Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2012 6:42 AM

Feb 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, how did you like it?

Overall I liked the drama feeling this re-cap had but I didn't get the fragment thing and what the hell was that about her waiting for Renton. Did they get somehow separated after Eureka 7's ending, could explain - spoiler for episode 3 of AO:

To be honest, this didn't explain much of what was happening in Eureka 7 besides the obvious romance. It would be better to read the wiki if you don't remember much about the original and want to watch AO.
ZhouApr 27, 2012 6:52 AM
Apr 27, 2012 9:32 AM
Sep 2011
It was quite confusing and I learned more about the relationships between the characters than the plot aside the fact that Eureka was supposed to be born to protect the planet, yet that it would be destroyed if she stayed. Anyway it's nice to learn something about the protagonists of the predecessor of E7 AO as a newcomer like me.
Apr 27, 2012 10:00 AM

Apr 2011
This is really confusing :(
So i'm assuming that they got separated and promised each other that they will get back together one day.
Apr 27, 2012 3:54 PM
Sep 2009
I just watched the recap episode of Eureka Seven and it left a bit of a foul taste in my mouth.

The way it basically sounded in this recap is very different to the original ending. It sounded like Eureka stayed and became part of the Coralian mind, with renton and eureka both saying they'll meet each other again and Eureka saying that she can deal with this burden if it's to save the planet/people she loves.

Rather than in the original series where nirvash opted to become the control centre itself and pushed both eureka and renton out.

Did anyone else see it this way?
Apr 27, 2012 5:19 PM

Sep 2011
wasnt that how the manga ended?

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 27, 2012 5:50 PM

Jan 2009
the old series does not have those 7 fragments as far as i remember, and the ending of the first series concluded well, in fact they became together in the end

so ye it looks like Eureka AO is an alternative universe or a parallel universe lol

its still confusing at this point gonna watch Eureka AO until the end to see if this is really a sequel or just a spin-off
Apr 27, 2012 7:44 PM

Jan 2008
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
wasnt that how the manga ended?

If that's true I'm glad I watched the anime rather than reading the manga.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
Apr 27, 2012 10:45 PM
Jan 2009
the manga was so good

it didn't even end like that, it was just a soul-crushing, bitter ending where pretty much no one got what they wanted or deserved and renton ends up a broken man
Apr 27, 2012 10:51 PM
Mar 2012
so wait...is this the same mysterious episode 51 that floated around for a couple years as just a script? they actually animated it?
Apr 27, 2012 11:06 PM

May 2009
If it is they didn't exactly animate it....
Apr 27, 2012 11:27 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
I found this barely comprehensible, and it feels quite scattered. As someone else mentioned earlier, I didn't get the thing with the fragments. I understand it would be difficult to sum up a 50-episode series in one episode, but I think it could have been streamlined a lot better than this. I also thought I remembered the E7 series ending on a happier note.

Meh.
Apr 27, 2012 11:30 PM
Sep 2009
Indeed, the manga wasn't really like that at all, some things were similar, but most were not, episode 0 of E7AO shows most of the original anime plot, but with some changes or perhaps just forgetting to add some things (dosnt seem likely to me). Also the manga wasn't canon, Eureka Seven was an original anime production.

This episode 0 was a really confusing mashup of video from the original with a new voice over, that pretty much spat all over the original storyline and talked about eureka laying her "gems" in different parts of the land (ie becoming one with it). Then when it effectively ended without saying nirvash let renton or eureka go and became the coralien brain itself, I got super angry nerd neckbeard mad :| They better not try to "alternative reality" this.
Apr 28, 2012 12:06 AM
Mar 2012
just watched it...and yeah similiar to an amv, still pretty good fit though, and i am sort of assuming that the seven fragments have to do with the souls stored within the nirvash in the last episode or something like that, maybe Ao actually ended up with one (the bracelet?) thus allowing him to activate the nirvash as "eureka" as well as the fact he is her son i believe
Apr 28, 2012 4:33 AM

Dec 2009
I never thought an episode with only dialogue and music could bring so much impact. I even got a bit teary.

