Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2012 4:34 AM

Jul 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
penguin san was hilarious in this episode :)
first the boot shaking next to the watermelon thinking to miss penko,then ihs head in the watermelon while talking to miss penko (shirokuma saying something be happy u bothxD)
then he eating hot ramnexD
then saying they are disorganized while they are eating the exact same wayxD

shirokuma was also very popular...as pandaXDD
and his sand sculptures*.* <3 he is a geniusxD

panda is just lazing off :)

this beach episode was really great ;)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2012 4:47 AM
Jan 2011
Yeah, I totally agree, this is one of the best episodes so far. It's just sad that nobody likes Penguin-san :c. Also new ending is great.
Jul 5, 2012 5:38 AM

Feb 2012
Was it just me or was panda extra cute this week?
Jul 5, 2012 6:13 AM

Feb 2009
Best episode yet. But why did they leave out Sasako-san in a beach episode D:
New ED is really nice. ZOOto ZOOto lol.
And next episode will air earlier than usual huh :P
Jul 5, 2012 3:59 PM

Jul 2010
That was hilaarious~~!! I just love Polar Bear Cafe, it's so wonderful and refreshing :)
Jul 5, 2012 4:31 PM

May 2011
Polar Bear was such a beautiful panda. xD I assumed he would become incredibly popular because of the craziness of it. Which I guess was kind of true, he's so talented! From golf to kayaking, he could wow just about anyone.

It was so strange seeing panda's real tiny eyes when he was masquerade as Polar Bear. I was hoping that part of the exchange would show off more. Although I guess Panda probably got tired of it soon after serving drinks. At least I'm glad he didn't actually try to be a Dream Panda. Hard to judge what were the best looks this episode for all of them, so many to choose from!

I liked the new ending. :)
basabeo said:
Was it just me or was panda extra cute this week?

I agree, he was super adorable. Loved his watermelon confession. But it was a good thing Penko wasn't actually there, he could have swordfished her through the heart. xD
Jul 5, 2012 11:01 PM

Jul 2010
belatkuro said:
But why did they leave out Sasako-san in a beach episode D:

Haha, they knew Sasako-san would look too sexy in a swim suit so they left her at the cafe to manage it.
Jul 6, 2012 3:55 AM

Dec 2009
Polar Bear posing as Panda was absolutely hilarious. This show is really getting better and better every week.
Ara ara.
Jul 8, 2012 6:38 AM

Jul 2011
I almost cried when I saw Panda dressed up as Polar Bear. Just thinking about it makes me blush like crazy and start smirking like a pedophile. But in all seriousness, that was so gosh darn cute.
Aug 4, 2012 5:33 PM

Mar 2010
Trading places was a really good idea, and it was very relaxing in the end :3
fishergirl16 said:
That was hilaarious~~!! I just love Polar Bear Cafe, it's so wonderful and refreshing :)
I strongly agree!~

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 14, 2012 5:12 PM

Jul 2012
Adorable episode like usual! 5/5
So heartwarming and beautiful.
Nov 11, 2014 6:17 AM

May 2012
Great beach episode I must say and lol the polar bear as panda :p
Sep 13, 2017 12:00 PM

Jul 2009
Ah this was a hilarious episode! Polar Bear as Panda was hilarious ... poor Panda is gonna have to do a LOT of "service" stuff when he gets back :P Panda as Polar Bear was hilarious too, but it's a shame we didn't get to see him in action lol :( The beach part was really good too, those sand sculptures were awesome and a nice relaxing ending :3 Well, except for oversleeping on the train I guess :P ED was pretty great, is that full-time Panda singing? :O Plus the "zoo-tto" pun ... too good XD Channeling his inner Polar Bear there lol :P
Jan 31, 2018 8:17 PM

Feb 2017
fiore777 said:
It was so strange seeing panda's real tiny eyes when he was masquerade as Polar Bear. I was hoping that part of the exchange would show off more. Although I guess Panda probably got tired of it soon after serving drinks.
Definitely the most striking part of the episode, especially since they don't even bother to add his real eyes when he has the black fur surrounding them. Polar Bear's antics at the zoo were the main content of the story, with Panda's side being nothing more than a finisher joke. Like you mentioned, we can probably fill in the rest of Panda's day...I feel bad for all the work Sasako would have to do just to keep the place running while Panda lazed around!
Feb 16, 2018 12:45 PM
Mar 2016
Service, service. That's my new motto for life.
Aug 29, 2022 6:18 AM
Jun 2021
The beach episode was fun!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shirokuma Cafe Episode 10 Discussion

greenmush - Jun 7, 2012

27 by tingy »»
Mar 5, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Shirokuma Cafe Episode 50 Discussion

HybridMBL - Mar 28, 2013

45 by nelcalb »»
Oct 27, 2023 3:21 PM

Poll: » Shirokuma Cafe Episode 7 Discussion

Eudaimonia - May 17, 2012

29 by tingy »»
Sep 27, 2023 4:47 PM

Poll: » Shirokuma Cafe Episode 5 Discussion

deex - May 3, 2012

29 by tingy »»
Sep 25, 2023 4:31 PM

Poll: » Shirokuma Cafe Episode 4 Discussion

gohdan - Jun 9, 2012

45 by tingy »»
Sep 24, 2023 12:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.