Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2012 9:29 PM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
An amnesic Aldra is the wife of some dude that we never see the entire episode. Ymir suckers her into summoning the standard perverted demons. Meanwhile, Annelotte falls asleep on a cart and is taken away from her group of admirers (it seems like every girl loves her). Next episode we get the samurai girl and possibly L/Reina.
May 31, 2012 12:02 AM
Mar 2012
An okay episode. I like how it touched upon the subject of rebellions happening in other areas. Kind of disappointed we didn't get to see Aldra's husband. Ymir is forever confusing me because I can't decide if she's being possessed or if she's just suddenly a huge ass bitch.
May 31, 2012 5:43 AM
Jun 2008
so let see

wanted poster showing mention of army so queen clau send elina to hunt one of the three wanted.
while ho-ski ymir is have another.
re-introduce aldra living normal life, slip & clumsy, also have a husband.
but memory lost with one thing still remind find her sister.
after talk with siggy here come ho-ski ymir.
meanwhile mirim still want to fight give concern then dinner time to steam bath.
annelotte's harem thinking they want queen annelotte.
give annelotte bit don't know take wonder but got nap in moving wagon.
ho-ski ymir make aldra do summon spell & join queen's army.
doing summon while in stuffed toy outft it works there alive & giant spoon to obey.
next day annelotte got lost her harem search for her & also reason why join annelotte.
aldra write letter to husband but dolls summon are loose & wild to get women.
queen clau & ho-ski ymir get plans ready need siggy.

next ep sound the sea shell is a ninja.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
May 31, 2012 7:24 AM

Dec 2008
Queen's Blade Rebellion is 10/10 worthy. This episode was f*cking awesome. Though....I need to get used to this new Aldra. The amount of moe and ditziness she has turns my brain to mush.

Reina next episode! Woo!
May 31, 2012 7:50 AM
Jul 2018
I loved the episode, mainly because I love Aldra. We don't see her husband, because the viewer is the husband.
May 31, 2012 8:53 AM

Jan 2011
Reina vs Annelotte may happen soon depending on where this goes. I'm hoping for that at least.
May 31, 2012 11:46 AM
Mar 2012
MrsPumpkin said:
I loved the episode, mainly because I love Aldra. We don't see her husband, because the viewer is the husband.

LOL
May 31, 2012 6:10 PM

May 2012
I miss the psychotic Aldra...T_T

Still, it was a really fun epsiode ~

Though I don't like this Aldra at all really.
May 31, 2012 7:28 PM

Jan 2010
Aldra's character degradation is by for some of the worst I've ever seen in anime.

It's a goddamn shame.
Ok™
May 31, 2012 7:35 PM

Aug 2010
Taralen said:
MrsPumpkin said:

LOL

I agree... kkkk

Looking for Tomoe, because Reina is here! \o/
May 31, 2012 8:01 PM

May 2012
Cyber_Ryoga said:
Taralen said:
MrsPumpkin said:

LOL

I agree... kkkk

Looking for Tomoe, because Reina is here! o/

I think you guys are mistaking her sister for her.
May 31, 2012 9:21 PM

Dec 2010
What the heck? Annelote walks of for fresh air and decides to just sleep on somebody's cat? LOL. Then was woken up from a fall and was like wtf to herself.

I really want to Shigi vs Melphi...

I too lazy to rewatch the epiosde. I think I agree with vampko that you other users may be mistaking that character for Aldra. The last with seen off Aldra, she was with Tomoe. But then again a lot has happened which we didn't see, such as Claudette/Ymir/etc...becoming the baddies.
Jun 1, 2012 10:46 AM
Jan 2011
Ecchi
Jun 1, 2012 1:55 PM
Feb 2008
Dear gods, why on earth am I still watching this?

The first two seasons were GOLD compared to this steamy pile of excrements.

Before, the characters were smart, witty or AT LEAST were not OUTRAGEOUSLY DUMB CUNTS. Nanael having the IQ of a rock was actually a little PLOT DEVICE. Melphy was more naive and unworldly than anything else and Elina was a horny lesbian who could be smart IF/WHEN SHE WANTED TO. Rewatch her fight with Nyx to see what I mean. I can't think of any more or less important characters who were or could be perceived as stupid except those three. Besides, Seasons 1 and 2 made it PERFECTLY CLEAR that being USELESS in-universe is FUCKING BAD and brings you nothing but TROUBLE. They even made a WHOLE DAMN OVA focussed on Nova, the useless character, becoming independent and presented this as a GOOD THING!

