Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 19, 2012 8:51 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Certainly this episode screamed Oreki x Eru LIBRARY TIME! Well in a most romantic fashion from how I see it. What are interesting would be the book references in the spoiler
which makes me wonder if any of those book one can acquire and read? Often in animes they are clue. This time around it’s more as to what they talk about but I also tend to think it could help to reflect their mentality. However this would be far too time consuming for me. It would be an interest for the hardcore fan that has time for Hyouka.

About the beginning, the start has some rather interesting elements. In fact there are 3 of them I liked. First one is a rather peculiar interest towards that guy and the helicopters in the spoiler
that was kind of a interesting start to something.

The second element is Satoshi and his rich facial expressions in the spoiler
the freak out was amazing but more than anything was the vision of Oreki in the following,

Along with the spoiler
it’s inevitable that it was quite something if it lead to Satoshi in being freaked out in thee end.

Third element is Eru in the spoiler
now that was quite something to see. Considering the rich expressions she showed out along with Ibara too. ERU GO S OCLOSE TO OREKI'S FACE OMG!That was close but Satoshi on the other hand gave out the impression that he was about to physically hurt Oreki but it turns out not like that.

About Oreki’s imagination, so despite the nice clean up in the spoiler
and what looks at school after the festival. There is quite the most lovely depiction of Oreki’s passion for Eru in the following,

Now that is by far more amazing. I loved it that Oreki of such passionate romance on a bike. It’s so lovely to see it. The visuals clearly show love and guidance by a Lovely Angel whom can be seen as the Goddess of Love herself. Notice the rose?

That being said the end impresses with its scenery. Might edit later.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 19, 2012 9:07 AM

May 2009
So cute
Aug 19, 2012 9:24 AM

Nov 2011

Reminds me a little of this:

Aug 19, 2012 9:45 AM

Nov 2007
Interesting. About the teacher during junior high felt saying certain thing?

lol @ the bike imaginations.

lol~ the guy saying Chitanda's phrase!! And that action made Chitanda wonders, too.

Thunders, helicopter, mountain climbing...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 19, 2012 10:12 AM

Aug 2012
hahahahahahaha
ReariaAug 19, 2012 10:37 AM
Nowhere,everywhere.

Aug 19, 2012 1:38 PM

Aug 2008
The mystery itself wasn't that interesting, but Houtarou himself was acting funny.

Houtarou x Eru time was sweet.
Aug 19, 2012 2:43 PM

May 2012
After he said "curious", I completely lost it! :D

Anyway, great episode!
Aug 19, 2012 2:56 PM

Jun 2012
character/relationship building episode. Mystery was definitely back seat.
Tantalising...lets see how far it goes ^^
Aug 19, 2012 3:11 PM

Feb 2012
Was definitely weird seeing Oreki being curious about something. He's been around Eru too much! ( Which is a good thing :P )

I loved everyone's reaction lol. Especially Eru. She's so moe!

All in all a great ep.
Aug 19, 2012 3:14 PM

Mar 2011
Oreki's Curious = Minds being blown

XD
Aug 19, 2012 3:15 PM

Jan 2012
Eh. Filler. Interesting to see Oreki turn Chitanda-ish, though.

Only three episodes remain.
Aug 19, 2012 3:26 PM
May 2012
testyal1 said:
Eh. Filler. Interesting to see Oreki turn Chitanda-ish, though.

Only three episodes remain.

hope for a sequel in the future though
Aug 19, 2012 3:34 PM

Feb 2008
Well it does will feel a little embarassed sitting at the back on the bicycle when a girl is cycling.

Today episode didn't feel that interesting, was about some old english teacher.

It was fun to see they reaction of Oreki want to do something! :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 19, 2012 3:58 PM

Jul 2012
Lol, his imagination was the best xD

Im wondering if, since there's only 3 more episodes after this, they going to make a 3 episode arch or just keep the last few filler-ish as this one and just focus on character/romantic development.

I wonder if they'll make a second season...

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Aug 19, 2012 4:01 PM

Feb 2012
I love Oreki's reactions xD
Seemed like a random episode though. o.o
Aug 19, 2012 4:06 PM

May 2009

Aug 19, 2012 4:07 PM

Nov 2008
I'm so happy their starting to spend time together just the two of them....such a cute couple..
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Aug 19, 2012 4:16 PM

Mar 2012
Fantastic episode!

Despite the episode feeling a bit less lively than the exceptional festival arc, the direction, artistic flourishes, and quality animation were as impressive and masterful as ever. Said incredible direction was especially evident throughout the final scene, particularly when Oreki looks upwards toward the helicopter; such an artistically striking composition. The excellent use of music was, yet again, extremely effective in setting the tone and illuminating a plethora of scenes in a rather beautiful fashion.

There was some really terrific character development during this episode, particularly with Oreki realizing his own curiosity. The two segments that accompanied Oreki's trips into his imagination were wonderfully animated. Satoshi's reaction to Oreki stating he was taking a trip to the library was hilarious, as was all of their reactions when he noted his own curiosity. The small bits of relationship development between Oreki and Chitanda were especially great, and certainly a bit more obvious than in previous episodes.

