Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 5, 2012 7:13 AM

Jul 2010
nx6 said:
zensunni said:
tsubasalover said:
Not sure, but Urabe not wearing anything when sleeping? At least it looks like that in the beginning.

Yep, she sleeps in the nude.

Funny enough, while it's true she normally sleeps in the nude, if you go back the read the chapters this episode was based on she's wearing pajamas in the scene in the manga.

Yes, but

I give major consistency points to the anime writers and the director for recognizing how their adaptation choices impact even the finest details!

Yvese said:
Man, this show keeps getting better every ep.

Urabe's kawaii meter went up by over 9000 this ep! She's soooooo cute with her hair up.

Was also refreshing seeing the pantsu scissors again lol.

Looks like next ep will be very very interesting. Seeing how Urabe reacted to a photobook of someone that looked like her, I wonder how she'll react when Tsubaki's previous crush joins the class lol.

Can't wait!

It was nice to see the panty-scissors in action again! That points out how much she had mellowed about the whole touching thing, since the last couple of times he tried to hug her she avoided, but didn't shred anything. (The events of episode 8 standing separate from other events, since she invited the touching that time...)

I doubt that Hayakawa will be joining their class, as she is wearing her own school uniform in the previews, but she will certainly be around and causing trouble! :)
Jun 8, 2012 2:28 AM

May 2008
Thats alot of money man . So sad . Also lol at the preview. I want it sweet as honey !! ;D

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 8, 2012 11:58 PM

Jan 2012
She looks so cute with her hair up. Why does Tsubaki have to be a weirdo and like her old hairstyle more?>.< This show gets weirder every episode that passes;well, at least it's somewhat entertaining with it's approach and odd, but unique plot.
I'm curious of how this series will end. xD

...I wonder who the girl in the preview is. o.O
Jun 10, 2012 9:56 AM

Mar 2011
Urabe just cut up 3000 yen worth of paper, not cool. Imai Momoka is damn cute, too.
Jun 12, 2012 9:33 PM

Apr 2011
It would be nice if she do he hair like that from time to time.

Damn it Tsubaki.
Jun 25, 2012 5:56 PM

Sep 2008
What a bitch. ಠ_ಠ
There goes his money.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2012 6:08 PM

Sep 2011
Why did he tell her to change it back!? She was actually pretty cute!

I swear to god I thought the girl in the magazine was actually Urabe. Guess I was wrong. xD
Jul 5, 2012 8:29 AM

Jan 2012
hairstyle was cute, but tbh I too prefer the old hairstyle not sure why (maybe it's just my kinda thing)

i knew there was bad things to come once she asked him to pick out his favourite picture, don't mess with Urabe xD she's got some deadly skills with those scissors!
Aug 1, 2012 6:32 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
3000 yen cut up in a flash!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 19, 2012 11:02 PM
Aug 2012
I'm glad Urabe didn't keep the new style. I love bangs, hate ponytails on a girl. And that mew hairstyle didn't fit her personality at all.
Aug 27, 2012 8:21 PM

Nov 2011
Aw mann, I want to see her eyes more often!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Aug 30, 2012 6:39 PM

May 2012
Lol quite a nice episode quite cute with her new hair style! The Album of that idol was quite interesting that they looked alike that much! The ending was funny when she cut it up in to pieces :p
Sep 9, 2012 10:17 PM

Mar 2009
She should've continued with the new hairstyle.
Dec 25, 2012 5:27 AM

Jul 2011
- Urabe looks pretty with her new hairstyle

-Buying the photoAlbum was a foolish move but I don't blame him

-Messing up hair feels Good also for boys (Although to some boys it's a lil annoying)
Jun 20, 2013 4:01 AM

Jan 2013
3000 yen? Wut?
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jun 30, 2013 11:16 PM

Nov 2012
hmm.. just 1 new hairstyle of urabe.. and it is twintail.. kinda dissapointed cant see her in ponytail :p

btw I was think if the red segment is the imagination -_-

oh so there is an idol that looked like urabe? he.. but urabe is the winner.. the boobs is bigger than the idol :p
Jul 14, 2013 8:29 AM

Jun 2008
Cabron said:
3000 yen? Wut?

That's idols in Japan for you.

Also, maaaaaan, Urabe would make a great fighting game char

Jul 18, 2013 2:40 PM
Mar 2009
Well, it turns out that they are both willing to give up a lot for each other, eh?

