Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 18, 2008 9:47 PM
Cool Story Bro

Dec 2007
<3 Mei ;3
Onii-chan~
Oct 18, 2008 9:57 PM

Jan 2008
Yay!~ I loved every second of this episode :)

Mei is just too cute!~ It was nice how Tomoya took her out for a day instead of having her worry over Sunohara. "Onii-chan" - darn, that word just made the entire episode better! Lol, Tomoya's reaction was awesome, and it was funny how Ryou, Kyou and Kotomi took it out of context and thought Tomoya was a creeper xD

Sunohara's a favorite of mine :)
Kineta said:
But I don't know that Sunohara actually likes her, or rather, just the idea of being with her. He doesn't pay attention to her needs, he just depends on her and is flattered at being with her because of who she is.
However, I agree with Kineta~ I feel that Sunohara's mainly hanging onto Sanae-san because she makes him feel good and more important. Woh, all of them have spun a large web of lies - and as much as I hate Nagisa, I agree on the fact that they shouldn't lie anymore. In my opinion, the Youhei siblings will be the ones most affected...

This was a great episode~
Can't wait for the next one :)

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Oct 18, 2008 11:29 PM

Oct 2007
There is alot of blame to go around. Sunohara is just an ass for ignoring his sister, I mean it seems at one point he was a decent human being. Tomoya is also at fault for not stopping this and just clearing everything up before it gets really bad.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Oct 19, 2008 12:12 AM

Nov 2007
This is going to turn VERY dramatic,trust me [you'd know if you have played the visual novel :P ]
Oct 19, 2008 12:37 AM

Jul 2008
I'm so sick of seeing Mei. I just don't like her for some reason. And I can't believe Sanae is still going along with all of this. They should know better. Sunohara has obviously wanted a girlfriend for a long time and this as clearly gone beyond pretend before it ever really started.

And to everyone that's saying that Mei has feelings for Tomoya or Tomoya has feelings for Mei obviously didn't watch the episode every closely. They went out to have fun and PRETEND they're siblings because Mei's brother is being a douche. Tomoya only said that they were going out because he thought that of all things that should get a reaction from Sunohara since any NORMAL brother would have a problem with that.

I can't wait for the next episode. I want to see how this arc ends and who's up next.
Oct 19, 2008 1:16 AM

Feb 2008
dude said:
This is going to turn VERY dramatic,trust me [you'd know if you have played the visual novel :P ]

And that's what I love about Clannad. It switches from hilarious humor to drama really well, and vice versa.
Oct 19, 2008 3:13 AM

Jul 2008
ragnorocker7 said:
<3 Mei ;3
Onii-chan~

Yaaaaahhhh, Mei's intervention for the win! I liked how Mei was able to make Nagisa do the funny aggressive date-thing in the last season, and this season her pretending to be Okazaki's little sister and getting caught was just as hilarious!
Oct 19, 2008 3:17 AM

Apr 2008
Mei is <3 I laughed so much
Sunohana is an idiot, he's totaly helpless. And he is really falling in love with Sanae-san (I saw that one coming).
Oh the toilet cover thing cracked me up xD I so love clannad
Oct 19, 2008 8:34 AM
Apr 2008
i guess sunohara doesn't have a siscon
Oct 19, 2008 8:43 AM

Jul 2007
i LOL'd at the twins and kotomi's misunderstanding that tomoya was a lolicon. LMAO
Oct 19, 2008 8:55 AM

Jul 2008
patient_senses said:
I'm so sick of seeing Mei. I just don't like her for some reason. And I can't believe Sanae is still going along with all of this. They should know better. Sunohara has obviously wanted a girlfriend for a long time and this as clearly gone beyond pretend before it ever really started.

And to everyone that's saying that Mei has feelings for Tomoya or Tomoya has feelings for Mei obviously didn't watch the episode every closely. They went out to have fun and PRETEND they're siblings because Mei's brother is being a douche. Tomoya only said that they were going out because he thought that of all things that should get a reaction from Sunohara since any NORMAL brother would have a problem with that.

I can't wait for the next episode. I want to see how this arc ends and who's up next.

