Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 18, 2012 4:25 PM
Apr 2012
I'm only on the third episode, but so far it's been quite boring to watch and a chore to sit through. Should I man up and watch the rest, or is it going to be this melodramatic for the rest of the show?
Apr 18, 2012 4:34 PM

Jan 2012
I know that feel bro.

I think I got up to about ep 6 when I call it quit... I'm just too old to enjoy it I guess.

I'd say try a couple more eps and drop it if it feels like a torture to you.
Apr 18, 2012 4:35 PM

Nov 2008
Oh man, you haven't seen anything yet. The second season will really put your current boredom into perspective.
Apr 18, 2012 4:36 PM

Mar 2011
...I'm suspicious now? Welcome to MAL btw.

The liked the first season enough since it was a nice mix of action and romance, but damn the next seasons sucked hard. Direction was everywhere, the pacing inconsistent, and the writing mediocre. If you don't like the first season then don't go through with it since from there it only gets worse.
What do you think you're piloting? Great Mazinger? Dangaioh? For Pete's sake, this isn't some robot cartoon whose main character is an autistic kid or some punk. - Kiichi Goto, Mobile Police Patlabor
Apr 18, 2012 4:36 PM

Jun 2010
Somewhat.
Apr 18, 2012 4:37 PM

Mar 2009
It gets more annoying around after episode 5.
Apr 18, 2012 4:42 PM

Oct 2011
T'was boring the first 2 seasons.
Apr 18, 2012 4:44 PM

Jun 2010
Oh well, I agree on the above comments.
Apr 18, 2012 4:44 PM
Nov 2010
Is Shakugan no Shana worth watching?

Yes, it is
Apr 18, 2012 4:49 PM

Mar 2011
It's not very good, nor is the second season, and I dropped the third season.
Apr 18, 2012 4:49 PM

Apr 2011
toybox said:
...I'm suspicious now? Welcome to MAL btw.

The liked the first season enough since it was a nice mix of action and romance, but damn the next seasons sucked hard. Direction was everywhere, the pacing inconsistent, and the writing mediocre. If you don't like the first season then don't go through with it since from there it only gets worse.

Have to agree with you here. First season was pretty good. I liked the second season when I first watched it, but looking back it was quite the mess. And the third season was just awful, I only watched it for closure.
Apr 18, 2012 4:52 PM

Jul 2007
The first season is great, the second season grinds from the start and doesn't pick up until the halfway mark, but wow does it pick up. Then season 3 starts off solid, starts to fall apart midway, and ends in one of the worst endings I have ever seen for an anime.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Apr 18, 2012 4:53 PM

Aug 2010
3rd season was almost as shit as Oremo, so don't bother with it.
Apr 18, 2012 4:59 PM

May 2011
First season 3/10
Second 2/10
OVA series 2/10

Seen around half of the 3rd one. Wanting to continue with it but I always found something more interesting, like forks. Forks are great.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Apr 18, 2012 5:06 PM
May 2010
I loved the first 2, third one pissed me off because it could have been solved by 20 minutes of talking between all involved characters.

However, our tastes seem to be quite different so I dont think my enjoyment of it is a good sign for you necessarily.
Worships Asparagus.
May 15, 2012 1:49 PM
May 2012
First season: 10/10
Second season: 10/10
Third season: 4/10

Definetly worth watching imo, but it all depends on your taste...
May 15, 2012 2:04 PM

Mar 2009
Watch it for Rie Kugimiya Tsundere
May 26, 2012 2:03 PM

Jul 2007
It really depends on your preference, yes thier are some great action moments like the ever so popular battle against Sabrac in season 2. Which is personally one of my favorite action moments in the whole series.

But shakugna no shana is not just bout the action, it is of course bout the drama between the characters, but in a way imo this helps make the characters have a more deep sense of human like qualities. When their not just going around as flame haze destroying the tomagara. Season 2 did an excellent job in that i think.

Season 3 is way more action oriented but it has a very unexpected plot twist that some people enjoyed well other's didn't.

Anyways like i said, it really depends on how your preferences, if you don't like all the drama just in the first few episodes season 1, which does not have that much, then season 2 is going to dissapoint you probably because thier is 4 times the amount of drama at least.

May 26, 2012 2:05 PM

Apr 2011
First season is pretty good, 2nd is decent, final is terrible.
May 26, 2012 2:29 PM

May 2012
my opinion is this anime doesn't match its genre, especially second season. it gets annoying, really my top 2 annoying anime after Ah! My Goddess
Sore Wa Himitsu Desu
May 26, 2012 3:31 PM

Jan 2012
its okay but the shana-tans are definitely worth a watch, but they won't really gonna make sense if u don't watch the main series.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
May 26, 2012 3:44 PM

Sep 2011
1st season starts off good but loses itself, its a 6/7

2nd season is boring as shit, goes no where, follows alot of cliches and is overall bad

3rd season is a train wreck on par with code geass R2 and guilty crown of being crushed under its own weight

