Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Aug 16, 2017 2:32 PM
Lifeless

Dec 2016
I am going to ask the exact same question everyone are asking.
HOW THE HECK did Saito take a freakin fighter jet??
It's as if the next thing happened when he entered a military airforce base: "Hello my name is saito, i need your fighter jet to save a magical world that you dont know of, i know how to fly a fighter better than any of your pilots and use its weapons correctly"
Soldier: "Sure! go ahead my friend! ;)"
*saito flies off to the horizon*
Like, seriously!! xD though it did kinda made me laugh how so casually he took a fighter jet haha
Oct 6, 2017 10:03 AM
Sep 2017
I'd love to see what would happen after the ending. 10/10 anime
Oct 29, 2017 1:11 PM

Sep 2017
SuicidalThoughts said:
Asianboy30354 said:

Agreed!! ^_^

how the hell do you actually LIKE that tsundere sadistic bipolar bitch :D
honestly though I'm jealous of people that actually enjoyed Louise as a character. I'm in severe pain b/c of the ending and the fact that Tabitha was the best for Saito but he just ended up with pink-haired cancer.
shes tsun cuz hes unfaitful fuck even after saying that he loves her multiple times
Nov 10, 2017 3:13 PM
Lifeless

Dec 2016
SilverTheCoin said:
SuicidalThoughts said:

how the hell do you actually LIKE that tsundere sadistic bipolar bitch :D
honestly though I'm jealous of people that actually enjoyed Louise as a character. I'm in severe pain b/c of the ending and the fact that Tabitha was the best for Saito but he just ended up with pink-haired cancer.
shes tsun cuz hes unfaitful fuck even after saying that he loves her multiple times
how is he an "unfaithful fuck"?
Nov 14, 2017 7:42 AM

Sep 2017
xnix said:
SilverTheCoin said:
how is he an "unfaithful fuck"?
Ok, that was worded a bit wierd.. sorry (⁎⁍̴̆Ɛ⁍̴̆⁎) i think i was trying too say that they both had.. ehhmm.. problems? I agree that Louise is a bitch but Saito didnt really show any signs of caring even though he already said that (holy shit this is cringe xD) that he only wants her.. so why then proceed to make out with everyone else too? xD
Nov 25, 2017 6:15 AM
Oct 2017
Season 5???????
I want season 5 Zero no Tsukaima!!! xD
Apr 21, 2018 12:32 AM

Mar 2017
They lived at earth? or they only went back just to introduce Louise to Saito's parents??? I'm confused.
But anyways, this series was good - 7/10
Louise best girl ♥

Very sad to know that the author died though.... I really wanted to know what will happen at the ending ;w;
Ending made by the author, not the editors.

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

May 1, 2018 9:54 PM
Jan 2018
Freaking Saito pulling a kamikaze on the dragon. Predictable ending. Whatever, I enjoyed the series for the most part.
Sep 16, 2018 3:28 AM

Jan 2013
Deus Ex Machina strikes again.
Glad this shit is over.
Oct 26, 2018 8:11 AM

Feb 2014
LMAO he actually just walked into a military base, stole a fighter jet, and flew right off without being confronted by ANY guards. I guess in the true Japanese way, they trusted their citizens enough to not bother with having any security. And of course there conveniently was a solar eclipse on the very next day he came back to his world.

Overall, probably one of the better harems I've watched. Would have been even better if that brain-damaged abusive bitch wasn't the female protagonist. Throughout the show, the only reason why Saito even "loved" her was because the writer wants him to.
Jan 26, 2019 9:55 AM

Aug 2018
A wonderful end to a decent series.
May 20, 2019 8:52 PM
Dec 2018
I loved this show so much I wish it was more popular than it is but it's an old series 10/10.
Dec 16, 2019 6:27 AM

Jun 2017
That crazy bastard, he really did steal a goddamned fighter jet lol, talk about crazy, anything for Louise I guess. Poor Airbase Commander, must've gotten sacked for losing a multi-million dollar jet.
On a more serious note, what a way to end the series, they finally got married to each other, of course, with the approval of Louise's father, mother and sisters, they didn't show how he did it, but it worked. The first season's OP insert in the moment he was fighting the dragon with Louise was just perfect, it made me feel really nostalgic, I shed a tear on how wholesome that was. The previous seasons were leading up to their marriage. Damn, all his hardships were really worth it, I never really liked this series, I just watched it on a whim because I remember a long time ago, my cousin was watching this one.. so I did, and it was a really great decision! Their moments on Saito's world were also wholesome, Louise on the train, eating ice cream and finally, for both of them to meet Saito's parents. I'm glad this wasn't a harem end, I wish there were more series like this.

