 2012
sbg711 said:
The biggest question is - did Asuna wear a bra in that last scene?

Nope, She was covering her chest with the blanket.
Sep 8, 2012 1:50 PM

Jan 2011
sbg711 said:
That's one way to insult a girl

Why?
Sep 8, 2012 1:51 PM

Nov 2009
Good episode, A-1 did a good job there portraying that laughing coffin guy, he was just ... sick.

Dat kissu scene was a memorable moment, and Asuna's happy face, smile at Kirito when agreeing his proposal was unforgettable. Damn here she comes, tsundere Asuna.

Aside from that, well it escalated quickly though, they put a bunch of things into this episode, made Kirito x Asuna relationship grew faster than natural. Overall it was a decent episode, but it would be much better if they slowed it down, only if a little bit.

And please people, stop talking about sex here ...

Jan 2011
sbg711 said:
Hostellord said:

I dont think they had sex.....kirito just wanted to be in the same room....

And Obama is ethnically American

Da fuck that's suppose to mean?
Jul 2018
I never expected that Kuradeel will be such a traitor. I like that kiss scene at the end.
Sep 8, 2012 1:53 PM

Jul 2009
Sep 8, 2012 1:53 PM

Jun 2010
Niyawa said:
sbg711 said:

Why?
Because Asuna was ready to do it.

Takana_no_Hana said:
Good episode, A-1 did a good job there portraying that laughing coffin guy, he was just ... sick.

Nope. A-1 did a horrible job this episode.

sbg711 said:

Ahahahahahaha. Nice effort bro.
Sep 8, 2012 1:54 PM

Aug 2012
Rushed to hell but still enjoyed it, god I'm jealous of Kirito q_q
Sep 8, 2012 1:55 PM

May 2008
So... during the fight with the time stop and everything turning red. Was that Heathcliff's special move or something? I'm not really sure what happened there. And Heathcliff's look afterwards, it makes me think Kirito made him reveal something he didn't want to.

carnivorousSep 8, 2012 1:59 PM
In the End, was it worth it?
Sep 8, 2012 1:55 PM
Jun 2011
sbg711 said:

Good job for pre-marital sex.
Sep 8, 2012 1:57 PM

Nov 2009
-MgZ_ said:

Nope, I would say they did a a good job, but only good at portraying that Kuradeel, and cut off his dialogue quite a bit.

Takana_no_Hana said:

Aside from that, well it escalated quickly though, they put a bunch of things into this episode, made Kirito x Asuna relationship grew faster than natural. Overall it was a decent episode, but it would be much better if they slowed it down, only if a little bit.

And please people, stop talking about sex here ...
Sep 8, 2012 1:58 PM

Jan 2011
-MgZ_ said:

So... Kirito is insulting Asuna because he didn't want to have sex with her immediately?

Dec 2011
Wow I didn't expect a marriage proposal. This is great. 9/10 overall so far.

Nov 2008
-MgZ_ said:
Niyawa said:
sbg711 said:

Why?

Takana_no_Hana said:

Nope. A-1 did a horrible job this episode.

sbg711 said:

Ahahahahahaha. Nice effort bro.

Right, because every girl enjoys sleeping with her bra on.
Moving on..
(And yes, it's obviously a transparant hint.)
Sep 8, 2012 2:00 PM

Aug 2012
Heathcliff cheated, won't say more than that (notice his dissatisfied face after the match).

And no they didnt "do it", lol, well didn't in the LN anyway and I don't see how it looks that way in the anime either.
Sep 8, 2012 2:02 PM

Jul 2011
Must be best episode so far ^^

Pervert Asuna thought about them having sex, but Kirito just wanted to be in same room <3

Damn, really what insane killer :/
And Kirito lost one of his hand... ugh no more dual blades?

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Sep 8, 2012 2:02 PM

Sep 2012
It was damn too fast. I wanted some Ethics code off. Besides that, really too rushed this time. I have high expectation for the two next episode, i hope they're not going to screw up this time.
Sep 8, 2012 2:03 PM

Nov 2009
I don't really care whether they did it or not, just by watching their relationship grows makes my heart melt :"( ...
Sep 8, 2012 2:03 PM

Jan 2011
DStev said:
Heathcliff cheated, won't say more than that (notice his dissatisfied face after the match).

And no they didnt "do it", lol, well didn't in the LN anyway and I don't see how it looks that way in the anime either.

It definitely looks like they did it, all you have to do is read Asuna's body language. She's naked, pretty giddy after being woken up by a surprisingly calm Kirito who is next to a naked Asuna, and they are ready to get married?

All signs point to them doing it.
Sep 8, 2012 2:04 PM

Sep 2012
DStev said:

Erm, they did it in the LN. Just read the 16.5 chapter.
Sep 8, 2012 2:05 PM

Jan 2011
DStev said:
-MIND BREAK-

Well, the hints are there. And spoiler tag please.

Takana_no_Hana said:

Yup.
Sep 8, 2012 2:05 PM

Jul 2012
Kyzix said:
Well, apparently in Sword Art Online you can grow back your hand if it gets cut off.

