Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Persona 4
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 2, 2012 9:14 AM

May 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I will strip search, if i have to ~

I think I wet my pants over Mot's summoning, but did I watch right because I swear I saw Beelzebub summoned?

Even when Yu is old and wrinkly, Rise still loves him, that's true love right there...lmao. Teddie saves the day by using "Energy Shower". Naoto gains her persona, Suikuna-Hikona of the Fortune Arcana.

Narukami increases his links by making lunch for everyone. Wish that was possible in the game too, would have been so much easier. Naoto shares more information on the criminal after school. Gang heads to the hospital to get checked up, Teddie being an asshole as per usual with his antics, and Rise's reaction to Naoto's measurements, LOL.

-More Kanji social linking? And the start of gaining Naoto's fortune Arcana.
-LMAO @ Kanji's love showing. I want my Kouhai threesome now, P4A.

Next Scent: Yu obtaining his family social link with his uncle and cousin. The Hierophant and Justice Arcana, possibly.

New personas used:
RealScreamerFeb 3, 2012 12:44 PM
Feb 2, 2012 12:06 PM

Apr 2011
Naoto's BLUSH! Don't know why, but it's look sooo cute~ ! (cause she's cute) especially in the animation it looks more cute (?) I understand Kanji reaction.

The measurements' scene was much better in the game. (And nobody still doesn't know Naoto's official sizes, lmao! [or I missed it])

Want the "sharing umbrella" scene in the animation so badly.

nonetheless, LIKE IT!
Feb 2, 2012 12:40 PM

Apr 2010
That was a nice closure, I guess.
Feb 2, 2012 4:08 PM

May 2011
I swear I giggled endlessly like a silly teenager at Naoto being moe and Kanji falling (even more) in love with her. Oh God, those two...

Also, DAT BEELZEBUB.
If I die and I find that I had a soul inside,
Promise me you'll take it up to its final ride...
Feb 2, 2012 4:19 PM
Jan 2010
Great episode, Naoto's so cute <3
and I also was fangirling when Kanji started to fall in love with her ^///^
Feb 2, 2012 6:22 PM

Jan 2008
Wow, they really seem to be 'ridding of the ambiguity of Kanji's sexuality' by asserting his crush on Naoto.
Feb 2, 2012 8:06 PM

Jun 2011
Everything is still a mystery~ Want to know the truth!
Looking forward to the ending

In the beginning, Yuu summoned several new Personas.
Chinese sub groups always put the disruptions of each Persona on top.
And I always wonder if I should pause and read it... = =
Feb 2, 2012 9:53 PM

Oct 2011
I find Margaret is cute in this episode somehow *faints*

And did that Beelzebub just throw a megidolaon? @@
AmaterasuNoOkamiFeb 2, 2012 10:01 PM
I am the Marshmallow of Justice
Platinum is my body and Disco in my blood
I have created over 9000 Platinum toothbrushes
Unknown to Ghosts, Nor known to Demons
Have withstood Vampires, Phoenix & Bee to create many Parodies
Yet, those hands will never hold anything
So as I pray, Unlimited Platinum Works!
Feb 3, 2012 12:25 PM

Apr 2010
Still loling at Margaret.

Even better with subs. I really like Naoto now!
Feb 3, 2012 12:52 PM

May 2010
Beelzebub was pretty epic, again - the girl's reactions were great.

So now we know more about the culprit and that he's still out there.
-Rings the front doorbell.
-Throws people inside the tv right away.

The measurement scene was better with subs, "Wait, were those sizes legit?!" Lmao.

Guess no Cu Chuliann, Abaddon was used as Tower. I have to question what other powerful personas they're going to use for the bigger boss battles coming up.. Still can't believe Beelzebub was used, lol.

Solkiskey said:
Still loling at Margaret.

