Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Sep 1, 2013 9:01 AM

Jun 2013
I wanted Alucard to make his master a vampire.. I really thought that was going to happen in the last seconds.. Ah well. Simply put amazing.

10/10
Sep 13, 2013 6:48 PM

Jan 2012
For some reason, I can only give this anime an 8/10, maybe it's because of the hype I had going into the show.
Oct 13, 2013 5:28 PM
Oct 2013
does any song the song at 23:08
i've looked for it every where
pleasee help it's such amazing music
Oct 18, 2013 2:12 AM

Jan 2013
I can only give this anime a 6. I found myself rooting for the antagonist hoping Seras and Integra would die. The ending was extremely disappointing. Let's have a panty shot! Let's jam pack this supposedly dark anime with comedy! Yay for comedy and fanservice!
Oct 19, 2013 8:08 PM

Mar 2008
I'm confused if Alucard still has Scrodingers abilities in the end or not because how can you kill someone who is everywhere and no where so he must always be in him? If so then couldnt that mean he can no longer consume blood and build his own personal army again?

This was much better than the Hellsing tv series, which was pretty bad at pacing. The only real problem I have is even though the characters have a backstory and character development it feels flat like I cant get too emotionally involved with them. If some main character dies I have little real reaction to it. Also Alucard is far too overpowered hes overpowered enough there was barely any point I felt his "life" was at risk.

Also they didnt explain some things too well and expect you to know everything. For example they dont explain how Vlad being raped as a kid by that turk somehow lead to him being a warmonger.

There is a lot of good concepts in here as well as some philosophies hidden in but it feels like there is so much that just a 10 episode OVA doesnt really cover things in enough detail where it feels coherant. It only feels like a small bit of a big picture. This is the kind of series you do when everything is already well established and the tv series did not establish things that well in my opinion. I mean you cant have a vague character basis then suddenly jump into vampire vs nazis like some over the top mix of tropes. Please keep in mind its been years since i saw the hellsing tv series so i might have forgotten some things.
Oct 20, 2013 3:53 AM

Oct 2010
I really liked it, badass vampires being badasses are awesome. That part with Alucard going level 0 and almost literally unleashing hell.....fucking chills.

Just wondering if there are any major differences with the manga? I assume there are at least some minor ones (the pacing seemed extremely fast at times) Also, am I right in that all the other vampires we saw didn't have those familiar things of people they've drank from because they were artificial vampires?
Oct 20, 2013 9:46 PM

Apr 2009
SimmianPrime said:
Just wondering if there are any major differences with the manga?

Check up this topic.
Oct 30, 2013 11:11 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode.I'm happy that Alucard is alive :D
9/10 because in the end there were some parts/things that i didn't understood.
Alucard & Celas OP! :)
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 30, 2013 11:32 AM

Apr 2009
AivanK said:
9/10 because in the end there were some parts/things that i didn't understood.

Ask what you didn't understand, maybe I'll be able to explain =).
Nov 10, 2013 10:34 PM

Jun 2013
Bravo Madhouse! You guys are awesome!

What a rollercoaster of thrills, emotions and glorious gore!!!

I'm sure if I start searching for minor things and mistakes I'd lower the score... but I refuse to!!! So here, a 10/10! Masterpiece (especially after that steaming pile of garbage that the TV series was).

Oh and the comedy at the end was in the manga as well.
Nov 12, 2013 4:20 AM

Oct 2009
That was fantastic!
Man..bloody loved it when Seras starting shooting and when she took up the canon, epic stuff!

Old Integra looked pretty good XD, the only thing was the weird comedy..well its throughout the series..doesn't fit :P And random panty shot!!!
Loved the scene between Alucard and Integra.

Overall gotta to be one of the best Vampire shows out there, sure the plot wasn't great but it was pure classical Vampire carnage! Maybe I should have watched "The Dawn" first? Like I didn't know who this Mina Harker is :/

9.4/10
Nov 12, 2013 8:05 AM

Apr 2009
DannyREN said:
Maybe I should have watched "The Dawn" first? Like I didn't know who this Mina Harker is :/

You'll have to read Stoker's Dracula classics to find out.
Nov 20, 2013 11:31 PM

May 2013
Yes. Way better than Hellsing. Hahahah x] I approve <3

This was an intense series. Loveeeee.

and I like the laid back, joking bond between Seras and Integra at the end :') Super kayooottttt <33333
Nov 25, 2013 2:08 AM

Jun 2009
More than four years later, I have finally finished it. Man, what a ride. A long as fuck ride but a ride nonetheless.
Dec 4, 2013 8:47 PM

