Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 7, 2013 10:55 AM
Feb 2013
I adore this show, but I didn't really like the ending, and it's not for the comedy bits I dislike it. What I didn't like was Alucard coming back to life.

Regardless of how terribly evil the Major was, I think at the end when he explained why he wanted to defeat Alucard, I agreed with his reasoning as to why he was still a man, even though his body was a machine. His desires and ambitions could fully be ascribed to his own choice.

Then there was Alucard's comments that only a man would ever be able to defeat him. I thought it would have been wonderfully fitting for The Major to have been the one to have killed Alucard.

Still though, love this show, I have the Blu-Ray's, and I'm waiting for an official launch of 9-10 in the US to finish of the actual collection. :p
Feb 7, 2013 11:40 AM

Apr 2009
Mad_Monarch said:
Regardless of how terribly evil the Major was, I think at the end when he explained why he wanted to defeat Alucard, I agreed with his reasoning as to why he was still a man, even though his body was a machine. His desires and ambitions could fully be ascribed to his own choice.

Then there was Alucard's comments that only a man would ever be able to defeat him. I thought it would have been wonderfully fitting for The Major to have been the one to have killed Alucard.

Still Integra pretty much countered Major's logic right away.
But of cause it's up to individual viewers to judge who was right there...
Feb 7, 2013 11:44 AM
Feb 2013
Klimat said:
Mad_Monarch said:

Still Integra pretty much countered Major's logic right away.
But of cause it's up to individual viewers to judge who was right there...

I might just have caught the bad sub someone mentioned earlier then, as I also didn't see the 'No, Farewell Integra' dialogue. All I remember her saying in response was 'Nope, you're a monster allright.' Not quoting directly mind you. :p

Of course, I still would have found it fitting given Integra, who is staying mortal, will die as well leaving no heirs. Who else could possibly be around to command Alucards respect as she?
Feb 7, 2013 12:22 PM

Apr 2009
I can recommend you softsub from CtA.
Mad_Monarch said:
Who else could possibly be around to command Alucards respect as she?

Should Integra really die, I guess current queen/king will assign Alucard to work in some secret service agency, possibly under young Islands.
Feb 7, 2013 12:26 PM
Feb 2013
Klimat said:
I can recommend you softsub from CtA.
Mad_Monarch said:
Who else could possibly be around to command Alucards respect as she?

Should Integra really die, I guess current queen/king will assign Alucard to work in some secret service agency, possibly under young Islands.

I'll have to give that sub a look when I have some time. Thanks. :p
Feb 7, 2013 8:58 PM

Apr 2011
Very awesome show, I'm gonna have to re-watch the first 9 chapters cuz I forgot big chunks of the story from one chapter to the next. Still an amazingly animated and voice acted show!

5/5

10/10
Feb 8, 2013 6:48 PM
May 2010
So I watched this. And I'm giving it 8.5/10.
Sure, we've got to see many epic scenes and gory action, but, to my personal taste, the story is quite straight and simple. Nothing too shocking or unexpected happened and that bothers me. Otherwise, many aspects of the show are simply awesome, such as picture quality, music and action sequences.

Also, I was really hoping Major had some interesting plans in his mind, and that he didn't want to die for real. But, meh, he just died. And he didn't even kill Alucard. What a fail.
ninaskoFeb 10, 2013 8:31 AM
Feb 8, 2013 11:39 PM

Apr 2009
When Victoria was getting her own ass handed to her by the werewolf, I was so elated to hear Pip's voice again I was about to cry with manly tears of joy (or whatever that was). XD

I know what the fat cyborg Major was prattling about was suppose to be his/their raison d'être but it was boring as hell when he was about it the entire time of his appearance. He was essentially talking the same thing across several episodes ago.

Major: Blah blah blah...
Me : OMG he's still talking!!! >_<

And he's back, he's freakin' back after 30 goddamn years!