Same here. That little blush and cough was hilarious..."I am not tongue-tied".
RealScreamerFeb 3, 2012 12:59 PM
Feb 3, 2012 7:14 PM

Jun 2009
lol Naoto blushing was cute...and also Kanji with his hearts XD

This was as far as I ever got in the game...
my brother was a ble to finish it....and he told me what happend....I might cry T-T
Feb 3, 2012 7:19 PM

Jun 2011
Oh man, another great episode. The Shadow Naoto boss fight was AWESOME. When did Yuu get strong enough to summon Beelzebub AND use Megidolaon? Perhaps grinding in the TV world in his spare time? I loved how Rise still found Yuu attractive even as an old man (and another P3 reference; the music that plays during the old man dialogue between Yuu and Yosuke was the Kyoto class trip theme in November)! Margaret even has a rare 'Bushism' gaffe moment, lol. :D

Animation quality has been quite a bit better in the 2nd cour of the season as opposed to the first. ASTA really stepped up their game a bit in the 2nd cour (that and a bit more staff stability). In any case, the BD releases have been superb, so I'm not worried anymore.

2nd half was mostly exposition, though the hospital event was pretty funny (game did it better though). Other than that, still not too rushed, if a bit slow this time. School Festival event next episode (and possible Sun S.Link, since we're missing that one)? That was a pretty big deal in the game. 4/5 episode here. Still 8/10 overall.
Feb 3, 2012 8:16 PM

Jun 2011
RealScreamer said:

-LMAO @ Kanji's love showing.

Feb 3, 2012 9:37 PM
Oct 2011
a really good episode, surprised to see that they use a buch of named spell in this episode . see Yuu use many Persona to null Naoto Attack was nice, i could recognize some other spell that name was not mentioned.
first one Yuu used was Arahabaki of the Hermit Arcana, wonder why he use it though, he have no resistant against Garu (Wind).
the second one was Abaddon of the Tower Arcana, null fire and the skill he used was Arrow Rain
the third one was Mot of the Death Arcana, null Electricity, but i wonder how Mudoon could slow down Naoto Shadow anyway?
Yuu got aged too and the dialog with Yosuke was hilarious, Kuma use Energy Shower to cure Enervation as expected.
the last one Beelzebub,Ultimate Persona of the Devil Arcana was overkill (Wow, Yuu closer to that Nurse than i thought), it used Mabufudyne and i never thought Megidolaon is THAT powerful
Feb 3, 2012 11:06 PM

Oct 2011
Rise! You always told me that Mudo won't work on bosses! Tell Yuu sooner! And yay defensive moves! Didn't know being old was a status condition. :-P

Yuu pulled out all the stops and went for the hex fusion for Beezelbub. And dang, took out the entire place without a Power Charge up. That's some real power.

I guess it's balanced out with Megidolaon putting the user in danger as well, which is an interesting take on it. Fun fact: the typeless "Almighty" spells are defined with a nuclear symbol!

Next week's gonna be awesome!
Feb 3, 2012 11:59 PM

May 2010
Decent closure for the arc.

Kanji blushing is just LOL.
Feb 4, 2012 1:02 PM

Apr 2011
Arahabaki and Abadon were great, but Beezelbub was beyond my expectations. Also, even if it failed, Mudoon was awesome.
Feb 4, 2012 1:10 PM

Mar 2011
AHHHHHHHHHHH!
Yet another episode full of persona awesomeness !
OMFG Mot, Abadon, and Beelzebub were summoned ! xD
Loveddd itttt soooo damn much... I wish it were that ez to obtain Beelzebub in the game >.>
Oh wow Rise's reaction with Narukami old ver. was priceless... (even though we couldn't see his or her faces during this)
She soooo digs him.
Another action packed episode, Naoto showed lots of girlish emotions in this episode, lmfao Narukami invited her out to eat, That's cute xP
The killer is still on the loose !
Looking forward to episode 18!

