Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 9, 2008 1:38 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm still waiting for it to be subbed
discuss ep 1 does it satisfy you're expectations for this anime?
Oct 9, 2008 2:03 PM

Jul 2008
Ok, this a MINDFUCK right? Guy in a room has some illusionnary Sailor super anime character being there like a real person........I HAVE UNIVERSITY PSYCHOLOGY KNOWLEDGE and I know for a fact the guy already has a problem due to isolating himself in that room.

*Mod edit*
aeroNov 17, 2008 3:20 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 9, 2008 2:13 PM

May 2008
Where else but youtube?
Oct 9, 2008 2:19 PM

May 2008
Umm the first EP kinda followed the first chapter of the manga, I'm waiting for more!
Oct 9, 2008 2:44 PM

Sep 2007
Holy shit that was fucking awesome, can't wait for more

Oct 9, 2008 2:55 PM

Mar 2008
Bascially follows the game, but they cut off scene and reconnect them to other scene to cram in as much as they can , since they could only do 12 or 13 ep, and the game is pretty long. XD (have an urge to spoiler lol)
Oct 9, 2008 3:46 PM

Feb 2008
I think they did a quite good job with this (looking how unpractical the VN seems to be for an Anime).
Although I think that Seira-tan looked too less like a Delusion and he didn't stutter as much as in den VN. But apart from that I liked it
Oct 9, 2008 4:00 PM

Dec 2007
Not bad, but not incredibly impressive either. Honestly, I think there's a bit of a fundamental flaw in that it seems to act a bit less like a horror/thriller than say, Higurashi, and more like a harem. Speaking strictly from a standpoint of what I've seen so far, the lighthearted bits detract a bit too much from the suspense and mystery, so I can't help but feel that they're trying to mix oil and water here, so to speak. Personally, I'm hoping that we'll see less of that over time.

It was decent though, and I'm fairly certain that I will follow it to the end, though who knows really. My watch list is pretty clogged this season, so I'll probably have to at least delay something.
世界は美しくなんかない。 そしてそれ故に、美しい
Oct 9, 2008 8:16 PM

Oct 2008
This followed the game pretty close as well, so I was a bit surprised at first over all it was a good start for those who don't understand what is happening or basically confused about the first couple parts the only thing I could say is either drop it or continue to watch to get your explanations but this was still worth the wait. There are a few flaws I disagree with but since its a 12 ep crammed anime i wont complain. Good start they need to keep it up.
Oct 9, 2008 10:46 PM

Jul 2008
_Sanchez_ said:
This followed the game pretty close as well, so I was a bit surprised at first over all it was a good start for those who don't understand what is happening or basically confused about the first couple parts the only thing I could say is either drop it or continue to watch to get your explanations but this was still worth the wait. There are a few flaws I disagree with but since its a 12 ep crammed anime i wont complain. Good start they need to keep it up.

Why don't you be nice and give us some links to the game or story where this is based from. That would at least give some feedback for those who go and seek this info.

THANKS AHEAD!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 10, 2008 3:29 AM
Jul 2008
I've really been looking forward to this series. The first few scenes left me with nothing but pure, soul-crushing disappointment, but it quickly got more interesting as the gore and mindfuck aspects became evident. I will probably watch this one to the end, though I doubt it'll be a favorite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos;Head
http://www.nitroplus.co.jp/pc/lineup/into_15/

The opening sequence on the official site reminds me of Divi-Dead. ^^;
It bothers me slightly that I don't own a machine that can run the game.

Angel999 >> For an anime about eating, I would recommend Lucky Star. For shitting and pissing, look into Bible Black.

Älsö, ümläüts äütömätïcällÿ mäkë thïngs cööl.
hknamidaOct 10, 2008 3:46 AM
Oct 10, 2008 3:44 AM

Nov 2007
kjsadhfg I think I'll love this. :D It was one of my most anticipated anime for this fall season and so far it's pretty good. I'll probably end up wanting more eps for this. I wanna go 'oh shi- wtf wtf' lots. <3 I hope it gets better but I'll still keep my expectations low. I'm excited for subs. x3
Oct 10, 2008 4:18 AM

Jul 2008
was ok, but i think i had too high expectations, didnt turn out how i thought it would. but didnt play the game so cant decide if it will be better. But it was still a good episode, a little strange but was ok.