Also, most, if not all of them had some sort of GOAL.

Now, in Rebellion, the main chick is walking around AIMLESSLY. What the hell is she doing? Trying to survive? Then go to the outskirts of the empire and lay low, you STUPID BITCH! Or at least change your appearance! But no, she wanders around, gets involved into unnecessary fights and not only risks being seen and seized but also gathers sidekicks who are either INCOMPETENT or INSULTINGLY DUMB or TOO USELESS TO LIVE. Yes, I mean Mirim. Don't even try to defend her. Not only did the series DENY her the chance to KICK ASS and be AWESOME, it actually tells the viewer that her being useless again is TOTALLY A-OK AND A DARN GOOD THING! Because she's with the GOOD GUYS now who certainly will PROTECT her and all that! This is INSULTING!

On the other side we have Aldra who was dumbed down FOR NO REASON AT ALL! Where did that even come from? The OVA showed no sign of memory loss whatsoever! Then we have Elina who is being a horny lesbian again but this time she is just that and NOTHING ELSE. She is not even that capable but that's because she was fighting with the main chick who had PLOT ARMOUR. Then there is Claudette who basically just displays a FUCK YOU I'M A DRAGON attitude and does nothing else. The only capable antagonist with brains so far is Ymir. But at least it's one more than on the protagonist side. And YET they had to make her a KLUTZ in that one episode where she couldn't hold onto that control device! GNAH THIS IS SO IRRITATING! Even the ANIMALS are stupid here! A horse that doesn't care for random noises from behind? Come on! And finally, there's NEXT TO NO STORY PROGRESSION because the protagonists are TOO BUSY making a HAREM of themselves and the antagonists are LAZY.

Once again, this is so irritating and insulting, I don't know why I'm still watching this. Queen's Blade used to be fun back then...
Avid_ReaderJun 1, 2012 2:02 PM
Jun 1, 2012 2:15 PM

Dec 2010
@above

yeah it started like it had potential but it's getting a bit ridiculousness. I don't think season Rebellion will surpass second season anymore. I am not hopeful that something awesome will happen that will make me like this season a little more.
Jun 1, 2012 6:58 PM

May 2012
I'm pretty sure Mirim's going to get some sort of magical equipment soon enough. Believe me or don't. That's just what I think.

And, I think most anyone can agree that the Aldra change is pretty dumb.

I'll blame Elina on Leina running off. She needs Leina to keep sane, we ALL know that.

The Antagonists aren't 'lazy' >.>
Ymir's constantly setting up things, and she's pretty much the main antagonist at this point. The inquisitor just wants to keep people on the 'right path'. And Claudette is just well, being Claudette.

I will say that I liked Leina more than Annelotte. But Yuit more than makes up for it ~

Be patient. it's only the first season. Most of what's going on seems to be related to the same problem. And the plot has been moving, just this episode was one which it didn't move too much. Thiough, they did make it plain that they wanted Annelotte to take over.
Jun 2, 2012 12:29 AM
Feb 2008
vampko said:
The Antagonists aren't 'lazy' >.>

They are. What does Elina do? Running around and occasionally masturbating, that's all. She's a goddamn military captain of some sorts! Her job is not only to react to threats, but also being proactive. Instead of bemoaning "that Kreutz bitch", how about going out and trying to eliminate her? Is that lazy? Yes. Even Ymir berates her for her laziness.

What does Claudette do? "Being Claudette", which is sitting around with a "meaningful" expression on her face. At least before Rebellion she fought in battles. Now we don't even see her doing royal duties, unless sitting around with a "meaningful" expression on her face is the only royal duty, then she does plenty. But somehow I doubt that. So is this lazy? In a way, yes. She could be doing something instead.

What does Ymir's sister - or whoever that other Steel Mountain loli is - do? Nothing. Except maybe, presumably crafting weapons. But we don't even see that, all we see is her walking around and chatting when she should be seen doing actual work instead. Is this lazy? Yes.

As I already said before, Ymir is the only one who actually contributes.

(I don't see the inquisitor as an antagonist. She clearly considered the meaning in Annelotte being granted a "holy pose" and she clearly had her doubts about Ymir.)

vampko said:
Be patient. it's only the first season.

