Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 30, 2007 3:23 PM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kei shows off more of his kool this episode, especially the part in Angel Mort was good. Pretty much the whole village (except for the most integral part) seems to be on their side now, though they still seem unable to get anything done. Next stop Sonozaki-ville.
Sep 1, 2007 3:29 AM

Feb 2007
where´s the preview oo ?

This Arc realy is something else... compared to the first series it´s a whole different level...
even though the plot didn´t turn around as much as in the previous ones it took a good step forward...

But... I´m beginning to wonder how long this Arc will be ? I mean... there shoul´ve been 3 arcs... if you don´t count the first episode this would be the second one... but the series has still a long way to go...
I´d say about two episodes until Satoko can be freed or killed or whatnotsoever... and then we´ll probably get to see the whole usual stuff that didn´t even happen up until now... But that would still make the last Arc kinda... long oo
( and rika said two weeks was to short in the beginning... it seems to be longer than any other world up until now... )
Sep 1, 2007 6:10 AM

Jul 2007
I'm currently assuming the series will end in 3 episodes xD
And this is my favourite episode so far... go figure xD

But I haven't played the game. So I'm short on info. (Not that I want to spoil it though)
asandariSep 1, 2007 9:26 AM
Sep 1, 2007 8:16 AM

Jul 2007
Sylias said:
But that would still make the last Arc kinda... long oo
After the whole Satoko ordeal there's still the watanagashi festival. There's a lot of stuff that's going to happen afterwards as well, I wouldn't be surprised if we're looking at another 5 episodes in this arc at least. Which would make sense as then you'd have 5 anime-only episodes, 9 Minagoroshi episodes and 10 Matsuribayashi episodes. Minagoroshi and Matsuribayashi really are the most important parts of the Higurashi series.
Sep 1, 2007 3:14 PM

Aug 2007
hmmm..that uncle is a bastard
Sep 1, 2007 3:52 PM

Aug 2007
Due to the length of this arc with nothing happening i find the episodes boring. From being over indulged with violence the previous series this arc has seemed to dried up.

Very nice that things are going her way but i couldn't care less. Rather Shion did something brutal to the uncle a few eps back than this lengthy wait. The next scene had better be extra obscene to make up for the lost time.

Sep 1, 2007 4:54 PM

Nov 2006
This was easily one of the best episodes so far, I love how they're handling it.
Just because there was no blood does not make it a waste of time or a bad episode. Can't one just enjoy it without wanting everyone to kill each other? :/
Sep 2, 2007 12:14 AM
Jul 2007
Fight-o Rika-chan! Fight-o Keichi-san! Fight-o Mina-san!! I hope they will crush the fate this time.
Sep 2, 2007 2:08 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
windy said:
This was easily one of the best episodes so far, I love how they're handling it.
Just because there was no blood does not make it a waste of time or a bad episode. Can't one just enjoy it without wanting everyone to kill each other? :/

Never though I'd quote you. :P QFT!

Really intense episode, I'm enjoying this a lot. Loved the scene when Rena was reaching out to Satoko.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 2, 2007 9:08 AM

Jul 2007
asandari said:
I'm currently assuming the series will end in 3 episodes xD

There are still 15 episodes left in the series, so with a few more episodes in this arc, and then the anime-exclusive arc, they should be able to last more than 3 episodes...

Sylias said:
( and rika said two weeks was to short in the beginning... it seems to be longer than any other world up until now... )

It's not really longer, it's just that they go through it more in detail each day than in the other worlds.

Anyways, i was expecting the events to be a bit different because of the previews, but i like the way everything was handled. Satoko overreacting, everone reaching out to her... everything was great. I still wanna see Satoko's uncle dead though... But i guess they'll be able to take care of the problem without violence, which could be just as good...
Sep 3, 2007 5:27 AM

Jul 2007
Yep, didn't even see it was planned for 24 episodes... would have been better if they finished it off in the next three but I suppose there might be more to it...
Sep 3, 2007 12:42 PM

Apr 2007
This was still an excellent episode. This is how Tatarigoroshi-hen should've been done last season. Development that isn't completely rushed. It would've made that arc a lot more cohesive.

I predict this arc still has at least 3 episodes left since the Watanagashi festival hasn't even started yet, and then wait til the end.

Sep 4, 2007 7:37 PM

Jun 2007
one of my fav eps too, i just love the cool way keiichi is acting, and the fact that most of them remember what happened in old worlds is something good methinks.
fav arc so far
planning on getting the game, but i got no time D:
Sep 5, 2007 6:46 PM
Aug 2007
To be honest, I almost slept on this one.
Jan 29, 2008 12:11 PM

Dec 2007
Not really much action but it explained what Satoko's illness really is.

