Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2012 12:58 PM
Jul 2018
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
9/10. Hopefully there's a Sequel where they END the calamity PERMANENTLY, and a Prequel series where they go into great detail on how the calamity ORIGINALLY STARTED .If that happens one day, I'll increase my score to 10/10.

There is going to be a prequel OVA next season.
Mar 26, 2012 12:59 PM

Feb 2012
ymeza21 said:
I wish there was a sequel but I highly doubt it with these ending.

Actually...there's going to be another Another novel. ^_^

palelaura said:
It kind of bugs me that this episode they revealed they had the right number of desks for students this year. Misaki says so. Why did no one question this at all? Why was this never brought up before the final episode?

It was mentioned at the beginning of episode 6 (right after the OP).

lkmm said:
Please correct me if I am wrong. In one of the ep, the teacher said that the "another" must be someone who die from the calamity, correct? Reiko didn't die from the calamity

She actually did die from the calamity; she was the homeroom teacher in 1996.
Mar 26, 2012 1:00 PM

Sep 2011
explosions and shit.

6.5/10

Mar 26, 2012 1:04 PM
Aug 2011
sleeplesstown said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
9/10. Hopefully there's a Sequel where they END the calamity PERMANENTLY, and a Prequel series where they go into great detail on how the calamity ORIGINALLY STARTED .If that happens one day, I'll increase my score to 10/10.

There is going to be a prequel OVA next season.

I'm aware of that, but that's just a prequel of Misaki and her sister. I should have been more specific. (A in-depth Prequel Series of the events when the calamity first started, 26 years ago)
Mar 26, 2012 1:05 PM

Dec 2006
So Reiko and Mikami where the another D: I never have imagined that, I thought it would be a student... It was kind of confusing but anyway xD

Akazawa got what she deserved for trying to kill Misaki and sakakibara >:c (I wanted them to end as a couple but -3-)

9/10 to me :)
Mar 26, 2012 1:08 PM
Feb 2012
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Mar 26, 2012 1:09 PM

May 2010
lkmm said:
Please correct me if I am wrong. In one of the ep, the teacher said that the "another" must be someone who die from the calamity, correct? Reiko didn't die from the calamity but Sakakibara's mother did when Raiko was in 3-3 back in 1972.... Consider that they look very similar and Sakakibara said "Goodbye Reiko, Goodbye mother"...

Reiko did die in the calamity, she was part of Class 3-3 2 years ago and also the records of Chibiki-sensei had is that there's a blank on the class sheet of 1996 and it was said that it is Reiko Mikami the teacher of Class 3-3 in 1996. It was altered/erased because of the curse that started on April of 1998 the class of Sakakibara.
iHeartTsugumiMar 26, 2012 1:13 PM
Mar 26, 2012 1:14 PM

Dec 2011
I somehow had a hunch that Ms.Mikami and Reiko is a single person.
But I cannot believe that she is the extra person!
It also works on the faculty room! SO teachers are also a part of this.
And Reiko is an alumni of the class.

The one who killed Reiko in the flashback looks like Sakakibara. Who the heck killed Reiko?!
I feel sorry for Akazawa, I really liked her. It would have been fine if she got together with Sakakibara.

But Mei is still the best.

This anime is good, my predictions of who is "Another" failed. It is actually Ms.Mikami!
For being unpredictable until the end, I give this a 10/10! Goodbye to a really good horror series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2012 1:16 PM

Feb 2012
MakiseKurisu said:
The one who killed Reiko in the flashback looks like Sakakibara.

I wonder if making them lookalikes was intentional. Honestly, I don't know why that would be a good idea...
Mar 26, 2012 1:18 PM

Feb 2012
BossTheKid said:
My question is how come no one goes to jail. Half of the deaths can't be called self defense >>
Probably because everyone in the town knows the situation class 3-3 is in.
Mar 26, 2012 1:22 PM

Aug 2011
Sakakibara-kun: It's over now, right?