Yeah but pretend can turn into a REAL SITUATION! That can happen even as fast a slap in the face. However in this case it might get out of proportion.

That's why like I said before.....GAME MUST BE OVER NOW!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 19, 2008 10:21 AM

Sep 2008
When did Sunohara become such a big wuss? They really have to give us a good reason for this or it could be a very bad sign. :(
Oct 19, 2008 10:40 AM

Sep 2007
Flibbertigibbet said:
angel999 said:
LET'S DO! IMPRESS ME. SO FAR I AM NOT NOR IS MY MASTER! Huh!

It's really difficult to prove something to someone who has as little understanding as you. What Wasabi said is what happened, and you just don't understand it. Because of your lack of understanding, you take everything literally, even the jokes, so you have a skewed perception of what happened.

angel999 said:
How do you know that. You think it seems so but who knows. Perhaps it might look serious to me but the reaction and behavior was most definite wrong!

He knows that Mei just needed someone to be a brother to him, because THE ANIME SAID SO, and his behaviour and reaction is just for comedy.

angel999 said:
Akie is not stupid! You think he fell for it and yet later on you will be surprised when find even more that he got tricked and gets pissed.

The joke is that Akie IS stupid.

angel999 said:
PERHAPS NOT. We all do not want that but reality is IT MAY HAPPEN although I don't think he is that STUPID. Misunderstanding might happen still.

The misunderstanding won't happen with Nagisa because she's in on it as well. The anime is setting up for a misunderstanding with Sunohara, not Nagisa. It says it clearly.

angel999 said:
Not to Sunohara! THE GAME IS STILL ON FOR HIM AND LOOKS LIKE HE WILL TAKE MORE STEPS IN THE NEXT EPISODE!

Another example of your lack of understanding. Wasabi said the game has already ended, because the misunderstandings have already piled on.

I doubt you'll understand anything I say, because either you have dyslexia or you're just dense. Anyway, I tried to make it as simple as possible.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Oct 19, 2008 10:43 AM
Dec 2007
Turbe said:
When did Sunohara become such a big wuss? They really have to give us a good reason for this or it could be a very bad sign. :(
You mean he wasn't before? People are forgetting that when he helped Fuko, he was mainly doing it for the purpose of scoring points with Nagisa (totally oblivious to the Tomoya/Nagisa waves). So Sunohara always had a one-track mind. He didn't help the kids because that would have meant stopping the date, and he quite likely didn't dare to put up a resistance to the Tomoya/Mei farce because Tomoya is his friend, and it probably hurt him quite a lot to learn Tomoya was putting his moves on Mei. As a matter of fact, he did object, even if it was a barely audible objection. Going from comedy hijinks to drama-esque misunderstandings now.

Oct 19, 2008 10:47 AM

Jul 2007
The onii-chan bit was great. Mei was so cute this episode, it was off the charts. Like, astronomical. If only this episode had aired earlier, maybe she wouldn't have lost her match in MAL Loli :(

angel999 said:
DERP

Congratulations on being an epic troll.
Oct 19, 2008 11:30 AM

May 2008
This episode has funny moments when Sunohara isn't around, when Sunohara is around, the situation becomes more and more serious.

I lol'ed when Tomoya noticed the 3 girls staring at him; Ryou was so shocked that she dropped her ice-cream, whereas Kyou had a "WTF" expression on her face.
Oct 19, 2008 12:01 PM

Oct 2007
Nice episode, Clannad is back on track, with a nice mix off comedy and drama.

Mei was really awesome in this episode, so freaking cute with the 'Onii~-san'. I could just hear Rena in the background yelling: 'I want to take her home~' ^_^

Sunohara is acting weird, just makes me wonder what is wrong with him... There must be a reason for him acting like that.

Anyway, Clannad managed to creep his way back into my life and now I'm anxiously anticipating each episode more and more.

