Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 25, 2012 8:06 PM

Jan 2008
Ok I'm tired of posting the boob gif, there's like 5 posts in this page. Gonna take a break.

Anyways, If people can't handle this, I'm sure the next fanservice related scene we get is gonna cause like.. and epidemic or something. I honestly can't even remember the reason for it either.
Aug 25, 2012 8:09 PM

Mar 2012
Also, beater just sounds like someone who masturbates a lot.

Electromaster said:
This is how ya do it man:

Now that's badass, Kirito could take a hint.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Aug 25, 2012 8:11 PM

Jul 2009
Fanservice isn't even really the problem, it's how you implement it. As far as ecchi goes, I would't mind even if those two started making out all of a sudden. Or if two girls started making out, even better!
But for an anime that's talked about as the fanciest of the season, oh SAO, could you stay away from the retarded we-saw-them-a-million-times kinda scenes? Pretty please?
Aug 25, 2012 8:15 PM

Mar 2011
Post-Josh said:
Annoying boob scene, bad script, unsatisfactory action sequences. Everything checks out, it's still Sword Art Online!

Post-Josh said:
Also, beater just sounds like someone who masturbates a lot.

Electromaster said:
This is how ya do it man:

Now that's badass, Kirito could take a hint.

Haters gonna hate
Aug 25, 2012 8:16 PM

Jan 2008
Electromaster said:
Fanservice isn't even really the problem, it's how you implement it. As far as ecchi goes, I would't mind even if those two started making out all of a sudden. Or if two girls started making out, even better!
But for an anime that's talked about as the fanciest of the season, oh SAO, could you stay away from the retarded we-saw-them-a-million-times kinda scenes? Pretty please?

I think I've posted this a couple times today, unless my mind is playing tricks on me.

Any SAO fan who gets offended easily can ignore this. I'll put it in a spoiler but there isn't really any spoilers.

Aug 25, 2012 8:16 PM

Jul 2009
Vizi_Reality said:
Haters gonna hate

Oh I just love people who think that expression grants them an instawin without ever reading the actual discussion. Bravo, sir!

@Paul
ElectromistressAug 25, 2012 8:21 PM
Aug 25, 2012 8:22 PM

Oct 2011
A great adaptation of the novels; nothing feels rushed in particular and the overall flow is laudable. I like the way Asuna's character is being developed here; curious to see how her relationship with Kirito will turn out. Judging from the episodes so far, this appears to be a character driven story rather than a plot oriented one. I'm enjoying the characters' interactions a lot in this anime, hopefully the rest of the series will continue to deliver this effect.

Aug 25, 2012 8:22 PM

Nov 2009
fanservice scene did exist in the novel, but the squeezing part was instead unnecessary I have to agree.
Aug 25, 2012 8:32 PM

Jul 2012
It was an okay episode overall, with some scenes kind of choppy and unnatural and some good scenes. 3/5

Fanservice scene wasn't necessary. But meh who cares. :/ Asuna's too tsundere anyways.

Ah so we met that guy from the opening and also, we're about to see that fight from the opening with the blue bull thing. Interesting.
Aug 25, 2012 8:36 PM

Mar 2012
Vizi_Reality said:
Haters gonna hate

I know, which is why I'm "hating" aka. simply pointing out what I didn't like in a non-offensive manner.
LoneWolf said:
Aug 25, 2012 8:46 PM

Jul 2012
finally back to LN vol. 1 \o/

unnecessary fanservice was unnecessary

the seiyuu of asuna is so damn good!

4/5
Aug 25, 2012 8:50 PM

Feb 2012
Rykee said:
finally back to LN vol. 1 o/

unnecessary fanservice was unnecessary

the seiyuu of asuna is so damn good!

4/5

We're talking about Tomatsu Haruka here :D Ofcourse!
Aug 25, 2012 8:51 PM

Jan 2012
AlexGK said:
Still not impressed. So far it remanins an overhyped average anime. Lets hope its steps up from now on....
So far the music and the VA are saving it, at least for me.

after the next episode i think we'll get to see why it was hyped so much (i know people were hyping this episode but i think the best part in all of SAO happens in the next episode)
Aug 25, 2012 8:52 PM

Jan 2012
dim100 said:
Idle_Observer said:
tezann_t said:

Anyway, I'm just in love with this episode. Random boob-squeeze fan service aside, it did a lot of things in one go almost without any major flaw.
1) Staying true to basically everything the LN had done
2) Improvising and fixing a couple of lines here and there
3) Easing in the relationship development
4) Some much needed battle sequences
5) Nice foreshadowing (not spoiling though)

Onto the next episode, where Kirito kicks some more ass.