Feb 4, 2012 3:24 PM

Oct 2010
This episode was soooo sweet. Never liked Naoto being portrayed too girly, but I love how protective Kanji is over her, ahaha. <3

Next Episode:
KimuraFeb 5, 2012 7:17 AM
Eat some steak and scoot up to bed~
Feb 4, 2012 7:01 PM

Jan 2011
dawww Margaret :3 can't keep that pokerface up for forever can ya,nice episode the full crew is finally made and kanji reminded me of how much i love the guy bros for life!.
Feb 4, 2012 8:21 PM

May 2009
Yuu is amazing! He just summons personas like nothin'
Feb 5, 2012 12:22 AM

Jan 2008
I damn near shat bricks when Yuu pulled out a hexagon fusion and fused Beelzebub.

Which means he's at least level 81 now.
Feb 5, 2012 4:02 AM

Oct 2007
So what is her three sizes?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Feb 5, 2012 4:07 AM

Aug 2011
Episode sucked.
RealScreamer said:

Guess no Cu Chuliann, Abaddon was used as Tower. I have to question what other powerful personas they're going to use for the bigger boss battles coming up.. Still can't believe Beelzebub was used, lol.

Tam Lin, please.
Also, Cu Chulainn might appear in the future.
Did you like my avatar, perv?
Feb 5, 2012 6:01 AM

Apr 2011
Beelzebub and Arahabaki were summoned?! They're like the top Persona for Devil and Hermit respectively. Which basically concludes that every Social Link is maxed everytime Yu encounters one. After seeing all this, I won't be surprised if he'll call out Yoshitsune owning every enemy with Hassou Tobi. Man, I don't remember the game being THIS EASY.
Feb 5, 2012 8:18 AM

Jul 2010
I'd laugh my ass off if the fusion failed and he received a Slime instead.
Feb 5, 2012 10:48 AM

May 2009
OMG!!! I REMEMBERED HE'S GONNA GET JACK FROST!!! YES!!! HAPPIEST MOMENT!
Feb 5, 2012 12:34 PM

Jan 2011
That was very cool stuff.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 5, 2012 2:33 PM

Sep 2007
Loved this ep.

I personally don't like Kanji x Naoto but they portrayed it very well here.

Siva said:
Let's just say.....Naoto spends a good amount of effort into hiding her bust.
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Feb 5, 2012 3:57 PM
Dec 2007
Ikano said:
Loved this ep.

I personally don't like Kanji x Naoto but they portrayed it very well here.

Siva said:
Let's just say.....Naoto spends a good amount of effort into hiding her bust.
That's some very strong bandages I dare say. Anyway yeah, if you judge by the reaction in the game by Rise and the others you can say she somehow has the biggest bust of them. Still, Rise didn't put out the fact "her three sizes are public information but that her bust is smaller than what her agency says".

Feb 5, 2012 4:07 PM

May 2008
another great episode next episode looks interesting can't wait!
Feb 5, 2012 4:22 PM

Mar 2008
Since I've been on a Devil Survivor kick lately, seeing Beelzebub being summoned was a shock, that's a really high level demon right there.

I am wondering about Naoto's bust size, I am assuming she uses some heavy duty binding and that's why Rise was surprised.

Oddly, I was not too fond of this show earlier, but it is slowly growing on me.
Feb 5, 2012 5:46 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Oh sh-

Shit is going to start hitting the fans starting next week.

Nanako...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 5, 2012 7:43 PM

May 2010
Naoto's bust is unknown. No one knows if she's the "biggest". Honestly speaking, I think she's just about Rise's size. I'm sure Rise's reaction was that Naoto wasn't flat like she seems. Not that she's "huge". But who knows.

KatawaShoujo said:
Episode sucked.
Tam Lin, please.
Also, Cu Chulainn might appear in the future.

How did it suck? Wasn't bad and pretty much covered Naoto's arc..

