Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 16, 2012 12:08 AM

Aug 2011
I especially enjoyed that part where Houtarou was looking through Chitanda's cosplay photos ^^
Jul 16, 2012 12:08 AM

Nov 2007
Kurini said:

Question: What's a GO club?

Go is a game played with stones in a board. More info here.

Enjoyed the episode. Both Chitanda and Oreki blushing over photographs alone made the episode all too awesome for me! Plus the new OP is wonderful too!

And Mayaka needs more screen time. I think I have fallen in love with her innocence! <3
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 16, 2012 12:15 AM

Jan 2011

Well shit. Character development?
[center]
Jul 16, 2012 12:29 AM
Jul 2012
As always, Oreki's sister must be playing a big role (the thief ?).
Jul 16, 2012 12:43 AM

Apr 2012
Han-Kwen said:
I really like the attention to detail this anime adds. The fortune telling hut could have been really simple to do but the objects and the lighting was brilliant and realistic. You can feel that it was an amateur's attempt at fortune telling but the mysterious atmosphere is still there.

There are many other areas where they give this treatment but Mayaka's room caught my attention. There is so much you can see in this room and it is filled with books, posters and stuff animals. The detail is amazing and many objects are unique. I also love the music that goes along with it.

Hyouka hasn't been exciting, however, I will watch this to the end because it has beautiful animation and atmosphere.

Hyouka also doesn't forget the references it makes within the story. In this episode, Chitanda is reunited with Toogaito, our brave smoker that Houtarou ripped to shreds in Episode 3. Irisu purposefully avoids contact with Chitanda. We also meet one of the other four wealthy farming family's child, the fortune telling girl.

Of course, not to forget all the other references, I liked how this episode decided to take into account all the details exposed in the 12th episode and run with them (e.g. Saturn Satoshi and Cosplaying Eru).

Xxmyah8945 said:

Seems we have several story lines developing unlike the last episode. So the broken pen from oreki's sister got him a backstage pass then in turn the pin on the pass got him a water gun, I wonder where this is heading. And now we have a thief mystery. First the apple juice from the choir, and now the wheel of ate card from the fortune telling club and go stones from the go club. Im thinking these story lines will converge, like the stuff will help oreki solve the thief mystery and that will attract people to the club and buy the anthology.

Chekhov's Gun is on the move!
Jul 16, 2012 12:49 AM

Nov 2008
Was it just me or was this episode filled with cute girls? (Not that it never is on a weekly basis!)

Eru sure has some interesting acquaintances.

poppei said:
As always, Oreki's sister must be playing a big role (the thief ?).

I'm also thinking that she might be the one behind this "mystery."

I hope she appears, I'm sure that she would be able to detect that Oreki is falling for Eru. That would be interesting to watch.
ClementIVJul 16, 2012 1:08 AM
Jul 16, 2012 1:11 AM
Nov 2011
New OP was great! I really enjoyed this episode, a lot better then the boring previous one. The beginning of a mystery, but not a whole lot about it, it was mostly just a filler character episode, but it was fun.
Jul 16, 2012 1:20 AM

May 2010
Mayaka standing up to her senpai was awesome, knew it was gonna happen she was sp stuck up, Satoshi was genius best way to advertising, in a blue suit with saten of your head lol, as for Chitanda well... she just Chitanda be all airheadish and those photo >.< while Oreki does nothing again, well..... not nothing if you count look at the photos haha.
Jul 16, 2012 1:59 AM
Jan 2011
Not bad... New OP sucks though.
Hmm, when will that old, mysterious Hyouka I knew be back?
I'm sad without cases to solve ;_;.
Jul 16, 2012 2:09 AM
Jun 2012
So the main mystery of the arc seems to be the club item thief. Last episode we saw one case, and here we have another two reported.

Choir club and apple juice,
Go club and go stones,
Occult club and a tarot card (wheel of fortune).

Is there a pattern here? I think we will need a lot more clues.
Jul 16, 2012 2:23 AM
Jun 2012
Cratex said:

Actually, I think Mayaka was set up. Did you note when she took that arrogant girl's bait and stood up to confront her - another girl int he corner of the scene got up and ran off. I think the sign was prepared in advance. They were baiting her.

Yes, I felt that when the sempai just started talking to no one in particular like that, and people glanced at Mayaka. The sign just confirms it.

Guess the club president was behind it, giving us another manipulative female leader in the show.

GarLogan78 said:
I kind of cringed watching Mayaka argue with her senpai in the Manga club. The argument just seemed really pointless.

The argument is possibly the single most done one in the art world, and has been going on since ancient times. Mayaka is taking the faith based side, one that is associated with young and idealistic people.
Jul 16, 2012 2:32 AM

Nov 2011
Quizmaster girl, I think I love you.
Jul 16, 2012 3:11 AM

Oct 2011
I love this arc! And houtarou blushing was too cute >< and ofcourse Eru too!
I loved the details in Mayaka's room :D

4/5
Jul 16, 2012 3:12 AM
Nov 2011
The quiz part was fun.
Jul 16, 2012 3:24 AM

Aug 2009
HNNNNGH That was so fluffeh, Oreki/Chitanda! Woohoo!
I want more Mayaka, I want more Mayaka and I want more Mayaka & Satoshi.
Jul 16, 2012 3:31 AM
Jan 2012
This ep is hilarious!! although I'm a bit disappointed that 'Yasashisa no Riyuu' is retired from being the OP... T_T
Jul 16, 2012 4:30 AM

Mar 2011
Houtarou should just take those photos for himself lol
Jul 16, 2012 5:23 AM
Oct 2011
New mystery to solve~ YOSH~
Jul 16, 2012 6:07 AM

Jul 2012
あ a
apple juice from a cappella club.

