Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Feb 9, 2020 8:38 PM
Review Moderator
Mar 2018
Oreki is a really fun character to watch. His interactions with the other three are very interesting.

Floating Around...

"You're loved as deeply as the ocean reaches"

May 28, 2020 6:54 AM

Mar 2020
these "mysteries" are almost as dull as these bland ass characters
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jun 4, 2020 9:58 PM

Aug 2019
wait WHAT Chitanda voice actress is Sato Satomi??? You mean the same voice actress that plays Ritsu the tom-boy drummer of the K-On club??? Holy hell Ritsu and Chitanda are like both extremely different to one another maybe even opposites, but thats so interesting they share the same vc.
Ahhh yes i have to agree on this one. This anime does kinda feel like a watered down My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU, my unforgettable hero Hachiman and Houtarou of this anime both seem to share similar mind sets to one another. Not saying the similarities to the animes are bad, if anything i'm relieved they have similarities as Oregairu season 3 was delayed due to corona so the next best thing would be this. Guess i know i'll enjoy this anime a lot then.
Aug 14, 2020 12:44 PM

Sep 2018
Jesus, Chitanda's really fucking irritating and selfish. Seriously, just give Oreki some peace! I'm hoping she'll get better later on in the series, but I'm not betting anything on it.
Aug 25, 2020 12:28 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I still don't know how can Oreki be that clever lol it's not even human at this point.
Looking forward to hearing the confession.
Aug 29, 2020 12:08 AM

Jul 2020
Now that’s interesting. The mysteries they were trying to solve might be so simple but the way they uncover it were done brilliantly. You will also think and try to uncover it yourself. Now I want to see more of these and became so curious like Chitanda lol.
Sep 8, 2020 6:11 AM

Jun 2020
god i love the art & animation, as expected of kyoani.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Nov 3, 2020 2:35 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
This was my first time watching anime in 2x speed and damn, it really cuts the down time. What is otherwise slow and a drag is compacted into a neat little package. Wish I could keep doing this, but the voices being so fast is just throwing me off too much. But man what a time saver....

Yeah I did this because I got the impression that this is a slow paced anime, which it pretty much is. I’m curious in this show, but at the same time I don’t want it to be a drag. I’m not just going to easily pass up a work by Kyoto animation though, as this is yet another good one. Everyone I know who watches anime have already watched hyouka; kind of just watching this because I don’t want to be left out. Great characters no doubt, but the plot just seems a bit boring to me. Will watch a few more episodes to get more of a feeling for it though before considering putting it to the side.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 20, 2021 7:51 PM

Jan 2016
Chitanda is waifu. Well I think the first 2 episodes are just to set the tone of the anime. No way they do 20+ episodes of just kid levels mysteries. There’s probably a reason why this anime has a lot of members and rating of 8, we just have to be patient

Jan 31, 2021 10:18 PM

Feb 2019
I love the visuals of this show. This show has its own type of vibe, greatly exemplified by the cafe at the end though I can't put it into words. It's an olden, classic type of feeling. And as someone who loves literature, especially Japanese literature, the literature-esque scenes such as the timeline were a visual treat!

Eru is also really cute, especially at the end there!
Apr 12, 2021 7:05 AM

Jun 2020
The club got back eventually and Eru plans on club activities for them but as we know Oreki is still conserving his energy

Our fourth character in this series Mayaka Ibara, Eru got curious again by a book that's been borrowed and returned the same day and with Oreki around we know that he'll solve the mystery

Eru requested to see Oreki on a Sunday and she said that it is like a confession in some sort of way.I wonder what it is
May 4, 2021 7:50 AM

Sep 2012
rewatching 2nd time but got bored, i guess i am in the mood for something with bit comedy in it, in a mood where 2much mystery puts me to sleep :D

OweynLupton said:
Jesus, Chitanda's really fucking irritating and selfish. Seriously, just give Oreki some peace! I'm hoping she'll get better later on in the series, but I'm not betting anything on it.