May 2012
One hell of a good ending, while the last part was a bit strange, but to have a bit of humor thrown in the mix wasn't all that bad! In general I really loved this OVA a lot more than the original 13 episode TV series and not only by the amazing development and story buildup but also by the great art, animation and the epic voice casting especially that they cased Wakamoto Norio! All by all I must say it has been a long time that I've seen an anime this good and well it really earns the full 10/10 I gave it!
Dec 10, 2013 11:55 PM

Oct 2013
a very good show, i liked lot Alucard, deserve easily 9/10, happy i can enjoy the show in 2 days, i would have been mad to wait about 3-4 years to finish this serie
Dec 22, 2013 1:06 PM

Jul 2013
I have no idea what happened in those 10 episode.
Jan 4, 2014 10:17 PM

Sep 2011
Probably one of the best, if not the best, vampire series out there.

High 9/10 so a 10/10 overall.
Jan 8, 2014 3:22 PM

Jan 2013
I guess its just me, but personally I loved every second of this whole show. I mean, sure, the comedy was kinda forced to a degree, but I think it fit in there correctly. In my opinion the fact the Victoria and Integra had been living together for 30 years waiting for Alucard to come back they naturally became friends. Victoria isn't dark and brooding like Alucard; she is pretty much a kid in every way. To also be fair, I can imagine Victoria being pretty much Integra's only real friend she's ever had besides Walter.

I think the show ended perfectly, in fact, as soon as I finished it I had 1 question in mind; did Alucard end up biting Integra and turning her? When I'm done with a show and I automatically hop on Google to answer a question that I know is up to the audiences imagination, then I call it great! I don't what it is, but I've watched this show 2 times now and every time I fall in love with it all over again.

In the end this show is an auto 10/10 for me!

I have 1 little question I wanna ask as well. Does anyone find it odd that I like Hellsing almost as much as Hellsing Ultimate?
You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.

Bruce Lee
Jan 18, 2014 4:41 PM

Aug 2012
Wonder if this will be dubbed like the rest.
Jan 19, 2014 9:08 PM

Dec 2008
LONG LIVE CAPTAIN PIP BERNADOTTE & WALTER!!!! Much better version than the original. though the tv series was good too. THIS WAS GREAT HOWEVER!!!! 9/10 !!!!!
Mar 8, 2014 8:16 AM

Feb 2010
Epic series, epic ending.
Despite having different ideology, different way of life, everyone is respectable.
...and I actually love the comedy.
Mar 21, 2014 9:56 AM

Dec 2012
The werewolf guy was cool. Im glad we finally got to see him in action.
Apr 7, 2014 12:22 PM

Oct 2013
Great show,simply amazing much better than the series i'll give it 9/10

Apr 20, 2014 1:05 PM

Jun 2013
9/10, Now THOSE are real vampires. A lot better than the normal Hellsing imo. More blood, more fights, and 100x better Seras. Oh, and the ending, it actually had a fufilling ending, it didn't leave an extremely broad, open ending (if that makes sense).
Only thing that I really didn't like were the comedy scenes, those were really unnecessary and just felt out of place at times.
Apr 25, 2014 5:09 PM

Mar 2014
The second half of the episode was so slowly paced, after the zeppelin got destroyed, I kept waiting for it to be over, but it just kept going for what felt like far too long.
They also went for some super dramatic stuff throughout the episode, but I feel like even with the very nice presentation of the art, all of their philosophical bullshit also came off as super contrived and uninteresting. A lot of the dialogue came off as somewhat cheesy.
Overall, it was still good, but this is probably the worst episode of the whole OVA. What a disappointing way to end what would otherwise be a pretty good series.

Hamelin said:
Oh, and the ending, it actually had a fufilling ending, it didn't leave an extremely broad, open ending (if that makes sense).

I would disagree. They totally left the ending open for a sequel. The characters didn't really wrap up in terms of their motivations throughout the series, and by the end, I kind of felt like those characters are still on a journey of sorts, and that we should expect some kind of Hellsing 2 at some point.
vigorousjammerApr 25, 2014 5:14 PM
::End of Transmission::

Jun 22, 2014 4:34 PM

Jan 2012
vigorousjammer said:
The second half of the episode was so slowly paced, after the zeppelin got destroyed, I kept waiting for it to be over, but it just kept going for what felt like far too long.
They also went for some super dramatic stuff throughout the episode, but I feel like even with the very nice presentation of the art, all of their philosophical bullshit also came off as super contrived and uninteresting. A lot of the dialogue came off as somewhat cheesy.
Overall, it was still good, but this is probably the worst episode of the whole OVA. What a disappointing way to end what would otherwise be a pretty good series.

Hamelin said:
Oh, and the ending, it actually had a fufilling ending, it didn't leave an extremely broad, open ending (if that makes sense).