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Oct 19, 2008 2:33 PM

Jun 2008
Great episode. They seem to be following the Mei route from the visual novel in these episodes.
OrkleOct 19, 2008 2:36 PM
Oct 19, 2008 2:52 PM

Mar 2008
patient_senses said:
... to everyone that's saying that Mei has feelings for Tomoya or Tomoya has feelings for Mei obviously didn't watch the episode every closely. They went out to have fun and PRETEND they're siblings because Mei's brother is being a douche. Tomoya only said that they were going out because he thought that of all things that should get a reaction from Sunohara since any NORMAL brother would have a problem with that.

Yeah Mei really just wants Sunohara back to being her brother rather than him being like some stranger to her and is missing it and transferring those lost feelings onto Tomoya pretending hes her brother and hes filling in to be nice to her. Yeah Tomoya did try and get a reaction out of Sunohara by saying he and Mei were going out, by either getting him protective of Mei, or to get him to see that his relation with Sanae is fake and he should see that its not right. Another reason could be so he wouldn't hurt Sunohara's feelings that hes replacing him.
Oct 19, 2008 2:57 PM

Oct 2007
Really like the episode :D
Their date was funny but Tomoya and Mei scene's were hilarious, lol!

Cant wait for the Sunohara development!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2008 5:15 PM
Mar 2008
Tomoya got caught with his sis-com.
Oct 20, 2008 8:43 AM

Dec 2007
I can't belive Sunohara, he used to be one of my favorite characters in clannad and then he becomes like this? BAKA SUNOHARA!

Also, when will Fuko come?
Oct 20, 2008 2:40 PM

Jan 2008
I had some respect for Clannad I, but this is rapidly becoming something DISTASTEFUL. I understand that Japanese culture is very f*cked up in many relationship/gender aspects, and people have a BLATANT DISREGARD FOR THAT THING CALLED age and non-pedophilic behavior, but applying this to an anime is crossing some lines that are better left uncrossed.

Seriously? Sanae playing girlfriend to someone young enough to be her son (and for no rational reason whatsoever)? And Nagisa going along with it? (Granted, she essentially has no personality/guts) And more than all that, WTF with Okazaki turning into a molestor with Mei? WHO ELSE IN THIS WORLD WOULD COME UP WITH SHOWS where severely underaged girls are just stuck into situations like that, and act completely beyond their age? This show's staff better get their act together and stop fapping to children.

And the site explicitly states that the Garbage Doll and "mystery girl" are to be main characters. Well, WHERE ARE THEY? What's the point of wasting time on them, if no story/philosophy is ever going to surface?

Also, what's with Sunohara's sudden personality change? Now they're trying to give the comic-relief character TRAGIC DEPTH? What? The actual plot doesn't suffice to entertain?

Disappointing. Terribly.
Oct 20, 2008 8:21 PM

Mar 2008
Cinnamonsylph said:
I had some respect for Clannad I, but this is rapidly becoming something DISTASTEFUL. I understand that Japanese culture is very f*cked up in many relationship/gender aspects, and people have a BLATANT DISREGARD FOR THAT THING CALLED age and non-pedophilic behavior, but applying this to an anime is crossing some lines that are better left uncrossed.

Seriously? Sanae playing girlfriend to someone young enough to be her son (and for no rational reason whatsoever)? And Nagisa going along with it? (Granted, she essentially has no personality/guts) And more than all that, WTF with Okazaki turning into a molestor with Mei? WHO ELSE IN THIS WORLD WOULD COME UP WITH SHOWS where severely underaged girls are just stuck into situations like that, and act completely beyond their age? This show's staff better get their act together and stop fapping to children.

And the site explicitly states that the Garbage Doll and "mystery girl" are to be main characters. Well, WHERE ARE THEY? What's the point of wasting time on them, if no story/philosophy is ever going to surface?

Also, what's with Sunohara's sudden personality change? Now they're trying to give the comic-relief character TRAGIC DEPTH? What? The actual plot doesn't suffice to entertain?

Disappointing. Terribly.

so stop watching it
traedOct 21, 2008 10:43 PM
Oct 20, 2008 8:53 PM

Sep 2007
Cinnamonsylph said:
Now they're trying to give the comic-relief character TRAGIC DEPTH? What? The actual plot doesn't suffice to entertain?

