Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 18, 2013 7:51 AM
Aug 2012
what a good start to this season. looks cleaner, done better overall. I like how this series has slowly transitioned into having endings that are more messed up rather than the whole bad-guy-goes-to-hell deal that we got a lot of in the first season.

Also, after two seasons, I don't know why I'm noticing this now but I think there is some sort of connection between the fact that the string people pull is red and the legend/tale of the red string of fate. the latter concerns love, saying that two people are bound together by an invisible red string that is attached to each person's pinky finger. In jigoku shoujo, people remove/pull a red string out of hatred, the opposite of love. ironically, this binds the puller and the pullee together because they are both bound for hell. both the legend and the concept of pulling the string in the anime share common ground in binding people together, but for different reasons. Also, in the ed, this idea is present when we get the image of the schoolgirl and Ai attached to each other with a red string by hand (presumingly the pinky finger). I'm not totally sure what this means overall but I'm certain there is a purpose for the obvious link.
Dec 4, 2013 4:32 PM

Jun 2012
well it starts really great i like how she comes back and the art looks better can't wait to see next episode i also got to admit the sound they use is much better. wondering who this other kid is but well find out eventually.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
May 17, 2014 9:50 AM

Jul 2012
Talk about a stupid girl, there all freaking idiot's in this series only because she can't have her own way and thought of him as a bad teacher
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Jul 4, 2014 10:36 AM

Jan 2014
At least the ridicoulousness of the characters' minds towards the end of last season was justified and purely wanted and functional to the build-up, but this..
This was pretty crappy.

That girl was an idiot, Jigoku Tsushiin really is something that has to be eradicated.

But why would Enma need a body to return to do the Jigoku stuff? She seems to be fine without it, from what I've seen.
This seems too much similar to the first series, when Tsugumi was seeing Enma.
This girl cannot surpass Tsugumi. I miss her.

And why Kikuri and the gang returned to do that stuff like nothing happened? Kikuri was the one who punished Enma sending her to Hell, now she's siding with her?

And who's the new guy? Explanations please.

I've a bad feeling about this show, the director even changed.
I don't like the new OP, it's not the show's style, the ED's ok.
NostalgiaDrive94Jul 4, 2014 10:41 AM
Oct 21, 2014 10:23 PM

Nov 2013
They sure changed a lot from the first two seasons.

Wish the new character would have got a better introduction I don't even remember the kid's damn name!

That yuri bathtub scene gave me a nice erection.

The punishment scenes have sure gotten more mindfucky. The music, thankfully is just as badass as the first two seasons.

Those visuals were pretty fucking freaky. That was some End of Evangelion shit.

That sexy Ren. Still manages to make me moist even moreso in 720p. Mmm mmm mmm.

Onna was also fucking hot. I'd totally bang her.

The fanservice has definitely been toned up from the previous seasons.

Overall good episode. Though I'm confused why Ai was able to have a body of her own after taking control of that girl.

The OP is good though I wish they would have got SNoW to do the OP again like the first two seasons. I've gotten so used to hearing SNoW during the Jigoku Shoujo openings.

The ED was just average. Probably won't be watching it again.
FunnyRatmanOct 21, 2014 10:28 PM

Oct 4, 2015 1:33 PM

Aug 2014
Wouldn't it be really sweet if she never found a job? Damn little shit.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
May 7, 2016 1:25 PM

Feb 2015
Nice first ep though, visuals seems to have improved a bit which is always nice.

Okay, Ai's first appearance... a lewd scene, second... a yuri scene... this is defo going to be an interesting season.

Soo... 1?... 2?... new characters? I know the new member of the hell gang is one but is the girl Ai came inside one? Well if she is, she's got a soothing voice so I can work on that... just... just dont turn into a Hajime.

Glad Kikuri is still in this season, looking forward to her interactions with the gang especially Ai... and her, well, general evilness/adorableness.

The ferrying scene sounds abit off, i wonder if they changed the music.

Oh and beautiful op but sadly not one of the unskippable ones.
Oct 15, 2016 8:56 AM

Jun 2015
As I expected, the season starts with a school case. Each one of the three seasons starts with a school case. I felt sorry for the teacher. I had the feeling that he was a good one unlike that cunning teacher from the second season.

Ai has a new kimono yay
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Nov 20, 2016 8:58 AM

Aug 2014
ok but i hate the intro/outro
Xtina is my mother!
Apr 21, 2017 10:00 AM

Apr 2009
Why did Ai came back?