I rated this episode 8/10, my favorite and IMHO the best episode was episode 7 in which I had experienced a whole lot of roller coaster emotions, anxiety, grief and indignation, just from watching it, It's closely followed by episode 6, Seras wielding the 2 Harkonnen II cannons was so much wallpaper worthy! All in all this series gets a 9/10 from me for the bad ass shit and crazy action.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 9, 2013 3:44 PM

Oct 2007
A great adaption. As a fan of the manga I am very satisfied. Everything from episode 4 onwards was pretty much spot on, and that's not a common thing for most anime adaptions. The OVA treatment that Hellsing received is maybe the best way of adapting a manga such as this, and it turned out brilliant. So 10/10, despite some minor issues in mostly the early episodes. Let's hope the Berserk adaption will turn out the same way. (And also the adaption of The Dawn.)

And to the people complaining about the comedy:
There is a very fine line between over-the-top seriousness and comedy, and Hellsing intentionally crossed it from the very beginning. And thus, the pure comedy parts are not out of place at all. This becomes even more apparent when you read the manga.
Feb 19, 2013 6:55 AM

May 2010
Saw this recently. It was very good, but I didn't quite understand some things. Plus the comedy parts were really out of place.

1) Could someone explain in detail the reasoning behind the Major's reason to kill Alucard?
2) What's the deal with Schrödinger, his powers and his role in killing Alucard? I suppose it has something to do with Schrödinger's cat but how was this connected to killing Alucard?

Other than that, the anime was great. The characters were amazing and it was so good to see more of them, then I could in the series.

edit: Anyone else thought of Dr. Mengele when they saw The Doctor?
If you are a fan of (or simply interested in) Japanese films
then please join the Cinema of Japan club! Thank you (:

Feb 19, 2013 7:56 AM

Apr 2009
bloodlover said:
1) Could someone explain in detail the reasoning behind the Major's reason to kill Alucard?

Major has lost pretty much every single battle that mattered during WW2, so he wanted to retaliate by winning some kind of a war and to wage some kind of a war he needed an enemy first. Alucard through Mina unwillingly became the starting point of the whole artificial Nazi vampire project (so Major wanted to surpass his inspirer), plus Major was obsessed with supernatural stuff to begin with (building up a Werewolf team of people - and not only people - with special abilities), also Alucard was the one who destroyed the vamp project back in WW2 days, plus Alucard was not just a vampire, but more of a walking army, thus an opponent worthy to start a war against. On top of that Major concluded that he is an exact opposite to Alucard: Alucard absorbed other people's lives to survive becoming some kind of a hive-mind in the process, Major declined vampirism in the same exact situation because for him merging with other minds at any degree was worse than death for he treasured his pure identity and will that much. Thus Major was jealous of Alucard's powers, yet despised Alucard for his nature.
bloodlover said:
2) What's the deal with Schrödinger, his powers and his role in killing Alucard? I suppose it has something to do with Schrödinger's cat but how was this connected to killing Alucard?

Here.
Feb 19, 2013 8:14 AM

May 2010
*brofist for Klimat*

Ty kind sir. It does make more sense now. The Major was a great villain and my hat goes off to his genius.
If you are a fan of (or simply interested in) Japanese films
then please join the Cinema of Japan club! Thank you (:

Feb 21, 2013 11:49 AM

Apr 2012
Sakujo said:
And to the people complaining about the comedy:
There is a very fine line between over-the-top seriousness and comedy, and Hellsing intentionally crossed it from the very beginning. And thus, the pure comedy parts are not out of place at all. This becomes even more apparent when you read the manga.

Well, as someone who has complained about the comedy in this series, my issue with it feeling out of place was not so much that I felt comedy was inappropriate for a given scene but, rather, that the comedy in this series is just really terrible. If I had ever actually been amused by any of the "humorous" bits throughout the series then I would obviously have less trouble accepting them. But, as it stands, the only thing they contribute is breaking up the sustained greatness of any given episode - I guess that proves useful as a safety precaution for preventing the viewer from being overwhelmed by awesomeness.
Feb 21, 2013 8:31 PM

Jun 2009
Alongside Black Lagoon this is pretty much the quintessential anime action series. It's not a complex series, but it has a very interesting take on war and violence, unabashedly wallowing in these things and frankly it's all the better for it. It seems like every episode had a memorable action set piece and characters like Alucard, Integra, and the Major are ridiculously memorable. Some fantastic dialogue here btw, such as the "Gentlemen, I like War" speech and Integra's "Search and Destroy" catchphrase.