he needs saving and she is saving him or he dies alone that's fate of hes type if no1 drags him out of the hole hes in

i have different issue not about energy like him and i wish i had some1 who just won't let me be
similar to this series in a way
https://myanimelist.net/anime/41226/Uzaki-chan_wa_Asobitai
just like this 2chars

just not social butterfly like some, i just reflex to build wall around my heart (meaning keeping certain distance with ppl) and i hate parties

my party is either grilling and then eating it and then talking with relatives or if its relatives birthday party simple siting eating cake and talking, so my type of party is laid back less active just siting eating and talking, also don't like drunk ppl, i avoid them its 2much of a hassle and also i can't hit ppl (i have mental block that doesn't allow it so i am pretty defenseless, ofc that also hits to self confidence and that's like a chain reaction connected to other things what make me the way i am part of the reason), i don't feel i fit in anywhere

if i had some1 like her or like https://myanimelist.net/character/167031/Hana_Uzaki in my life i would probably have family by new

u see some type of ppl need her type of ppl in their life to change a bit to get out of the hole so they can start to live

one day he will be grateful that she was the type of person that she is and stick with him and marries her

i envy MC's in this type of animes where they are lone wolves who don't fit in anywhere cause there is a girl who ruins their quiet and peaceful life and give them reason to live

u lack of understanding of things and issues why some ppl are like him or like me we are different and yet somewhat a alike

been lone wolf sins 12 and i probably will be for life cause sh like this doesn't happen in real life

Sugram22May 6, 2021 10:25 AM
May 26, 2021 12:09 PM
Jun 2015
Nice 2 Ep!
I feel like Eru has some kind of "dark" secret!
Another 8,5/10 for this Episode!
Let's see where this goes, but really enjoyed the first two Episodes!
Aug 29, 2021 7:24 PM
Jun 2014
Still getting used to Ritsu's new voice. The art style in this show is seriously impressive.

Since it is, at least so far, a depressed male meets manic pixie dream girl, the show is trying to depict Eru's interactions with Oreki as magical and that she's bringing him out of his shell. But since Oreki is such a boring character so far its not really offering much yet and can even be seen as Eru invading his personal space. I hope Oreki at least develops a sense of humour at some point.
Dec 22, 2021 3:11 AM
May 2020
why leave it at a cliffhanger like that. THE PAINNNN
Jan 6, 2022 1:38 PM

Jul 2021
I liked this episode a lot more than the first one.
I'm curious to know what Chitanda will tell to Houtarou.
asdasdsadad
Aug 9, 2022 2:41 PM

Aug 2018
And the mystery of the book was solved, let's see what Chitanda will say to Oreki.
Sep 25, 2022 2:05 PM

Aug 2021
good episode again... i'm still not 100% sure what the premise they're going for here is but it's entertaining and has great animation and sound
Oct 8, 2022 5:26 AM
Jan 2022
the girls are a BIG problem
Oct 24, 2022 9:06 PM
Apr 2021
WERF dcwWQWHBbnwb wf AdWA
Nov 23, 2022 11:04 PM

Jan 2022
ah now you've done it you dumb mf. Pretty girl bout to confess and ya just had to open ur big dumb mouth. See how far being a cringy edge lord gets ya
-insert NGE meme here-
Dec 2, 2022 1:58 PM

Mar 2019
That ending looked way more serious than I was expecting. Also wow, I didn't expect Oreki to be that serious with his day off, but I can see why he's doing it, Chitanda does seem like a child.

We got introduced to Ibara, the faces she does are great, especially when she's talking about Oreki, it's too funny. Now, I wonder what Chitanda has to say.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jan 24, 2023 10:49 AM
Feb 2019
hmm so weird, boring but interesting same time
Jul 23, 2023 7:46 PM

Oct 2022
In the beginning, I thought she was a ghost. Now I'm thinking she has a curse of some sort. That might explain the enhanced hearing and smell. Perhaps all her senses are enhanced?

Oct 15, 2023 9:35 PM
Oct 2023
It is still very early in the series; I am not sure what I think about it yet.
Oct 20, 2023 11:19 PM

Dec 2022
Oreki is going to be treated as the town's local volunteer detective now, I think. Better bail out while you can.

Shaded Horizon

Jan 21, 2:04 PM

Jan 2021
Nice visuals

This anime puts me to sleep so purely

Gn gals
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2012

267 by Miedori »»
May 4, 10:12 AM

» No romance here

YuniVT - Mar 10

26 by KitsuFrost »»
Apr 28, 4:21 AM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 5, 2012

185 by Dasfonia »»
Apr 16, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 6, 2012

266 by Cammell »»
Apr 8, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 22, 2012

491 by Prosper20 »»
Apr 5, 7:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.