Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Dec 26, 2011 10:48 PM

Aug 2010
Oh my ****ing ****. This anime is so overwhelming with the symbolism and plot, and there are so many twists! The ending...I'm crying on the inside about how this all turned out, yet I'm so happy about it! Shoma and Kanba are erased/rewritten as their younger selves talking about the symbol of an apple...which directly takes it back to the first few episodes where they had the NPC boys walking down the ally talking about it...

This series is definitely on my rewatch list. Will do rewatch once I acquire all the Blu Ray eps and have the substantial time to watch.

I'm hoping for some sort of OVA or something Steins;Gate will be pulling off...A MOVIE.

Overall Rating: 10/10. It's hard to say about the best anime of the year, since Steins;Gate is on top of my list. Maybe a tie for the number 1 spot? :P

EDIT: I forgot to mention...NO MORE FABULOUS MAX FRIDAYS! :(
(I usually get my eps on Fridays so, bleh.)
GigaSPXDec 27, 2011 4:53 PM
Dec 27, 2011 6:07 AM

Mar 2008
MapleRose said:
I’d understand about Kanba, since his dad said something about choosing him, but what about Shouma?

Kanba's father REGRET choosing him.
Dec 27, 2011 10:21 AM

Dec 2009
Okay, I'm kinda confused but I loved this so much. ;A;

9/10
Dec 27, 2011 10:28 AM
Nov 2010
I love this episode, though it would have been better if Ringo and Shouma had ended together....But I'm slightly satisfied with the "I love you" that was sweet

This episode 5/5
Overall 8/10
Dec 27, 2011 10:31 AM
May 2011
MapleRose said:

Secondly, in the after transfer world, if Himari never got sick, wouldn’t she auditioned with Hikari and Hibari as Triple H? Yet there was Double H in that world and Himari’s not a singer as far as I can tell.

Because she lived with a different family, perhaps she didn't even get to go to the same school as them? Because it looks to me as if she's never even met Double H. She said that she was collecting their merch spoke as if she were just another fan.

Blah, I was hoping at the end she was gonna be in Triple H as well..... )):
Dec 27, 2011 10:40 AM

Sep 2011
I wrote my thoughts about Kanba/Himari on tumblr. Here it is, in case anyone is interested in taking a look at them: http://targetlost.tumblr.com/post/14866954581/mawaru-penguindrum-24

I enjoyed writing it.
Dec 27, 2011 3:59 PM

Feb 2011
Wow, almost have no words to express my feelings, towards this ending. Episode ended about half an hour ago and I'm still crying.
One of the best, if not THE best I've ever seen. The symbolism was just...wow.

10/10 series and faved.
Dec 27, 2011 9:18 PM

Jan 2010
Bittersweet ending..I don't know if my tears out for sadness or the beauty of the story?

Dec 27, 2011 10:36 PM

Oct 2011
wonderful ending :( i'd say one of the best series this year
Nope.
Dec 27, 2011 10:59 PM

Aug 2011
http://youtu.be/3Qu6_ov-r4Y
What do you think?
arrozykamehamehaDec 27, 2011 11:05 PM
Dec 28, 2011 9:07 AM

May 2010
YayPepsi said:
I wrote my thoughts about Kanba/Himari on tumblr. Here it is, in case anyone is interested in taking a look at them: http://targetlost.tumblr.com/post/14866954581/mawaru-penguindrum-24

I enjoyed writing it.

I love your interpretation ,well done
Dec 28, 2011 12:40 PM

Sep 2011
nonlly said:
YayPepsi said:

I enjoyed writing it.

I love your interpretation ,well done

Thank you! I love these two a lot, so I have a lot to say about them. xD
Dec 28, 2011 3:35 PM

Apr 2010
arrozykamehameha said:
What do you think?

It's damn great.
Dec 28, 2011 6:53 PM

Apr 2011
Mindblown.
Dec 28, 2011 7:50 PM

Aug 2011
Solkiskey said:
arrozykamehameha said:
What do you think?

It's damn great.

Thanks! :)
Dec 29, 2011 8:55 AM

Aug 2009
nearly cried...
such a bittersweet ending...
but it kinda sad that ringo and himari didn't know about kanba and shouma
:(
Dec 29, 2011 11:56 AM

Jun 2008
...wait, all Ringo had to do to change fates was say that one line? They could have solved all these problems so long ago!

It was a great show, and at least an interesting ending, but I think they waited to long to try to explain some stuff and thus it was weakly explained or not even bothered with. Like other people said...what was with the boxes Kanba and Shoma were in?

And moreover, how are the two alive in the other fate line if they took the sacrifice to change it? Momoka didn't live in an alternate fate after her sacrifice, so why these two? And why were they reborn so young so as to ruin all the shippings?

And why did Sanetoshi not do anything to stop them in the last scene instead of just standing around like a doofus?