*Mei smiles*

I do NOT trust Mei's smile.... XD

10/10 after all
Mar 26, 2012 1:23 PM

Oct 2011
BossTheKid said:
My question is how come no one goes to jail. Half of the deaths can't be called self defense >>

Everyone who killed someone is already dead. Besides Sakibara and the liberian guy.

Can somebody explain the Reiko = Sakabara sensei thing?
Mar 26, 2012 1:24 PM

Aug 2011
Kurimu-chan said:
You know, I never realized that the teacher was Reiko herself.

same goes for me, now i feel so stupid xD

I've always suspected Akazawa to be the extra person especially when she was having these dreams about her past. It turned out to be that Reiko was the dead one. I still wonder how she managed to get out of the building because, in the previous episode, she got hit pretty hard and i thought she had died back there. Also, i find it odd how there were only 10 victims in total, seems to me that a lot of them died during the last few episodes.

I really enjoyed Another and hopefully we'll get to see another series as epic as this.
Mar 26, 2012 1:27 PM

Jan 2009
Cool series. Can't wait to see the uncensored version! :P

BTW why is this listed as "Still Airing"?
Mar 26, 2012 1:29 PM

Oct 2011
Reiko is also his mom WTF??? Someone please explain.
Mar 26, 2012 1:29 PM
Feb 2012
BossTheKid said:

in case you forgot this is an Anime XD
I really liked the series 8.5\10 from me :P
the start of this ep was awesome and chaotic , i loved how the calamity was playing with the students
and after the credits it is shown that they placed the new tape for the future studends saying:"That is how to stop it but think through and discuss it with your friends , so you well have no regrets "
LOL what are they supposed to do,discuss something like which one of our classmates should we kill ??? it doeasnt work that way dude , one does not simply kill someone
there should really be a movie about how it all started and maybe how to stop it for good
i am also a bit disappointed hat the creepy dolls had nothing to do , i was really hoping for scary walking killer dolls xD
Mar 26, 2012 1:30 PM
Apr 2009
Odd, I have 12/12 episodes completed, but it won't move the show from "watching" to "completed" because it's supposedly still "airing."
Mar 26, 2012 1:30 PM

May 2009
ManInBlack said:
BTW why is this listed as "Still Airing"?

Because Time Zones.
Mar 26, 2012 1:31 PM

Sep 2011
Enjoyable series overall. The ending felt a bit unrealistic, though. How they were all very calm even after all of the deaths. Meh. 8/10 for me.

Gonna update my review for it soon as well.
Dont touch me I'm in despair.
Mar 26, 2012 1:31 PM

Nov 2011
Kurimu-chan said:
You know, I never realized that the teacher was Reiko herself.

._____.

EDIT: So, wait, they NEVER told us that the teacher was Reiko?

THIS.
Mar 26, 2012 1:32 PM
Aug 2011
7/10 based on my enjoyment.
I liked the first few episodes the most.
Mar 26, 2012 1:32 PM
Feb 2012
And so one hell of a ride comes to an end. The dead person surprised me but totally felt like "oh fuck it was so obvious". Here I have to mention how well executed the last scenes were; set up an appropriate mood.
What else is there to say? Oh right- the last few minutes I was scared as fuck that something might happen to our protagonist couple but it all wrapped up nicely without any freaky plot twists. All in all the episode and the show deserve a 10/10 score.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 26, 2012 1:33 PM
Feb 2012
So it's still the same "another" as in novel and manga.
Anime had awesome start but somewhere around the last third of the season, it went downhill
7/10

The guy that was pwned by the big fucking wooden part was laughable as shit.
Mar 26, 2012 1:34 PM

Sep 2011
Stupid
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Mar 26, 2012 1:34 PM

Jan 2012
Cloudy-Sky said:
Ugh i really loved it. But it seems i missed something. someone explain me why

What the fuck are you talking about?