Yes agreed but one major thing I noticed that wasn't there... The Army

Well anyways with that gone I have hopes that there will be some needed original content.

The army doesn't show up until after they open the door. and without knowing how to do spoilers that is all I can say is that you're wrong.

they were supposed to see the army patroling outside the dungeon before they went in, and then
jBuiAug 25, 2012 9:01 PM
Aug 25, 2012 8:55 PM

May 2009
Finally get to the true episode 2, with more of why Asuna is the perfect waifu. =D
Aug 25, 2012 8:56 PM

Mar 2011
I didn't really mind the fanservice, but that's just me, overall, good episode, can't wait for next one (again)
Aug 25, 2012 9:01 PM

Jan 2012
They already on lvl 74, but still episode 8. lol. Its me, or that its kinda rushed?
Aug 25, 2012 9:07 PM

Jan 2012
ricardocsc said:
They already on lvl 74, but still episode 8. lol. Its me, or that its kinda rushed?

theres enough to make it 25 episodes, tbh i hope they can FIT it all in 25 episodes
Aug 25, 2012 9:07 PM

Mar 2012
ricardocsc said:

This should've been EPISODE TWO if the anime went by the LN's ordering. The LN did a huge jump in vol. 1 and came back to the side stories (what we saw in ep. 2-7) later on.
Aug 25, 2012 9:08 PM

Jan 2008
ricardocsc said:

Just ignore their levels from here on out as it's completely pointless. Think of it as... a friendship building anime now instead. Lol...
Aug 25, 2012 9:09 PM

Feb 2011
no kirito is 97
Aug 25, 2012 9:10 PM

Jan 2011
So it's jumping around huh? That's weird given the anime progression parallels the character's level as well as time spent in SAO. In any case, this was a great episode imo.

Had to check back to see how many episodes this was. 25. Glad to see that but interested to see how the rest of the story will flesh out since they are already on floor 74 of 100. But from what I've read, the LN could really fit into a 50 episodes framework no problem. Who knows, maybe an S2. Too early to call.
Aug 25, 2012 9:10 PM

May 2008
The only art i actually like was the fact that they need cooking skills to cook something . Nothing much really happened here though the duel was pretty okay, i didnt think a difference in 10 level could break the sword in 1 hit lolol

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 25, 2012 9:15 PM

Mar 2012
greenmush said:
The only art i actually like was the fact that they need cooking skills to cook something . Nothing much really happened here though the duel was pretty okay, i didnt think a difference in 10 level could break the sword in 1 hit lolol

The difference in level isn't the problem. As a lot of people tried to explain before, it's the knowledge in game mechanics. Kuradeel wields a highly decorated sword, and those types tend to have low durability. Kirito specifically aimed for a breakable spot at the precise time when he knows where Kuradeel's attack will be (he already knew which moveset Kuradeel was going to use, from LN).
Aug 25, 2012 9:20 PM

Nov 2008
belatkuro said:
^I'm guessing you'll flip your head when we get to chapter 16.

You probably mean 16.5 ? 16 really isn't ecchi persay
--------------
But ya am I the only one who missed large chunks of stuff that was cut ? lol
Aug 25, 2012 9:31 PM
Aug 2012
honestly a bit disappointed in part where kirito broke kuradeel's sword.. they didn't show how their sword clashed, and everything ended in a blink of eye @_@
Aug 25, 2012 9:32 PM

Aug 2010
Finally...the main plot is here after a long 6 weeks of side stories....
Aug 25, 2012 9:32 PM

Mar 2012
sirwence said:
belatkuro said:

--------------

As far as I know, 16.5 is supposed to be R-rated content and I have no idea why anyone would think they'd animate it on a PG13 series. I don't know of any PG13 anime series that would slide in R-rated content, not even the ones offering some outrageous fan service. Isn't 16.5 not official anyway? >____> I thought it was some doujinshi work.