I'm with you on Tam Lin. Nah, I doubt so. So far they only used one demon for each arcana he's obtained.
Feb 5, 2012 8:07 PM
Jul 2011
so whose dungeon left?
Feb 5, 2012 8:26 PM
Dec 2007
lukavminaev said:
so whose dungeon left?

Feb 5, 2012 11:12 PM

Apr 2010
No comment about the Barrel Roll joke in Commie's version????
Feb 6, 2012 1:49 AM

Nov 2011
so yu gonna get Jack Frost? margaret's blushed XD

LOL @ the old Yuu! Rise still love him even with that beard he got...

Fuckin' beelzebub! & THAT Mega-nuke attack!

man they really kicked in naotoXkanji things but it seems yuu got very smooth at the end..

Things gonna be serious with next ep... can't wait for dojima & nanako social link!!
Feb 6, 2012 12:50 PM
Jan 2012
Yay, Beelzebub! =D
One of my favorites personas/demons.

Feb 6, 2012 1:43 PM

Sep 2011
Aww @ Naoto blushing was so cute. I want to see more of her blushing and being moe.. :3 Kanji was pretty funny also, lol. And Rise, loving still our little King Yu even if he was turned into old man, trolololo.

Can't wait for the next episode.
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Feb 6, 2012 6:08 PM

Sep 2007
hohohoh looks like it'll be Justice and Hierophant next episode.
Feb 7, 2012 5:48 AM

Nov 2007
lol @ the beginning.

lol @ the idol girl being adorable to the guy being old, too.

Detective "guy" was a grandpa's child, so that robot is making people old?! "His" persona is cute.

It's nice that Kuma's persona can return the age.

Detective "guy" remembering how he was kidnapped, which is helpful in solving the case. And deliquent guy is falling in love!!

Kuma is still a mystery. Naoto's size??
tsubasaloverFeb 7, 2012 5:52 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 7, 2012 2:22 PM
Feb 2012
Wait wait WAIT! Did he just pull out.. Abadon, Beelzebub AND Mot!? Oh dear me..
Things are ramping up now. I can't wait for the next episode.
Feb 7, 2012 5:25 PM
Feb 2012
I might be new here, but i dont care what everyone says NaotoXYu 4ever
Feb 7, 2012 9:54 PM

Apr 2008
This show has been a real treat for me from the start. I've probably spent over 200 hours playing the game over and over, and to have this much extra characterization is bliss. I'm a little dissapointed they're not exploring the full arcana story lines, but that alone would probably add another cour at least to the show.

Was so not expecting an elderly citizen event, and the beef bowl investigation at the end was hilarious. It made me look back on my attempts on and eventual conquering of the beef bowl with fondness.
Feb 8, 2012 6:18 AM

Jan 2012
I do love all the "old" moments... and kuma joining in the fun. gotta love this show!

The hospital scene was my fav tho! Yousuke going "how should I interpret that??!" was hilarious!

Feb 8, 2012 10:36 AM

Mar 2008
Ahah, old Narukami was so funny :) Nice episode, can't believe he fused Beelzebub, is he that strong already?

Next episodes will be really painful. Damn, i don't want to remember that ;(
Feb 9, 2012 4:14 AM

Aug 2010
Enjoyed the non-fight scenes more, but not the strongest of episodes. 3/5.
Feb 9, 2012 5:12 AM
Oct 2010
New Reach Out To The Truth eh? YEAH.
Feb 9, 2012 1:47 PM

Aug 2011
Great ep, Kanji blushing all the time was hilarious!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 5, 2012

105 by zodismegalame »»
Jan 27, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Feb 9, 2012

72 by NN010 »»
Nov 18, 2023 6:49 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2012

112 by NN010 »»
Nov 11, 2023 6:51 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

120 by Delphantasist »»
Nov 3, 2023 9:05 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Dr_Funkadelic - Mar 30, 2012

186 by DarkCanuck »»
Sep 22, 2023 8:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.