Best line of the episode: "those two are into some weird stuff"

Both being jealous but getting closer because of it... nice...
Aug 5, 2013 10:31 PM

Jun 2012
Why is oka such a slut
Mar 22, 2014 7:47 PM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode :D

Yeah i got irritated when Tsubaki became more possessive which is understandably/

Still i wish she kept the new style, but the more i look at her old style, it fits her much better :)

And wow Urabe Jealous?? Wow :D

I was actually hoping she would actually be Momoko Imai and she's really an idol in disguise. But alas there's just some people who look like her XD

On to the next episode!!
Jul 8, 2014 4:41 AM

Oct 2013
another amazing episode
she did looking pretty dam cute with the little pig tails
I like how they get jealous of each other it's def adorable
I was waiting for him to let everyone know that it was his girlfriend when he was selling pictures of Urabe
I bet he almsot felt like he was dating the school idol when they said that she looked like her which prolly made him feel pretty alpha even though he didn't say anything
haha at her reaction to the idol album XD
I think we all saw that coming
anyways another great episode !!!
[/quote]
Mar 7, 2016 9:37 AM

Jul 2014
I like this show, but it would be so much better without Oka. I seriously hate her so much.
Nov 10, 2017 5:27 PM

Aug 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
Jealous Urabe was a win, cost Tsubaki 3000 yen tho :P

Yeow!

Loved it, Urabe handled that. Go girl!!
Feb 19, 2018 5:30 AM

Sep 2012
Oka: this2 are doing some kinky stuff

ME: look who's talking (kinkiest person of them all) lol

both equally possessive lol
at least that makes them understand each other better is they are both possessive even without the drool

rammsteingod said:
As soon as she asked which pic was is favorite, I actually yelled don't do it, its a trap, Lol.

yea it was way2 obvious what is going to happen next (that she will do that) lol

linchpin said:

I don't like jealousy and possessiveness in relationships though, why can't people get over such silly, unnecessary things...

cause ppl know that ppl change, one point ur GF/BF loves u & at one point she loves some1 else, some ppl want 100% certainty that their partner stays with them for life, but cause some of that type are relists they know it can change & that triggers possessiveness, if ur relist & some1 who wants 100% certainty u will become at least bit possessive

also why some ppl are possessive, there are praetors out there & no matter which side is the pray (u or ur Gf/Wife), the pray is usually 2bilnd until its 2late & ur relationship is broken by that praetor who just wanted u in hers/hes bed

& some become possessive cause they have gotten burned to meany times well some with few

also ppl who don't handle brake-ups well become possessive, by that i mean who take it more to heart, who are more hurt by it then ppl normally are, they don't want to relive that so they become possessive

if u find it Silly & unnecessary then ur either ferry strong or living perfect life where ur first love has stayed by u sins ferry long time & has never cheated on u, i in the other-hand understand this types of ppl despite that i never been in a relationship cause i am loner type like u see in anime's, sitting alone in school (being ignored), but i wish my school life would have been like that, i would have perfected being ignored for bulling

that's why follow few simple rules, always trust ur partners (when i get one) jealousy (cause partner can sense who's dangerous to ur relationship) & never look comfort from opposite gender friend, cause usually going to a friend with ur issues (depends what type of the issue it is) she or he starts to comfort u & u2 end up in bed, in most comfort cases the 2 end up in the bed

i must say i trust possessive woman more then a normal woman cause if she's possessive she understands how it feels so she is less likely to cheat
& i find possessiveness flattering, example if i have GF & she possessive

if she not 2extramly possessive its not a problem, then its good

linchpin said:

Ueno is such a lucky guy! Much better than Tsubaki too. He didn't even buy Urabe's photo, because he has Oka. And what the impulsive jealous ear-licking breast-ogling perverted Tsubaki did? He bought an idol's photo album to drool on INSTEAD of his girlfriend's cute photo. Urabe was right to cut it into pieces.
Yumekichi11 said:
linchpin said:
Ueno is such a lucky guy! Much better than Tsubaki too. He didn't even buy Urabe's photo, because he has Oka. And what the impulsive jealous ear-licking breast-ogling perverted Tsubaki did? He bought an idol's photo album to drool on INSTEAD of his girlfriend's cute photo. Urabe was right to cut it into pieces.
I would have to with my whole heart agree on this. He should bought his girl's pictures and all of them. Stopping this picture distribution of her and keeping a tons of them for himself.

seems u2 didn't get the point, he got that Magazine only cause she look's like Urabe, he doe not give SH about the idol, its like in a way he got more cute pictures about Urabe

u only see the worse in innocent sweet situation

i would agree with u if he would have bought a magazine with a idol pictures that don't look like Urabe, but cause they do look like Urabe i half to Disagree with u

but i wouldn't waste money on a magazine for that reason lol

penguindrum264 said:
She looks so cute with her hair up. Why does Tsubaki have to be a weirdo and like her old hairstyle more?>.< This show gets weirder every episode that passes;well, at least it's somewhat entertaining with it's approach and odd, but unique plot.
I'm curious of how this series will end. xD

...I wonder who the girl in the preview is. o.O
funkotaku said:
Why did he tell her to change it back!? She was actually pretty cute!