Wait. Who said the comic-relief character has to stay the comic-relief character? What, he can't actually have his own problems now?
Oct 20, 2008 10:36 PM

Jan 2008
Iriya said:
Cinnamonsylph said:
Now they're trying to give the comic-relief character TRAGIC DEPTH? What? The actual plot doesn't suffice to entertain?

Wait. Who said the comic-relief character has to stay the comic-relief character? What, he can't actually have his own problems now?

Well, there's no law book anywhere that would ever deny a comic-relief character's right to develop some alternative personality. My point is that it's poorly executed on very skimpy premises:

Anime director + staff's desire to generate borderline inappropriate humor/fan attention with Sanae playing some moe schoolgirl --->

Arc in which the main characters suddenly develop some concern for Sunohara and Mei, and come up with a completely immature scheme to trick the latter by getting Sunohara a "girlfriend" --->

Sunohara suddenly has background story involving soccer (after having shown no athletic inclinations whatsoever in Season I, wtf?) --->?

Arc of emo BS (?) and borderline pedophilia (I frankly don't give a shit whether it's pretend/in joke or not) BAD TASTE is BAD TASTE

ALSO, can we please cut the filler? Sunohara's a supporting character. So far, the developments between even Okazaki and Nagisa (main) haven't quite gotten off the ground, and already they're diverging to a side character? Hello? There is a limit on the number of episodes they can produce.
Oct 21, 2008 10:40 AM

Aug 2008
Zeino said:
I really liked this episode and enjoyed.

That "Onii-chan" scene I really loled there so funny :D Tomoya's clothes so awesome <333333

me too!! ^^
Oct 21, 2008 7:24 PM

May 2008
cyruz said:

Gotta love Clannad. Funny moments, a serious story - and everything's wrapped up so nicely. I enjoyed every second of this episode.
I agree
Oct 21, 2008 8:25 PM

Jan 2008
the Onii-chan part was so funny XD
and the girls reactions "idiot" XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2008 4:54 PM

Jul 2008
Cinnamonsylph said:
Iriya said:
Cinnamonsylph said:

Well, there's no law book anywhere that would ever deny a comic-relief character's right to develop some alternative personality. My point is that it's poorly executed on very skimpy premises:

Anime director + staff's desire to generate borderline inappropriate humor/fan attention with Sanae playing some moe schoolgirl --->

Arc in which the main characters suddenly develop some concern for Sunohara and Mei, and come up with a completely immature scheme to trick the latter by getting Sunohara a "girlfriend" --->

Sunohara suddenly has background story involving soccer (after having shown no athletic inclinations whatsoever in Season I, wtf?) --->?

Arc of emo BS (?) and borderline pedophilia (I frankly don't give a shit whether it's pretend/in joke or not) BAD TASTE is BAD TASTE

ALSO, can we please cut the filler? Sunohara's a supporting character. So far, the developments between even Okazaki and Nagisa (main) haven't quite gotten off the ground, and already they're diverging to a side character? Hello? There is a limit on the number of episodes they can produce.

Actually in the first season, they did mention that Sunohara was on the soccer team and he got kicked out. Thats why he played basketball with them. He's as good with sports anymore though because he stopped playing when he got kicked off the team.

I'm gonna have to agree with you on the whole Mei/Tomoya scene though. Like where she was calling him her brother. While his reaction was funny, I kind of had a problem with it. I'm just going to choice to ignore that part.
patient_sensesOct 22, 2008 4:58 PM
Oct 23, 2008 10:56 AM
Jun 2008
Mario1-7 said:
Sunohara Disappointed me, and Nagisa's Mom Should know better. >_> Now in the next episode someone is gonna get there ass kicked. Where in the hell is Fuko >_>

im also thinking like this.. lol you got good points
Oct 24, 2008 10:47 PM

Dec 2007
Great epiosde. Sanae looked cute. <3 Mei was so cute as well. The scene where Mei called Tomoya "Onii-chan" I lol'd so hard. Also, The scene where Kyou, Ryou and Kotomi's expression when they heard Mei called Tomoya Onii-chan I lol'd so hard as well. And a toilet seat cover. :P

I can't wait to watch the next epiosde after I saw the preview.
Oct 24, 2008 11:22 PM

Jul 2008
This episode can be summed up in few words..... IT WAS AWESOME!!!!

