Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 5, 2012 3:48 PM

Sep 2012
:) i am looking forward to 2013 thanks to this.

i have a feeling it might be about the Yoshiawara arc , or finally the past arc yet i find it strange they would reveal the past in a movie before the manga/anime . whatever its about even if its a troll the fact that its written by Sorachi Hideaki leads me to believe its going to be enjoyable no matter the outcome

thoughts on this?
Sep 5, 2012 3:52 PM

Jan 2008
They're just calling it... 2013? o_____o
Sep 5, 2012 3:58 PM

Sep 2012
Paul said:
They're just calling it... 2013? o_____o

Mind = blown
Sep 5, 2012 3:59 PM

Aug 2012
its not an adaptation of any arc, they are making a brand new film written by hideaki sorachi himself :)
Sep 5, 2012 4:07 PM

Sep 2012
SavageSmickey said:
its not an adaptation of any arc, they are making a brand new film written by hideaki sorachi himself :)

that would make alot more sense xD
Sep 8, 2012 1:39 AM

May 2011
I'm hoping that it'll be about Shiroyasha or the past :<

Badges :
CCO || RP || ACP || TCO

Sep 8, 2012 2:31 AM

Sep 2012
I hope it will be Shiroyasha's past. Like in the fake trailer about a second film they made before.
Sep 15, 2012 10:59 AM
Jul 2012
The first movie ended with Kamui and Abuto travelling in a space ship, so maybe the movie will be a pickup from there. My second educated guess is that its a totally new story.

I'll wait... that would be a part of the fun too :)
Sep 15, 2012 8:47 PM

Feb 2008
I really hope its a backstory about Shiroyasha.
Sep 15, 2012 8:48 PM

Mar 2009
No idea but I'm looking forward to it.
Sep 20, 2012 5:58 PM

Aug 2011
Joui war please.
Sep 21, 2012 11:39 PM

Sep 2012
I hope the movie will be about Gin-chan's past and the Joui war. >_<
Sep 24, 2012 3:51 AM
Mar 2012
i'm waiting for this !!
Sep 25, 2012 11:29 AM

Jul 2011
Old Joui and war would be awesome. (Maybe Shiroyasha Koutan trailer is not fake, like with Benizakura?

But I will watch it even if it will be about Baka... Hata Ouji and his adventures.
Sep 25, 2012 1:51 PM

Jan 2010
Guys, did any of you ever stop and wonder
What will happen if they do animate the Joui war?"

As cool as it sounds, it seems as if they will animate that when Gintama ends, or comes close to ending. personally, I hope it doesn't have to do with the war and/or Shiroyasha, because if it did it might be a sign that the Anime, and possibly, the Manga are coming to an end.

A note to those who were not aware: Sorachi originally planned to end Gintama on Volume 20, but then it became a success so he continued it. Today, it's double that amount of volumes. In addition, the mangaka already stated that he knows how Gintama will end- meaning that he already has an ending in mind, and having reached this amount of volumes, could sadly (and hopefully not) be considering to end Gintama soon. It has been around for a very long time!

Thoughts?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2012 2:07 PM

Nov 2010
Kurimu-chan said:

As cool as it sounds, it seems as if they will animate that when Gintama ends, or comes close to ending. personally, I hope it doesn't have to do with the war and/or Shiroyasha, because if it did it might be a sign that the Anime, and possibly, the Manga are coming to an end.

A note to those who were not aware: Sorachi originally planned to end Gintama on Volume 20, but then it became a success so he continued it. Today, it's double that amount of volumes. In addition, the mangaka already stated that he knows how Gintama will end- meaning that he already has an ending in mind, and having reached this amount of volumes, could sadly (and hopefully not) be considering to end Gintama soon. It has been around for a very long time!

Thoughts?
Well every mangaka knows how they want their manga to end, Oda who made One Piece thought that his wasn't going to last long either so he has had the ending planned since the beginning. And look at One Piece, it's only like halfway. So the fact that he knows the ending isn't a clear sign, if he said something like Naruto's mangaka about how he's now heading towards the ending that he wanted and would be there in a year or two then you might want to panic.

They have also already showed clips of his past, not the whole story but enough to speculate about things. While I think there might be a big secret hiding, if they make a movie they can hide anything they want and only reveal it during the manga if they so want to. I think animating it would definitely move Gintama to another level though, maybe they will have to have more story and less comedy episodes. And they did make a fake trailer about the Joui war though, that's what they did with the first movie, and it ended up coming true.
Sep 26, 2012 5:49 AM

Jul 2011
Well... When I started to think about it, if we would know everything what happened in the past, that would be... weird. Because it's seems so mysterious and all. It wouldn't be a secret anymore. (Even when I'm so curious about it...) So maybe it will be better if we wait for 3rd movie? (I'm not sure it will be one, but it's possible, right?)
Still, movie means more budget and better animation, I hope there will be some really cool fights.

And hey... Didn't they tell that Gintama "It hasn't even begun yet!". I know it's from, like, 2010, before Gintama', but that would mean it isn't gonna end anytime soon. I can be wrong... But I hope that I'm not.
Sep 26, 2012 6:04 AM
Mar 2012
It's clearly about the past, you can see that from his uniform. And it doesn't necessarily have to show us the whole war, just a part of it, like maybe whatever happened between him and his teacher, it won't ruin the mysterious aspect since we'll be still lacking a lot and it'll make us be more interested in gintoki's past
Sep 26, 2012 9:36 AM

Jul 2011
Shaduge said:
It's clearly about the past, you can see that from his uniform. And it doesn't necessarily have to show us the whole war, just a part of it, like maybe whatever happened between him and his teacher, it won't ruin the mysterious aspect since we'll be still lacking a lot and it'll make us be more interested in gintoki's past

yeah... many arcs had some flashbacks. It's possible that the movie would not be necessary about past, but we will probably see some old Joui stuff.
I guess I'm just worrying about it too much.