Who is that boy?

I prefer her kimono on season 1 and 2.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2017 8:28 AM

May 2015
Teacher get rekted. That girl was so stupid. New strawdoll is always nice. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 13, 2017 9:53 AM
Mar 2016
interesting episode, this season's gonna be different
Jul 29, 2017 10:45 AM

Dec 2014
where did the new kid come from
Nov 3, 2017 3:00 AM

Sep 2012
it has to sting hard that u send a good guy in to hell, that u did a mistake like that

angel999 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

*Mod edit*

bible is mane made up fairy tale book, for one god is spiritual being according to bible & so he can't make a human pregnant & that makes Jesus story a total BS, maybe if magic exists then it would be possible, but magic is also a fairy tale a fantasy so its 100% impossible

second adam & eve story if that is true that would make us products of incest & that mean god sees incest as normal thing that + that it also requiters magic & that makes adam & eve story & religion a total nonsense

its funny cause if i would take a fantasy story book about magic wizards unicorns & dragons & say it all exists its real cause my book says so i would be drown in insane-asylum, but religious ppl get free pass when they say they believe in fantasy cause their fantasy book says all that stuff in it exists & its real

i am telling u that cause sins u mentioned religious stuff, i can rarely resist when i see religious nonsense in forums & videos

& here a guy explains, gives good reasons why not to respect dumb beliefs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_5yUXjXizQ&t=6s
this guys show how dumb religion can make ppl, how they try to prove god exist & that their god is one true god & their arguments are so idiotic
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrZIJrn0gcLGDW2BfF_JuGg
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaFNs3ETMvkmy0JahAS6WJA
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbjw7dE_hxJT-VGLTqCjlJA
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqZMgLgGlYAWvSU8lZ9xiVg
i only linked their profiles u can pick videos to watch urself they have a lot videos debunking dumb religious ppl :), there are some pretty dumb among the smarter ones, also the religious ppl they debunk a lot of them are phasing none believers they are so bad & evil with no morals & bla bla bla, it makes me sick so i am glad yutubers like them exist who debunk religious ppl
Sugram22Nov 3, 2017 3:17 AM
Feb 9, 2018 12:28 AM

Oct 2015
That Itsuko hoe is one of the worst characters so far. Obnoxious drama queen.
Apr 2, 2018 8:01 PM
Jan 2014
Ai never seemed like the kind of person would possess someone else. That's just cruel and unfair.
Jun 9, 2019 8:37 PM

Jun 2017
Oh boy, the memories of this show is coming back to me slowly, it's been so long since I've first heard that opening song. Glad to see more of Ai, she's as beautiful as ever, and also a bit scary. Judging from how season 2 ended, I would wonder why she returned to being hell girl.. but things just took of, so more to come.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jan 31, 2021 6:47 AM

Mar 2019
Well, can't say I like that butterfly thing that feels like yuri. And also, I feel so bad for that teacherrrr, he was just trying to help.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 12, 2021 7:13 PM

Jul 2017
I already miss SNoW's openings for this series. This one just does not hit as the other two, not even close. ED was meh too. The episode itself was meh but I'm used to this level, just overly petty stuff resulting to being sent to the depths of hell and it was even a mistake for Itsuko too to make that move on her teacher like that.
Nov 29, 2021 7:30 AM
Nov 2021
I may have missed something but who is the boy?
Nov 12, 2022 7:32 PM
Dec 2017
this was a really stupid start

May 31, 2023 3:02 PM

Sep 2017
What's with this anime always having to shit itself when it reaches the peak? Shitty episode. I'm surprised it has a rating above 1
And of course the brain dead creator forgets his plot again, with the shithead cast torturing an innocent victim, dropping a steamy pile of shit on season 1.
خ
Jun 13, 2023 2:17 PM

Sep 2012
Fatephile said:
And of course the brain dead creator forgets his plot again, with the shithead cast torturing an innocent victim.
there is a reason for it and its tied to main plot
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» do you really believe that all thee victims deserved to go to hell

geekfreak17a - May 17, 2014

5 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 19, 2023 8:37 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 18 Discussion

guyklc - Feb 7, 2009

35 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 19, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 27, 2008

72 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 18, 2023 11:30 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 23 Discussion

guyklc - Mar 14, 2009

47 by patkarunungan »»
Nov 11, 2023 3:21 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beave - Mar 20, 2009

52 by Phobossus »»
Aug 26, 2023 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.