You know, at the end of season 1 every relevant character had their goals stated, throughout the season they all were actively working towards their respective goal and by the end of the season the first overall goal (getting into the capital) was achieved. There was a big feeling of accomplishment. Now in season 3 half of the cast needs more than 8 episodes to actually find a goal at all! That's lame.
Avid_ReaderJun 2, 2012 12:52 AM
Jun 2, 2012 2:33 PM

Mar 2008
Hmm, seeing Aldra like that was a bit suprising. When did she lose her memories? In Queen's Blade ova 6, she's a nun with Tomoe, and she has her dignified look of being the previous queen.
Jun 3, 2012 3:37 PM

Jul 2009
Is Rebellion an alternative version of Queen's Blade? Or is it a next season?
I'm still wondering what happened to the Swamp Witch and company, would be fun to see more Airi...
ʕ • ᴥ • ʔ
Jun 3, 2012 11:55 PM

Jun 2008
Am I seeing a yuri harem?
Jun 4, 2012 1:15 AM
Aug 2010
I just want Reina to come back!

Although I really like Annelotte as well :)
Jun 4, 2012 7:50 PM
Mar 2012
Baphomet said:

Before, the characters were smart, witty or AT LEAST were not OUTRAGEOUSLY DUMB CUNTS. Nanael having the IQ of a rock was actually a little PLOT DEVICE. Melphy was more naive and unworldly than anything else and Elina was a horny lesbian who could be smart IF/WHEN SHE WANTED TO. Rewatch her fight with Nyx to see what I mean. I can't think of any more or less important characters who were or could be perceived as stupid except those three. Besides, Seasons 1 and 2 made it PERFECTLY CLEAR that being USELESS in-universe is FUCKING BAD and brings you nothing but TROUBLE. They even made a WHOLE DAMN OVA focussed on Nova, the useless character, becoming independent and presented this as a GOOD THING!

Now, in Rebellion, the main chick is walking around AIMLESSLY. What the hell is she doing? Trying to survive? Then go to the outskirts of the empire and lay low, you STUPID BITCH! Or at least change your appearance! But no, she wanders around, gets involved into unnecessary fights and not only risks being seen and seized but also gathers sidekicks who are either INCOMPETENT or INSULTINGLY DUMB or TOO USELESS TO LIVE. Yes, I mean Mirim. Don't even try to defend her. Not only did the series DENY her the chance to KICK ASS and be AWESOME, it actually tells the viewer that her being useless again is TOTALLY A-OK AND A DARN GOOD THING! Because she's with the GOOD GUYS now who certainly will PROTECT her and all that! This is INSULTING!

On the other side we have Aldra who was dumbed down FOR NO REASON AT ALL! Where did that even come from? The OVA showed no sign of memory loss whatsoever! Then we have Elina who is being a horny lesbian again but this time she is just that and NOTHING ELSE. She is not even that capable but that's because she was fighting with the main chick who had PLOT ARMOUR. Then there is Claudette who basically just displays a FUCK YOU I'M A DRAGON attitude and does nothing else. The only capable antagonist with brains so far is Ymir. But at least it's one more than on the protagonist side. And YET they had to make her a KLUTZ in that one episode where she couldn't hold onto that control device! GNAH THIS IS SO IRRITATING! Even the ANIMALS are stupid here! A horse that doesn't care for random noises from behind? Come on! And finally, there's NEXT TO NO STORY PROGRESSION because the protagonists are TOO BUSY making a HAREM of themselves and the antagonists are LAZY.

Once again, this is so irritating and insulting, I don't know why I'm still watching this. Queen's Blade used to be fun back then...

Oh man I agree with everything you said. As much as I like Annelotte, you pointed out a fatal character flaw. I thought she was supposed to be trying to stop Claudette and this series seemingly diverges from this vital plot point entirely.

I blame the new director.
Jun 6, 2012 5:48 PM

Mar 2009
Baphomet said:

Dude, it's Queen's Blade. No need to write an essay on tits and ass.
Jul 12, 2013 11:52 AM
Aug 2010
Mormegil said:

Dude, it's Queen's Blade. No need to write an essay on tits and ass.