Once again, this episode was a visual feast and a storytelling delight. This show continues to be highly enjoyable, and I can't wait for the next episode; hopefully the romance will be hinted at even further, which seems very possible judging by the few seconds of the preview.
Lelouch22Aug 19, 2012 4:19 PM
Aug 19, 2012 4:31 PM

Feb 2012
Damn, Oreki is constantly figuring stuff out and it was pretty funny when the guys where shocked that he went agianst his own motto.

@Stark:
Totally reminded me of KNIM, too.
Aug 19, 2012 5:07 PM
Aug 2012
Another great ep~~ !! :3
Aug 19, 2012 5:09 PM

Feb 2009
Loved the focus on Chitanda/Oreki. OTP OTP OTP.

The preview was also very OTP OTP OTP. I highly doubt anything will come out of this and KyoAni is just trolling but whatever, they're still adorable.
Aug 19, 2012 5:11 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
"Owe her" my ass. Oreki, man up - you enjoyed spending time with Chitanda.

Blackbird said:
Well, no, this episode wasn't about the old english teacher. It was about Oreki and Chitanda.
Aug 19, 2012 5:40 PM

Jan 2012
soo did Oreki end up giving Chitanda a ride home in the end?
Aug 19, 2012 5:42 PM

May 2012
they're like husband and wife
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Aug 19, 2012 5:42 PM

Jul 2008
Oh man, those reaction when Oreki said he want to go check the library.
Aug 19, 2012 5:47 PM

Jun 2010
I repeated the part where Oreki said he was curious like five times. Loled hard.

Seriously, He needs to man up!!! Why he no ride bike together with Eru :(
The romance continues on developing... a little ._. I wonder if 3 episodes is enough for the rest.

So, what did Houtarou did at the end? He said he owe her one but did he actually guided Eru otw to her home? Oh man, I wanna read the novel, I wish they can translate all the volumes asap.
Aug 19, 2012 6:00 PM

Aug 2010
Cratex said:
Blackbird said:
Well, no, this episode wasn't about the old english teacher. It was about Oreki and Chitanda.

It was about Oreki and Chitanda and the old English teacher. I actually found it interesting since it showed that Oreki has changed slightly since the start of the show.
Aug 19, 2012 6:02 PM

May 2012
i love this show, i love this show sooo much

Aug 19, 2012 6:34 PM

Jan 2011
Oh man Oreki continues to slowly change, was a nice episode if you look at the facts that it was a Oreki x Eru focused.

though i wonder what Eru was trying to say at the end there i kinda have a good guess but i'm not sure lol
Aug 19, 2012 6:35 PM
Aug 2009
Satoshi and Ibara's reaction to Oreki spending energy on his own free will was the highlight of this episode for me. See some blushing between Eru and Oreki in the preview for the next episode :o
The 3 episode left count ruins this show for me tho :(
Aug 19, 2012 6:48 PM
Jan 2012
i like how we're getting to see more of oreki's character development after seeing the last arc be so satoshi and ibara focused driven.....i still can't really figure out chitanda, we havent really seen her thought processes and what makes her tick like we have of the other 3 characters....

i thought the end was kinda cute, where oreki was going over how he didn't ask chitanda to accompany him.....that he owed her one, lol

cant really see it with a oreki x chitanda ending tho.....i think kyoani's just giving us little moments, but i cant see oreki growing a pair and confessing (he cant even admit it to himself!), and chitanda's interests sway wildly from oreki to dung beetles, so i dont know if they are 'OTP' status
Aug 19, 2012 7:20 PM

Nov 2008
Houtarou finally scored a date with Eru, but why the library of all places?

Still this story has by far been the most "sentimental" one, that has appeared in this series.

Anyway it looks like we are going to get some development between those two in the coming episodes, dare a hope a kiss?
Aug 19, 2012 7:25 PM

May 2009
Quite cute episode, liked it overall. The mystery this time was easier to figure out.

I also don't really see Chitanda and Houtarou as OTP, they're cute like this, and I don't think it needs to go further... at least I don't feel Hyouka is this kind of series.
Aug 19, 2012 7:47 PM

Jan 2012
ftghb said:
i like how we're getting to see more of oreki's character development after seeing the last arc be so satoshi and ibara focused driven.....i still can't really figure out chitanda, we havent really seen her thought processes and what makes her tick like we have of the other 3 characters....

i thought the end was kinda cute, where oreki was going over how he didn't ask chitanda to accompany him.....that he owed her one, lol

cant really see it with a oreki x chitanda ending tho.....i think kyoani's just giving us little moments, but i cant see oreki growing a pair and confessing (he cant even admit it to himself!), and chitanda's interests sway wildly from oreki to dung beetles, so i dont know if they are 'OTP' status

I'd hope not.....I enjoy the series and everything but if it were to end like that then.....I could really see no point in having watched it......
Aug 19, 2012 8:17 PM

Jul 2010
Lmao, Oreki is curious! xD prediction about end of the world in 2012 was right after all.
ChitandaxOreki is just a perfect couple.They fit sooo much to each other.

