Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 26, 2012 12:54 AM

May 2011
This episode is so very awesome! It was the first time I'm having this kind of feeling after watching a show. Sure there are other anime that moved me but this one is.. indescribable! I don't know why, when I listened to the original OST(many times before watching this episode), I think it's great, but not as wonderful as I'm feeling after watching those two playing it.

Wonderful episode. I'll give 99 if it's out of 100.
5/5
jr_paperbagMay 26, 2012 12:57 AM
May 26, 2012 1:25 AM

Apr 2008
Glad to see that the bromance is moving on from the few bumps it had. Looking forward to the next episode
Music & Anime > Everything Else
May 26, 2012 2:14 AM
Feb 2010
i jumped out of my chair when they moved onto my prince will come
May 26, 2012 2:41 AM

Apr 2012
Just an amazing music performance! The song is beutiful and timing/setting of it was perfect, could not have asked for a better episode. Though Jun has become quite a mystery these last two episodes. Quite curious to see what will happen with him.
May 26, 2012 2:41 AM

Oct 2011
great, genius, perfect (as usual)...this show would really have to do something horrible to get less than a 9 (or 10) from me at this point - one of the best stories of friendship ever! breathtaking how music can cross all divides and bring people together...and the music in this - truly spectacular - actually some of the best jazz i've ever heard, and that's saying a lot, as i've been listening for years (some of my favorites - miles davis, john coltrane, louis armstrong, django reinhardt, jelly roll morton, etc....)...........
May 26, 2012 2:43 AM

Oct 2011
Bookworm365 said:
Sprawls said:
Maddo_scientisto said:

When they start playing and all the student are rushing to the stage... oh god that was as cheesy as it could be. Seriously they played for like 3 minutes, would all these people (while some of them were running stands as well) would be in a position to go to the gym by the time it ends?
It just felt really strange to me

haha, me too ! that was the only thing i didn't like about this episode :P

Oh, man. You people have a dead imagination, don't you?
Why do you think they were only playing for 3 minutes? Just beacuse it was a 3 minute OST?
Kaoru said he will keep the crowd occupide a while UNTIL the amp is fixed.
Eventually, the amp was not fixed but why would they play a 3 minute song to fill in that time?
And you seriousy think students will gather in a flash?
I stated to get the impression that the two were jamming longer that what was shown, when the students where accumulating.

I might be wrong but remember that this show is packed and condensed as Fxxk!
Not everything is shown or explained to us.
I've seen people complain a lot about how Kaworu's kiss was too fast.
Come on, guys! They only have 25mins x 11eps.
The creaters are asking us to fill the time gap by ourselves, no?
3 mins of this show doesn't necessarily equal to real time 3 mins, even if it's a live persormance.

If you disagress with me and think thats the flaw of this show, go watch an anime that has a more "realistic" time flow.
Say, like Haruhi. (specificly, Season 2 endless eight).
agree - some people just have dead hearts and see anything emotional/moving as cheese...quite sad!
May 26, 2012 2:53 AM

Oct 2010
Perfect episode.

Drama? check.
Awesome music? check.
Super-micro animation? check.
Problems resolved? check.

PERFECT! 5/5

Glad to see this anime picking up its former pace. After the incident with eps 6, I thought they wouldn't hesitate to trim scenes in this episode. Turns out they didn't. I'm especially pleased with the animation, so detail and fluid. The animators must have worked hard in this episode, when people rushed to the gym I felt that the animation has taken up a notch there.

I'm so looking forward to the next episode. I wonder how they'll work things out, the next episode is rather hard to adapt.
Reim_SeranthMay 26, 2012 2:59 AM

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
May 26, 2012 4:53 AM

May 2012
5/5 pure awesomeness
May 26, 2012 5:20 AM
Oct 2010
TavrosOrGTFO said:
Ajunky said:
KaitoDash said:
The only thing that disturb me was that they were running away hand-in-hand.
LOL, to tell the truth, even if you didn't know you can tell the writer is a woman.

Guys don't fight like this, not even best buds, we just don't. Forget about straight guys running hand in hand... a woman's imagination is a fearful place.

But the music was superb, so I don't really care about the rest... Now I'm off to hear that jam again.
Even if you didn't know, this is a josei anime. Which means it's target audience is mature women. Emphasis on the mature part. Getting bent out of shape over more feminine and emotional portrayals of things like close friendship in josei is as pointless and silly as getting upset over pantyshots in an ecchi. I feel the need to point this out to you.

But thank you for speaking for all men in all time periods in all countries everywhere all the time. I'm sure they appreciate your defense against the heinous act of touching hands. @_@
Getting bent out of shape? pfft. On the contrary, I simply find it funny, and I'm merely point out my perspective (of which I'm convinced enough to not say it's just an opinion.)

