Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 15, 2018 4:25 PM
Dec 2014
Impressive action.
Aug 13, 2018 2:31 PM
Feb 2010
There is no "fantasy" or "sci-fi" tag in this anime yet almost every action scene is filled with incredible amount of "red-shirted" guys and storm-troopers enemies.

Ep 3, when she jumps several times between boats(!) killing them all.
Ep 9 "ha ha terminator reference ha ha so funny" - fantasy invincible maid. Enemies cant hit her because of plot armor. Flying car, not a single hurt was given. Speedracing into another car, teleporting to GRAB AN ARM WITH A HANDGUN. Meh.

The whole series looks incredibly overrated - characters are simple, action scenes are really boring, art is OKish and music is just dull.

3/10, dropped after this lame episode.
Jan 26, 2019 6:50 PM

Nov 2016
Roberta is more than just one or two hands full, holy shit.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 22, 2019 2:06 AM

Mar 2012
Always found Roberta's character to be a bit much.

Like how does she even know where they are after Benny was driving through back alleys in a foreign city that she just arrived to? Hell, how did she even get her car on top of the roof? She also catches up, on foot, to a freaking car going full speed >_>

I get that she's a tribute to Terminator but they just make her look OP by doing so. She just feels out of place for me.
May 18, 2019 7:08 AM
Oct 2017
I feel Roberta is actually a pretty good character, and the fact Garcia rejects her when she sees what she is capable of has a lot of potential.

But she is simply way too over powered and it kind of weighs down her character.
May 21, 2019 5:04 PM
Apr 2016
Oh my god that's one hell of a maid...she's literally an invincible robot. Well, great episode, Roberta is awesome.
Jun 8, 2019 2:57 AM

Dec 2013
This is getting exciting! Damn that Roberta. She should have agreed with Revy, I think they'll let go of that child as long as they will not harm. I feel bad for the bar owner!

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Sep 14, 2019 5:11 PM

Mar 2018
I'd like for Roberta to get her own show where she cleans up that rotten town. I'm not sure who to root for here, her or Lagoon.
Sep 27, 2019 9:18 AM

Jun 2019
Damn Roberta's OP! Rock's Terminator reference had me laughing out loud, the similarities are quite staggering.

Really awesome chase scene!

I gotta say, it's nice that Revy's knocked out. Her personality's really overbering in my opinion.
Dec 3, 2019 9:57 PM

Dec 2015
JudgeRuthless said:
Don't you realize that adding exagerated characters like Roberta ruins the show? :/

First the super boat jump and now roberta. I thought this anime wanted to not defy laws of physics. -.-

It's always double edged sword for me

Anyway, I'm not quite fond of action series/movies that show the characters can't be hit by bullets at close distance without cover like this (aside from her armored suitcase). But since she's somehow didn't even injured by the car chase and crash, I'm just led all of that slide by the end of the episode.

That being said, this is one hell of an episode lol. Really love all the Terminator references. And I prefer if they show her eyes more (I know her 'tinted' glasses is for cool factor) coz she looks totally hot
Dec 10, 2019 4:07 PM

Nov 2017
Yowza, Roberta is as beautiful as she is tough
Jan 10, 2020 4:52 PM
Jun 2017
An overall entertaining episode.

Roberta is too white to have been a soldier for the FARC, huh.

Kinda nice to see someone from your country in an anime, but well...
Nov 3, 2020 7:32 PM

Feb 2015
I really liked this episode, quite intense and exciting, my favourite so far. For the very first time the Black Lagoon gang really feels threatened and endangered, Roberta even took out Revy. The music was fantastic and so was the animation, it was like a mix of Terminator and some Tarantino movie, which is great. I hope we see more of this killing maid.
Yes, it was over the top and sometimes even ridiculous but I was honestly expecting something like this happening sooner or later, it's quite common in action movies/ series, so I can let it slide for this arc, it's no like the whole series handles this level of unrealism, plus the whole execution of it was outstanding so I don’t mind.

Dec 29, 2020 2:11 PM

Jul 2017
That. Was. AWESOME!!!!!

Jesus Christ, Roberta went more than Terminator mode on their asses. What a fucking adrenaline rush I got from watching this episode, from Roberta absolutely destroying the cartel with her unconventional disguises for weapons, to her epic car chase (and running too) with the Lagoon Company who still had Garcia with them, albeit this time Garcia wanted to be with them since he was shit scared that his maid was a killing machine robot disguised as a sweet, innocent maid.

That car chase was fucking amazing. It was superbly drawn, animated and directed from start to finish with blood-pumping music playing in the background, and those explosions and shooting sound effects sound and look satisfying and well done as ever. Madhouse really went full house on this show and this scene in particular, they did such a great job with the intensity and hype with this whole arc so far. Roberta's presence in this anime feels ruthless, intimidating from just looking at her despite the innocent image and the subtle Latino OST playing in the background to make her even more spine-chilling. The past 3 episodes have been fantastic as a whole.
Dec 31, 2020 8:37 AM
Sep 2019
Everyone talking about terminator references but no one saying anything about Dutch mentioning Giuliano Gemma
Jan 1, 2021 3:12 PM
Apr 2020
Roberta really is the terminator, that was an action packed episode. Really liked it
Jul 3, 2021 10:14 PM

Feb 2020
Great episode. This anime is getting good as hell. Bad ass maid...