Oct 10, 2008 5:05 AM

Sep 2007
Hmm, I'm kinda bummed out. It wasn't as great as I thought it'd be, but I still think (and hope) it'll improve. . . .
Oct 10, 2008 5:07 AM

Jun 2008
I haven't played the game, but so far the anime looks okay. The character design was a bit of a let down, specially in the beginning, I'm pretty sure the game has better art. Of course I have to wait for more, but the first episode gives a feel of a twisted version of NHK with Yua reminding me of Haruka from NHnH.
Oct 10, 2008 1:56 PM

Feb 2008
Chaos;Head ep 1 was actually much better than I had expected. Hello production values! The character shots at the start of the OP were awful (Myself;Yourself quality or worse) but everything beyond the first two minutes looked great. The backgrounds were especially detailed and well-drawn: one scene in particular is a figure collector's wetdream. The plot is very gripping so far and the different mousou scenes were well executed. The main character's seiyuu is suitably pathetic-sounding and the OP is pretty catchy. One of my favourite first episodes of the season so far!
Oct 10, 2008 2:02 PM

Jul 2008
Meiling said:
Chaos;Head ep 1 was actually much better than I had expected. Hello production values! The character shots at the start of the OP were awful (Myself;Yourself quality or worse) but everything beyond the first two minutes looked great. The backgrounds were especially detailed and well-drawn: one scene in particular is a figure collector's wetdream. The plot is very gripping so far and the different mousou scenes were well executed. The main character's seiyuu is suitably pathetic-sounding and the OP is pretty catchy. One of my favourite first episodes of the season so far!

Is there any nudity or worse scenes in the anime and compared to the game are the scenes better than in this game??????????

SUBS ARE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!
angel999Oct 10, 2008 9:01 PM
Oct 10, 2008 10:17 PM
Jun 2007
Wow. my brain hurt's lmao. It was good but i dunno it was pretty scary and the ED was pretty cheerful lol.
Rybar120Oct 10, 2008 10:20 PM
Moderator Edit: Signature deleted. Please re-read the General Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2008 11:31 PM

May 2008
Whatever Taku's on I want some of it...maybe half a hit..lol..why is he living in a shipping crate?
Oct 10, 2008 11:50 PM

Feb 2008
Well, this anime was quite entertaiment ;)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 11, 2008 1:37 AM

Dec 2007
that was amazing, now i really cant wait for the translation to be finished on the VN.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2008 3:04 AM

Jul 2008

YOU ARE PLAIN SICK WITH THOSE PICS! That is just sick! (VOMITS SOMEWHERE)
Oct 11, 2008 4:19 AM

Dec 2007
wow a harem with a crazy lead guy and lots of blood? I'm curious to see where this is going

Oct 11, 2008 5:40 AM

Sep 2008
finally sub
ok this anime is weird but can't wait for the next eps
if this anime get weirder i might drop it but its good so far
Oct 11, 2008 6:33 AM

Sep 2008

Well, if you don't have enough nerve to see those, I guess you should drop C;H as soon as possible, before it gets to all the beef.

Maharet said:
wow a harem with a crazy lead guy and lots of blood? I'm curious to see where this is going

It can't be harem as long as the main hero isn't interested in 3D girls. He does have a lot of experience with eroge, so some of his delusions look like one, but that's all. Well, okay, you also get phrases like "Oh God, it's a flag!".

My main problems with this episode:
- FES's song is different. Not like it's bad, but "The Blood of the Contract for Our Sins" was plot-relevant, and I'm not sure about this one...
- Taku meets Rimi too soon. Also, he meets her in his room, not in the class.
- Misumi-kun looks wrong. That's my only problem with the image quality so far, though.
- In red Yua delusion, she doesn't get hit by the truck. It's not that important, but because of that, it's one of my favorite delusions.
- The opening is spoiler-tastic. Though it's still awesome.
要らない。もうあれは要らない。

血の赤も、骨の白も、焼け爛れる肉の黒も腹から噴き出る臓腑の灰も。

銃剣の煌き弾丸のメタル。軋む戦車の振動に塹壕の饐えた匂い。
Oct 11, 2008 6:46 AM

Nov 2007
Oct 11, 2008 6:53 AM

Sep 2008
Mhia said:
I still think the ED is kinda out of place lol.