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 26, 2012 3:46 PM

Aug 2010
But Code Geass R2 and Guilty Crown were entertaining, Shana was just.....nothing.
May 26, 2012 3:50 PM
Feb 2011
Drop it now, it doesn't get any better.
­
May 26, 2012 4:05 PM

Sep 2011
KeiraShikari said:
But Code Geass R2 and Guilty Crown were entertaining, Shana was just.....nothing.
guilty crown was entertainingm code geass R2 and shana 3 were just painful, and i said they were on par for crumbling under their own weight not on par all together, shana 3 is way worse than R2 and GC

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 4, 2013 11:28 PM
Aug 2013
Well, I fell absolutely in love with the 1st season, then the second was terrible, it didnt start well, and they also changed the already awesome dubbed cast. Yeah, i watch dubbed. But you can stop watching if you finished season one, because its like its over anyways
Aug 5, 2013 4:45 PM

Aug 2013
I really don't have a good answer to this.
Now, the action scenes were outstanding. Each and every single one of them were gripping and I wanted to watch more and more of it. However, the pacing and the characters were all shot to hell.
Useless characters/plot devices galore!
Also, though the romance wasn't the weakest point of the anime, it sure wasn't the strongest. There's this stupid love triangle between
Turn your brain off while watching this. When I mean off, I mean whenever any logical thought crosses your mind, stop watching, roll in mud for half an hour, and resume your viewing. Despite its flaws, I found Shana to be a pretty enjoyable series.
Oh, and before I forget, WATCH IT SUBBED. THE DUBBED VERSION IS HORRIBLE.
Edit: Nvm about my dub comment. I gave it another shot, and it actually isn't that bad. It's by Funimation, so the dub was pretty well casted.
StillSwingin007Sep 1, 2013 2:54 PM
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga
Death Cab for Cutie > Yuki Kajura

"Who'd you rather be? The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?"

MY REVIEWS! READ THEM. http://myanimelist.net/profile/StillSwingin007/reviews
Aug 8, 2013 8:55 AM

Sep 2011
Its okay, I watched it after watching the super depressing Victory Gundam. While I didn't care at all for the cliched romantic triangle and most of the characters I kept watching it casually. There's nothing particularly impressive about the series its basically a poor mans Bleach. Some of the characters are more likable then others and unlike most people who have seen the series I think the first two season where worse than the final season. The last season felt like it was going somewhere; the first two seasons are mostly slice of life that lead up to the last season which is one big arc. Overall I'd say the series is a solid 7/10. Its a decent show worth watching if you are bored and just want to watch something that doesn't require all your attention.
Aug 8, 2013 9:05 AM

Jul 2013
Dropped it after episode 9 season 1
Aug 9, 2013 4:19 AM
Aug 2013
Liked the first. Loved the second. Hated the 3rd, which was total train-wreck with an hasty illogical end. It's like an alternate universe. I still can't believe how this thing derailed.
User_TronAug 9, 2013 4:32 AM
Sep 26, 2013 2:55 AM

Jul 2013
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

2nd season is boring as shit, goes no where, follows alot of cliches and is overall bad

3rd season is a train wreck on par with code geass R2 and guilty crown of being crushed under its own weight

Haven't seen Guilty Crown but if it was on par with R2 then I suppose I'll have to check this anime out. I for one didn't have a problem with R2. In fact I can't remember the last time I've seen an anime where people didn't complain about its quality deteriorating.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2013 2:59 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Minagatachi said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

Haven't seen Guilty Crown but if it was on par with R2 then I suppose I'll have to check this anime out. I for one didn't have a problem with R2. In fact I can't remember the last time I've seen an anime where people didn't complain about its quality deteriorating.

I think SnS was really interesting as a concept, but it kinda derailed a bit after a while. Seasons 1 and 2 were pretty good but the last one was pretty weird, not entirely sure what to think of that one.

I don't regret watching it though, Shana as a character is great if anything.
Oct 26, 2022 5:30 PM

Jul 2021
JizzyHitler said:

What the heck are you saying about Code Geass R2??? The ending of that anime is a masterpiece!
Oct 26, 2022 6:48 PM

Sep 2011
RjtheGreat14 said:
JizzyHitler said:

What the heck are you saying about Code Geass R2??? The ending of that anime is a masterpiece!
Shit was cool to hate over a decade ago so i was probably just bandwagoning, I would largely say R2 is really messy outside of its stellar ending and initial first few episodes but I also havent watched it in a million years, experienced all of gundam since then which it was basically trying to play off of, and my tastes have changed a million times over since then so who the fuck knows

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

More topics from this board

» Yoshida

k4rlo - May 16

7 by k4rlo »»
May 20, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 5 Discussion

stephy_ccs - Jul 2, 2008

27 by Dywei »»
Jan 31, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 4 Discussion

Chilli-Kun - Mar 10, 2008

44 by Dywei »»
Jan 23, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 16 Discussion

theeggman85 - Oct 7, 2008

37 by BaronLukis »»
Oct 22, 2023 4:16 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - May 9, 2008

58 by BaronLukis »»
Oct 20, 2023 10:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.