Lots of missed opportunities, but still probably the best anime I've seen all year.

Dec 29, 2011 1:18 PM
Jul 2009
darkares said:
...wait, all Ringo had to do to change fates was say that one line? They could have solved all these problems so long ago!

It's a "blue bird of happiness" thing. I mean, the important thing wasn't the line, but the feelings behind it. What changed fate wasn't the spell, but Ringo's love for the brothers and Himari, which had grown during the course of the series to the point she was willing to give up her life for them.

That feeling, which was only possible due to everything Ringo went through during the series, is what made the miracle possible, not the line.

darkares said:
how are the two alive in the other fate line if they took the sacrifice to change it? Momoka didn't live in an alternate fate after her sacrifice, so why these two? And why were they reborn so young so as to ruin all the shippings?

The last scene was a reference to the Night on the Galactic Railroad, so Kanba and Shouma are not really alive. Kanba says so himself: "Death is not the end, but the beginning". The beginning of the new adventure, an adventure in the afterlife.

It's pretty self-explanatory actually, if you pay attention.

darkares said:
And why did Sanetoshi not do anything to stop them in the last scene instead of just standing around like a doofus?

He wasn't a real person. He was only the personification of a curse. He said so himself. That's why he couldn't really do anything but manipulate people to do what he wanted.
Dec 29, 2011 5:16 PM
May 2011
1idd0kun said:

The last scene was a reference to the Night on the Galactic Railroad, so Kanba and Shouma are not really alive. Kanba says so himself: "Death is not the end, but the beginning". The beginning of the new adventure, an adventure in the afterlife.

It's pretty self-explanatory actually, if you pay attention.

I had no idea.
I thought that because they were willing to give away their lives for love they were rewarded with their own apples, and thus reincarnated.
Dec 29, 2011 5:37 PM

Aug 2010
Damn, I didn't think those two being in the end also actually alluded to another series. I really thought they were just gone out of existence to an end like this.

I really hope there's another series in the near future like this one. I'll watch it after I can catch up on RG Utena. ~__~
GigaSPXDec 29, 2011 5:41 PM
Dec 29, 2011 6:10 PM
Jul 2009
epiklow said:
I thought that because they were willing to give away their lives for love they were rewarded with their own apples, and thus reincarnated.

That's a rather mathematical way of seeing it...

Anyway, the apple means "life" in the sense that without love and purpose your life has no meaning, and so you'll never amount to anything. In other words, it's a metaphor.

The brothers were rewarded, with the happiness of those who lived on (Himari, Ringo, Mazako, etc). That's what gives their sacrifice meaning. This is also in line with the Night on the Galactic Railroad.
Dec 29, 2011 8:10 PM

Nov 2007
what the fuck did I just watch? I know this was straight weird, and random from the beginning but this ENDING MADE NO SENSE. all the freaky interludes and flashbacks didn't help. there is so much unexplained.

what the hell was behind what was happening to them as kids? what really happened with Momokoa? Sanetoshi? The Takakura parents?

everyone just forgets Shoma and Kanba and they vanish? wtf kind of ending is that?

I enjoyed the series but the wrap up and ending was terrible. It makes me want to drop my score down quite a bit. there's so many plot holes and inconsistencies among all the other things that don't make sense.

I mean really, I STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED.
Dec 30, 2011 7:08 AM

Jul 2011
Great anime, nice story but some parts are too confusing, especially the final...
Dec 30, 2011 10:12 AM
Sep 2009
FABULOUS MAX. That is all.

On a side note: I understand that many people are still confused. Rewatch the anime, there's so much more to the story and you'll be surprised at all of the symbolism and abstract this anime had. It's art at its finest.

Also if I were to rate it any lower than 10 it's probably because they run the anime weekly (if only it was daily).

EDIT: I found this AMAZING post that is very well written that might help you people just get the gist of the story.

A purposeless Shouma saved Himari and gave her a family, thus shared his apple with her; Himari was henceforth given a purpose, but keep in mind that Shouma received nothing in turn. Then Kanba gets accepted into the family and Himari gives him the bandaid to keep the pain away, thus Kanba decides he'll do anything for her; here Himari was unknowingly sharing her apple with Kanba, because she gave him a purpose. Kanba was able to actually receive the apple because he wasn't completely empty and devoid of purpose like Shouma himself was, as Kanba already had precious people he wanted to protect (Masako and Mario, his words on the cage are a reference to them) as such his "box" was able to connect to the outside world, if only for a moment and the apple reaches him. And when he shares it with Shouma, Shouma's purpose becomes precisely that: Himari no Tame Ni + Kanba = Takakura Family's wellbeing.

