Forum Settings
Forums
Wolf Children: Ame & Yuki
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Sep 15, 2022 4:57 AM
Oct 2021
This is best anime ever watched it's all about a mother's love towards her children, and difficulty faced to raise the the 2 children without a father. This what we called mother's love and care
Oct 22, 2022 6:07 AM

Nov 2021
This movie is awesome!

I felt kinda sad and happy at the same time. I almost cried at the end. Hana was such great mum.
Both Yuki's and Ame's characters changed when they get older. At first, Yuki liked to be a wolf and Ame was so scared to be a wolf. Then when Ame caught his prey for the first time, he started changing. When older, their characters got switched sides.

How I wish this had a sequel. A sequel where Ame comes back to visit his mother. And Yuki dating with Souhei come back together with him to visit her mother too. Then when Hana saw Ame, he grew up looking just like his father. And Souhei proposes marriage to Yuki in front of Hana.

Man~~ Would love to see a such sequel. (But some animes are good not having a sequel.It ruins the beauty)

Aww~~ This movie is too awesome, too good!

Man~~I am really happy I watched this.

Dec 28, 2022 11:38 PM
Aug 2008
Know I’m overthinking it, but can’t help but wonder how a mom who fled child services later explained the disappearance of her 10-year-old son to authorities. Hana and Yuki weren’t exactly good at suppressing emotions/lying under pressure.
Jan 4, 2023 6:35 PM

Aug 2008
Kuri-cha said:
Know I’m overthinking it, but can’t help but wonder how a mom who fled child services later explained the disappearance of her 10-year-old son to authorities. Hana and Yuki weren’t exactly good at suppressing emotions/lying under pressure.
I suppose we can't think too hard about that.  Of course the police are going to ask: "Ma'am where is you son?" but logic has no place here I suppose.  

Ignoring that I hope that Yuki learns to live with her wolf side again, I like her character much more when she was really young and had the two sides together instead of forcing herself to "fit in".  Playing with snakes and collecting animal bones felt real instead of rejecting the side her father gave her.
Jan 4, 2023 6:43 PM
Aug 2008
gswelcome said:
Ignoring that I hope that Yuki learns to live with her wolf side again, I like her character much more when she was really young and had the two sides together instead of forcing herself to "fit in".  Playing with snakes and collecting animal bones felt real instead of rejecting the side her father gave her.
Same. I actually wish the both of them had learned to enjoy the best of both worlds. A few reviews/comments here and there said the story was supposed to symbolize the challenges of kids born into mixed face families. Unsure if that's the case, but if so -- even more of a reason I wish they had the chance to learn to love both sides of themselves, rather than having to reject a part of who they are to feel happy.
Jan 31, 2023 2:58 AM

Sep 2018
What an unbelievably powerful movie that was. A unique (to say the least) depiction on raising children and coming of age, the hardships and prosperities, the decisions to make, the emotional depth to it all, absolutely brilliant watch. One of the best ever Mothers in anime, the persistence shown and management regarding her circumstances, was second to none. Audiovisuals were some of the best I've seen, stunning backgrounds throughout. Yes, I raised an eyebrow at the unnecessary "wolf sex" scene, it's only a few seconds in a almost two hour film. 

Comfortably one of the best anime films I've seen, 10/10.   
Feb 7, 2023 9:34 AM
Feb 2023
hidden gem, amazing movie
Feb 12, 2023 12:04 PM
Feb 2023
beautiful movie, i think about it a lot having only seen it once time
Feb 14, 2023 5:50 AM
Feb 2023
Makes me cry whenever I watch this. Been watching this since I was 5 years old and just rewatched this a couple of times recently and still love it.
May 3, 2023 3:15 PM
Apr 2023
First the guy that turned into a f***ng Wolf and then he had something with a Human. Also the Children can turn into Wolves it gave me wierd Twilight vibes and i think the story is a little disgusting and wierd. sry but this Anime is full of Perverdet sh**t
May 6, 2023 7:22 PM
May 2021
i honestly didn't like it that much, which is disappointing considering the score and how highly everyone talks of it. i enjoyed it somewhat in the beginning, but there were just lots of little things that didn't make sense or that just bugged me.

the two biggest things being yuki forcing herself to "fit in" and rejecting her wolf side when she so clearly loved it as a child. the other big thing was ame just up and leaving?? putting aside the fact that he was still a literal child, he could have at least talked to his mother about what he was feeling and what he wanted to do. im sure hana would've heard him out if he had just talked to her, as we saw throughout the movie that she just wants what's best for her children. i think she at least deserved that much. and he doesn't even go to visit her either.

overall it was just about average for me, maybe a little above. i wouldn't go out of my way to rewatch it, but if it was put on i would watch it.
My 2023 candies:
May 14, 2023 7:43 PM
Aug 2022
Finally watched this movie.
I was waiting for Mother's Day to watch this movie and finally watched it on Mother's Day.

Movie was really fantastic.
The direction was phenomenal by Mamoru Hosoda and the animation was 🔥 and the music by Masakatsu Takagi was chef's kiss and voice acting was so fantastic.

It was a character driven plot and the characters were really top class.
Loved how they were fleshed out so flawlessly.

And, I was grateful how they showed the hardships of the Motherhood and how world is really on cruel on Single Mothers.
Like how 2 year child is supposed to be disciplined, bullshit.

Best thing in the movie was the use of Silence with only music.
It was so mesmerizing.

But, the best was the end.
Cause, finally it didn't meet a tragic end.
I was really glad that it was not a tragic end.