Right, you either join the other fans and rub your dicks to the characters or face-palm in disgust, no need to over-analyze things. Now excuse me while I go rub my dick to Airi despite being one of the face-palmers; for Airi, hypocrisy is worth it.
May 8, 2014 6:59 PM

Jun 2012
well i figured that was Aldra but where the hell the memories loss came from in the special they only showed that Tomoe got blind but nothing about memories loss.

not to mention the new characters are not to bright i mean everyone who saw the elf Annelotte knew that can't be a good thing of course she is a good character and seem powerful but it does not seem like she is at the good side and the other should have noticed that by then.

not to mention whole the old cast changed in looks and personality which makes it a different anime already +

season 1 was like introduction to queens blade .

season 2 changed a whole lot already and changed there focus a bit.

the specials where nice fillers.

then the ova should have introduced better what's going on before the events of this season but they did not.

and this season just changed the whole thing around for sure there focus and i do not know how to put t in words but i think people know what i mean.

basic it feels like something is missing between the special where Leina saves Elina and the ova that should have introduced this season between that something feels missing.

then again like i said in my previous comments in previous episodes i might like this better then its prequels but i am seeing this as a different anime then its prequels that's the only reason why i like it better compare them then i would not like this better.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Nov 1, 2014 7:01 PM

May 2012
The fan service this episode :3 oh boy oh boy! Let's see what's next though.
Apr 10, 2015 11:41 AM

Feb 2015
What the heck happened to Aldra? They better give a damn good explanation on how she 'lost' her memories.

On the other hand, Claudette looks awesome in her new costume lol.
Mar 27, 2017 12:23 PM

Apr 2013
I agree with the people saying this is not as good anymore as the first two seasons, the characters act a lot dumber and stuff just happens without reason. Also I hoped that at least the MC would change for the better, but Annelotte is pretty much as bad as Reina :<
Feb 15, 2018 2:01 AM

Sep 2012
Cyber_Shiro said:
Taralen said:

LOL

I agree... kkkk

vampko said:
Cyber_Ryoga said:

I agree... kkkk

I think you guys are mistaking her sister for her.
Mika_Inamori said:
What the heck? Annelote walks of for fresh air and decides to just sleep on somebody's cat? LOL. Then was woken up from a fall and was like wtf to herself.

I really want to Shigi vs Melphi...

I too lazy to rewatch the epiosde. I think I agree with vampko that you other users may be mistaking that character for Aldra. The last with seen off Aldra, she was with Tomoe. But then again a lot has happened which we didn't see, such as Claudette/Ymir/etc...becoming the baddies.

when she had flash back she said she only remembers wandering around it was episodes back or in OVA & she was wearing same clothes that she had when she was with Tomoe so the Elf is Aldra. also in last OVA Tomoe was alone already so Aldra & her went separate ways at one point & i suspect that Annelotte is her sister cause both are half demons & Annelotte was taken in by noble family the last par i read from internet

it more like they mix up Leina & Elina, & not to mentione they call her wrong int not Reina its Leina

but i am wondering one thing how did Aldra became Elf, is it her true form that came overtime, she changed overtime or is that also part of witches memory loss curse

akuma2002 said:
Hmm, seeing Aldra like that was a bit suprising. When did she lose her memories? In Queen's Blade ova 6, she's a nun with Tomoe, and she has her dignified look of being the previous queen.
iDensity said:
What the heck happened to Aldra? They better give a damn good explanation on how she 'lost' her memories.

On the other hand, Claudette looks awesome in her new costume lol.
@Robertovk

isn't in obvious by new? Tomoe got cursed by swamp witch & lost her site Leina was cursed by her & fell a sleep, its obvious Aldra's memory loos is also her curse

bit more info u get from above, some ppl either forgot what was in the OVA'S Queen's Blade: Utsukushiki Toushitachi & Vanquished Queens or didn't watch them at all, cause if they watched or remembered then it should be obvious to them

Saint_ said:
I'm still wondering what happened to the Swamp Witch and company, would be fun to see more Airi...

the ova's i mentioned above should answer the question, seems u haven't seen them

Florete said:

u just noticed? :D
Sugram22Feb 15, 2018 2:24 AM
Nov 2, 2019 1:33 PM

May 2014
Cool ep. A lot of fan-service. Aldra-san had changed so much from when she was a "nun" in the end of the prequel that I didn't recognize her. Her appearance has changed a lot and she is really cute. Looks like the community here was right and that Aldra and Annelotte is somehow connected. Maybe it was Aldra who summon a demon to make a dark Annelotte. Her appearance is so cuuuuuuuute:

Anyway, the debate about who is going to eat and sleep with their onee-chan was really cute and funny. She is just like Leina. Their personality is very alike. Apropos Leina, looks from the preview that she appears in the next ep. About time!
Nov 2, 2019 1:39 PM

May 2014
Robertovk said:
well i figured that was Aldra but where the hell the memories loss came from in the special they only showed that Tomoe got blind but nothing about memories loss.

not to mention the new characters are not to bright i mean everyone who saw the elf Annelotte knew that can't be a good thing of course she is a good character and seem powerful but it does not seem like she is at the good side and the other should have noticed that by then.

not to mention whole the old cast changed in looks and personality which makes it a different anime already +

season 1 was like introduction to queens blade .

season 2 changed a whole lot already and changed there focus a bit.

the specials where nice fillers.

then the ova should have introduced better what's going on before the events of this season but they did not.

and this season just changed the whole thing around for sure there focus and i do not know how to put t in words but i think people know what i mean.

basic it feels like something is missing between the special where Leina saves Elina and the ova that should have introduced this season between that something feels missing.

then again like i said in my previous comments in previous episodes i might like this better then its prequels but i am seeing this as a different anime then its prequels that's the only reason why i like it better compare them then i would not like this better.

I couldn't agree more with ya. But you know we have Vanquished Queen where it explains what happens with the characters that doesn't appear in Rebellion during these events. However, I think replacing the whole cast was a very bad idea. Especially with introducing and getting know with 8-9 characters isn't enough. This is the 8th ep. Only 4 ep. and there is still 2 characters which isn't introduced. Obviously this is going to be rushed. Sad, but true.
Nov 2, 2019 1:41 PM

May 2014
Florete said:

I love your signature ava. Looks awesome. Got to rub the face between onne-chans's melons. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nov 2, 2019 1:46 PM

May 2014
Saint_ said:

It's the next season. Queen Aldra has been replaced with queen Claudette. But the director of this season have ruined her and Yimir's character. -.-
Aug 17, 2021 7:46 AM

Feb 2020
They already ruined Ymir and now Aldra. Sigh...

This husband crap was the worst thing (other than the personality change) they did to her.
Jul 11, 2022 4:07 PM

Jul 2016
Damn you, QB! For what you did to Aldra's character. I want my cold and sexy nun back!
And where the hell is Tomoe, btw?

So... is Aldra's "husband" supposed to be the viewer or what?
Mar 7, 3:24 AM

Jan 2020
Aldra changed so much, I didn't recognize her.

They also gave her a new voice, which is an absolute shame, since I liked her old one. What a shame her former VA didn't voice any other anime.

I don't understand why they would reset her character completely with that amnesia plot. She just became her own person after the OVA and instead of following up on that, they just change her completely.

She is so different from the original that they might as well just have made a new character. Who thought taking the cold and composed character and making her a lovey-dovey housewife was going to make her fans happy?

The only reason I can think off, is that they wanted her to meet Annelotte (who is implied to be her sister) and not remember her. But they could've achieved the same with the angel just screwing up her memories of how her sister looked. I don't think she is properly shown in the second season, so that had merit.

Finally there are her new summons (apparently the minions meant she was a summoner) which look absolutely awful to anything else in this series. Most of the characters at least look nice in Queen's Blade. Which makes sense, since I think they were primarily designed to sell merch. But what's with these two? They look so generic and boring, no way are they going to sell as plushies or without Aldra.
No Blood. No Bone. No Ash.
Apr 1, 9:58 PM

Dec 2022
sheesh demonic possession or not Aldra just can't resist being an evil biatch. does she even have a husband? i doubt it lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Queen's Blade: Rebellion Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Jun 19, 2012

55 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 2, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Queen's Blade: Rebellion Episode 11 Discussion

prismheart - Jun 20, 2012

29 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 2, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Queen's Blade: Rebellion Episode 10 Discussion

prismheart - Jun 13, 2012

33 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 2, 10:56 PM

Poll: » Queen's Blade: Rebellion Episode 9 Discussion

prismheart - Jun 6, 2012

29 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 2, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Queen's Blade: Rebellion Episode 7 Discussion

prismheart - May 24, 2012

30 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 9:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.