I'm not sure if they cut out large chunks, but there's at least a couple of areas where they did a good job fixing up the dialogue...for instance, when Asuna wanted to invite Kirito to party, she used "I want to know if you're as strong as the rumors say" as an excuse in the LN. This cringe-worthy line was changed to "How about teaming up with me once more?" which in my opinion came off a lot more naturally.

Heck, their relationship in general looks a lot better in the anime than in the LN because of chronological ordering, no matter how many people complain about it.
Aug 25, 2012 9:35 PM

Mar 2012
ricardocsc said:

This is actually one of the only things I think this show is doing well. I'd much rather they speed up the earlier stages and cover the last 5-10ish floors in detail, as opposed to a slow buildup and then it's suddenly "omg, 100!" time.
LoneWolf said:
Aug 25, 2012 9:37 PM
Dec 2011
Finally the side stories have ended. Seems like we will get to see "it" in one or two more episode. As for the fan service, i don't think it is that bad. It was like this in the novel so why the hate?
Aug 25, 2012 9:42 PM
Apr 2011
tezann_t said:
sirwence said:
belatkuro said:

--------------

As far as I know, 16.5 is supposed to be R-rated content and I have no idea why anyone would think they'd animate it on a PG13 series. I don't know of any PG13 anime series that would slide in R-rated content, not even the ones offering some outrageous fan service. Isn't 16.5 not official anyway? >____> I thought it was some doujinshi work.

I'm not sure if they cut out large chunks, but there's at least a couple of areas where they did a good job fixing up the dialogue...for instance, when Asuna wanted to invite Kirito to party, she used "I want to know if you're as strong as the rumors say" as an excuse in the LN. This cringe-worthy line was changed to "How about teaming up with me once more?" which in my opinion came off a lot more naturally.

Heck, their relationship in general looks a lot better in the anime than in the LN because of chronological ordering, no matter how many people complain about it.

16.5 was written by Reki Kawahara as part of the web novel, but was obviously removed from the publication when SAO was officially published.

And I agree that Asuna and Kirito's relationship does look better, but I still feel that putting the side stories after the main story worked better in the LN, and that the jumping around in the anime was awful.
Aug 25, 2012 9:43 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode,the main story begins!!

Finally it start the main plot,and must said it was adapted pretty good,they remove some things but one meeting can be fix next episode easily.

Beyond that really enjoy it first the AsunaxKirito scenes were pretty nice also i hope that cooking were so easy in real life -.-
Asuna also has epic knife skills!!!

The boob grabbing drama its actually pretty funny,specially since it was in the novels,they only(not that weird) level the fanservice,for those who doesnt expected that thinking to high specially since we already got many ass shots since the beginning...also it was nice!!

Then we got the best of the episode at least for me the Duel!!

Kirito show how badass he is by breaking the sword humiliating Kuradeel.

After that more fight scenes(they are saving the budget for next episode it seems) and finally the boss appears!!
Next episode could it be the one of the most epic scenes will happen?? CANT WAIT!!!

BTW Asuna kicking ass!!

GIF's/Avatars/SIG's on the club!!http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=482471
Aug 25, 2012 9:46 PM

Jul 2011
Epic, episode is epic. 5/5

Aug 25, 2012 9:48 PM

Feb 2012
Every episode further proves that the producers are out to make a quick buck out of SAO.

Aren't the eyes of <The Gleameyes> supposed to be gleaming? No idea how they could have overlooked that.
SmileeyfaceAug 25, 2012 11:16 PM
Aug 25, 2012 9:59 PM

Mar 2012
Noooooo!!! don't walk into the boss room you dumbasses!
Aug 25, 2012 10:08 PM

May 2011
Yeahhhhhh I am loving these KiritoxAsuna moments. Been waiting to see that cooking scene from the OP and this episode did great on that :d lol. Asuna was also especially cute in her regular clothes and in that breast grab scene too. And now that they've entered the boss room and showed that boss, I can't wait to see them fight it like they did in the OP.

Poor Agil, the bro got left out.
Aug 25, 2012 10:10 PM
Jul 2011
Asuna is still a typical annoying girl. Threatening and hitting for no reason, just like Inaba from Connect... Female Japanese characters.. srsly.
Aug 25, 2012 10:17 PM

Oct 2008
It was an "Asuna Carnival" and every second of it was awesome.

Screw episodic side stories. I don't think the anime will be able to do Lizbeth and Silica justice. Main part is where it is at!

