Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 9, 2008 8:58 PM

Jan 2008
This show blew me away for a first episode. A lot happened in this episode. Hopefully, it will continue or more accelerating episodes to come.

Graphics and sounds were great. I like the music tracks during fights.
Oct 9, 2008 9:43 PM

Mar 2008
Since everyone I know has been hyping this episode like there's no tomorrow, I was pretty skeptical at first. Show reminded me of Elfen Lied (which is bad), and of Mai-HiME (possibly worse) but mostly because of the biker girl with purple hair named K(as)uga Natsuki. :P Seriously, was het entire character supposed to be a reference or something?

Anyway, I still had no hard time watching the rest because of the excellent production values and notable soundtrack, and then came the ending. Yeah, that was pretty cool. Like, pretty much the coolest ending to a first episode I've seen in years. Now let's hope this doesn't turn into Elfen-HiME after all and this will become one of my favourites this season.
Oct 9, 2008 10:13 PM

Jun 2007
That was an amazing first episode. It literally left me speechless at the end. I don't know weather to believe that the main guy character will still be alive or not in the next episode. The way it was all put together was amazing.
Oct 9, 2008 10:58 PM

Sep 2008
oh my, that was like the best 1st episode ever, and the end, with the sound of the water falling after seeing how the male character died, oh my, it gave me goosebumps.
Oct 9, 2008 11:43 PM

Jul 2007
I wasn't really interested in the whole spirits, special division thing. It was alright, but I laughed at the giant flaming turtle. The action was pretty good, but it felt dragged out. Sure, there is more foreshadowing here and there then you can shake a stick at, but not the foreshadowing I'm usually interested in. I was about to stop the show after the whole coffee scene, but once that arm was cut off...It grabbed my attention. I'm not one for mindfucks, especially after having it already done once in the day, but I gotta say...I enjoyed it.

The art direction was amazing, the soundtrack was awesome, but that alone isn't enough to get me interested. I guess it felt more like a one shot anime OVA then the start of a series...I'm still not sure if I'm on board for the whole ride, so I'll give it a few more episodes. Looking at it now though...I get the feeling this was supposed to be like the last episode of the series, and now we'll be watching a flashback that will lead up to the exact moment in the end of the first episode. Unless we get a reset or something...I'll give it a 5 of 5 for the whole cast being killed by a school girl with a katana.
Oct 10, 2008 3:08 AM

Nov 2007
Holy shit wow. So much better than I thought! Very wtf-y lol. I like, will deff watch. :D

Might even check the manga out~ Do want: next ep.
Oct 10, 2008 4:29 AM

Jan 2008
Lolwut, they all died?? This is great!
Oct 10, 2008 5:54 AM

Feb 2007
Wow, that was the best first episode of the season so far. Then again, with the other anime I started this week, it wasn't a hard thing to do.

But still, production wise (other than the CG monsters), it was great, and while for the majority of the episode, the story seemed dull and the characters weren't being developed all that well, that ending would have cerntainly shocked us and given pretty much everybody some interest to check out the next episode.
Oct 10, 2008 6:14 AM

Apr 2008
I don't see why this is so popular already? O_O

Natsuki=Supar Hot
Motorcycle wheel combat=Teh Awesome.

And the protagonist looks more like Souta Aoi from Real Drive IMO. Even has the gloves.

CG kinda sucked.
IDK 'bout the deadness of the chars and all but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

jakunen said:
and the end, with the sound of the water falling after seeing how the male character died, oh my, it gave me goosebumps.
ohshi- I thought it was the fire burning. Much better than an ending theme.

I hope this doesn't get too popular though. >_>
wtfyourface said:
MistaCloudStrife said:
From 100-1000, how much do you love LWL?
OVER 9000!!!
Oct 10, 2008 1:02 PM

Sep 2007
begginin seemed a bit cheesypie but damn it all if the last moments didn kick that in the face
Ah cheese, the devil's play thing.

Oct 10, 2008 6:34 PM

Aug 2008
O_O I had comments for the 1st half..... but the end blew me the f away! G.I.T.S. meets Ghostbusters? the hell w/ that, u need a cast to make that comparison seriously whoa
Oct 10, 2008 10:35 PM

Aug 2008
there must be some kind of twist here yes? i can't figure how the anime will function with all the characters dying in the first episode! it was great though, hope the anime hasn't shot its wad at the very start. can't wait for it to continue.

but damn did the subtitiles suck, they were so small i had to almost squint to be able to read them, made it real hard to also pay attention to what was going on in the anime as well. hope they are just a tad bigger come episode 2.
Oct 10, 2008 10:36 PM

Aug 2008
It gives me a very very good impression..
I never thought that the 1st ep would be this good..
Anyway, 5/5...but...everyone is dead?
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Oct 11, 2008 7:52 AM

Oct 2007
wtf is all i can say
Oct 11, 2008 10:09 AM

Oct 2008
Now that was a nice little mindfuck, first episode made a good impression on me.
Oct 11, 2008 10:35 AM

Aug 2008
Am I the only one who thinks the bad guy (aka butterfly guy) looks so similar to Mayuri from Suteki Tantei Labyrinth?

