Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2008 9:44 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was a very disappointing ending. They didn't explain why Rinna was in her underwear in the beginning of the anime and its like a harem without an ending. So many things were left unexplained.
Oct 19, 2008 10:52 PM

Oct 2007
patient_senses said:
This was a very disappointing ending. They didn't explain why Rinna was in her underwear in the beginning of the anime and its like a harem without an ending. So many things were left unexplained.

They actually did explain why Rinna was in her underwear in the beginning of the anime. Something to do with getting drunk at that inn/restaurant/coffee shop. I will say the ending totally sucked ass and it was worse than having no resolution. It was odd how they said they would never see each other again but they have airplanes and boats in their reality.
Oct 20, 2008 11:21 AM

Jan 2008
True, they left a lot of things unexplained, but I'm assuming the overall point is to show the importance of a family of friends eventually parting from the home. Even though transportation is available, its like in America when students go from high school to all over the country to different colleges. You will rarely see old friends unless you put the effort in and even then it won't be like it was in "older" times. And I think that's what the underlining point is.

The guy that gave Rinna the stone fragment was Takashi, right? And the girl that had Hoshino's other half was Takashi's sister? Interesting...
Overall, it was a interesting story. I liked the 2 episode segments they had til the last "summarizing" episode. Could have explained a lot of things better if they had wanted to extend the series or cut out a bunch of repetitive talking.

Oct 20, 2008 3:32 PM

Oct 2007
Well this isn't real life but an anime and I'm just sure it was bad decision making when they were making this anime and deciding how it would play out. At the very least, Umi, would have done anything to see Hoshino again.

I wish we had someone that actually knew what happened in the adult game because I get the feeling that actually made some sense.
Oct 20, 2008 4:16 PM

Aug 2007
I agree with everyone, this ending sucked. It ended with Umi crying on Hoshino's lap. What the heck is that? There's no hope at the end, no conclusion, it just drifts off with them crying and that's not an image you want to remember ANY anime by.

Hoshino should have gone for one of them... They kept teasing us this whole series but in the end no one confessed their feelings this entire series even though it was obvious they all liked Hoshino. They didn't even give him any props at the end; they just said he would still be there so they don't need to talk about him.

This is like the worst ending ever. Even worse than Gurren Laggon.

I mean seriously, what were they build up the whole story for? It was all leading to this point but they failed to deliver. You'd expect something to happen... At least show how their plan to save the dormitory in the last episode would come through. Or even end it with a parallel to the beginning when Hoshino is moving out and recalling the past year. I actually, thought they would end it after Hoshino moves out since he was the one telling the whole story in retrospect anyways. The beginning makes no sense at all now.
tigerzOct 20, 2008 4:19 PM
Oct 21, 2008 6:14 PM

Jul 2007
I wanted to see Umi end up together with hoshino
Oct 25, 2008 9:08 AM

Jan 2008
I (Sort of) enjoyed this series (maybe a little). The Graduation shiki was nice, and I got watery eyed.

I just feel that they tried to make a "Kanon" or a "Clannad" and failed. Or perhaps, this was just because of the fact that it's the same genre, Love, Romance, h-game to anime.

It was downright bad at times (alot) and sparkled of goodness in (rare) others. It doesn't rank a 5 and doesnt deserve a 7.
6/10
Feb 17, 2009 11:05 AM

Jun 2008
Well yes.. The end. Actually I got the feeling that it would be like this at about episode 3 when I realized the will just tell the story of every inhabitant of the dormitory in 2 episode slices and then it ends as the beginning said. And it did. That's why I did not have any expectations from that point on and I didn't give any reason to do so anyway. Well, this won't be in my favorites list for sure, although it had it's cute moments. It's like the beginning of a story which then suddenly is cut in half. I hate that!
Apr 23, 2009 7:10 PM
May 2008
T tell the truth this anime is boring i loved the ecchi part but there was a very boring moment and the last episode was stupid
this anime should be 12 episode
Jun 5, 2009 10:32 AM
Sep 2007
The problem I had more than anything, was that some of the characters really, really annoyed me, and thus, I didn't care to watch their stories...the ending was ok, could have been much better...a forgetful anime that I rated Average, at best..
Jul 6, 2009 2:36 AM

May 2008
It was Regular series but it really did have it's moments.
i say found it Interesting.
Sep 4, 2009 12:36 AM

Apr 2008
so much emotions in this episode

finally over xD

Sep 4, 2009 7:27 AM

May 2007
I gave it a 7 out of 10, very average anime without a real ending, is it the worst ending ever, no *cough*Trinity Blood*cough*

Spent too much time on Rinna at the beginning of the episode.

A little too realistic of an end maybe?
My anime list
Apr 23, 2010 7:00 PM

Nov 2007
I was expecting a harem ending. Instead, I got nothing ending. :|

I found the latter half a bit more absorbing actually. Saeri and Naoko's episodes were nicely done, and the twist with Rinna's earring was also unexpected for me. Yet the ending, if there is one, ruined it all along. Even without Wataru choosing a girl, it could have been better.

I also lost my "Chihiro virginity" with this series and I am not happy.
Jan 31, 2011 9:46 PM

Mar 2010
This was an OK series, something easy for me to watch at work. It was weird that the 1st half of this episode was focused on Rinna though.