Oct 25, 2008 8:30 AM

Dec 2007
Very good episode.
Oct 25, 2008 3:37 PM

Jan 2008
The Okazaki-Mei's onii-chan scene was the funniest in all the series (this and the previous)... I laughed so hard xD!

But actually... I think I may have the same reaction >_>...
Oct 28, 2008 3:16 PM

Jun 2008
Sunohara is disappointing me. Also this is kind of giving off a School Days-minus-the-sex-and-knives vibe. I like it but I'd like it to go back to the way it was soon.
Oct 28, 2008 9:21 PM

May 2008
at the end sunohara looked like tamaki
Oct 30, 2008 2:41 AM

Jul 2008
haha, i cracked up so hard at the onii-chan part too. esp when ryou/kyou/kotomi saw him hugging himself when he was emerged in his own loli world. lol.
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Nov 17, 2008 10:36 PM

May 2008
Wow, fantastic episode! I love the whole toilet cover thing, especially cause you could see the "profession" one coming from a long ways away.

And Mei... o.0 OH my goodness thats going a bit too far, but she was pretty cute... too bad okazaki had to be "caught in action" with all 3 purple-heads watching... thats gotta hurt, next time they meet could be awkward... lol

please sunohara, you gotta get back to normal... and kyou wasnt in this as much, so it wasnt as win as it could've been. oh well, still pretty darn good. I love this anime
Nov 29, 2008 2:18 AM

Jan 2008
16:9 finally out zomg.

Hahaha, toilet cover and the other girls seeing Okazaki in his loli fantasy XDD
Sunohara.....
Dec 3, 2008 12:39 AM

Sep 2008
It was somewhat obvious that wasn't going to work, but now we have deeper problems~

16:9 needs to hurry up already~
Dec 9, 2008 9:46 PM

Nov 2007
the episode reminds me of time before my boyfriend and i started dating.. i call him kuya..
i still do ;3

Got Milk?
Dec 29, 2008 8:00 PM

Jul 2008
dolphinloverjc said:
the episode reminds me of time before my boyfriend and i started dating.. i call him kuya..
i still do ;3

are you filipino cause kuya means big brother/older male?
May 1, 2009 3:05 AM
Apr 2009
Tomoya crossed the line. I make jokes like that too but, that was more destructive than funny.
dumbfuckMay 1, 2009 3:26 AM
May 5, 2009 9:48 PM

Mar 2009
This episode was good and the toilet seat cover.
haha.
but it was kinda sad at the scene of sunohara and mei.
and it would be nice if tomoya and mei were really siblings
Aug 9, 2009 4:53 PM

Mar 2009
This was a fun episode.
And the "Onii-chan" thing was hilarious.
Aug 15, 2009 6:08 PM

Jun 2009
Sunohara better get his act together, next episode they're gonna fight, ruin their friendship?
Sep 7, 2009 8:54 AM

Aug 2009
ONII-CHAN!!
Damn, Mei was freaking cute. Love the reaction of the girls when they saw Tomoya and Mei together.
Looks like there's going to be a fight next episode. XD
Sep 12, 2009 11:03 AM
Jul 2018
GodDmit!!!

I hate Sunohara's sister!!! In the past, she didn't give a rat's butt about him, and now suddenly she cares?! BULL!!!

I don't blame him at all, he finally gets a "taste" of respect, and people think badly of him?!

Jesus, this is ridiculous!!! And Tomoyo's lies are really getting annoying!!!
Sep 17, 2009 11:02 PM

Aug 2009
This series is getting SERIOUS...and i'm getting MORE and MORE serious and depressed by the moment cos of...AH CURSE YOU SPOILERS! CURSE YOU TO THE DEEPEST PITS OF HELL!
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1170 by -45- »»
May 13, 11:41 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

mflatischler - Jan 22, 2009

255 by tamildhool111 »»
May 12, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

OurSocialStatus - Mar 26, 2009

324 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 20, 2008

245 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 8, 1:57 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 12, 2009

727 by -45- »»
May 4, 9:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.