Atleast the guy who was in Misaki's flasback didn't look like Kouichi. But atleast the subbed version I watched was a bit misleading due choice of words right before the "flashback"
Do you think this is a motherfucking game?
Mar 26, 2012 1:36 PM

Aug 2011
dkrdude3 said:
Odd, I have 12/12 episodes completed, but it won't move the show from "watching" to "completed" because it's supposedly still "airing."

Agree....someone messed up and put in the wrong dates for it to end and it has nothing to do with time zones like someone else posted. << Anyway, correct end date info was submitted. This one went down the tubes for me after a good start...I did not care at the end but at least I finished it. 5/10
Mar 26, 2012 1:36 PM
Apr 2009
-LovelyTsundere said:
Enjoyable series overall. The ending felt a bit unrealistic, though. How they were all very calm even after all of the deaths. Meh. 8/10 for me.

Rofl, what? The entire series was outrageous. That you're bothered by the unrealistic ending and not everything else about the show confounds me. So does your 8/10 score, though. I mean, yeah, it was so-bad-it's-good, but not so-bad-it's-good-enough-for-an-8/10.
Mar 26, 2012 1:40 PM
Jul 2011
This show was great in the start but got horrible at the end. 5/10
Jul 2010
Amazing as always but... I didn't quite get why it's called "Another".. In the end, it's really a side story - the one about Misaki's cousin and who she actually visited at the hospital and stuff. So it's sorta like writing an essay about the Bible with a headline "Modern Technology and how it affects us".

Jun 2011
i loved this series. enjoyed all episodes. 9/10
Mar 26, 2012 1:41 PM

Jan 2012
justinas said:
Just one question - when did Reiko come back to life and how nobody remembered that she died? o_O

That's part of the "Curse", amnesia. People forget things related to school and the dead person.
Mar 26, 2012 1:44 PM

Oct 2009
Very enjoyable series towards the end, but I did not like that there was a raging blood bath finishing episodes in the end IMHO. It ruined the series for me, but a good series to at least watch.

SERIES RATING: 7/10
Last Finishing Bloodbath Arc Rating: 3/10

Mar 26, 2012 1:45 PM

May 2011
the_trainman said:
Anime had awesome start but somewhere around the last third of the season, it went downhill
7/10

To be honest, when that happened I completely lost respect for the show. I was thinking that even the anime directors thought the story was one big joke. It went from trying to be a serious suspense to a dark comedy free for all.

The Manga ending is completely different than the Anime one. It's like night and day.
Mar 26, 2012 1:45 PM

Jan 2012
NecroFantasia said:
oh i c now, the guy that killed Reiko was also the same guy that help the pigtail girl? that does explain why the guy that killed her looked soo much like sakakibara and why the pigtail girl thought it was sakakibara that help her.

This is still a mystery. Aikazawa asking does Sakakibara remember her from year and a half ago ---> he doesn't remember, killers face is not revealed.

Implied second season? Perhaps not but i would still love to see it.
Mar 26, 2012 1:46 PM

Jan 2009
So Misaki kept quiet about the whole thing why...? cause she felt bad for Kouichi?

Well thanks to her staying quiet alot of her classmates died :/

It really lost that suspense and thrill once Misaki and Kouichi became friends. Her ominous character and the doll theme was what made the beginning so interesting. After that it was just random supernatural gory deaths.

For what it was, fairly entertaining.
Mar 26, 2012 1:47 PM
Apr 2009
Cirris said:
the_trainman said:
7/10

To be honest, when that happened I completely lost respect for the show. I was thinking that even the directors thought the story was one big joke. It went from trying to be a serious suspense to a dark comedy free for all.

This post confuses me too. I mean, yeah, I laughed out loud when that guy got owned by the log, but why would that particular death make you "lose respect for the show"? It's not like there weren't a dozen other similarly hilarious deaths (nice boat, umbrella, etc).
Mar 26, 2012 1:51 PM

May 2011
dkrdude3 said:
Cirris said:
the_trainman said:
7/10

To be honest, when that happened I completely lost respect for the show. I was thinking that even the directors thought the story was one big joke. It went from trying to be a serious suspense to a dark comedy free for all.