By the way, I really enjoyed this episode, the soundtrack is awesome and I'm used to first episodes which leave you like: WTF? (see Gintama or Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou: Tou for example), so I think I'll watch it till the end!
Oct 11, 2008 11:32 AM
Sep 2008
Really, it depends on the second episode if this anime is good or not. If they create a great transition from that point where everyone died, then that would be good, but if they totally blow it, it's gonna suck hard.
Oct 11, 2008 11:42 AM

May 2008
Liked the episode a lot, but reading the synopsis on MAL I keep thinking I watched an entirely different show. Can anyone fill me in on whats going on?
Oct 11, 2008 2:47 PM

Mar 2008
Nezerchin said:
Liked the episode a lot, but reading the synopsis on MAL I keep thinking I watched an entirely different show. Can anyone fill me in on whats going on?

From here on out, it's all Mai-HiME. That's what.
Oct 11, 2008 4:48 PM

Oct 2007
wth... i thought this was going to be the cast... then everyone dies... lol
Oct 11, 2008 5:00 PM

Jul 2008
i love this anime now!i hated how the b level monster looked like though. seriously, vomit.

still, looks like there will be some more good anime to watch this fall~~!

Oct 11, 2008 5:23 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
the first episode is messed up.

It has completely different plot and characters from the manga as far as I know...

messed up is all i can say...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 11, 2008 5:50 PM
Sep 2006
Wow.... splendid episode.

Uhm..... the Kashu thing. King Dodongo anyone? xD;
Oct 11, 2008 5:52 PM

Jul 2008
so is everyone else thinking that its going to go into the past now and show us how everything started?
Oct 11, 2008 6:07 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Sugoi-otaku said:
so is everyone else thinking that its going to go into the past now and show us how everything started?

I was thinking about that possibility. A bit too lame for an anime with such an impressive first episode though. Guess we gotta wait and see.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 11, 2008 7:24 PM

Feb 2008
Firstly, ugly CGI dinosaur ghost thing lol

Secondly, all the characters went bye bye in the end? Okey doke? Nonetheless, it was a strong, solid first episode.
Oct 12, 2008 6:56 PM

Oct 2007
Big CG monster thingy looked like shit, but other than that I don't really have any complaints. It was decent overall, and the ending I will say was good. This could turn out pretty cool.

Oct 13, 2008 12:06 AM

Jun 2007
this was impressive, to say the least.
i was amazed. i didn't expect too much out of it, but it definitely looked awesome (great animation, great art, great music, though, the story is a little questionable IMO)
even if the story seemed a little different from what i was expecting, it was still very interesting, and i liked it.
the action scenes were pretty cool, i liked the bike scene, and the bullets going all slow mo.
i like the premise of the supernatural attacking, and a bunch of people (or rather, like an army) trying to destroy them with technology.
i found natsuki rather cute.
the BGM was really good, i loved it.
strategic win FTW
and just when i thought everybody survived safe..... the disaster happened... really, my mind was blown away, i never thought i would see main characters die (really die) in a first episode (unless they are not really main)
natsuki was really cute
and really, the story seems to be good... i just found the ending of the episode really... weird.... for a first episode. but the girl in the seifuku looked cute.... until she slashed that guy who looks like hei's throat.
and no preview... they make me suffer xD
its a keeper.
Oct 13, 2008 6:02 AM

Aug 2007
So Yeah it starts as exorcism of spirits and stuff ends up at bloody censored scenes with gore and the cast killed... What next?
Oct 13, 2008 6:13 AM

Feb 2008
Sugoi-otaku said:

Yeah, I'm starting to think that is what will happen. Don't really like it, though. Still, this first episode was great!
Oct 13, 2008 11:56 PM

May 2008
At first, I was thinking it was a failure of an adaption, but I gave it another chance and it appealed to me.