Well, you can consider it as another "green" delusion, like swimsuit Yua.
要らない。もうあれは要らない。

Oct 11, 2008 7:35 AM

Dec 2007
There was too much stuff crammed in one episode which made it feel a bit disconnected. And Takumi's voice sounded strange. Otherwise I liked the episode and I'll most likely follow this to the end.

BTW I liked the ending with "Do you wish to save the chapter" thing. Made me feel like I was playing the game :)

Oct 11, 2008 7:35 AM

May 2008
angel999 said:
I HAVE UNIVERSITY PSYCHOLOGY KNOWLEDGE and I know for a fact the guy already has a problem due to isolating himself in that room.
I can say that without uni psychology as well. ;)

That said. Weird ep. Reminds me of School Days which wasn't that great imo. However this still seems to have some potential, guess we'll see.
Oct 11, 2008 7:48 AM

Aug 2008
Mindfuck.

Yeah, looks kinda wierd. Hope that the nonsensical light parts will soon be dropped and/or fit better with this series' image.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Oct 11, 2008 8:24 AM

Sep 2008
JadeMatrix said:
Hope that the nonsensical light parts will soon be dropped and/or fit better with this series' image.

Hmm, so far, the light parts do resemble the ones in the game, and those are pretty important for the "Are you happy now? Well, it isn't real, screw you" effect. They also serve a nice contrast with the gory moments.
要らない。もうあれは要らない。

Oct 11, 2008 9:07 AM

Jan 2008
Mindfuck. But epic. Can't wait for more. :3
Oct 11, 2008 9:27 AM

Jul 2008
SingerOfW said:
JadeMatrix said:
Hope that the nonsensical light parts will soon be dropped and/or fit better with this series' image.

Hmm, so far, the light parts do resemble the ones in the game, and those are pretty important for the "Are you happy now? Well, it isn't real, screw you" effect. They also serve a nice contrast with the gory moments.

What light parts? Yeah I get the illusions thing but WHAT IS THE CAUSE OF ILLUSIONS? Do't tell the guy's brain is fried on drugs?

Mercurio said:
angel999 said:
I HAVE UNIVERSITY PSYCHOLOGY KNOWLEDGE and I know for a fact the guy already has a problem due to isolating himself in that room.
I can say that without uni psychology as well. ;)

It's nice being sarcastic but I know more than you obviously cause knowledge is power or have you forgotten about the innate ability we all have of common sense. My, my proud aren't we?

That being said I will give out some details..........the guy has a self-confidence problem for starters and he seems to be a loser to handling girls but that is because of he is a freak that is perverted by anime figures whom are all GIRLS since he is male and not gay.

SingerOfW said:
Mhia said:
I still think the ED is kinda out of place lol.

Well, you can consider it as another "green" delusion, like swimsuit Yua.

Apart from the delusions of RED AND GREEN SIGNALS........is there something else and what is so important regarding the game if Takumi gets too many RED ones instead of GREEN ones???????

SingerOfW said:
angel999 said:
AntiDentite said:
Be sure to check out the links Shogun sent
Maharet said:

My main problems with this episode:
- FES's song is different. Not like it's bad, but "The Blood of the Contract for Our Sins" was plot-relevant, and I'm not sure about this one...
- Taku meets Rimi too soon. Also, he meets her in his room, not in the class.
- Misumi-kun looks wrong. That's my only problem with the image quality so far, though.
- In red Yua delusion, she doesn't get hit by the truck. It's not that important, but because of that, it's one of my favorite delusions.
- The opening is spoiler-tastic. Though it's still awesome.

WHAT IS-------->The blood of the contract for our Sins?????????????..........WHAT SINS??????????

What happens in the RED WITH YUA???? The swimsuit all say IS A GREEN DELUSION..........right?

Finally do all the girls he knows apart Rimi get murdered/butchered?????????
angel999Oct 11, 2008 9:36 AM
Oct 11, 2008 9:37 AM

Jul 2007
Interesting episode, not exactly what I was expecting but still very entertaining nonetheless.
I'm looking forward to seeing how this series will develop.
Oct 11, 2008 9:56 AM

Sep 2007
Fuck yeah awesome.
I expected some crap like Ayakashi but this was just awesome.
Oct 11, 2008 10:03 AM

Jul 2008
For god sake, what the fuck is this show...
Oct 11, 2008 10:31 AM

Sep 2008
angel999 said:
What light parts? Yeah I get the illusions thing but WHAT IS THE CAUSE OF ILLUSIONS? Do't tell the guy's brain is fried on drugs?