This post confuses me too. I mean, yeah, I laughed out loud when that guy got owned by the log, but why would that particular death make you "lose respect for the show"? It's not like there weren't a dozen other similarly hilarious deaths (nice boat, umbrella, etc).

Because at THAT point finally figured out that the Directors were really trolling the story. I had the impression that they were "trying too hard" before that point. I probably should have gotten to that point sooner. But I still was under the impression that they still cared about the story. If you seen my posts after last episode i was also berating the fact that i thought the show was getting "over the top".

CirrisMar 26, 2012 1:58 PM
Mar 26, 2012 1:52 PM

Jan 2012
Finally over...but i sure want more of this mystery horror stuff. Poor Reiko-san...;( wonder who's the person who killed her. I don't know why but he kind of resembled Kouichi in some way.
Anyway, so much blood 0.o Akazawa went crazy 0.o along with that Kazami kid who died in the end?
It turned out to be that the chairs in the teachers'room were short with one and that's why the calamity continued.
Glad that Teshigawara and Mochizuki survived. I was hoping so :)

Mar 26, 2012 1:52 PM

Oct 2011
I would just rather not look at the hate Another receives.. I loved it, rated it a 10/10. I know the series is far from perfect. A lot of things just aren't solid in this show. But I enjoyed it so much, the atmosphere, the sound, the animation, the characters (ESPECIALLY Mei).. you should rate an anime on the feeling/emotion it delivers to you, having an opinion is something that a lot of people seem to lack these days.
Mar 26, 2012 1:56 PM

Jun 2010
7/10 for me. The first few episodes were honestly AMAZING. The dolls were creepy as hell, Mei established a really mysterious presence, and the suspenseful atmosphere made it so that I couldn't stop watching. But, as the story started to unfold and everything was explained in detail, the anime started to lose its shine. It just became unrealistic and absurd. The whole concept of the extra person wasn't really well explained, either. If I understand correctly, a dead person joins the class every year, causing them to be short a desk? But I thought the entire thing started because they had an EXTRA desk, which invited the dead into the class. Why don't they just throw out the damn desk? Why don't they just close the class and distribute the students amongst the other classes? If Mei knew all along who the dead person was, WHY THE HELL DIDN'T SHE SAY ANYTHING ABOUT IT? I guess she was afraid that no one would believe her, but they eventually DO find out that the only way to stop the curse is to the kill the dead person. Even then, she doesn't say anything. When she finally decides to do something about it, it's basically too late, since so many people had already died.

The last episode wasn't very satisfying either. It just didn't feel as if everything was...resolved. I guess, in a sense, it was, since they would forget about everything at the end of the year, but the curse of Class 3 will no doubt continue to haunt the school in the future.

I was also disappointed that Mei turned out to be a regular girl. Her story was very interesting, and I wish they had developed it more. Why does her eye allow her to see dead people? What's up with the dolls, and why did the first couple of episodes make it seem like they would play an important role in the story?

UGH. I gave it a 7 out of respect for the earlier episodes.
YunaMar 26, 2012 2:08 PM
Mar 26, 2012 1:57 PM

Jan 2012
Cirris said:
the_trainman said:
7/10

To be honest, when that happened I completely lost respect for the show. I was thinking that even the anime directors thought the story was one big joke. It went from trying to be a serious suspense to a dark comedy free for all.

The Manga ending is completely different than the Anime one. It's like night and day.

May i ask, is the manga completely fan translated yet? If it is could you give me a link to it.

EDIT: What about the dreams of dead people blaming sakakibara about the deaths? It could be related or not related to the fact "Did sakakibara really kill Reiko". I doubt it but who knows.
TaiguMar 26, 2012 2:01 PM
Mar 26, 2012 2:02 PM

Feb 2012
waterflame said:
Amazing as always but... I didn't quite get why it's called "Another".. In the end, it's really a side story - the one about Misaki's cousin and who she actually visited at the hospital and stuff. So it's sorta like writing an essay about the Bible with a headline "Modern Technology and how it affects us".