On account of that "maturity", just because it's josei it doesn't mean men will act highly feminine. I've watched and read some successful josei material that portray, according to my experience, more accurate impressions of male bonding. And it's precisely because it is, as you say, aimed at "mature" audience, that it doesn't need to use idealized visions, like I would expect in shoujo.

Of course, it doesn't mean I think the material is bad if a female author shows a female perspective on male interaction or I would have to equally judge the male authors who fail at portraying realistic women. But that doesn't change the fact that a female perspective will sometimes amuse me due to it's discrepancy with a male one.

So sorry If I'm offending you fujoshi dreams, and thanks for pointing out what you feel is an immature comment on my account, but I don't take it back.
AjunkyMay 26, 2012 5:36 AM
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
May 26, 2012 6:43 AM

Aug 2008
Ajunky said:
TavrosOrGTFO said:
Ajunky said:
KaitoDash said:

LOL, to tell the truth, even if you didn't know you can tell the writer is a woman.

Guys don't fight like this, not even best buds, we just don't. Forget about straight guys running hand in hand... a woman's imagination is a fearful place.

But the music was superb, so I don't really care about the rest... Now I'm off to hear that jam again.

Even if you didn't know, this is a josei anime. Which means it's target audience is mature women. Emphasis on the mature part. Getting bent out of shape over more feminine and emotional portrayals of things like close friendship in josei is as pointless and silly as getting upset over pantyshots in an ecchi. I feel the need to point this out to you.

But thank you for speaking for all men in all time periods in all countries everywhere all the time. I'm sure they appreciate your defense against the heinous act of touching hands. @_@

Getting bent out of shape? pfft. On the contrary, I simply find it funny, and I'm merely point out my perspective (of which I'm convinced enough to not say it's just an opinion.)

On account of that "maturity", just because it's josei it doesn't mean men will act highly feminine. I've watched and read some successful josei material that portray, according to my experience, more accurate impressions of male bonding. And it's precisely because it is, as you say, aimed at "mature" audience, that it doesn't need to use idealized visions, like I would expect in shoujo.

Of course, it doesn't mean I think the material is bad if a female author shows a female perspective on male interaction or I would have to equally judge the male authors who fail at portraying realistic women. But that doesn't change the fact that a female perspective will sometimes amuse me due to it's discrepancy with a male one.

So sorry If I'm offending you fujoshi dreams, and thanks for pointing out what you feel is an immature comment on my account, but I don't take it back.

Well, I won't go into natural of Josei discussion but really, I don't think straight guys hold hands. If we need skinship, we go somewhere around shoulder. If I happen to touch my pals' hands, they'll run away from me at best, or smack me at worst.
May 26, 2012 6:55 AM
Jul 2008
What an incredible episode! My favorite so far! I have tears in eyes during their peformance! And the music... Just wow!!! I was sitting on the chair but all my limbs were dancing :D

5/5!
May 26, 2012 7:03 AM

Mar 2012
KaitoDash said:
Ajunky said:
TavrosOrGTFO said:
Ajunky said:
KaitoDash said:

Well, I won't go into natural of Josei discussion but really, I don't think straight guys hold hands. If we need skinship, we go somewhere around shoulder. If I happen to touch my pals' hands, they'll run away from me at best, or smack me at worst.

Its nothing about female perspective in my opnion. They are in different times, place, culture, social/people. They are like brothers... if you have a brother you would consider that act as normal. Remember they are best friends... best friends are for lifetime.
huntxMay 26, 2012 8:43 AM
May 26, 2012 7:23 AM

Oct 2007
1/5

Best friend? It looks more like a boy friend to me >__<

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
May 26, 2012 8:55 AM
Mar 2011
that episode made my day, i really loved the way the got back together and that amazing performance.
May 26, 2012 10:22 AM

Mar 2008
STOP THE MACHINES! WE HAVE A WINNER!
May 26, 2012 10:34 AM

Apr 2009
Siva said:

LoL yea perfect eposide except the last gay part.
May 26, 2012 10:46 AM

Aug 2008
Enjoyable episode. At least we have one hurdle out of the way now. Can't wait to see where this would go.
May 26, 2012 11:42 AM

May 2008
was an awesome episode love how the episode ended great...lol bromance!
May 26, 2012 11:51 AM

Dec 2011
The beauty of thisnever stops to impress me, I love this
May 26, 2012 12:36 PM
Feb 2012
Lord_Jon_Snow said:
Siva said:

People like you all is why WE CAN NEVER HAVE NICE THINGS.

and the "gay parts" won't stop coming ヽ(´ー`)ノ deal.
May 26, 2012 12:40 PM

Oct 2007
Some people has a different opinion from you. Deal with it.