I mean the "green" delusions. The cause is revealed later in the game/anime, so I won't spoil it.

angel999 said:

It's nice being sarcastic but I know more than you obviously cause knowledge is power or have you forgotten about the innate ability we all have of common sense. My, my proud aren't we?

I agree. It isn't necessary to have a uni psychology to guess "Hey, he lives alone in a cargo box full of eroge stuff - I guess he have some psychological problem or something.". Common sense is enough. And yes, you don't have to be too proud because of your education.

angel999 said:
Apart from the delusions of RED AND GREEN SIGNALS........is there something else and what is so important regarding the game if Takumi gets too many RED ones instead of GREEN ones???????

They affect the ending you get.

angel999 said:
WHAT IS-------->The blood of the contract for our Sins?????????????..........WHAT SINS??????????

What happens in the RED WITH YUA???? The swimsuit all say IS A GREEN DELUSION..........right?

Finally do all the girls he knows apart Rimi get murdered/butchered?????????

"The Blood of the Contract for Our Sins" is a song performed by PHANTASM, a rock band located in Shibuya. Kishimoto Ayase, a. k. a. FES, is the group vocalist. It was her who was singing on the bridge in this episode. The song contains a lot of details about third New Gene case, and it was performed before the actual murder happened. Again, she sings a different song in the series, and I don't know the lyrics, so I can only guess that it is also connected with the "Staking".

The "red" Yua delusion is the one with the psycho smile, tons of stakes, etc. She gets hit by the truck right after she dashes for Takumi in the game. Of course, that's a delusion, too, but still...
要らない。もうあれは要らない。

Oct 11, 2008 11:12 AM

Mar 2008
This show's going to be awesome.
Oct 11, 2008 11:22 AM

Aug 2008
So, I'll say that I liked this episode. Different enough story to catch my attention. Visually bland, and some flat characters, but interesting. I won't be too surprised though if they pull a Higurashi and just suck after the third episode.
Oct 11, 2008 11:31 AM
Dec 2007
fgjhk; MINDFUCK GAWD DUMMIT.
I wish I sat next to a serial killer in class. D:
Oct 11, 2008 11:34 AM

Feb 2008
I just watched the first episode, I don't really understand whats its about. I think this is one the anime which has a messed up story line.
Oct 11, 2008 11:39 AM
Oct 2007
Three words: Crazy but interesting.
Oct 11, 2008 12:08 PM

Aug 2008
love how she just smiles at him in class: "good morning Taku!"

heh, this looks like its going to be nuts
Oct 11, 2008 12:30 PM

Jun 2008
I liked this a lot -- best first episode of the season from what I have seen. I have a friend who fangirls over this game like crazy, and she got me hyped for the anime; glad it has not disappointed.

One subtle thing I like is the music -- it's off-kilter and creepy, but now so much that it overshadows what is happening onscreen. Very nice stuff.

Takumi's home weirds me out so much, haha. It is more like a tomb than a place where a person would actually want to live, which is the point, I suppose. :P
Oct 11, 2008 12:37 PM

Aug 2008
it was an ok episode for me,the thing that bothered me is that once again we see the old cliche group of girls (the smart,naive good hearted etc.) not sure if i will continue watching it
Oct 11, 2008 12:39 PM

Feb 2008
LOL! main char only attracted to anime girls....epic win...pretty funny to me other that seems like a good anime surprised no bigger sub groups picked it up yet, And lol at the link i immediately went to check the site to see if the pics were online.
Oct 11, 2008 12:57 PM

Jul 2008
I was quite impressed with this, although a few parts didn't make much sense to me.. I think I'll have to re-watch later.

The very end of the episode was perfect though, the psychotic murdering girl having the seat right next to him in class. :D

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The Chaos;Head Anime is Bad, but don't give up on it!

Volcanic_Phoenix - Apr 23

2 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
May 30, 11:58 AM

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 11, 2008

98 by hedous »»
May 8, 1:31 AM

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeadIEnd - Dec 25, 2008

247 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 22, 12:40 PM

» Friendly reminder the anime is an absolute embarrassment and the visual novel is legitimately up there with steins gate

Fischer77 - Mar 22, 2023

19 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Jan 14, 12:34 AM

» I. Hate. The. Main. Character. ( 1 2 )

SY_IS_DEAD_IRL - Oct 22, 2008

66 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 10, 2023 4:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.