い i
ishi ( stone ) from Igo club. Japanese people don't use a word “Go club”. “Igo club” is used.

う u
“Unmei no wa” from Uranai club. “Wheel of Fortune” from Fortune telling club.

We have to know .... 十文字( jyumonji or Jyumoji) has two meanings.
One is a family name. (Kaho's) and the other is “ten letters”.
十 ... ten 文字.... letters
stargazer2893Jul 16, 2012 11:02 AM
Jul 16, 2012 6:38 AM
Mar 2012
stargazer2893 said:
十文字( jyumonji or Jyumoji)

so the thief is challenging Kotenbu? since 'Ko' is the 10th Japanese alphabet.
And Kotenbu's the last club in the flyer's club listing, where the thief left open. Maybe it's an advertising attempt by said 'thief'?
Jul 16, 2012 7:09 AM
Jan 2011

This probably the only time, that I can say "CHITANDA KAWAII!!!!!"
Nasty001Jul 16, 2012 7:15 AM
Jul 16, 2012 7:20 AM

Nov 2010
This was playfully good again
Jul 16, 2012 7:40 AM

Feb 2010
Uhm kinda boring... at least it was better than last one. I mean i don't really care about mayaka issue with the other idiot girl, the whole discussion is pointless, why did no other girl said something about it? cowards.
Jul 16, 2012 8:07 AM
Oct 2011
awesome!
Hi, I am Daniel
Jul 16, 2012 8:24 AM

Jul 2009
The first half wasn't that interesting, but I enjoyed seeing Satoshi in that quiz thingy!
The second half got better, the whole episode was okay I guess.

Oreki looking at Chitanda's photos... :3
Jul 16, 2012 8:32 AM

Nov 2009
I'm surprise that some people here don't know that the whole agument beteen Mayaka and her sempai is a set up........

- At 16.36 Club president get up and goes to post a poster along with Sempai "Just as planned" face LOL
- Girl at war poster at 19.21

This scene is very well done, actually.
Jul 16, 2012 8:34 AM

Jul 2012
gophercg said:
stargazer2893 said:
十文字( jyumonji or Jyumoji)

so the thief is challenging Kotenbu? since 'Ko' is the 10th Japanese alphabet.
And Kotenbu's the last club in the flyer's club listing, where the thief left open. Maybe it's an advertising attempt by said 'thief'?

Hyouka is a mystery, so this case may be “stolen case”, I think.
I think(hope) the thief may be Togaichi or somebody in Wall-newspaper club.
Jul 16, 2012 8:38 AM

Jul 2011
MOAR CHITANDA x HOUTAROU!
Jul 16, 2012 8:43 AM

Feb 2010
Marina2 said:
I'm surprise that some people here don't know that the whole agument beteen Mayaka and her sempai is a set up........

- At 16.36 Club president get up and goes to post a poster along with Sempai "Just as planned" face LOL
- Girl at war poster at 19.21

This scene is very well done, actually.

To me it just seems that the president just took the oportunity to bring more people, but i guess we will see.
Jul 16, 2012 9:02 AM

May 2012
loved the new op! it's so oreki-ish. though I can't say it's better than the first op.
the ed is so AWESOME!!

and ep 13 is kinda cute too :D can't wait for the next ep, and Oreki solving the case of the missing "things". And also, oreki's curiosity is <3. He got so nervous when Chitanda asked him about the pics. Awkward. Pure win XD
I'm probably what you call a programmer. And a procastinator. And a stalker. You can't hide from me.
Jul 16, 2012 11:26 AM

Jan 2012
stargazer2893 said:
あ a

い i
ishi ( stone ) from Igo club. Japanese people don't use a word “Go club”. “Igo club” is used.

う u

十 ... ten 文字.... letters

I heard that and as soon as i did.......That jungle board game came to mind....No joke...XD

I actually figured the thing with Mayaka was planned too. I think Mayaka knew what the girl was doing too. At least that's what i got from the subs. Either way, i didn't notice that the "Girls at War" thing was for the manga club until someone on this thread mentioned it haha.

Oreki's situation he keeps getting put through while sitting there kinda reminds me of the red paper clip....He keeps trading seemingly useless objects for random items. Although i think the number is more useful than the toy gun....But we haven't seen what he'll be trading the gun in for yet though....
Jul 16, 2012 11:58 AM

Jul 2010
Chitanda found out about Oreki seeing her cosplay photos. xD

I'm still a bit confused what the whole fight in the Manga society was about. Well, I know what it was about, but why was she smirking and just deliberately baiting Mayaka like that?