#NBHNC
Mar 14, 2008 4:39 AM

Jan 2008
go Keiichi and Rika-chama! you can do it! lol. XD
still not much bloodshed. XP oh well...
Apr 19, 2008 4:00 AM

Feb 2008
Even though they've explained Satoko's disease, I can't still understand what kind of disease is that.
Jul 19, 2008 4:00 PM

Jun 2008
Yesh!!! It's going really well!!! And Rika's finally gonna help.... *cheering*

Wow... I just noticed... it's only episode 9 o__o

Sig WILL change soon~
Jul 20, 2008 6:44 PM

Jun 2008
I don't mind there being no blood, I'm now cowering behind my blanket ! :DDD
This is getting very interesting, and yet, I had this wierdd thought that maybe "massacre" has something to do with maybe, the whole village killing each other instead.

Since, half of the village is supporting Satoko and the other half hold a grudge against her family, "maybe" they'll go off and baaammm, dead. >:(

Wich I certainly don't want happening. Also, the festival hasn't even arrived yet! So WHO knows what the hell will happen there, okay, c:
Jul 20, 2008 6:44 PM

Jun 2008
This is getting very interesting, and yet, I had this wierdd thought that maybe "massacre" has something to do with maybe, the whole village killing each other instead.

Since, half of the village is supporting Satoko and the other half hold a grudge against her family, "maybe" they'll go off and baaammm, dead. >:(

Wich I certainly don't want happening. Also, the festival hasn't even arrived yet! So WHO knows what the hell will happen there, okay, c:
Aug 31, 2008 6:08 PM

Jan 2008
That's the thought I had halfway through this episode. Sonozaki + Grudgeholders vs Satoko's supporters. Could end very bad for everyone...
Sep 21, 2008 2:09 PM

May 2008
I wish they presented every arc with such detail as this one..but then there would be at least 70 episodes per season :-/
The most interesting part is yet to come :)

And cool K. is cool. The Angel Mort part was good.
Oct 2, 2008 2:23 AM

Mar 2008
"if you continue to hit the bush, the snake will come back out" lmao horrible unintentional innuendo in thier XD or maybe it was a fansubbers joke hahaa

oh man i wish i could do something like gather up a bunch of people to help someone

so her disses is why in the first season when Keichi killed Satokos uncle she thought he was still alive?
Oct 9, 2008 8:51 AM

Jan 2008
Great episode :D

Cool K FTFW!
~de Arimasu
Oct 9, 2008 5:44 PM

Jul 2008
Is it just me or have the last few episodes all ended on an optimistic note only for things to go downhill in the beginning? I really don't like this arc. I mean, the solution to the problem is so simple, all Satoko has to do is admit to being abused. If things are really as bad as she makes it seem, all she was to do is say it and it'll be fixed.

I can't believe the center didn't step in though after she had that episode. Being around her uncle is clearly deterioting her mental state.
Oct 13, 2008 11:50 PM

Feb 2008
Here's something that's been bothering me.

Surely in child protection services in 80s Japan were aware that denial is one of the most basic psychological problems caused by abuse? Hell, I'm sure at least half of all abused children would deny it's existence if asked. Maybe it's a Comicbook-Guy type plot hole (worst episode ever), but it just doesn't make sense that investigation would rest on Satako's statements.
Oct 18, 2008 9:29 AM

Nov 2007
Kittenia said:

Arg! I hadn't even thought of that!
Oct 28, 2008 2:47 PM

Nov 2007
Will this "world" really turn out good?
Oct 29, 2008 9:41 AM

May 2008
Oh my God this is getting epic.
Furude is finally getting up the gumption to actually put herself in the changing mode again. And will hopefully no get the feeling of ultimate failure and give up like she says she will if it doesn't work out. Which it surely will, given we have several episodes left.
(Like she even has the choice to give up anyway.:/ )

And Lmao @ the the return of "K".xD
Never fails to crack me up.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Nov 14, 2008 2:57 PM

Nov 2007
Oooh, K. XD at the group of Angel Morte regulars.

It's nice to see everyone banding together and all, but I wish the pacing was a bit faster. Then again, this arc has really given me a taste of how Rika must feel about every loop of these two weeks -- long, agonizing, and filled with ups and downs.