In what universe would you ever say NO?
OmniknightAug 25, 2012 10:21 PM
Aug 25, 2012 10:20 PM
Jul 2012
Yay! Getting better and better and better!
Main storyline at last! Can't wait until next week! :P
Aug 25, 2012 10:55 PM

Mar 2012
AnimeFtw1 said:
Asuna is still a typical annoying girl. Threatening and hitting for no reason, just like Inaba from Connect... Female Japanese characters.. srsly.

Well, you can argue that there was no valid reason for the first time she threatened Kirito with a knife. But the second time where Kirito said "fighting on the frontlines is dangerous" can seem quite condescending, as Asuna has always been part of the clearing group (one can argue he was even being a bit sexist).

As for slapping Kirito across the face, it's a natural reaction when a girl finds out a guy is squeezing her chest, right?

In whatever case, those moments are intended for comical purposes. Nothing to get too serious about. Otherwise you should really quit watching anime, because Asuna isn't even a real tsundere...
Aug 25, 2012 10:57 PM

Jun 2009
Man, the BGM in this episode is so good. Kajiura isn't fucking around.
Aug 25, 2012 10:57 PM

Oct 2010
Omniknight said:
It was an "Asuna Carnival" and every second of it was awesome.

Screw episodic side stories. I don't think the anime will be able to do Lizbeth and Silica justice. Main part is where it is at!

In what universe would you ever say NO?
Nice one. I would say yes right away. Considering my built being a tank I would be able to protect her well enough. My estimates range in the 50 000 hit points or more. 3 times more than Kirito now.

That aside, it's a nice fan work indeed.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 25, 2012 10:58 PM

May 2012
Kirito should've peek
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Aug 25, 2012 11:03 PM

Aug 2011
Naturally Kirito gets the best shit.

Asuna is a cunt.

Failed pseudo characterization.

"Black is my lucky color this week"?! LOLOL

These stupid U-shaped smiles are fucking annoying. Especially Asuna's, cuz it looks so fake.

OH LOOK! Ecchi boob grab + tsundere moment. Haven't seen a million of THOSE before.

That duel was the most anticlimactic shit I've ever seen. Naturally it wasn't even a challenge for Jesus Kirito.
Aug 25, 2012 11:16 PM

Feb 2012
DraconisMarch said:

Asuna is a cunt.

These stupid U-shaped smiles are fucking annoying. Especially Asuna's, cuz it looks so fake.

OH LOOK! Ecchi boob grab + tsundere moment. Haven't seen a million of THOSE before.

That duel was the most anticlimactic shit I've ever seen. Naturally it wasn't even a challenge for Jesus Kirito.
Hard to imagine why you're still watching anime with an attitude and list like yours =/

Most anime you've seen are bad or mediocre by your rating system. Why torture yourself?
Aug 25, 2012 11:24 PM
Sep 2010
The episode was very good! I am glad to see a bit more fighting in this episode. I don't like how they have tended to skip or abbreviate fights. If Kirito is really that powerful, it'd be awesome to see him in action more often!
Aug 25, 2012 11:27 PM

Jan 2012
DraconisMarch said:

Asuna is a cunt.

you must hate watching anime huh
Aug 25, 2012 11:34 PM

Sep 2008
Oh hey look, episode 3 finally aired.

This was pretty good. I wasn't all too happy with the boob grab, but I'm willing to let that slide considering they managed to adapt a lot of the parts pretty well. It felt a bit rushed towards the latter part of the episode where they were in the labyrinth. I think the anime could have spent a bit more time there adding some content that wasn't in the light novel. Not bad as it is though.

I also like how they made pretty good use of the music for once. Yuki Kajiura's work was being completely wasted/unused in the previous episodes.

Hopefully the show can be at least this good for the rest of the series and maybe I'll reconsider my opinion of this being garbage.
Aug 25, 2012 11:38 PM

Jul 2012
boring episode, bring back liz and why does he not use her sword! darn you filler continuity.
Aug 25, 2012 11:40 PM

Sep 2008
Shaja said:
boring episode, bring back liz and why does he not use her sword! darn you filler continuity.
There is a reason for why he's not using it.

Smileeyface said:
Every episode further proves that the producers are out to make a quick buck out of SAO.

Aren't the eyes of <The Gleameyes> supposed to be gleaming? No idea how they could have overlooked that.
I'm sure they'll be gleaming in the next episode.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
May 16, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.