I seriously hope the next few episodes will transition to the manga, but I highly thought it.
Oct 14, 2008 1:11 AM

Nov 2007
havnt read the manga but i was left stunned after just watching this. cant wait to see the uncensored version.
Oct 14, 2008 2:14 AM

Jul 2007
Doujo got taller!

anyway, I liked this. Definitely piqued my curiosity.. and I loved the music too.
Oct 14, 2008 12:12 PM

Apr 2007
oh man, that was epic. looking forward for more.

also, lol @ natsuki with a bike.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Oct 14, 2008 5:20 PM

May 2007
What the fuck just happened!?

Gah, did they have to kill off Natsuki? Hot girl riding a motorcycle. C'mon!
Oct 14, 2008 5:44 PM

May 2008
Read the manga.

If this show follows it expect another Bleach clone.
Oct 14, 2008 9:44 PM

Jul 2008
OGM FREAKING GOD UNCENSORED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!! NATUSKI'S HEAD FALLS OFFFFFF!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!

angel999Oct 15, 2008 9:25 AM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 15, 2008 3:15 PM

Oct 2007
Flibbertigibbet said:
Hooray for lack of spoiler tags in first post =D I got to know the ending of this episode before I watched it yay.

why would you come to an episode one discussion where the obvious intent is to discuss the happenings of episode one before seeing it o.0...
Oct 16, 2008 6:55 AM

Feb 2008
Yeah the uncensored is out now ^^

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 16, 2008 9:10 AM

May 2007
angel999 said:
OGM FREAKING GOD UNCENSORED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!! NATUSKI'S HEAD FALLS OFFFFFF!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!

Yay, uncensored version ^.^

Oct 16, 2008 11:51 AM

Jun 2008
What's with this episode, they all died :( ?

I hope there will be a better way to fight those monsters - not only using water and bullets, it sucks. I was hoping for a better action, those monster could be sliced with sword - that would be something, not just shooting. Anyway, one girl killed them all like babies XD

Wait to see what's going to happen in episode 2, maybe they will revive or something...
Oct 17, 2008 6:02 PM

Feb 2008
noteDhero said:
I was totally onboard, bad art direction for cg creatures and all, until the last 5 minutes. What was that? Someone please tell me. Is it a good thing to leave a viewer confused after the first episode, with no preview to get your bearings?

Answer: YES, it is! ^^

Shows which actually surprise me in a way like this one did right at the first episode, are heading straight towards my "favorite list". Until the end I considered the show as "quite decent", but the finish did make me literally "stand up". Looking forward to more....
Oct 18, 2008 10:38 AM

Dec 2007
The uncensored version was AWESOMEEE O_O
Oct 19, 2008 12:09 PM
Sep 2008
sabermetrics said:
that was actually pretty good! the main guy kinda reminds me of the main character from darker than black...

haha yeah me too! :)
Oct 19, 2008 1:29 PM
Mar 2008
I thought the censored version had a darker feel at the end and the uncensored gave a bigger impact cause you can see clearly everything. Cool ball clenching end.
Oct 20, 2008 7:21 AM

Aug 2008
Okay, so it took me quite some time to go at it and start watching this, cause usually i'm not into this kind of anime (demons,blood,dismembering,etc). It was exciting but generally average and full of clichés, but the last 3 minutes put my nervous system in shock! I mean WOW! What a twist! That 3 minutes put this show on my top priority list. Hope this won't turn out to be another Blassreiter where everyone dies at least two times, lol!

Too bad I had the censored version, so I'll just watch this again.
Oct 21, 2008 4:13 PM

Oct 2007
I don't like the CGI.-_- The "Casshern" monster was stollen from the Zelda series. Copyrights for the lose.^^

I will have to watch some more episodes to give it a go or no.
SchabrakOct 21, 2008 4:17 PM
^_^ ^_^
Oct 21, 2008 11:42 PM

Sep 2007
Not too bad for a first episode...the music was fitting and mixed in well. However, the monster designs were a bit of a disappointment...however the rest of the episode was actually surprisingly good for a gore/horror/demons anime. In the end I thought it was ok...and warranted me watching another episode. I liked the ending and assume that new characters will be introduced following a new storyline. I haven't read the manga so I can't say whether or not it will follow the manga or not...but we will see I guess lol.
Oct 27, 2008 1:04 AM
Sep 2008
i think it was ok
but the music was really good
Oct 30, 2008 10:30 PM

Aug 2008
It was pretty nice but the ending threw me off.

Also, the uncensored version was pretty disturbing... I didn't even know that kind of stuff was going on. I thought everyone just died, but I didn't know it was that brutal...

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

slayer545-sama - Dec 21, 2008

326 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 6:53 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 14, 2008

76 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 6:04 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Dec 8, 2008

107 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 5:29 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 30, 2008

93 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 5:04 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ternalnodorei - Nov 23, 2008

150 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.