I'm a little happy and sad, knowing that the series has come to an end, I will miss this series. :')

9/10 - A highly recommended anime to watch.

“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jan 7, 2020 7:24 PM

Mar 2017
There was a goof in episodes 11 and 12. The scene in episode where Saito returns to the alley trying to find a portal back and gets beat up ends with the shot panning upward to show a full moon. Yet in episode 12 on what we assume is the next day, there's a total solar eclipse, which can only happen at new moon. Full moon and new moon are 14-15 days apart. Even if you allow that it may have been an almost-full gibbous moon, it's still at least 12-13 days. I doubt Saito was back in Tokyo that long, and if you assume a 1-for-1 rate of passage of time, it certainly wasn't anywhere near that long in the other world.
A møøse once bit my sister...
Jan 12, 2020 7:26 AM
Nov 2008
I can see how many people is loving this season, and I couldn't be more surprised. Don't get me wrong. Even though Zero no Tsukaima is an ecchi (which i personally hate), I probably watched it at least 3 times by now, and that says something. Zero no Tsukaima is a bag filled with great ideas and potential, and I can see it and appreciate it, but when watching, I always look forward to that potential being used and sadly... it never is. It's only my opinion, so I ask you guys not to get offended, but I really wanted to share my thoughts on it.

At the beginning of the journey we meet Saito who is true to his word, honorable in his own way while a little goofy, kind to others while a little childish and stubborn himself, honest and loyal, and we kind of pity him for being stuck with someone harsh, difficult and selfish like Louise. Louise being overly agressive works in first season... it even works in second season, but 3rd is an abuse.

With time, I grew to pity Louise though. She's probably just as important part to the story as Saito is, yet who is she really? Girl chosen by the hero. All characters in the anime are Saitos friends, they fight for sake of Saito, even if they help to rescue Louise they do it for sake of Saito. She has no actual friends in the entire anime, and the one friend she supposedly has - Henrietta, is the worst example of one. If someone really tried hard they would call Julio her one and only friend. That's fine though. Her character is a fair enough excuse for her having no friends, even after everything she did for other characters.

At the same time, Saito changes from a hero to parody of himself for sake of pulling out the long term ecchi. He turns into a liar, an 'accidental' cheater, a character similar to Guiche if we were to exclude being brave and having some modesty. Something that could be easily avoided by not having him lean in for kisses and closing his eyes during them in response to every single female approaching him. It might be surprising to know, but ecchi is possible without main character actually having an intimate and emotional relationship with each and every female character on set. And just like that, the entire assertiveness he had in season one just disappeared into thin air somehow. It was easy to understand him being in a center of a harem when he was exceptional among other male characters, but with time he lost most things that made his character special and the only exceptional thing about him ended up being the power that came with being a familiar - something he didn't really have to even work on as if it could be anyone in the end. All it really takes is for a person to imagine the entire story with the gender of characters completely switched. None of that whole ecchi or romantic background would be considered anywhere close to ok and noone would be defending female Saito for the way she choses to deal with everything - by ignoring the problems and outcomes (ofc same goes for male Louise, but it is not considered ok by viewers even with her being female).

Other than this, there is so many loose ends in the show... What happened with the ring Saito was supposed to give back to the Water Spirit? We know that the first time he found it it ended up in vault of Henrietta and got stolen again. What happened when we got it back again? Did I sleep through that part? Did he go to die before giving the ring back? Not as true to his word as the Water Spirit trusted him to be in the end, is he? But sure, maybe I blinked too much and missed that part, it happens. From beginning we are kinda lead to assume Saito had no family or friends in his own world. He never once even thought of them since being summoned by Louise, but we chose to ignore it since its just the beginning of the story. We get to final season and we see him go to his old place not once but twice. House which is clearly inhabitet by his family members. Talking about the ending of last episode. Do they go to our world forever or just to get Saito to introduce Louise to his family? How did they manage to do that without Saito being able to amplify Louises powers? If they stay forever, what kind of sense it makes for them to do so? They spent so much time in Louises world, everyone and everything they have is in there by now, so it is rather ridiculous. They just came to introduce Louise? What right do they have to believe that Louise will be able to cast her spell to go back from Saitos world? I guess they can take over another army plane since Saito did it already before, alone, one guy with no tools, no plan... Wondering when the next eclipse would be... Talking about plan, what do they expect from Saitos family? The boy went missing for X years (?). Will they just enter with smile and "hey peeps, this is my wife, sorry i didn't call". What happened to the other characters? Del suddenly got ressurected and they knew it made so little sense for him to be - without him even trying to - that all they had to say about it was "I don't even know...". In the end everything just magically turned out all right. Saito is alive, because he suddenly has an additional life-force coming from being the Gandalfr that isn't being burned out, even though being the Lipfrasir didn't give him any additional lifeforce over the one he had as a human, so we can assume that the moment anything happens that will make his Gandalfr rune disappear, he will just be dead.