A Masterpiece for me.
Jun 19, 2023 4:15 PM
Jun 2023
I can't describe how beautiful this movie is, its a must watch for anyone. It is a great story about mothers and growing up.
Jun 21, 2023 3:47 PM

Aug 2019
>find out the man you love is a wolf
>sex
:D

it was a good movie. often had no clue what ame was thinking which annoyed me a bit though it fits very well with his character. also when yuki "came out" to souhei why did she open the window :D? confused me greatly it kind of ruined the scene. in general the characters annoyed and confused me a lot.

i also wish it would have told more in the future to what happened to them. when is yukis narration of this even taking place in? from the "she still lives in that house in the mountains" youd think a long time has passed yet she also says that "a year after that i moved out" making it seem like about as the moments shown there is when this narration is happening. did yuki and souhei become a couple?
im possibly thinking too much about the unnecessary things :DD

the art looked odd at times but generally good. though the cgi hasnt aged the best.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2023 12:44 PM
Jun 2021
BEAUTIFUL MOVIE!!

loved the animation, story, the love between the characters, hana and her husband(the werewolf or wolfman) and their kids AME AND YUKI!!

the love hana had for the wolf man and he had for her is INCREDIBLE!! i tore up at the scene when she found him dead in that river and was calling for the people to not take him away but she couldnt do anything cuz then people would ask her why shes caring for a wolf so much :') MY HEART FELT SO HEAVY! and when ame and yuki grow up and yuki decides to show her true half-wolf identity to sohei, and she went to live in those dorms for some years, and ame decides to continue the rest of his life as a wolf in the moutains, i couldn't imagine how hana took all that, AND STILL SMILED SO BRIGHTLY REMEMBERING "HIM"!!! she let the two choose their own path and live happily while being there for them!! GOD IM IN LOVE WITH THIS LIVE STORY+ THE MOTHER CHILDREN BOND

the part after their dad dies and hana takes care of the two and they start growing up was very enjoyable to watch XD i know its all fiction but im glad to have watched it and experienced it

AND THE SONG THAT PLAYS AT THE END WITH THOSE LYRICS!!!
BEAAAUUUUUTIFUUULLLL
Aug 6, 2023 7:50 PM
Jul 2017
goated asf :)))))))))
Nov 2, 2023 6:54 AM
Sep 2023
wholesome til the very end
Dec 7, 2023 5:19 PM

Dec 2022
One of the more dull and insipid movies I've seen, with very little to offer besides the half-wolf gimmick of the kids. Hana was immediately attached to the wolfman for no apparent reason, and knew him for about five minutes before deciding to have sex with him, despite the nonexistent romance going on between them. Said wolfman also changed from emotionless to a normal nice dude within a single scene, once again with no apparent reasoning behind it other than this movie's unbalanced pacing in its rush to kill him off. How he managed to inexplicably die as an experienced adult wolf when even his immature and inexperienced kids could fight animals as dangerous as wild boar is absurd.

Ame went from a reclusive coward to a courageous hunter overnight for no discernible reason, and was completely uninjured after falling into freezing rapids and violently slamming the back of his head against a boulder. This was apparently before Ame found "Sensei" and became fond of living in the wild, so where did his sudden confidence come from? Yuki was obnoxious throughout, with her only defining characteristic being that she's outgoing. Nirasaki, Souhei and Shino didn't seem to exist for any reason besides being friends of the protagonists and taking up screentime. As for Hana, she was just a normal caring mother, and her sole purpose was to act as the perspective lead for what were probably intended to be the emotional moments in the movie, of which there were surprisingly little. What is the point in including drama at all if there is no effort into giving it purpose? Just make it a slice of life anime with no stakes at this rate.

There's no lingering feelings, grudges, follow-ups to conflict, or any sort of point to anything that happens in this movie. Every time there was potential for a plot point or detail to immerse the viewer in the mentalities of the characters, it's never mentioned again. At no point do we ever get a window into the psychology of anyone in the movie, as if all of their motives are driven by nothing more than whatever their first passing, impulsive whim is.

Shaded Horizon

Dec 10, 2023 8:24 PM
Jul 2019
Just watch it you wouldn't regret the time spent.
Dec 24, 2023 4:07 AM

Nov 2018
Beautiful movie.
Stunning and soothing visuals.
Countryside theme is just best.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Apr 13, 4:07 PM

Jan 2021
Ah this was warm and sweet. The struggles of a single mother raising two kids that did not fit into society. Living a slow farm life cultivating crops and trying their best to lead a happy life. Honestly, it was a wonderful film. Furry sex scene and Ame being ungrateful might have left a bad taste for some but its understandable. I do wish for a longer ending where we got to see Yuki and Suhei more cause that ship was sailing.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

» The werewolf is just a metaphor?

Dokisensei - May 15

4 by gandhimahatma »»
May 16, 6:29 AM

» I hate ame

luksthefool - Mar 19

12 by Zarutaku »»
May 16, 1:35 AM

Poll: » what do you think of the end & Ame`s action ? ( 1 2 )

KaGi-13 - Apr 21, 2013

92 by KURAIKEN63 »»
Nov 23, 2023 1:58 AM

» Ame is loved that much?! really?!

aku_mado - Jul 3, 2022

20 by MichaelJackson »»
May 4, 2023 2:36 AM

» This anime is really weird

AunixHOT - Oct 8, 2021

33 by aku_mado »»
Jul 3, 2022 10:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.