I was really expecting it to be a permanent injury, and Kirito would no longer be able to duel wield, but I guess not.

Overall, it was a good episode though.

I thought so too, would have been an interesting development.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Sep 8, 2012 2:06 PM

Sep 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
It got better later on with Asuna facials in the spoiler

That was sort of misleading. I was really looking forward to seeing Asuna facials
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Sep 8, 2012 2:06 PM

Jul 2009
desolato said:

Right, because every girl enjoys sleeping with her bra on.

I thought someone would nitpick at that little detail, but the problem with that theory is that Asuna was totally OK with Kirito waltzing into her room while she's sleeping naked, and didn't even feel all that embarrassed bra-less infront of him, yet was in shy-overload mode back in the dinning room wearing her underwear. Therefore - [no sex theory] does not compute.
Sep 8, 2012 2:07 PM

Dec 2008
Hemm..

Kirito's hand = cutted off -> She cries so much like it was permanent (and i was thinking that too)
next scene = hand back right at its place, in perfect time to drink the tea = wtf? Do i have suppose that the "heal"-thing also lets you grow-back bodyparts? o_O? (and that they used another "heal"-skill/item like when she just got there to help him?)
i mean, it's a game, i could even "believe it", but they really didn't mention it at all D: so i'm loosing the point here... @_@/

i didn't get it to be honest o_o
/confused

Feb 2012
DStev said:

"A single candle atop the table stayed burning; its thin rays of light made Asuna's skin glow faintly as she slept in my arms. I ran a finger gently down her white back; the warm and smooth feeling that traveled up from my fingertips was absolutely intoxicating. "

Felt like they did have sex, yes.

Jul 2012
carnivorous said:
So... during the fight with the time stop and everything turning red. Was that Heathcliff's special move or something? I'm not really sure what happened there. And Heathcliff's look afterwards, it makes me think Kirito made him reveal something he didn't want to.

Something definitely seemed wrong in the fight. Ima guess he cheated in some way, they'll uncover it, and he'll get out of the guild. Just a guess though

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Sep 8, 2012 2:09 PM

Jul 2009
QuiGonJon said:
carnivorous said:

Something definitely seemed wrong in the fight. Ima guess he cheated in some way, they'll uncover it, and he'll get out of the guild. Just a guess though

At a quick glimpse, he looks like Iron Man in that pic
Sep 8, 2012 2:12 PM

Jan 2011
EtnaEraclea said:
Hemm..

Kirito's hand = cutted off -> She cries so much like it was permanent (and i was thinking that too)
next scene = hand back right at its place, in perfect time to drink the tea = wtf? Do i have suppose that the "heal"-thing also lets you grow-back bodyparts? o_O? i mean, it's a game, i could even "believe it", but they really didn't mention it at all D: so i'm loosing the point here... @_@/

/confused

Well, SAO doesn't always make sense to begin with, so we have to deal with it.
sbg711 said:

At a quick glimpse, he looks like Iron Man in that pic

Damn, can't be unseen.
Sep 8, 2012 2:14 PM

Jun 2012
QuiGonJon said:
Kyzix said:
Well, apparently in Sword Art Online you can grow back your hand if it gets cut off.

I was really expecting it to be a permanent injury, and Kirito would no longer be able to duel wield, but I guess not.

Overall, it was a good episode though.

I thought so too, would have been an interesting development.

(I have not read the light novel so this is what I thought)

Yeah same here I though that he was going to lose his duel wield and have to find a way to heal himself or something. Since when did Kirito go from badass loner to submissive bitch. The duel was awesome but getting married hell no that ruined it for me. I should have read the novel because im extremely disappointed. Though props to Kirito for landing asuna.

Overall 3/5
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Sep 8, 2012 2:15 PM

Feb 2012
QuiGonJon said:
carnivorous said:

Yea that wasn't his unique skill, they mentioned before the match that his unique skill raises his attack and defense(defense to Op lv) that being said something was definatly fishy with the match. Other than that Kirito in the guild color just didn't feel right but all in all it was a solid episode with the nice bonus of seeing Kirito's and Asuna's relationship grow.
Sep 8, 2012 2:15 PM

Jul 2012
Hey, Jesus can lose fights too!

It was so obvious that Asuna would save Kirito. Also obvious that in the fight Kirito would protect Asuna. KIRITO-KUN, YOUR HAND. ;__;

Nice buildup to showing that that guild leader guy would be insane. By nice I mean none at all.

I still love Asuna though, she's fucking awesome. Especially when she's raging and kicking ass. And that kiss, oh god that was great. I just hope theres more buildup on their relationship. They've known each other for what, four episodes? The implied sex makes it worse.