Jul 16, 2012 12:48 PM

Sep 2010
Yvese said:

Also did anyone else notice the black haired girl that looks like Tsumugi from K-ON!?

Nice touch there by KyoAni lol.

Noticed that too, and seems that the other one is Yui. :P Nice ep, we got some OrekixChitanda teasing so they better give us more OrekixChitanda. :D The new OP is funny. Can't get enough of Chitanda, so cute.
Jul 16, 2012 1:19 PM

Jul 2008
Ahri said:
stargazer2893 said:
あ a

い i

う u

十 ... ten 文字.... letters

I heard that and as soon as i did.......That jungle board game came to mind....No joke...XD

Same lol. I was expecting the music to start up XD
Jul 16, 2012 1:23 PM

Jun 2010
I like the previous OP better, I think. The beginning is the weakest - I feel like the OP for a quiet, slow-paced show should start just a bit louder. Just like this:

"Quiet slice of life, quiet slice of life, quiet slice- OPENING, YOU ARE NOW EXCITED BECAUSE THE NEW EPISODE OF THE SHOW STARTS, YEAH! -of life, quiet slice of life..."

Not like:

"Quiet slice of life, quiet slice of life, quiet slice- hey, who turned off the volume... Ah, the opening began... Well... Okay... Now back to the quiet slice of life..."

But we got visually better ED though. Yes, I think I like the previous ED music a bit more, though the I-think-it-was-supposed-to-be fanservice was just so out of place...

Little Mayaka was all Kininarimasu! when reading that manga, so adorable. And who would think that just seeing her room could made me like her about ten times more for some reason.
Jul 16, 2012 1:36 PM
Aug 2011
Oreki should have gone and make photocopies of those pictures.
Jul 16, 2012 2:04 PM

Jun 2009
Like the festival so far, it has a nice feeling in it, makes me lightened up after the ep finishes. Ibara, Ganbare~
New OP is cool, though really liked the previous one, specially the music. I think this one is nice too. (...the last part :P)

Jul 16, 2012 2:15 PM

Apr 2012
Obstinate said:
itsok2bu said:
In the previous episode the Apple Juice was missing, now we learn a bunch of other things are going missing all across the festival... and also at Mayaka's house.

Oreki trades the clip from the backstage pass for a sidearm. I wonder what he will trade next?

lol, and then he ends up trading things until he gets a house like in that story a couple years back.

The red paperclip story? I was thinking about the same thing
Jul 16, 2012 3:05 PM

Jul 2011
Ooh, a new OP. I can't say I like it more than the first, but I suppose it's alright.
Jul 16, 2012 3:27 PM

Feb 2009
Love the new opening. Something is building up little by little, the mystery about the thefts.
Jul 16, 2012 3:51 PM

Mar 2012
OMG Chitanda Eru's blushing expression..*Nosebleed*
Keep moving forward
Jul 16, 2012 4:19 PM

Dec 2011
Can someone explain Mayaka's debate and who's on whose side?
Jul 16, 2012 5:07 PM

Dec 2009
The weird debate drama felt a bit dumb, but otherwise I had a smile on my face the whole time :D
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jul 16, 2012 6:41 PM

Sep 2008
It seems like Mayaka and her Sempai are the only ones that are really in conflict with each other. The Sempai got her way having the club cosplay and Mayaka got her way writing the Manga review book. All the rest of the club members are just trying to stay out of their way. Except for the club president, of course, who is using their clash of personalities for promotional purpose. "Priestess vs. the sexless being." Very funny.

Because of the pen Oreki was give at the start of the arc, I get the feeling his Sister must be behind the mystery of the stolen items. Somehow the way he is trading things up is going to dovetail into the items that have been stolen, and when Oreki solves the mystery, it will end up promoting the Classics Club. But none of that that will happen until Chitanda admits she is curious about it. She's holding it in because she doesn't want to distract the club from selling their annual.

Jul 16, 2012 7:03 PM

Feb 2012
Still watching...

I like the new OP and lol'd at the Oreki's face xD
Jul 16, 2012 7:12 PM

Nov 2008
Oreki x Chitanda are so freaking adorable!! By the end of this show they better end up together : )
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jul 16, 2012 7:36 PM

Jan 2012
SephiriAzure said:
Oreki x Chitanda are so freaking adorable!! By the end of this show they better end up together : )

This. Very much this :D.
Jul 16, 2012 7:43 PM

Apr 2011
Eru-chan in Maid outfit. HNNNGGG!!!
Jul 16, 2012 8:30 PM

Jul 2011
I don't know why, but I really liked this episode. Loved when Chitanda Caught Oreki looking at her pics.
Jul 16, 2012 8:57 PM

Oct 2010
Mayaka is cute to a new level
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2012

267 by Miedori »»
May 4, 10:12 AM

» No romance here

YuniVT - Mar 10

26 by KitsuFrost »»
Apr 28, 4:21 AM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 5, 2012

185 by Dasfonia »»
Apr 16, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 6, 2012

267 by Cammell »»
Apr 8, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 22, 2012

491 by Prosper20 »»
Apr 5, 7:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.