May 26, 2012 12:50 PM
Feb 2012
Siva said:
Some people has a different opinion from you. Deal with it.

have*

Well that didn't take long.
I am though.
You keep being homophobic or do whatever you do and have a nice day~!
May 26, 2012 1:48 PM

Oct 2010
FUCK YEAH

This ep bring all the best of the series <3!!!!
Comes with more energy!!! :D
May 26, 2012 1:48 PM

Oct 2007
I am not sure what are you trying to say here but whatever, gokigenyou.

May 26, 2012 1:53 PM

Oct 2010
Siva said:
I am not sure what are you trying to say here but whatever, gokigenyou.

Solo queria decir, que la serie se viene con real magnitud, por lo menos este episodio esta buenísimo and stuff. EL mix fue increible.

i'm just saying xD
May 26, 2012 1:57 PM

Oct 2007
puchacamilo said:
Solo queria decir, que la serie se viene con real magnitud, por lo menos este episodio esta buenísimo and stuff. EL mix fue increible.

i'm just saying xD
Actually it wasn't for your last comment, it was for the other guy.

May 26, 2012 3:02 PM

Apr 2012
This show is absolutely wonderful and is probably the show of the season for me. The characters are all so believable and even when they are behaving stupidly I still feel for them. Ri-chan is one of the cutest anime girls I've ever seen but what's best about her is how genuine her sweetness is. I've seen so many generic moe girls with their fake cuteness and Ri-chan blows them out of the water. Her cuteness feels so realistic and not manufacted at all. Her character was created to be a person not just to cute for the sake of being cute and it makes me love her character.

I love all the other characters as well, even Kaoru as blockheaded as he can be. However, given his upbringing it makes sense for his character to act that way. And Sentaro is simple a charismatic likable guy. He's not the smartest but he's so honest and forthright that I find it impossible not to like him and once again I find his character very believable.

I thought this episode was great from start to finish. I love that they didn't drag out the drama to much but resolved it with an absolutely amazing musical performance. The spirit of jazz permeates this anime so it only makes sense that this is the languages these two guys communicate best with. And it was just a brilliant scene.

I love how relaxing this show is to watch. It's a very simple show about growing up that executed perfectly. This anime stands out because it takes it's time and uses it's characters effectively, developing them into well rounded human being. There is no artificiality about these characters. Their actions always fit with their personalities and I never get the feeling they are acting just for the sake of the plot. It's such a refreshing so to watch after the usual more manic energy of most other anime. So yeah, lovin' it.
May 26, 2012 9:41 PM

Jan 2008
Fuck. I teared up. This is the best anime of the season.

That is all.
PanaruMay 26, 2012 9:45 PM
May 26, 2012 9:54 PM

Jul 2011
Can i get a encore? that performance at the end was amazing, it had so much energy to it. Just loved how they blended together all the songs they've practiced on.

Even with Kaoru being very childish in the way he handled things, that was a brilliant way to put an end to their dispute. Would love to know what the heck happened in that cellar? I'm assuming a small passage of time passed and Jun said/did something to cause Yurika to run out crying and Sen to hit him. Unless they had a ONS or something.

Only five episodes left. I'm really going to miss this show when it ends.
May 26, 2012 10:24 PM

Sep 2008
This easily makes up for the previous bad episode.
May 26, 2012 10:53 PM
Apr 2009
This show keeps going up, then down, then skyrockets backup for me. Splendid.
May 26, 2012 11:30 PM
Jan 2012
ImagineThat said:
Would love to know what the heck happened in that cellar? I'm assuming a small passage of time passed and Jun said/did something to cause Yurika to run out crying and Sen to hit him. Unless they had a ONS or something.

Yurika basically stormed out cause she screwed up big time. She almost kissed Sen, misleading him big time, Jun saw the whole thing and didn't give a rat's ass (or acted it) and she almost gave in to another man, who isn't her primary love object. That's a lot to take for someone that young, she's overwhelmed, probably confused and upset how her feelings can't move things along her way.

Sen now knows Yurika likes Jun, and also that Jun isn't a dumb guy. He's confident and knows his way with people - he should be able to put 1 + 1 together with this Yurika thing as well (still don't know if he's read any of her letters). So, in other words, Jun is feigning ignorance and apathy, more or less breaking Yurika's heart. He doesn't care for her, at all - as a friend, or possible lover. Can't really judge him yet though, cause we don't know how fucked he's with all this running away/hiding business.

Sentaro punches him cause he's realised everything, and it hurts him to see the oh so respectable big bro Jun make Sen's love interest hurt so much, like it's all a game. The punch speaks plenty. Not that it's only directed towards Jun, more like Sen venting his pent up frustration.

My 2 c.
May 27, 2012 12:30 AM

Oct 2010
ahneeme said:
Lord_Jon_Snow said:
Siva said:

People like you all is why WE CAN NEVER HAVE NICE THINGS.

and the "gay parts" won't stop coming ヽ(´ー`)ノ deal.