I probably would give this series a 10, but I found Seras to be kind of dull compared to most other characters and as good as the dialogue could be it got a little too wordy at times. Ironically the two episodes focusing almost exclusively on her are probably my absolute favorites of the series. As it is the series is an utterly fantastic 9/10. The first I've given in a long, long time.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 21, 2013 10:55 PM
Jan 2009
So, what exactly killing every soul inside him means?
Does it make him weaker? after all, the battle was almost entirely won by all his 'souls'.
Feb 22, 2013 1:00 AM

Apr 2009
MadCircus said:
So, what exactly killing every soul inside him means?
Does it make him weaker? after all, the battle was almost entirely won by all his 'souls'.

It does make him weaker on one hand, on the other hand he now possesses Schrödinger's power.
Feb 22, 2013 2:31 AM

Jun 2009
One thing that I'm curious about, and it's not even a big deal, but why exactly is Alexander considered a main character on this site when Walter is very clearly more important than him to the plot? I like Alexander and all, but still....

I'd try to change that but I figured that no one tried to for a reason. Like I'm missing something.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 22, 2013 2:51 AM

Apr 2009
insan3soldiern said:
One thing that I'm curious about, and it's not even a big deal, but why exactly is Alexander considered a main character on this site when Walter is very clearly more important than him to the plot? I like Alexander and all, but still....

I'd try to change that but I figured that no one tried to for a reason. Like I'm missing something.

I'm also pretty sure there are only three characters that should be considered main here: Alucard, Integra and Seras. Guess people just like Anderson this much. Walter is a main character of The Dawn, here he is more of a villain and Major is much more important than he is in that regard.
Feb 24, 2013 10:16 PM

Apr 2012
An amazing ending to an amazing show.
10/10.
Feb 24, 2013 10:22 PM

Apr 2012
Klimat said:
insan3soldiern said:

I'm also pretty sure there are only three characters that should be considered main here: Alucard, Integra and Seras. Guess people just like Anderson this much. Walter is a main character of The Dawn, here he is more of a villain and Major is much more important than he is in that regard.

I'm not gonna lie, Anderson's death was tear-jerking. Anderson was:

1) A badass.

2) Someone who went through similar circumstances as Alucard. While Alucard's circumstances were much more tragic, there is definitely a huge similarity between them. (Even Alucard acknowledged it)
Feb 25, 2013 5:43 AM

Feb 2012
and thats how it ends,there were some really boring parts,I give it a 8.
Feb 27, 2013 9:38 AM

Aug 2011
Shit ending to a good anime. Couldn't even make it through all the episode. OK you have a plan, ok you like making speeches just don't dedicate the whole episode to it.

The whole episode was just the chubby German laughing at how good his plan is. It was a shit plan that gave a shit ending and still didn't kill Alcuard.
Mar 6, 2013 4:15 PM

Feb 2008
Did I really watch this for seven years?
Just wow. And what a grand finale.

I simply enjoyed it.
9/10

Not much more to say here.
Mar 7, 2013 1:09 AM

Jul 2011
Well finally got to a hellsing ultimate marathon.
This final episode was pretty great. but very expected. But that's not always bad.

Oh how I wish for Hellsing to have turned vampire. I mean she was a virgin after all.
makes me sad to see people grow, and grow old, and die. It is a weakness of mine.

Anyways I see Sera has gotten a lot stronger for the past 30 years. She was already a "prodigy" right after becoming a vampire. And also, here I thought she would somehow regrow her arms for those 30 years, I guess that won't be happening. :/ :/ ANyways..

I would love for a sequel focusing on her, or even a right off the bat continuation of Hellsing; Ultimate. Would be awesome!

But good anime. Great story. Animation was alright.

Also, that fat nazi and his long boring speeches made me sleepy everytime he spoke. :/ bleh.
Mar 10, 2013 4:49 PM
Oct 2011
MoonxArtemis said:
I would love for a sequel focusing on her, or even a right off the bat continuation of Hellsing; Ultimate. Would be awesome!

Would be all over that, I'd always be up for more of this if they/Hirano ever went back to it. :)
Mar 15, 2013 1:55 AM
Mar 2013
I've got one question about this episode...