Well "Another" probably refers to the extra person. Some people have even been calling the extra person the Another.
Mar 26, 2012 2:04 PM
Feb 2012
I'm really bad at guessing.

She wasn't even in my sight for being the extra, crap I didn't even think she was the same woman at his home, thats how much attention I gave her.

It was a nice anime, def. gave me some scares, esp. in that episode where his leg got grabbed, that scared me so bad!
Mar 26, 2012 2:06 PM

Sep 2010
Wow Reiko was the extra person? Wasn't expecting that I was expecting one of his friends like Mochizuki or Teshigawara.

I laughed my ass off when the guy escaped from the chandelier just to be smashed by a wooden pillar. xD

9/10 this series was great I enjoyed it. One of the better anime this season.

catt101 said:
in that episode where his leg got grabbed, that scared me so bad!

I actually jumped a couple times while watching this and that is the first time that happened while watching something animated. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 26, 2012 2:07 PM

Sep 2011
dkrdude3 said:
-LovelyTsundere said:

Rofl, what? The entire series was outrageous. That you're bothered by the unrealistic ending and not everything else about the show confounds me. So does your 8/10 score, though. I mean, yeah, it was so-bad-it's-good, but not so-bad-it's-good-enough-for-an-8/10.

Sorry for having a different opinion than you in the series overall.

I found it pretty enjoyable, which is why I gave it an 8 out of 10. There's no right or wrong way to rate an anime.
Dont touch me I'm in despair.
Mar 26, 2012 2:15 PM

Jun 2009
So, it was Reiko Mikami. Well, that's been hinted at quite stronly. Now I want to see official photo of who survived because some people were still alive after those lamps/illuminator fell. In the end deaths seemed to be quite desperate and the whole situation reminded me of Hinamizawa syndrome. I just wish Izumi had survived. She came back to her senses right before death. Poor girl. ;_;
Well, I loved the series. That was enjoyable run even though quite bloody. Right now 10/10.
Mar 26, 2012 2:18 PM

Mar 2008
And to think I was temporarily banned from here for bringing forth the theory of Reiko be the dead one.
Not worth it.
Mar 26, 2012 2:27 PM

Jul 2009
PaninaManina said:
And to think I was temporarily banned from here for bringing forth the theory of Reiko be the dead one.
Not worth it.
Not your fault when people are thick as bricks and can't see the obvious then get furious when provided with actual proof (^.^)

Either way no matter how amusing I found all those deaths throughout this episode one thing really annoyed me, which anyone who actually have been in a burning building knows.
It's EXTREMELY smoky, very limited vision, excruciatingly hot and very difficult to breath none if which was displayed here the slightest. In fact everyone seemed rather unaffected by the whole fire and random explosions^^
Mar 26, 2012 2:28 PM
Nov 2011
Wow a lot to say.

First half of the episode was pretty laughable. I mean the chandelier and the fire not going as quickly as a real fire would. That sort of stuff. But I mean once Glasses went crazy, it started to get pretty good. But one thing that made me laugh in the later half was Koichi like 'Hm lemme just make this phone call IN A FIERY BUILDING'

But honestly I thought the calamity was related to Reiko in the beginning, but then I was like how could it be? I didn't even realize she was Mikami-Sensei. Did anyone else not know that? Or am I just really stupid?

But I liked how Izumi's memory wasn't just her being all reminiscent it actually showed why Koichi doesn't remember anything. And it was kinda cool how Koichi got to murdered his aunt twice (if that was him in the memory). But I mean it looked a lot like him, so my bet is it was.

Fairly entertaining show. Not a favorite, but I will miss watching it every week. It wasn't one of those shows that went downhill after like 7 episodes which was nice. 7/10 for me.
Mar 26, 2012 2:28 PM
Oct 2010
ffuuuuuu this was fucking aewsome. thanks sentai for picking thsi up. gonna buy
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Pages (21) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MrSteeel - Jan 23, 2012

665 by L01MK »»
Feb 11, 1:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.