This episode brings forth an important question:

- Is this an alternative ending to the original series?

- Did this happen efter the ending to the original series?

- Was this whole episode a recap of an alternative version of the whole series?
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Apr 28, 2012 2:05 PM
Mar 2012
i was reading up on new order, supposedly new order is just a recap of the original series to prepare for Ao
Apr 28, 2012 2:19 PM

Feb 2010
Eureka and Renton got separated at the end of the manga, I guess they went with this version.
Apr 28, 2012 2:29 PM
Mar 2012
im with you riavan...while i enjoy eureka 7's intricate plot points i do not want any time travel or alternate reality bs, im really hoping for a direct sequel and continuation of the world i fell in love with, i guess only time will tell though =/
Apr 28, 2012 4:34 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
Glad to see I am not the only one who went WTF at this episode and is :\ in general. Not sure if want.
Apr 28, 2012 7:02 PM

Aug 2009
this shit doesn't make any sense, thanks Jetstorm666 for clarifying that, you did a better job than this crappy recap
Apr 28, 2012 7:59 PM
Mar 2012
i certainly hope not...hated the manga ending...i though the manga ending was considered non-canon with the anime anyway...
Apr 28, 2012 10:32 PM

Oct 2011
WOOOOOOOWWW~ brings back memories :> ,this was the first anime i watched afterall.............i just kept thinking the whole time while watching this ......*" TTvTT i miss your beautifull face holland!"*!!!!!!
Apr 29, 2012 4:05 AM

Dec 2009
Jetstorm666 said:
Eureka and Renton got separated at the end of the manga, I guess they went with this version.

Nah, the manga is too different from the manga for that to make any sense. Especially since Scub Coral is different, it wouldn't make any sense to go with that ending.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Apr 29, 2012 10:28 PM
Mar 2012
true, theyd have to change the whole essence of the series for it to work...i mean they positively hated the scubs and eureka in the manga...
Apr 30, 2012 9:20 PM
Jul 2018
Well that sucked as a recap, I still remember barely anything about the first series.
May 2, 2012 12:18 AM

Jan 2012
i liked this recap. great refresher on how deep eureka seven was.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
May 8, 2012 11:47 AM

Jul 2008
j0x said:
the old series does not have those 7 fragments as far as i remember, and the ending of the first series concluded well, in fact they became together in the end

At first, I didn't believe the 'seven fragments' bit either so I watched the last episode again to prove it wrong. But when it came to the part where Nirvash ejected both Renton and Eureka out - there were certainly 7 green particles being scattered all over the planet. However, with that in mind, I can't quite connect it to what Eureka is telling us in the New Order on how SHE divided the fragments herself whereas the last episode shows us that NIRVASH was the one who did it before her.

Honestly, I'm still a bit confused so I'm sticking to Eureka's words in the Order for now. I could have seen it in a vague perspective, but who knows?

As far as Eureka dropping out from the sky, it may be a symbolical thing, like a fallen angel rejected or who ran away from heaven to become a human in Earth. She did wanted to emulate the feelings of such being during the anime series. Can't say for sure in the manga since I haven't finished reading it. Oh well...
May 22, 2012 6:14 AM

Jul 2009
I presume this is a continuation of the anime and that everything will be explained and revealed in time.

I do believe the 7 fragments thing may be a lesser mentioned part of the series, but was implied heavily. It fits together quite well after watching NO.

It's important to note that we have no idea what is happening in AO still when it comes to the previous series connections.
Jun 10, 2012 10:09 AM

Sep 2009
Can someone explain what that was basically all about? I got something about Eureka leaving, something about 7 fragments, and Renton promising to meet again. But what lead up to this, is there anything I missed, and how does this connect to Eureka seven AO?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2012 2:13 AM
Jul 2012
metazoxan said:
Can someone explain what that was basically all about? I got something about Eureka leaving, something about 7 fragments, and Renton promising to meet again. But what lead up to this, is there anything I missed, and how does this connect to Eureka seven AO?