Since there isn't a sequel to this I think the end of this series should have been them meeting up again on the island some timei the future.....
Mar 24, 2011 5:47 PM
Dec 2010
i expected much less from this but it was good, i think its score is bit underrated :)

( 7.5 / 10 )

It would be nice to have some sequel either after story about how everyone "ended" (lives after) or another year at dormitory which happened to be inn now or what ever which will attract some of old party + some new ppl. To bad nothing like that is there... (yet)
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Aug 31, 2011 10:35 PM
Feb 2011
I must say the ending wasn't great, but it was also not horrible. I would have liked to see Hoshino end up with Saeri or Naoko. He wouldn't end up with anyone else because he clearly had feelings of being in love with only Naoko. But the show wasn't suppose to be about the one guy falling in love rather the relationship of the group of people. In that aspect the show was quite good.

8/10
Mar 18, 2012 6:25 AM
Nov 2011
I really wanted to care about these characters, but I couldn't help feel like Rinna at the beginning, they were going to part, you knew it, we all knew it, and that kiss from the Pres in the previous episode gah! Hoshino, you pour guy you. we have no idea what happens to you when this is over :/

the writing was intersting to boring at times, and really up until episode 10 and 11 I was wondering why I continued to watch it. It was really boring at one point. But honestly. It was an average anime, and even that may be grading it too highly IMO. It's average because each slice could have been self existing as a series all unto itself. There was little tying them all together that I felt anyways.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Sep 21, 2014 11:28 AM

Apr 2009
"This is one of the worst harems ever made" They said.
"It can't be THAT bad!" I replied.
"You have no idea!" They said.
"I will see for myself!" I replied.

I hate myself.
1/10
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Sep 21, 2014 11:30 AM

Sep 2012
This show was too horribly produced and awkwardly executed for me to care what it was about. It was also 18 million hours long.
Sep 21, 2014 11:32 AM

Aug 2009
Nidhoeggr said:
"This is one of the worst harems ever made" They said.
"It can't be THAT bad!" I replied.
"You have no idea!" They said.
"I will see for myself!" I replied.

I hate myself.
1/10

You know, I like me some harem anime now and again. It's my guilty pleasure. But this is just garbage. The writing is horrible, the characters are either too bland or too irritating to the point I wish they died, and the backstories are, to be honest, lame and uninspiring. Characters crying for the dumbest reasons, they pretty much forced the melodrama because the writers had nothing else to offer but how fucking generic this is, from the setting to the character designs. It's a real shitty way to start the morning. Then again, I agreed to watch the entire thing. 1/10.

And for those who wanted Umi to end up with MC, yeah I agree. They need to be together.
In a ditch somewhere.
Bury them alive.

*sigh* I need a drink.

And a nap.

And I need to slit some throats. Umi in particular.

/end rant
dietmangoSep 21, 2014 11:36 AM
Sep 21, 2014 11:34 AM

May 2013
Without a shred of doubt the worst garbage I have seen in years. 1/10 is almost too generous.

Sep 21, 2014 11:38 AM

Jun 2011
Why?
Sep 21, 2014 11:44 AM

Apr 2012
Ventris said:
Without a shred of doubt the worst garbage I have seen in years. 1/10 is almost too generous.

Seriously. When will 0/10 be added, MAL :'(?
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Mar 7, 2016 5:05 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty mediocre show, pretty terrible ending. Only two of the arcs were at all interesting for me, the first one (Rinna) and the last one (Naoko). Umi was annoying as all hell. I swear, that girl cries way to f@#*ng much. I don't know how Wataru can stand her. The big teary eyed ending fell flat, i'm a pretty sensitive person and can cry at the slightest hint of real emotion seen in others, but that whole scene did nothing for me. Blah. I'm pretty sure Naoko said in the previous episode that she wanted to find her future on the island, so if she remains, then at least there's a better than average chance she and Wataru hooked up in the future. That's how i choose to see it anyway.
May 12, 2016 1:07 PM

Aug 2013
It's hard to rate this show.
1. Wonderful art
2. Great soundtrack
3. 2 interesting arcs (Rina and Naoko, even if I don't like characters like those two).

But in other hand, rest of story was bad, just bad. Ending was even more bad :/ seriously they build up everything for ending with Asakura, but what we got? Nothing. Ok it was story about friendship, but ehhhhh...
I watched till the end, and I'm not scared to hit the drop button, in this case I was curious how it will end. To be honest I don't regret thethe the time which I spent on watching this series. As I said above, beautiful art, really nice ost and few episodes was nice.
5/10
rsc-plMay 12, 2016 1:10 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 22, 2018 4:35 AM
Oct 2018
Is this like amagami SS?
Jul 14, 2020 4:56 AM
Oct 2018
What the hell was the ending about
A total shit and what about the love story between naoko and MC, I wanted to see that
Screw this anime, simply waste of time
Oct 29, 2021 10:07 PM

Dec 2015
welp well that was a let down of an ending takahashi's sister wasn't highlighted at all yet she appears to have wataru's other half. would've been better if it had an after credits scene, with the words "all that happened in the last year and now i'm going back to living with me grandpa" lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo Episode 1 Discussion

cyruz - May 15, 2007

18 by removed-user »»
Oct 29, 2021 5:04 AM

Poll: » Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo Episode 12 Discussion

patient_senses - Oct 19, 2008

3 by FLokster »»
Mar 2, 2021 3:05 PM

Poll: » Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo Episode 11 Discussion

patient_senses - Oct 19, 2008

5 by rsc-pl »»
May 12, 2016 11:47 AM

Poll: » Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo Episode 8 Discussion

patient_senses - Oct 18, 2008

2 by rsc-pl »»
May 11, 2016 1:52 PM

Poll: » Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo Episode 6 Discussion

patient_senses - Oct 18, 2008

2 by rsc-pl »»
May 9, 2016 3:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.