So now that Alucard has killed every soul but the Schrodinger's Cat, can he start rebuilding his soul count? Or will the Schrodinger's Cat soul lose its identity again and make Alucard disappear the moment he absorbs another soul?

Basically I'm asking if Alucard is stuck with one "life." Will he die for good if he gets killed?
Mar 15, 2013 3:37 AM

Apr 2009
Kaymmac94 said:
Basically I'm asking if Alucard is stuck with one "life." Will he die for good if he gets killed?

It hasn't been clearly stated so we can only speculate, but I personally think Alucard does actually stuck with one life. On the other hand it's Schrödinger's life, so it's kinda special, remember Schrödinger got his head blown away clear two times throughout the story, first by Alucard, second by Integra, still it never killed him for real.
Mar 18, 2013 2:07 PM

Mar 2013
Very great episode... the major was so awesome (especialy in the jap dub)
When i hear the english dub major i cant understand people waiting for this anime comming out in english dub ( and the other voices are in my opinion better jap too)
Mar 18, 2013 10:01 PM

Sep 2011
5/5 Fantastic adaptation of the manga, took forever but its finally over. Totally worth the wait.
Mar 24, 2013 7:38 PM

Aug 2008
Love the ending, which the improvement to the anime happened much sooner. Started slow and clunky but then picked up greatly.

6/10 - 1st half
9/10 - 2nd half

so 8/10 overall
Mar 28, 2013 6:59 PM

Jul 2009
Great. Glorious. Ingenuous. Honor to see it finished and how it finished.
Apr 15, 2013 5:29 PM
Aug 2012
that was a brilliant series insanly integra is such a badass walk through bullets not caring if she gets shot. loses an eye and doesnt even bat her last eyelid. seras is slowly becoming god mode like alucard tho even being himself im sure hes still imortal the only thing i didnt like in this episode was the random couple minutes near the end when it turned in to a comedy tho on a second viewing and thinking about it. it seems to fit and it wouldnt have the same feel without it. brilliant so good 10/10 hellsing is the only show where vampires arent terrible weak or womanizing. every character in this series was a brilliant im waffling on but its to good to put in words and none of what i have said makes any sense
i had to watch several different subs to get all of the story ill watch it again when a better sub or when i get better at japanese
May 4, 2013 7:21 AM

May 2013
It was a good war :)
May 5, 2013 5:41 AM
Nov 2012
despite my complaints (to which i add the overly long speeches) it was a good fun ride and i like this show quite a bit.
May 9, 2013 9:38 AM
Oct 2012
Yes, the comedy scene just doesn't fit. Geez.. the Major was a robot?! This is ridiculous! I think they tried to make an unpredictable end, and it just got worse....
Somebody please explain how can a machine do all that stuff -.-'
May 9, 2013 9:55 AM

May 2011
LoreChaos said:
Yes, the comedy scene just doesn't fit. Geez.. the Major was a robot?! This is ridiculous! I think they tried to make an unpredictable end, and it just got worse....

Kept alive by machines, but in this case he was more machine than man.
*Cringey anime weeb stuff*
May 9, 2013 2:43 PM

Apr 2009
LoreChaos said:
the Major was a robot?! This is ridiculous! I think they tried to make an unpredictable end, and it just got worse....

Major was not a robot, but a cyborg. His brain was still intact, and for the robotic body, think of it as of a complicated prosthetics.
May 10, 2013 9:44 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Klimat said:
LoreChaos said:
the Major was a robot?! This is ridiculous! I think they tried to make an unpredictable end, and it just got worse....

Major was not a robot, but a cyborg. His brain was still intact, and for the robotic body, think of it as of a complicated prosthetics.