I would disagree. They totally left the ending open for a sequel. The characters didn't really wrap up in terms of their motivations throughout the series, and by the end, I kind of felt like those characters are still on a journey of sorts, and that we should expect some kind of Hellsing 2 at some point.

If there ever is another Hellsing, I pray that it's NOTHING like this Ultimate crap and much more like the original. This version of the series was un-enjoyable for me in SO many ways it's actually pretty sad.

I'm giving it a 5/10 but that's only because I'm dishing 4 points for Alucard's badassery and 1 point for Seras, because she was a single character who was more likable in this than she was in the original Hellsing.
NekozzieJun 22, 2014 4:37 PM
Jul 9, 2014 3:58 AM

Mar 2008
aren't you special and original, gz

amazing anime!
Jul 11, 2014 2:23 AM

Sep 2013
this was... such a bs ending

this show's strong point was the action scenes, not the background story, nazi vampires like yeah
and in the last frigin eppisode instead of putting up an amazing action scene they gave a nonsense attempt at a "meaningful" ending with the major talking bs for like 30 minutes about being human

at least the werewolf guy part was cool

and they should have done something better with schrodinger rather than just dropping him in the river like an idiot and making allucard dissapear, waste of such a good character (schrodinger), waste of the chance for a good ending fight

after all the fireworks and fast paced action from the last episode, this one was such a cockblock

in this matter the original series had a much more ectasic and fullfiling ending, this one felt like when you're a girl and your bf takes you to the edge and then he can't make you cum (i assume)

well, the other episodes were so much better, hail schrodinger & the werewolf guy

Jul 27, 2014 8:44 AM

Aug 2013
I never would have watched a series like this but curiosity got the better of me and I'm glad it did. What a great show. Two things I didn't like though: the comedy bits felt so out of place and the Major was just so bland he made me want to skip every time he's onscreen.

9/10. I want a Seras Victoria spin-off O____O
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 28, 2014 9:13 AM

Sep 2013
One of the best action anime I've seen. Really, this anime is overflowing with awesomeness. The only thing I didnt liked was Pip's character, everything else I liked.

8.5/10 or just 9/10. =)
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Sep 6, 2014 7:53 AM

May 2012
The epic plot twist at the end regarding the major was sooo unexpected! :O
Sep 24, 2014 10:03 AM

Jan 2012
not bad...

could use less melodramatic scene and more fight scenes imo... oh and boobies

8.5/10
Oct 12, 2014 2:57 AM

Sep 2014
Just finished the series and honestly, I am kind of disappointed. I liked it, just not that much. I was told it's so great, the score on MAL is very high too yet I kinda didn't feel it. The animation is outright amazing, the soundtrack is decent too, Seras is a nice character and I really enjoyed first few episodes, but with time it got worse, the plot seems very far-fetched to me at times, the villains don't make much sense to me and simply don't feel credible.

Cool animation, bloodshed and all just the story didn't please me. Very enjoyable at first but later on (episodes 8-10) it gets way too ridiculous.
ImaishiOct 12, 2014 3:06 AM
Nov 1, 2014 10:25 AM

Feb 2013
Now that the dub has finally finished I got to check out this ending. It was fine, but this episode had far too many boring and lengthy monologues. Needed more action and less trying to be deep and stuff

still a strong 7/10
gedataNov 1, 2014 12:33 PM
Nov 1, 2014 2:46 PM
Aug 2013
Absolutely amazing ending. I felt bad for Walter even though he was a traitor .. dunno why.
Glad to see Alucard made it back.
Sanity... what would I do with a useless thing like that?
Nov 8, 2014 10:19 AM
Jun 2013
jeez this fat guy can talk for a LOOOOOONG time. Oh look pip is sorta still alive Guess that wolf guy always wanted to die. Pretty dam fine fight though technially seras only won cause of wolf guy let her. Ah so that was the purpose of cat boy to poison alucard. I still find the reasoning for walters betrayal dumb. It would make more sense if walter didint care at all or feel any romorse about the betrayal but its clear he is bothered by it. To throw that all that away for a fight is nonsense. Oh walter threw it all away and gained nothing. Hell you didint even win. wow mummy girl has lost her freaking mind but I understand. So hes like 99% robot and 1% human. So even near death he wont shut up. Ah so now we see how the nazis made vampires.

Well at least walter did one good thing before he bite the bucket. I still feel kinda bad for walter cause even though he was a traitor he still cared about inegra and seras. Wait wait wait why didint mummy girl fix herself up. I mean cant that get infected? Also intergra still looks good old. Giving penwood the props he deserve. Love these comic bits. Also why doesint intergra just become a vampire shes a virgin after all and she could just keep runing stuff. wow random panty shot lol.