If I'm not mistaken, in the manga the holding hands doesn't take place until the next day. When Kaoru and Sentarou is surrounded by a flock of admirers, Sentarou grabbed Kaoru's hand, they ran through the corridor, and when they saw Ritsuko they grabbed her hands and brought her along with them.

EDIT: it happened in the manga too. my mistake.
Reim_SeranthMay 31, 2012 5:29 AM

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
May 27, 2012 6:31 AM

May 2008
Haha the awkwardness all gone in one performance together, real man dont need words, our actions will bring us together :D

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 27, 2012 8:00 AM

Nov 2011
Wow i'm really falling more and more in love with this series xD
Great episode and wow the music is just so well done in this show I love it
5/5
May 27, 2012 11:25 AM

Apr 2009
Woah that was intense! I heard that piece almost a week ago from this show's soundtrack release and I thought it was great but having the visuals when they performed it (and the scenes where excited people rushing to the gym) makes it even better, Yoko Kanno sure know the beats. I can't stop grinning from ear to ear. Still waiting for Altair by Motohiro Hata though... *sighs*

The running away part with hands together (dragged at first as it looks) almost feel gay but whatever, it was fine by my book.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 27, 2012 2:28 PM

Mar 2008
lilmp89 said:
This show keeps going up, then down, then skyrockets backup for me. Splendid.

Same for me. Loved this episode, though the songs that they chose (playing that one song again.. mmhm) could have been better..
I'm still not so fond of the art style partly even the animation (when they're playing the instruments it is very good, but the scenes when some students "invited" or animated the other students to watch, too.. the animation looked so awkward or maybe that was just my player playing tricks on me and the whole scene in general was awkward xD)
Vanessa-May 27, 2012 2:34 PM
May 27, 2012 3:51 PM

Feb 2009
Loved this episode (the music and performance). Just now, made me wanna rate this Anime with a 10...at least till it keeps me satisfied
May 27, 2012 5:51 PM
Jul 2018
Hakuromatsu said:
Wow, what a performance. "My Favorite Things" (R.I.P Coltrane) into "Someday My Prince Will Come" into "Moanin'" was transcendentally amazing.

Here it is in all its glory:

I completely forgive Sakamichi no Apollon for the slight misstep of episode 6.

Was wondering what the ending song to that was, love it. Thank you!
May 28, 2012 2:31 AM

Apr 2011
Another amazing episode...
I love it so much and thanks to that I start liking jazz now.

The scene were they started playing...BEAUTIFUL!!!

I can't wait for the next...
May 28, 2012 4:56 AM

Oct 2010
BEAUTIFUL. FABULOUS. GORGEOUS. AMAZING. TERRIFIC. AWESOME. This episode was just perfect. ♥

The pace was smooth, and I just love how they delivered that performance. And that friendship. UGH. SUCH BEAUTIFUL FRIENDSHIP. ;__________;
[insert awesome signature here]
May 28, 2012 5:15 AM

Jul 2011
Best episode so far! Nothing more to say.
May 28, 2012 3:17 PM

Feb 2009
.... and they stole the show.
May 28, 2012 5:11 PM

Apr 2010
Everything was perfect. This is how an episode should be.
5/5
May 29, 2012 9:50 AM

Jul 2011
Best series of a season. Best episode so far. 10/10.
OrangeHollow.png
May 29, 2012 12:37 PM

Jan 2008
KaitoDash said:
Outstanding episode.

Discord. Heartbreak. Development. Reconcile. Performance.
All well executed.

I wonder what will come next. There are romances of course. What about the broken Jun?

That.. THAT MADE MY DAY!!
May 29, 2012 1:57 PM

Jun 2011
Wow, dat music. And I love how Sen and Kaoru made up in only one episode, refreshingly fast-paced considering the usual anime-arguing-fighting. :>
May 29, 2012 4:09 PM

Apr 2008
Yeah bitches, jazz it's back in all its glory! =D It's difficult for me to express how I enjoy every episode of this anime. What an astonishing performance between Kaoru and Sen. Trully amazing, I have to download its OST right now.
May 29, 2012 9:16 PM

Jan 2008
I would rate it 6/5 if I could.
I could pray (and I'm an atheist) to get 24 episodes of this ;__;
May 30, 2012 1:06 AM

Apr 2009
Music binds us together and makes us whole ho ho.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HawthorneKitty - Jun 28, 2012

462 by Nebbby312 »»
Apr 12, 10:17 PM

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

a6342164 - Apr 19, 2012

209 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Mar 30, 7:49 AM

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pizzaholic - Apr 12, 2012

308 by onnongo »»
Feb 13, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2012

166 by lazypanda666 »»
Feb 5, 4:45 AM

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2012

136 by lazypanda666 »»
Jan 27, 11:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.