That said, this anime COULD BE one of the best anime of the type produced. The ideas are just amazing, the world is entertaining and makes you wanna know more about it. I feel it's on point with the animation (outside of few missteps, especially in season 1 and 4) and character design. Saito must be one of the best visually designed young characters of the type in it's time. I can't help but think of him as prototype for the design of Kirito from SAO. He looks kind, realistic, plain, relatable and yet adorable and handsome at the same time. He doesn't look overthought or as compensation for bad story. It's such a shame that people working on this project took too much to heart the "ecchi" part of it and weren't confident enough in themselves to realise the potential lying in this show. I will definitely one day watch this anime yet again, and I will grieve after what we could have but never will.
Jan 24, 2020 9:28 AM

Nov 2016
Very satisfied with the ending, that was some good stuff. Though, I thought the season as a whole was rather weak and I didn't really care for most events. Also would've liked to see at least one episode of Louise and Saito dating in his world.

As a whole, worth watching for the characters, but the plot is truly mediocre.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 4, 2020 10:12 PM

Dec 2018
finally the ending i wanted and was waiting for.
however so much of the ride getting to this point was far beyond disappointing.
Mar 26, 2020 6:48 PM

Aug 2018
Rybiczek said:
I can see how many people is loving this season, and I couldn't be more surprised. Don't get me wrong. Even though Zero no Tsukaima is an ecchi (which i personally hate), I probably watched it at least 3 times by now, and that says something. Zero no Tsukaima is a bag filled with great ideas and potential, and I can see it and appreciate it, but when watching, I always look forward to that potential being used and sadly... it never is. It's only my opinion, so I ask you guys not to get offended, but I really wanted to share my thoughts on it.

At the beginning of the journey we meet Saito who is true to his word, honorable in his own way while a little goofy, kind to others while a little childish and stubborn himself, honest and loyal, and we kind of pity him for being stuck with someone harsh, difficult and selfish like Louise. Louise being overly agressive works in first season... it even works in second season, but 3rd is an abuse.

With time, I grew to pity Louise though. She's probably just as important part to the story as Saito is, yet who is she really? Girl chosen by the hero. All characters in the anime are Saitos friends, they fight for sake of Saito, even if they help to rescue Louise they do it for sake of Saito. She has no actual friends in the entire anime, and the one friend she supposedly has - Henrietta, is the worst example of one. If someone really tried hard they would call Julio her one and only friend. That's fine though. Her character is a fair enough excuse for her having no friends, even after everything she did for other characters.

At the same time, Saito changes from a hero to parody of himself for sake of pulling out the long term ecchi. He turns into a liar, an 'accidental' cheater, a character similar to Guiche if we were to exclude being brave and having some modesty. Something that could be easily avoided by not having him lean in for kisses and closing his eyes during them in response to every single female approaching him. It might be surprising to know, but ecchi is possible without main character actually having an intimate and emotional relationship with each and every female character on set. And just like that, the entire assertiveness he had in season one just disappeared into thin air somehow. It was easy to understand him being in a center of a harem when he was exceptional among other male characters, but with time he lost most things that made his character special and the only exceptional thing about him ended up being the power that came with being a familiar - something he didn't really have to even work on as if it could be anyone in the end. All it really takes is for a person to imagine the entire story with the gender of characters completely switched. None of that whole ecchi or romantic background would be considered anywhere close to ok and noone would be defending female Saito for the way she choses to deal with everything - by ignoring the problems and outcomes (ofc same goes for male Louise, but it is not considered ok by viewers even with her being female).