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Nov 19, 2008 5:38 PM

Aug 2008
Ryderj said:

Surely in child protection services in 80s Japan were aware that denial is one of the most basic psychological problems caused by abuse? Hell, I'm sure at least half of all abused children would deny it's existence if asked. Maybe it's a Comicbook-Guy type plot hole (worst episode ever), but it just doesn't make sense that investigation would rest on Satako's statements.

duh Obviously. Wouldn't trained people expect this when dealing with possibly traumatized kids? And I'm sure she has bruises all over, so if they closely inspect her body, and there's substantial evidence that something's wrong near her for them to easily get a warrant, then of course they would know. But no, they choose to be dicks and ignore the pleas of an even organized group of appealers and supporters.
You just have to ignore the stuff I mentioned above... like I did myself -_-
No need to dwindle on it...
That aside... K's awesome! Rika-chan expects alot out of him ^^
Too bad I can't seem to think that all of this will turn out well in the end...
Mion's household appear like they will become a big barrier next episode.
By the way, this is a long arc, longest so far.
Dec 14, 2008 10:52 PM

Dec 2008
Genix said:
Ryderj said:

duh Obviously. Wouldn't trained people expect this when dealing with possibly traumatized kids? And I'm sure she has bruises all over, so if they closely inspect her body, and there's substantial evidence that something's wrong near her for them to easily get a warrant, then of course they would know. But no, they choose to be dicks and ignore the pleas of an even organized group of appealers and supporters.
You just have to ignore the stuff I mentioned above... like I did myself -_-
No need to dwindle on it...
That aside... K's awesome! Rika-chan expects alot out of him ^^
Too bad I can't seem to think that all of this will turn out well in the end...
Mion's household appear like they will become a big barrier next episode.
By the way, this is a long arc, longest so far.

I feel like slapping those people working in the welfare organisation but well... this is a story so I dont expect everything to be very logical. Just ignore such things bah.
Mar 8, 2009 8:16 PM

Jul 2008
wow, so now keiichi is the general of the otaku faction? that pretty cool; when you need help to save a little girl, ask some otaku's for help ^_^
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 11, 2009 10:58 PM

May 2008
Really good episode although I'm still shocked at the lack of blood shed, although I have no problem with how things are going... it's just so weird. :x
Apr 12, 2009 6:26 PM

Jul 2008
Not that great of a Higurashi episode just because no new piece of information was really brought into this episode, it is kinda of cool though to see everyone working together instead of cleaving each other.
Apr 30, 2009 7:36 PM

Aug 2008
myanimelistlogin said:

I aint gonna lie, I almost did too, Maybe I keep remembering too much from the first series but this one seems alot more ex..plainy. Not that I don't mind filling in information that hasn't been revealed but.. get to it!

May 31, 2009 1:18 PM
Mar 2009
I liked this episode. Instead of mindless violence, they were actually working together. The otaku part was totally hilarious~
Jul 10, 2009 1:55 AM
Apr 2009
Not going to lie, without mindless violence, this show is pretty boring.
Aug 1, 2009 9:27 AM

Dec 2008
myanimelistlogin said:

mee too ,this ep felt like it took ours
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2009 8:55 PM

Aug 2007
I kinda miss the bloodshed, but I guess this is a nice, relaxing season. Although, I did like the sudden zoom on Rika at the end. Reminded me of last season... Anyway, this Satoko stuff is kind of annoying because it seems to never get resolved, but I'm hoping something miraculous will take place.
Sep 13, 2009 9:46 AM

Jul 2009
Go Go Keiichi! His speech got me all fired up =D

No bloodshed so far though and no really "disturbing" events either, I'm expecting a real slaughterhouse massacre at the end of this arc because things are going way too good and we're only on episode 9.
Jan 25, 2010 9:21 AM

Aug 2008
I wish Hanyuu has more screentime. I was so pleased when she appeared.

Nice ep overall. :D
Feb 18, 2010 11:32 AM

Aug 2008
ughh, fuck this uncle. but i'm also mad at Satoko, idk why but i disliked her from the first episode of 1st series. she irritates me, she complains on herself and Satoshi and later swagger , uh, nevermind. but i hope that everything will go good, Rika's hope is at last level, and in this world everything is going better than in others.
Rika, give your all!

and hm... here is so little recalling about Oyashiro-sama curse and Watanagashi festival.
Mar 27, 2010 8:28 AM
Jan 2010
darkerealm said:
I wish Hanyuu has more screentime. I was so pleased when she appeared.

This series is in a dire need for more screentime for this moeblob, I agree.
Apr 2, 2010 8:49 AM

Jan 2010
Takano-san, Irie-san and the photographer are still bothering me... who are they? What is their so called "research"? They are more than they appear, that's for sure, but who exactly are they...?
Apr 23, 2010 5:49 PM

Feb 2010
Well, on it goes. Episode was kinda entertaining although there was no real plot development again.
I like the second season as well, but so far I'm way more intrigued by the first one...
I probably regret this post by now.
May 11, 2010 4:01 PM

Sep 2009
That's quite a nice army they have there. I fear the ending of this arc.
Jun 14, 2010 2:01 PM

Mar 2009
If they fail to change the fate in this world then i can't even think of how they would be able to do it in another coming world after this one.
Jul 1, 2010 11:34 PM

May 2010
Nippa...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 3, 2010 1:04 PM

Dec 2009
Satoko is just annoying , why doesn't sh just admit ? Everybody got over their problems , why is she always the drama queen?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.