Anyway, I'm sure it will be epic.
Sep 26, 2012 7:10 PM

Aug 2012
Kurimu-chan said:

Thoughts?

Mmm... No, the Gintama anime continues in 2013 as well. With Yorinuki and new episodes. But as for the manga... we can only hope it will run for a long time.
Oct 31, 2012 6:03 PM
Jul 2012
An antoganist that has something to do with Shiroyasha, or maybe a terrorist action lead by Takasugi, etc...
Nov 6, 2012 7:32 AM
Jul 2018
Gintama will become a legend when it ends.
Nov 19, 2012 9:21 PM
Mar 2008
Honestly? I'm just waiting to see how I'm going to get trolled.
Nov 22, 2012 10:01 PM

Sep 2011
RyderJones said:
or maybe a terrorist action lead by Takasugi, etc...
Something that major would need to happen in the show.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 22, 2012 10:49 PM

Oct 2012
Kurimu-chan said:

Thoughts?
nonsense!! gintama will never end.
Dec 21, 2012 2:25 AM

Nov 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
RyderJones said:

Well I'm betting that it'll be from that troll episode 150...

They did mention about the 2nd movie being possibly about Takasugi.
http://www.youtube.com/users/ssdrwh0

Yes... I am currently making "Not Another Abridged Series"
Jan 21, 2013 8:54 AM

Sep 2011
SSDrWh0 said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
RyderJones said:

yah, that would fit perfectly into a movie about gintoki's past, hence the fake trailer for it int he past and the announcement picture of the movie being gintoki in the war. That would mean katsura gintoki and takasugi would be the main characters

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 21, 2013 10:25 AM

Sep 2009
it's GINTAMA <3 whatever will be it'll be EPIC ! XD can't wait new episodes ^^ and MOVIEEE >_<
*ANIME I.NTERE.ST*----> +IN anime pictures and get FREE anime & manga merchandize from JAPAN!
Jan 31, 2013 3:17 AM

Aug 2010
From the scan of the announcement, looks like it'll be something from the past?? That'd be awesome!
Feb 2, 2013 5:45 PM

Sep 2011
blue-y said:
From the scan of the announcement, looks like it'll be something from the past?? That'd be awesome!

http://myanimelist.net/anime/6945/Gintama:_Jump_Anime_Tour_2008_Special

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 3, 2013 5:59 AM

May 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
SSDrWh0 said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
RyderJones said:

yah, that would fit perfectly into a movie about gintoki's past, hence the fake trailer for it int he past and the announcement picture of the movie being gintoki in the war. That would mean katsura gintoki and takasugi would be the main characters
I would love this so much, but we all know how Hirachi loves to troll the fans about Gintoki's past xD
Mar 13, 2013 9:15 PM

Feb 2011
well judging from the cover photo, i'm guessing it might be about the joui war or gintoki himself. That alone will make me want to watch the movie. But who knows?
CheyenneMarieMar 13, 2013 9:18 PM
Mar 18, 2013 9:33 AM
Apr 2009
Anyone willing to translate the trailer?
Apr 11, 2013 3:09 PM

Jun 2009
LOL all this trolling for the movie, Gintama you have out done yourself this time

Are you the bloody applause monkey? Keep your sh*t comments to yourself or go troll on 4chan.
Apr 12, 2013 6:28 AM

May 2012
The day Gintama ends will be the darkest day in anime for me. I fear i'll probably stop looking for new shows to watch altogether since nothing could possibly top Gintama in sheer hilarity, action and heart :3
Apr 17, 2013 7:04 AM

Mar 2012
Im Really Looking Forward To This But I Hope That It's Not The End -____-
Apr 17, 2013 7:10 AM

Oct 2011
Ofc it's not the end, the manga is way ahead.
Apr 25, 2013 11:24 PM
Apr 2009
I hope it's about Gintoki's past that chronicles some things like how he learned from his master, his first encounters with Katsura, Takasugi, and that glasses guy we don't see often, the Amanto War (or was it the Joui War?), how he got his sweet tooth, his love for strawberry milk, how he became my favorite bullshitter, how he became bad ass, how he became a Jump fan, the list goes on...XD
Apr 28, 2013 5:16 PM

Aug 2012

More topics from this board

» THE BEST Movie of Anime of ALL TIME?!?!?!

Usopp8000 - Mar 11, 2016

31 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:48 PM

Poll: » Gintama: Kanketsu-hen - Yorozuya yo Eien Nare Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

myth720 - Jul 6, 2013

418 by tinker3bellz1 »»
Jan 15, 4:05 AM

» When should I watch this ?

Praveen1114 - Sep 2, 2021

10 by Ronin74 »»
Oct 2, 2021 11:57 PM

» why hasn't this been licensed by anyone

NG_Chloe - May 3, 2020

2 by Zura97 »»
Apr 8, 2021 2:18 PM

» Question about ending*spoilers*

Josh15 - Jul 3, 2014

12 by Ronin74 »»
Mar 3, 2021 9:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.