Other than this, there is so many loose ends in the show... What happened with the ring Saito was supposed to give back to the Water Spirit? We know that the first time he found it it ended up in vault of Henrietta and got stolen again. What happened when we got it back again? Did I sleep through that part? Did he go to die before giving the ring back? Not as true to his word as the Water Spirit trusted him to be in the end, is he? But sure, maybe I blinked too much and missed that part, it happens. From beginning we are kinda lead to assume Saito had no family or friends in his own world. He never once even thought of them since being summoned by Louise, but we chose to ignore it since its just the beginning of the story. We get to final season and we see him go to his old place not once but twice. House which is clearly inhabitet by his family members. Talking about the ending of last episode. Do they go to our world forever or just to get Saito to introduce Louise to his family? How did they manage to do that without Saito being able to amplify Louises powers? If they stay forever, what kind of sense it makes for them to do so? They spent so much time in Louises world, everyone and everything they have is in there by now, so it is rather ridiculous. They just came to introduce Louise? What right do they have to believe that Louise will be able to cast her spell to go back from Saitos world? I guess they can take over another army plane since Saito did it already before, alone, one guy with no tools, no plan... Wondering when the next eclipse would be... Talking about plan, what do they expect from Saitos family? The boy went missing for X years (?). Will they just enter with smile and "hey peeps, this is my wife, sorry i didn't call". What happened to the other characters? Del suddenly got ressurected and they knew it made so little sense for him to be - without him even trying to - that all they had to say about it was "I don't even know...". In the end everything just magically turned out all right. Saito is alive, because he suddenly has an additional life-force coming from being the Gandalfr that isn't being burned out, even though being the Lipfrasir didn't give him any additional lifeforce over the one he had as a human, so we can assume that the moment anything happens that will make his Gandalfr rune disappear, he will just be dead.

That said, this anime COULD BE one of the best anime of the type produced. The ideas are just amazing, the world is entertaining and makes you wanna know more about it. I feel it's on point with the animation (outside of few missteps, especially in season 1 and 4) and character design. Saito must be one of the best visually designed young characters of the type in it's time. I can't help but think of him as prototype for the design of Kirito from SAO. He looks kind, realistic, plain, relatable and yet adorable and handsome at the same time. He doesn't look overthought or as compensation for bad story. It's such a shame that people working on this project took too much to heart the "ecchi" part of it and weren't confident enough in themselves to realise the potential lying in this show. I will definitely one day watch this anime yet again, and I will grieve after what we could have but never will.

I agree with everything you said. This series is so horrendously flawed which is incredibly frustrating because it's damn near close to being perfect. Truly a textbook example of a squandered opportunity.

That being said, I will always consider this one of my favorites but it's not something I would ever watch with friends. 8/10

I already miss Louise... :(
Mar 29, 2020 11:30 PM
Aug 2014
It has been awhile since I've seen a series nose dive this hard.
May 17, 2020 8:39 AM

Aug 2008
I've been quite generous about this show overall I think, its such a mess and with the potential it had its even more frustrating. I'll give this final season a 6 as it actually had a conclusive ending. Saito and Louise got married? Then afterwards it wasn't ruined with more shots of the other girls grabbing him to make it hollow? Amazing.

Rybiczek gave good criticisms of the show above so no need to do so again, poorly executed overall.

Got to say it was soooo creepy to see that redhead clinging on to that teacher though. That is my most clear memory of this show other than this final episode.

*shudders*
Jul 19, 2020 5:41 PM
Jul 2020
gswelcome said:

Got to say it was soooo creepy to see that redhead clinging on to that teacher though. That is my most clear memory of this show other than this final episode.

*shudders*

Why did colbert fake his death though?
Aug 14, 2020 8:26 AM

Nov 2011
Sigh, where to begin with this series. Average story and plot, predictable in many places, convenient plot developments and armor, subpar art and animation, the CG on the dark dragon was a times particularly atrocious.

However i found so many of the characters really endearing.

For an ecchi show, mad props goes to the author for making the main girl the least sexual of the bunch, its almost always the other way around, and made a good lesson of that love doesn't have to always be about a person's appearance but what you actually feel for them. And Louise, oh gosh where to begin with Louise, found her very annoying initially, but i have to say after finishing the entire thing, i'd argue she's the best Tsundere character in anime, the mood swings, jealousy all felt very real and natural to me and mad props to her seiyuu for really bringing the character to life, the romance between the two was probably my favorite aspect of the whole show.

The whole show has clearly many issues from a writing standpoint, but for me it really excelled in its characters and some aspects of the world building. A sequel is impossible and i guess the ending was shoe horned and original since there'll be no other season, but i'm surprised by how much i enjoyed the franchise as a whole. 8.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 9, 2021 5:07 PM

Nov 2010
It would've been awesome if they managed to keep that jet and Derflinger's soul merged with it. haha

Anyway, it was an okay ending. It could've been better IMO. I don't agree with the marriage. I would've preferred a harem ending with Saito still being fought over to the end. lol I also don't like that they can travel in between worlds so easily now.