I swear to god I thought the girl in the magazine was actually Urabe. Guess I was wrong. xD

Oka said to Urabe the reason why he/MC likes this hairstyle better & he also mentioned it, but he didn't say it out loud, hes words: i want to be to only1 to see her cute face

i know this are old posts so i don't expect response cause who would remember stuff from this way back, but new ppl who watch this may learn something from this

Re-Watching
Sugram22Feb 20, 2018 7:42 AM
May 3, 2018 10:14 AM

Mar 2018
This was a sweet episode, even though I didn't love it as much as the previous two.

I loved the moment where Urabe danced a little bit after Tsubaki ruffled her hair! So cute! I was also happy to see Urabe listening to Tsubaki and clearly caring about what he thinks and wants.

It's funny to see Oka and Ueno together. He is pretty tall (some inches taller than Tsubaki) and she is super-tiny. :D

Urabe is much prettier than Imai IMO. Imai is too skinny; Urabe has very nice curves. :)

Urabe's act of vandalism at the end was mean. I am glad that Tsubaki didn't get hurt (emotionally, I mean) but appeciated it as an act of love instad. :)

I am a bit sad that none of the development in their relationship ever seems to stick. They have held hands once, Tsubaki used her first name once, and they still don't really seem to talk much or do anything together. They have greater and greater moments of closeness, but most of the time they still look as awkward and alienated as in episode 2. And why are they still keeping their relationship secret?

kwills88 said:
I was rather annoyed at the fact that they haven't kissed, but I realized I was being stupid about it and not looking beyond it, seeing how they get flustered and turned on by the simplest of touch from each other is a beautiful thing, showing that when you care deeply about someone that just the slightest touch by them means the world and can alter your emotions and connect you in a special way

Yeah, that is what makes this anime so sweet: It is able to invest so much emotion into really tiny things. That makes me really feel for the characters. Their relationship is very slow-moving, but so full of warmth. :)

linchpin said:
I don't like jealousy and possessiveness in relationships though, why can't people get over such silly, unnecessary things...

What do you expect? They are 16-year-olds in the early stages of their very first relationship. They are not wise adults. Cut them some slack.

I though the episode's depiction of the jealousy was very cute. Urabe and Tsubaki are young; they have flaws and weaknesses - but they are not completely controlled by their weaknesses. They fall prey to jealousy, but they never turn seriously abusive because of it (unlike many anime couples). Their relationship remains reasonably healthy and happy.
Mar 29, 2019 3:26 AM

Aug 2017
Her new hair looked better. Should have kept it for the rest of the show.

And the idol was pretty. The girls in this show are not very pretty.
Aug 1, 2021 4:14 PM
Dec 2017
so much ara ara energy

Oct 4, 2021 3:41 PM

Mar 2010
Hmmmm I loved the drama, they are both learing a lot about themselves and each other.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 19, 2021 1:52 PM
May 2020
bruh seeing urabe getting vexed at akira for liking a model that looks like her was very cute indeed
Jul 20, 2022 5:02 AM

Apr 2020
Urabe got REALLY ANGRY when Tsubame just straight up appreciate her (idol) lookalike, don't do that to someone you love lol.

Aside from that, she looks so beautiful in that hairstyle, even costing boys 300 yen for a snapshot, but this episode really shows how possessive Akira can be, but once again he messed up with the Momoka stuff.
Dec 26, 2022 4:25 PM
Dec 2022
i love it so much i want to watch more
Dec 14, 2023 6:40 AM

Aug 2019
so urabe just likes to be roughed up >:3
i didnt really like how she looked with her hair up like that but i did like how she looked right after she took the things holding her hair up off but before mc messed her hair.
also why was the sky so red :D? reminded me of that one studio....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 11:40 PM

Oct 2010
Shes finally starting to be more expressive
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 23, 2012

80 by Aoboba »»
Feb 23, 12:43 AM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

106 by Aoboba »»
Feb 23, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2012

121 by Aoboba »»
Feb 23, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 30, 2012

176 by BL4Z333 »»
Feb 14, 2:27 PM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - May 26, 2012

101 by BL4Z333 »»
Feb 12, 9:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.