It's the power of German science!!
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 19, 2013 3:20 PM

May 2013
Watched the whole series in the past couple of days and I have to say that this is truly a great OVA. Haven't read the manga but I'm certain it's amazing as well. There isn't much to add, most members before me posted some identical opinions and arguments. What I will say though is that the very last scene, or 'the ending', was quite anticlimactic and in some way didn't appeal to me. That aside the ending, though, was dark and went back to how it felt at the start of the series, meaning that it felt like it was the true ending of the great series.
SaggiMay 19, 2013 3:26 PM
May 26, 2013 1:17 PM

Jul 2012
Damn, how do you rate this, there is nothing similar to this. Definetly a must watch
May 29, 2013 5:08 AM
Dec 2009
Mm, did they show Integra feeding her blood to Alucard at the end like the manga? Did they portray him feeding from her ring finger too? (if I remember correctly that is) o.o
♥"L" for LOVE♥
May 29, 2013 6:32 AM

Apr 2009
koosha
They did.
Jul 12, 2013 4:01 AM

Dec 2010
Epic final movie. The ending sucked though, I didn't really like it. The bad part is that it serves as the very story ending.

Liked the idea about 10th Crusade though.

My final score:

1. Characters. +1. This anime had indeed some forever great characters, like Anderson and of course Alucard himself.. though I didn’t really like his eventual development.
2. Atmosphere. +1. Well, yeah, the atmosphere was a bit dark/depressing at times, but that’s a must for the setting, and it was very well executed.
3. OST. +1. The show had some definitely good tracks, like in episode 10. I can’t really complain about it.
4. Animation. +1. The remake offered a bit shiny and at times even childish visual desings, but I should admit that the action scenes looked awesome at whole the time, because of this design.
5. Background story. It wasn’t something really special and it didn’t make the story any better.
6. Storyline. +1. I liked it. A very well executed storyline about a war.
7. Ending. Nope, I didn’t like it. It wasn’t horrible, but it wasn’t even good either.
8. Drama. +1. Even just the death of Bernadotte was good enough, but Anderson’s end is really the saddest part for me ;
9. Overall affect. +1. A great animwe, it definitely had impact and even though it’s not the best anime ever, it’s memorable at least.
10. Bonus(extra) point for:... +1. Alexander Paladin. He’s nothing less than my favorite thing about this show. Actually if it wasn’t for him, I don’t think I would have ever given this show a score better than 6.
Overall score: 8/10. It was a good/epic anime, I would like to see a continuation one day, after all./
Jul 13, 2013 1:10 PM

Sep 2010
Epic serie !

couldn't wish better 10/10
Aug 1, 2013 2:19 AM
Dec 2009
Klimat said:
koosha
They did.

Ahhh, ok~. Thx ^^
♥"L" for LOVE♥
Aug 11, 2013 2:57 AM

Jan 2012
okay series,lots of action but for some reason I didn't care for it that much
Aug 11, 2013 6:59 PM

Feb 2013
Loved the "balls to the wall" action and especially the gore.
Had interesting historical references.

8/10

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Aug 17, 2013 3:52 AM

Jul 2013
Such a shame that the original team never got to finish this because basically the second team did nothing but squander their effort by making inferior quality animation and changing things (the first team was faithful to the source material)

EDIT: Apparently this actually had three different team's. The one's that fucked thing's up was the third team hat did the episodes 8-10.
KuruwinAug 17, 2013 4:11 AM
Aug 17, 2013 5:12 AM

Apr 2009
Kuruwin said:
Such a shame that the original team never got to finish this because basically the second team did nothing but squander their effort by making inferior quality animation and changing things (the first team was faithful to the source material)

EDIT: Apparently this actually had three different team's. The one's that fucked thing's up was the third team hat did the episodes 8-10.

Except it's the opposite and the first team is the one that made most of the changes while the third one was 99,9% faithful to the manga all the time.
Aug 18, 2013 1:52 AM

Nov 2012
nice ending.. :3 alucard return in the end.. and then THE END :p
, so.. mayor is a cyborg -_-
and kinda sad when seeing walter dead :/
that comedy in the end.. :3
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

OmegaRed - Jul 29, 2008

154 by aronbebop »»
Apr 22, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Klimat - Feb 15, 2012

157 by liliyoa »»
Apr 10, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Klimat - Dec 24, 2009

275 by Comander-07 »»
Mar 27, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Dub or Sub?

Garou_Monster - Aug 13, 2022

16 by Argonnant »»
Feb 29, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Apollodorus - Jul 23, 2009

176 by LightNoragami1 »»
Feb 21, 2:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.