Its an ecchi anime and it is what it is. I expected the plot to be simple. However, compared to other seasons there were less hilarious and ecchi moments this season. 7/10
Jun 25, 2022 3:32 AM
May 2021
The Ending was made by Staffs because the author died before he could made a proper Ending.
This is not perfect but this is pretty great. I just rewatched today and it makes me tear up.
Absolutely 9/10 for me.
Jan 2, 2023 6:07 AM
Jan 2019
Great Episode, but it needs a little more drama or something idk. Like I wish that there is a security guard preventing Saito from going into the Jet and Saito tries his absolute best to get off from the security guard holding him back. 8/10 I guess.
Feb 14, 2023 8:05 PM
Jan 2023
Honeymoon in Japan classy move classy move
Mar 6, 2023 7:36 PM

Sep 2018
Probably the weakest season and the latter half felt pretty rushed, with yet another abrupt feeling ending lol. Incredibly plot convenient, but nevertheless, very fun series. Wanted the harem ending though :(
Apr 19, 2023 3:30 AM
Apr 2023
A good way to end an anime
Sep 12, 2023 8:04 PM

Dec 2009
Original Notes of 2012:

Oct 6, 2023 10:44 AM

Dec 2009
Somehow i never watched this originally the first time i watched all of ZnT, but perhaps it was that i watched it all before the final season came out and somehow missed it.

At any rate, i found it quite enjoyable. ZnT sort of wrote the book on how modern isekai is designed, so it always has that iconic place, the nostalgic feeing, of simpler times.

There were a lot of moments in this that actually surprised me quite a bit. Sending Saito through the portal, while being able to do that all of a sudden was a bit overpowered, i saw the moment coming where Louise was going to leave him in his old world to save him from the moment the notion of making a portal there was even suggested, but it still hit my emotions hard nonetheless. I'd say seeing it coming gives the time for the anticipation to develop the emotions for them to erupt when the time comes.

The ending was ofc a happily ever after, as it should be, great nods to the first season to make it come full circle. Obviously they excluded trying to come up with how exactly Saito was gonna steal a jet, they probably wanted to avoid the complications of implying it was theft by showing him shaking off interception, but it's not really the point of the story. That's not even mentioning the fact that the implications of being able to freely hop between worlds are astronomical.

As with any ending, i do wish there was epilogue; i would have liked to have seen the reaction of his parent(s) that he came back and with a wife no less. I guess that comes down to the unfortunate factor of it being a bit rushed.
GenesisAriaOct 6, 2023 10:47 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Nov 1, 2023 2:14 AM
Jul 2015
I know it wasn't first episode, but starting first season with Saito taking the "Staff of Destruction" and just fully using that RPG-22 totally out of the blue before we realize the extent of his powers, and bookending the series with Saito off-screen going all GTA and stealing a fighter jet, I'd say that was amazing. I mean, yeah, cool love story too, but that absurdity is just slid in without any hesitation even at the final episode. Just perfect, chefs kiss, 10/10, no notes.
Dec 6, 2023 2:55 PM

Sep 2014
I think this was a decent end to a flawed series. I actually enjoyed all of it, especially season 2 stood out, but after season 3 I just did not really have the same passion for the show as I had during the first 2 seasons. Still I did finish this rather fast, I take way longer with other shows or drop them entirely so it did something right!

S1 can be excused for a lot of things because its just old and sort of invented this genre, but s4 doesnt have that. It aired just 4 years before ReZero which is on a completely different level to put it into perspective.

The first 2 seasons hold up today as well, s2 and s3 should have probably been switched, it just doesnt make much sense for the progression as it is. We go from a full blown war with all of the darker elements to just doing whatever, having the "main villain" just die super early and suddenly the dragon had to fill the gap..

This show essentially created the modern isekai wave and I watched it because of that, but the romance of Saitou and Louise was nice on its own as well. She really is a classic tsundere.

Maybe I will come back to give this a proper review, but as I said the last 2 seasons just drained my interest for that..
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima F Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Feb 17, 2012

71 by Toptenfunnymomen »»
Jan 5, 2:47 AM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima F Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Mar 9, 2012

120 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 6, 2023 4:55 AM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima F Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Feb 24, 2012

77 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 2, 2023 4:00 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima F Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Feb 3, 2012

135 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 1, 2023 3:35 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima F Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Nuzuky - Jan 27, 2012

87 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 1, 2023 3:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.