Here are the 7 Fragments...Sorry bit late to the races.

From what I understand they are a part of her, but also a part of the land. They scattered at the end of the series and some time after the end Eureka realizes she has to return them in order to save the planet....but what made her realize this is unknown.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags. Please use them for large images.
LunaAug 4, 2012 9:12 PM
Jul 9, 2012 12:47 PM

Jan 2008
Just watches this episode because some people think that it might be important for the events to follow in AO. It was quite confusing for me and many questions popped up in my head. Can't really say whether this is an alternative ending of the original series or not and whether AO is based on this alterntaive ending or on the "real" ending seen in episode 50... I hope the next AO episodes will make things clearer

btw: this episode made me remember how AWESOME Sato Naokis music was for the original series. Especially the emotional tracks gave me goosebumps once again. Too bad he wasn't chosen to compose the music for AO.
Jul 26, 2012 7:59 AM
Jul 2012
metazoxan said:

ok, so everyone seems confused. hell, im confused too. so dont take what im about to say like its the right thing. WARNING: ALSO BE CAREFUL BECAUSE IF YOU HAVENT SEEN EPISODES 12-14 IN EUREKA AO THEN THERE MIGHT BE SPOILERS FOR YOU!!

What I'm thinking is that this episode basically was made to set up the new series Eureka AO...which of course is obvious...but it doesn't become obvious until you see those episodes in Eureka AO (12-14) when Eureka comes back to Earth. Remember her saying to Ao how she had to leave Renton, but he would be coming back for her soon? Well, that's the dialogue for the most part that is happening between Eureka and Renton in the New Order Episode (or episode 51 or episode 0, whatever you wanna call it). The dialogue between Eureka and Renton when he doesn't want her to leave is her leaving to go back to the Earth where they met. She had to go to Earth to place the fragments so that she wasn't forgotten. Because if in fact she was forgotten, then the Earth her and Renton exist on and evolutionized would cease to exist. WHICH! is also why Anemone's dialogue makes sense. Eureka wasn't ready to place the last fragment for a reason I wasnt too clear on, but that pissed Anemone off because that would ruin the earth Eureka and Renton inhabited after the last episode which would put a halt in the coralian-human understanding progress.

Now, the only thing that's confusing is why in E7AO they think the pregnant Eureka that visits is from the future...but that's not what this forum is for so I'll leave it up to watching more AO to figure out that part of things.

You have to realize that the show is so open ended- there is no absolute answer to everything. That's the point of leaving it open ended so that the viewers can take their own understanding and message from it and draw the lines themselves. Yes, there are a lot of things set in stone about the series, but there are also open ended things that will most likely never be answered. I mean, we wouldn't wanna reach the "Limit of Questions" now would we ;-) ?
Dec 17, 2012 8:53 PM

Jun 2007
I'm not sure if it was clearly stated yet or not, but I'll take the liberty to explain what exactly E7: New Order is. That is, of course, if you skipped the synopsis on the main info page, but I've added some other context not mentioned there.

Rather than an anime adaptation of a manga, the anime version of PoP:E7 was the original concept. Although the first manga chapter was released before the first episode, the manga's concept itself came from the anime, which had been in the conceptual/production phase for a long time. The anime, manga, and light novels all had different endings; in other words, they were independent of each other. The endings obviously differ from one another (manga and LN being the sadder ones).

PoP:E7 was originally supposed to have a sad ending; this is New Order. The series was built and written with the original intention of Eureka sacrificing herself in order to save the planet and avoid the Limit of Questions. She would do this by scattering herself into seven pieces across the land where she held distinct memories. That's the "Seven" in "Eureka Seven." Had this been the actual ending, the anime would be different starting from episode 40-something to accommodate this ending, and some may still notice the thematic buildup the anime does to facilitate the original ending (in contrast with the actual ending coming out of left field).