Revy wake uuuuuuuuuuup!!!
Jul 12, 2022 4:55 AM
Jan 2017
Shit is fucking wild man.
Aug 3, 2022 4:20 PM

Sep 2016
She's just gonna end up killing the kid if this keeps up... For a badass she can be kinda dumb about her priorities.
Dec 10, 2022 2:38 PM

Mar 2020
what the hell am i looking at, wait but i didn't know terminator was a woman xD!!!
Jan 6, 2023 5:56 PM

Oct 2015
YOU KNOW WHAT?? F**K REVY.

ROBERTA BEST TERMINATOR GIRL
   HuaLian <3
Jan 19, 2023 1:09 AM

Dec 2019
Easily the best episode so far and by alot too lol
Feb 6, 2023 11:16 PM
Feb 2021
Rock is irritating, Roberta is a terminator
Mar 26, 2023 4:21 PM

Apr 2013
I like Roberta, such a badass!

.·:*¨ 𝕾𝖊𝖙 𝕸𝖊 𝕱𝖗𝖊𝖊 - 𝕵𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖈𝖆 𝕵𝖚𝖓𝖌 ¨*:·. 𓆩♡𓆪
𝟬:𝟱𝟱 ㅇ──────────────── 𝟯:𝟮𝟲
↺¹ |◁ ▷| ⋮≡
Apr 24, 2023 3:57 PM

Nov 2022
Wtf is this trash? Show was good then they introduce some bullshit arc with some superpowered, unkillable bitch doing some unthinkable shit and having insane plot armor, at times standing there and doing nothing while 10 other people could shoot her or getting blown by 20 nades and she comes out without a scratch? And of course it's anime so she has to be dressed as a maid...

Then the kid doesn't wanna deal with murdering psychos like her and she's like "Oooh, the 12 year old doesn't see me as his angel nanny anymore..." lmao, no shit?

Nah man, plot went into the garbage with this one, nonsense left and right...
May 20, 2023 5:49 PM
Aug 2021
Female Terminator maid to Kill
Jun 3, 2023 5:09 AM

Mar 2022
This is possibly the best episode of the show.. Seriously Roberta was just channeling the T-1000 there when she was pursuing the Black Lagoon crew. In fact the whole episode was a whole pastiche to Terminator 2 and I loved that. So intense, so thrilling, plus it makes Roberta feel like an actual threat to Revy as well as everyone else present.

Hopefully she can be beaten in the next episode. Fantastic episode like I said.
Aug 22, 2023 10:00 PM
Feb 2021
The mafia was COLOMBIAN, but the dub version is MEXICAN?????? they could get a single colombian voice actor instead. NOT ALL THE LATINOS ARE MEXICAN. If the story says colombian GET A COLOMBIAN VOICE ACTOR.
Oct 31, 2023 12:18 AM

Jun 2020
Been loving the show and have been fine with the plot armor but this episode had a lot of instances where Roberta was standing still that the Colombians could have used to shoot her head without yelling her damn name. Rock and the kid were kind of frustrating but whatever, Im excited to see the Russians come and pay Dutch back.
Dec 17, 2023 2:14 AM

Oct 2020
Were Roberta's action scenes a little over the top? Maybe
Were they cool? Yes
Plus, Revy's already defied physics plenty of times at this point with her boat hopping so Roberta's strength isn't completely impossible for this series

Also, omg her eyes are so pretty
Jan 28, 6:50 PM

Sep 2013
Was Roberta firing rubber bullet at the cartel? How did they survive all that gunfire LOL. Really fun episode to watch nonetheless.
Feb 20, 8:36 AM

Jul 2021
That maid is crazy strong. Revy took that explosion head on im suprised she only got a concussion though she seems like she’s gonna be out for some time. I hope she wakes up soon.

Its nice seeing Balalaika again and its nice of her to get a squad to help Dutch and them. I’m also excited to just see more of her I really like her character.

Apr 16, 12:26 AM
Mar 2024
Muito foda todas as referências a Exterminador do Futuro e a justaposição de uma coisa ridícula como uma maid T-800 ser levado tão a sério da Balalaika mobilizar metade da VDV é simplesmente hilário.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Lagoon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

djinn_690 - May 25, 2008

141 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 12:07 AM

Poll: » Black Lagoon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

slashed - Feb 27, 2008

164 by ReyanshManta »»
Mar 29, 10:30 AM

» Sub or dub? ( 1 2 )

Headpatts - Oct 17, 2022

50 by Kirino »»
Mar 2, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OmegaRed - Dec 16, 2008

81 by bubba460z »»
Feb 20, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

seita - Aug 23, 2008

119 by bubba460z »»
Feb 20, 2:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.