Well what a freaking great action series. Gave me blood and violence and some likable characters. I loved everything even walters turncoat moment caught me off guard though I still think the reason for it was dumb.The speeches of the fat man went on to long somtimes as well. I also dont get why people dont like the comedy bits. I loved them all and it was a nice breather from all the violence.I still hate the fact people piss all over the first hellsing anime when it doesint deserve it. Its still a good watch. Is hellsing ultimate better? pfft YEA but still doesint make the first run awful. Non the less great show ultimate.BRAVO!
souledge94Nov 8, 2014 10:30 AM
Nov 12, 2014 2:29 PM

Jul 2009
It was brilliant to finally see the proper ending of Hellsing animated like this. I'll need to watch the whole thing again since it took so long to come out. 9/10.
Nov 12, 2014 5:05 PM

Jun 2013
helluva ending. had some good monologues, action and everything seemed to tie up relatively well. much like the rest of the series it was over the top at times but, i loved how grandiose it all was. glad i waited and watched all of it around the same time instead of waiting years for the next couple episodes to come out.
Nov 18, 2014 5:41 PM
Jul 2014
Would any of you be as kind to explain why Alucard revived? I understood everything else. This series was great. Should I watch the TV series? Are there any movies? Should I still read the manga? I'm genuinely interested.
Dec 3, 2014 12:02 PM
Apr 2013
Farewell Walter and welcome back Alucard
Dec 11, 2014 11:52 PM

May 2012
Okay, so I just finished the series. Didn't start until all 10 episodes were available dubbed, so I was waiting for a while. I liked it but there were things like unnecessarily long monologues(Especially from the major) and these random cutesy comedic moments that stopped it from being great imo. Alucard was cool but I never got the feeling that he was in any danger because of how absurdly powerful he is. Oh and Walter's betrayal felt really forced and seemed to lack decent motivation. All that said, great art, animation and cool fight scenes helped a lot. 8/10
Dec 14, 2014 1:26 AM

Jul 2008
Not as much action as I expected for the finale, lots of speeches. But ultimately it was Alucard's win and the Major's loss.
Dec 24, 2014 8:49 AM
Feb 2012
FUCKING EPIC!!!!!! 10/10
Dec 30, 2014 7:57 AM

Apr 2014
Well.... Wow.
Dec 30, 2014 3:59 PM

Nov 2011
The 30 years later thing was unnecessary but it was a good watch overall.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 1, 2015 6:00 PM

Jun 2014
I couldn't take Alucard as a little girl seriously

Smiling while they dead, I hoped that their reason was to die a beautiful death like Spartans, but I was wrong

Jan 10, 2015 5:23 PM

Jun 2013
It was an action-packed ova series but I kinda prefer the TV series mainly for the story. This one had more action with stretched out fights. But overall was good watch. 7/10
Jan 18, 2015 12:10 PM

Jan 2015
6 i don't like it so much the only thing i like it is walter and ((((walter died))))
RIP walter
PurificacionJan 18, 2015 12:13 PM
Jan 23, 2015 9:58 PM

Jul 2011
Incredible series. Will go down as one of my favorite series of all time. It did almost everything right (well maybe not the comedy) and was a blast to watch. I found myself not being able to resist just jumping right into the next episode. The only thing I wanted to see more of is Alucard's dominance really. Sort of a selfish wish for me as this may had caused the series to suffer because to me the pacing is incredible, but I just wanted to see it one more time. I just wanted to see Alucard mock an opponent and then just rip their head off. Toward the end everyone in the series seemed to start picking him apart (or so they thought I suppose). But what I loved the most was when he dominated his opponent.

One thing I must look into is Vlad's past, as I feel the OVAs didn't explain it very well (or Alucard's past either for that matter). And for those saying the plot was non existent and shitty you're missing the whole point of this show. This is not a story building series or even a world building series, this show is character driven. What makes this show work is the incredible battles waged between these incredible creatures. This series is going to hit you hard and fast and that is what makes it such a treat. The length of this series felt almost perfect and it hit it's target right on the nose.Cannot ask more of an anime 10/10
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

OmegaRed - Jul 29, 2008

154 by aronbebop »»
Apr 22, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Klimat - Feb 15, 2012

157 by liliyoa »»
Apr 10, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Klimat - Dec 24, 2009

275 by Comander-07 »»
Mar 27, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Dub or Sub?

Garou_Monster - Aug 13, 2022

16 by Argonnant »»
Feb 29, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Apollodorus - Jul 23, 2009

176 by LightNoragami1 »»
Feb 21, 2:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.