The story goes that Bones was very captivated by and attached to the voice acting cast of the anime. When the cast finally learned about the original ending where Eureka sacrificed herself to save the planet, they became so emotional that it affected the anime staff. After some soul searching, rather than going through with the sad ending, the staff changed the ending to a happy one (which was admittedly over-the-top, but who's complaining at this point). New Order is what is left of the original recordings from the intended ending. They apparently did not keep or had not animated those scenes yet, which led them to use old scenes from that anime and why the actual viewing of New Order may been so confusing for so many people.

Basically, New Order was PoP:E7's originally intended ending, though now it only serves as a "what if?" scenario. I guess you could say it was fan-service from Bones (they got to have their sad endings in the manga and the light novels). In regards to E7:AO, New Order has absolutely nothing to do with it. E7:AO is based on the ending that aired in the anime, i.e. Wish Upon a Star.

(edit: as of the latest date of this edit, there is now a manga version of Eureka Seven: New Order that is currently being serialized)
Kjeldoran109Oct 21, 2013 1:30 PM
Apr 11, 2013 2:40 PM

Feb 2010
This episode was such a mess... I shouldn't have broken my promise not to watch anything Eureka Seven-related ever again.
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.
Oct 21, 2013 10:09 AM
Sep 2013
Could anyone mail me where i can watch it, cause i cant find it on the net... thanks in advance !
Jul 9, 2014 8:36 PM

Oct 2013
Dam I a s HUGE fan oe eureka seven I really didn't like this ending
the anime origianl end was better imo
the episode was kind of bad jsut a voice over of scene from the show :/
6/10 I guess....
[/quote]
Aug 20, 2014 5:40 PM

May 2012
Interesting episode, quite nice take on a sort of recap like episode but it's not directly a recap which is nice. I'm not sure why it was in 4:3 which did bother me but in the end the overall episode was quite interesting and lovely!
Dec 20, 2015 6:34 PM
Oct 2015
Am I the only one, who found this ending to be better than the one that aired? Sure, it is lacking some of the setup that would have been in the earlier episodes (a part of why the series seemed to just paddle in place for a few episodes towards the end?), as Kjeldoran mentioned, and is therefore somewhat incomprehensible if you try to fit it in with the existing episodes.

But still, I vastly prefer this ending to the cheesy "everybody is happy and love-wins-all" one they ended up with. Maybe it is just me, but this version seemed to leave the watcher with less questions and contradictory thoughts, too. Less confusion and frustration after the final episode equals a better ending in my book (looking at you, Gainax).

Also, if you have not read the plot synopsis on e7wiki, I recommend you do so. There would have been more this episode than was included in the audio.
Damn how I wish the producers would have seen it through to this ending.
Sep 1, 2018 11:00 AM
May 2018
lollermaster said:

But still, I vastly prefer this ending to the cheesy "everybody is happy and love-wins-all" one they ended up with. Maybe it is just me, but this version seemed to leave the watcher with less questions and contradictory thoughts, too. Less confusion and frustration after the final episode equals a better ending in my book (looking at you, Gainax).

Also, if you have not read the plot synopsis on e7wiki, I recommend you do so. There would have been more this episode than was included in the audio.
Damn how I wish the producers would have seen it through to this ending.

As if this ending was any less cheesy. Having a happy ending isn't a bad thing you know.
Nov 13, 2020 8:44 PM

Jul 2012
Damn, this would have been hella sad to have been the original ending. I found myself tearing up.

I wonder if this ending would have been better than the one we got. I don't think the ending of the series is bad, but I feel like this ending has even more emotions tied to it, and feels a little more conclusive than the original one.

I enjoyed this a lot!

9/10
Feb 17, 2023 1:54 PM

Mar 2016
Despite how painful and devastating this ending would have been, it's a poetically beautiful ending. it would mean the end of Renton's and Eureka's story together. One would cease to exist in her humanoid form while one would die eventually never to further his bloodline due to the ending mentioning how Eureka is Renton's first and LAST love. But seriously, this ending is arguable better than the main ending from the TV show, why? 

Because with Renton's and Eureka's story together stopped, we would not have to see the God-awful Ao and all other forms of continuation. On God.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.