5/5 amazing ep.
Aug 19, 2012 8:30 PM

Sep 2011
Man 3 episodes to go :(. Hopefully we get a another season.
Aug 19, 2012 8:40 PM

Sep 2011
The reactions when Houtarou said he was curious XD
"Now's the time for you to run towards the day you awaken from this dream."

~Boys be Smile
Aug 19, 2012 9:44 PM

Dec 2011
The mystery is quite boring this time but I love the development between Eru and Houtarou, and looks like there's gonna be more development between those two based on next episode preview!!
Aug 19, 2012 9:46 PM

May 2012
Guess 2012 is going to happen since oreki is curious.

Lol that bicycle scene made this the best episode ever :D
Aug 19, 2012 9:49 PM

Jan 2010
oreki: watashi kininarimasu!
others: mind blown

LOL
Aug 19, 2012 10:06 PM
Jul 2018
I didn't really get the mystery behind this episode. Anyone mind elaborating?
Aug 19, 2012 10:06 PM

Dec 2011
Oreki curious on something?! What is this blasphemy?!

Love the reactions of everyone else... also the never gets old Chitanda Eru "I'm curious!"

Also, I didn't expect Oreki to be the one who establishes the mystery this time.

Unfortunately, the bike scene I was looking forward didn't happen in reality.
Chitanda pedalling while Oreki is riding at the passenger seat is awkward...
Oreki peddalling while Chitanda is riding at the passenger seat takes a lot of work... Thus he didn't do it!

All's well that ends well. He finally knew why Ogi-sensei reacted this way when it comes to helicopters.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2012 10:12 PM

Jun 2008
"Why did our teacher say he liked helicopters that time!? We must discover the truth!"

...Like, seriously? Who fuckin' cares?

2/5
Aug 19, 2012 10:31 PM

Nov 2011
Kind of sad that were won't be another major mystery arc before it's over.

Wouldn't mind seeing some Houtarou/Eru development in the meantime, but it seems like Houtarou has a hell of a long way to go before he's ready to admit to liking someone.
Aug 19, 2012 10:40 PM

Jul 2009
Hmm this is the one time I am confused here...can someone explain to me exactly what happened with/to the english teacher? I thought he was one of those stranded and wanted to see a helicopter so he could be rescued..but then it said the 2 stranded people were found dead? And where did the lightning occur, while he was stranded? :S
Aug 19, 2012 10:53 PM

Jun 2009
Boring episode tbh.

But Oreki WAS curious. The biggest plot twist that could ever happen in this series passed right by my very own eyes. That's all.
Aug 19, 2012 10:59 PM

Jan 2012
MoeMoeKyun said:
Hmm this is the one time I am confused here...can someone explain to me exactly what happened with/to the english teacher? I thought he was one of those stranded and wanted to see a helicopter so he could be rescued..but then it said the 2 stranded people were found dead? And where did the lightning occur, while he was stranded? :S

it seemed to me the english teacher was just worried about the stranded people seeing as how in the newspaper it says that he wanted everyone to understand the rules to protect fellow climbers from life threatening dangers, so he most likely was relieved when he saw that help was coming to save those people (but at the time he didnt know that they were dead or else he wouldn't be smiling)

the lightning probably just occured during his climbing adventures, it was a clue for Oreki that the english teacher was a mountain climber (Oreki explained that the town didnt frequently have lightning because the mountains block atmospheric currents so he deduced that his teacher had something to do with the mountains which he confirmed with the article that Chitanda found)
jBuiAug 19, 2012 11:02 PM
Aug 19, 2012 11:34 PM
Jun 2012
Redfoxoffire said:
"Why did our teacher say he liked helicopters that time!? We must discover the truth!"

People who likes mysteries. The real question is why you just watched episode 18 of an anime you don't like in a genre you don't like. Now that is strange.
Aug 19, 2012 11:36 PM
Jun 2012
Stand alone episode. And from the preview, so is the next episode. And I don't see how they could fit the next arc in just two episodes, so I guess they're not doing that one at all.
Aug 19, 2012 11:46 PM
Jul 2011
Redfoxoffire said:

2/5

That adds to the realism in this anime a bit, tho, which is one of its strengths. If someone (willingly or subconsciously), wanted to become a detective in the real world, they are not going to find a murder around every corner (see: Conan). So what are the other options? Unraveling the mysteries of everyday life, or of the lives of people around you.

It all goes back to Chitanda Eru's favorite question: "why?"

To me, that is what makes this anime interesting. I can get all of my elaborate murders and the like from Christie and Aoyama, but this is one of the only places that I can get mysteries that actually have a place in reality.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» No romance here

KainiusTheGreat - Mar 10

26 by KitsuFrost »»
Apr 28, 4:21 AM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 5, 2012

186 by Dasfonia »»
Apr 16, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 6, 2012

268 by Cammell »»
Apr 8, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 22, 2012

491 by Prosper20 »»
Apr 5, 7:19 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 16, 2012

605 by sarahdqueener »»
Feb 29, 1:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.