Other then these things, it was an alright episode I guess. I just don't get why the score keeps on rising, nothing that amazing has been happening other then the side stories. inb4numberoneanimeattheendoffall
Sep 8, 2012 2:16 PM

Nov 2010
didn't like this episode that much.. it was okay-ish, but I seriously hoped for a lot more, especially after the last episode, which was awesome in my opinion.

light novel spoiler

and all in all the episode feeled a little bit to "rushed".. but I think that's a necessity with only 25 episodes.. sadly
Sep 8, 2012 2:17 PM

Feb 2012
EtnaEraclea said:
Hemm..

next scene = hand back right at its place, in perfect time to drink the tea = wtf? Do i have suppose that the "heal"-thing also lets you grow-back bodyparts? o_O? i mean, it's a game, i could even "believe it", but they really didn't mention it at all D: so i'm loosing the point here... @_@/

/confused

I don't think she cried 'cuz of the hand/arm. She forced him to push himself really hard and kill of a human being. And if I remember correctly, it's mentioned later sometime(might have been in another volume) that it's something similar to that.

Nov 2009
EtnaEraclea said:
Hemm..

next scene = hand back right at its place, in perfect time to drink the tea = wtf? Do i have suppose that the "heal"-thing also lets you grow-back bodyparts? o_O? (and that they used another "heal"-skill/item like when she just got there to help him?)
i mean, it's a game, i could even "believe it", but they really didn't mention it at all D: so i'm loosing the point here... @_@/

/confused

Yeap it was too rushed so their development seemed a bit unnatural.

It's not about Kirito's hand cut off that Asuna cried ( and even I don't remember his hand was being cut in the novel so you can say that scene was an extra), she was about to kill Kuradeel, but she stopped and he took advantage of her softness. At that time, Kirito came in and made a finish move, he killed Kuradeel in place of Asuna to relieve her from sense of guilt, remember, it's a murder, a heavy crime. It's gonna leave a scar in mind for rest of a person's life.

So basically was, Kirito sacrificed himself to protect Asuna.
Oct 2011
NNick said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
^ lol you're pathetic.

Dessiato said:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Spoiler tags plz

Not that it matters to me...

On another note, where are you getting the episode all earlylike.

streaming ... just use google, but I'm better wait for subs cause I don't want to watch things I don't understand.

Why so mean? What did tsubasalover do to you.

Great episode , i loved it so much, can't wait for the next one, i wonder what will happen, i want to see more kiss scenes. I have this weird feeling that that Heatcliff will actually be the evil guy behind it all.
I like trains.
You just read my mind. Kiss scenes were awesome in this episode, they were totally natural. I actually have the same feeling, he is the evil guy, isn't he? He looks like a grown-up after-all.

Takana_no_Hana said:
I don't really care whether they did it or not, just by watching their relationship grows makes my heart melt :"( ...
Just watching this episode made my face melt from how many times I face-palmed.
Apr 2009
about losing hand thing. It's kinda obvious that in games losing bodypart is debuff at worse and not something permanent. Players don't die from blows in fatal points, why won't they recover lost parts then?
Sep 8, 2012 2:18 PM

Jul 2012
I don't remember Kirito's hand got cut off in the Light Novel, What i remember is he blocked Kuradeel's sword with his left hand. If that's what Happened it was A-1 Pictures who changed this. If someone remembers what happened please quote this and make correction.
Sep 8, 2012 2:19 PM

Jul 2009
Little pixel asks a big pixel: where do little pixels come from?
The big pixel answers: when a geek and another geek love eachother very very very much.
Sep 8, 2012 2:19 PM

Jul 2012
That was great episode :) And it went quickly from dinner to saying yes :)
Sep 8, 2012 2:20 PM

Mar 2012
I haven't even read the LN and I still thought this episode felt rushed.

Niyawa said:
-MgZ_ said:

So... Kirito is insulting Asuna because he didn't want to have sex with her immediately?

/Logic.
Apr 2009
DivisionG said:
I don't remember Kirito's hand got cut off in the Light Novel, What i remember is he blocked Kuradeel's sword with his left hand. If that's what Happened it was A-1 Pictures who changed this. If someone remembers what happened please quote this and make correction.

It happened in novel though.

Feb 2012
DivisionG said:
"With this unpleasant sound, my left arm was severed from the elbow down. The body part loss icon flashed below the HP bar. While bloody red lines of light flowed from the cut on my left arm, my right hand straightened its fingers and— "
Sep 8, 2012 2:21 PM

Nov 2010
DivisionG said:

Jan 2011
DivisionG said:

Edit: It actually happened, Lord I need to re-read that.

Jan 2011
ihateeveryone said:

I still love Asuna though, she's fucking awesome. Especially when she's raging and kicking ass. And that kiss, oh god that was great. I just hope theres more buildup on their relationship. They've known each other for what, four episodes? The implied sex makes it worse.

Its had to be a few months they've known each other now.
Sep 8, 2012 2:22 PM

Feb 2012
Brakebeyn said:
DivisionG said:

Stealing my quotes n shit. And you don't really have to put it in a spoiler tag anymore.
Sep 8, 2012 2:22 PM

Nov 2009
Candor said:

Then stop watching the show then ... cause there's gonna be nothing left on your face to melt it you keep watching this one :(
Pages (26) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
May 16, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.