That's the reason why Shouma is so single-minded about keeping the family united; because thats' what gave meaning to his existence, as such was what he inherited that day Kanba shared his apple with him. He, however, still remains kind of empty and from that comes his apparent uncapability to love, but Ringo comes around to change all that. When Ringo (whose name speaks for itself) comes around, she effectively becomes an apple for Shouma, a "whole" one all to himself, and she fulfills the part of Shouma that had remained closed-off to the world. He isn't able to accept it however until he lets his barriers down. The key difference here is that Ringo's metaphorical apple didn't give him a purpose, as he already had one, but gave him the will to break the chains of fate and be assertive, which is what he lacked.

Yuri and Tabuki talking about needing to be loved, and that is the apple. Being loved gives life meaning. Without this they would just 'become invisible', they would be unneeded and might aswell not exist, equivalent to death. This explains why Kanba broke apart and a flash fo the Child broiler was shown, he gave up his whole purpose (his half and the half Shouma gave back) and became invisible, he died. Whereas Shouma had an apple to himself, which he sacrificed in place of Ringo causing him to die in the flames.

Himari was the lamb chosen to die by the curse. This is why such lengths were needed to save her.

The cages represent their lives and social interacting, they are what Sanetoshi was talking about: "the box calles 'self'", the walls between people. Kanba and Shouma were 'unwanted children' and were starved of love, until Kanba received some from Himari. This was shared with Shouma creating their family. This shared love giving both of them life was eventually put back together to give life back to Himari who had died. (It may be a little hard to wrap your head around the apples, Penguindrums being both a metaphor for love/purpose and an actual thing giving life.) They were never released from their cages, they just shared between them and were not starved. Sanetoshi never found love or a purpose, and no one reached out to him as Kanba did to Shouma. He was alone in his cage with the walls seperating him from everyone else, he hated the world and wanted to destroy it.

"Simply put, the apple is also a reward for those chosen to die for love."

Because both boys chose love in the end (like the apple dialogue in episode 1 says), they both are rewarded with their own apples, making this "just the beginning."

These 'apples' are their Penguindrum. Shouma gave Himari, Himari gave Kanba, Kanba gave Shouma. Mawaru Penguindrum

Also, another blog that explain this anime VERY well. You might enjoy reading this more than the above because there's pictures going a long with it. http://8ths.in/category/anime/mawaru-penguindrum/

Lastly, a very useful post that explain all the symbolism in the anime: http://behind-the.nihonreview.com/20111204/interpreting-the-concept-of-fate-through-mawaru-penguindrums-visual-landscape/

Yes, I'm very very very IMPRESSED by this anime that I've to post all of these shit so you guys can see how amazing this series is.

FritscDec 30, 2011 11:04 AM
Dec 31, 2011 8:53 PM

Oct 2011
Amazing... Truly fabulous max~
At first I thought this anime was gonna be a stupid comedy about girl wearing penguin hats and penguins in general. Man I was wrong.
It's confusing, but you can interpret it in so many ways. Such an amusing watch.
9/10
St-HubertDec 31, 2011 10:32 PM
Jan 2, 2012 2:20 PM
Mar 2008
One of the best animes I've watched, ever.
Jan 2, 2012 8:12 PM
Feb 2011
I had to force myself past the first half of the series out of pure dislike of Kanba. But once you started to see his true colors more clearly I was hoping for his ass to get kicked... sadly enough it never happened. The other lead characters are to forgiving. But was still a great ending.

I just wish Sho gave his life for Himari. Maybe if they played off the whole soal mate thing for some extra romance. They could have put more emotion into the show if they made it a love triangle or unrequited love.

Tho I did tear up when Himari read the note in the stuff animal.

8/10
Jan 3, 2012 2:38 PM
Jul 2009
korn7809 said:
I just wish Sho gave his life for Himari. Maybe if they played off the whole soal mate thing for some extra romance.

But if Shouma is Himari's soulmate because he gave her and apple, then Kanba is Shouma's soulmate, since he was the one who gave Shouma the apple in the first place. That wouldn't be the sort of triangle you were hoping for, would it? lol

But I think the translation "soulmate" is not appropriate withing the context of the series. The Japanese term is "umme no hito" which literally translates to "person of fate". If you think about it that way, it becomes clear "umme no hito" doesn't refer to someone you're "fated to be with" (ie: soulmate) but rather someone that "changed your fate". Kanba changed Shouma's fate when he gave him an apple, and then Shouma changed Himari's fate when he gave the apple to her.

Now, on the other hand, the romance between Ringo and Shouma did play out as a "fated romance" of sort.
1idd0kunJan 3, 2012 8:52 PM
Jan 3, 2012 5:09 PM

Aug 2008
I've seen confusing storylines before, but this one is the most confusing anime I've seen so far.
I think I got the gist of most of the stuff that went around, but I was left out in some other things as well.
Jan 3, 2012 7:09 PM

Aug 2009
What an amazing series this has been. The ending was bittersweet, yet beautiful at the same time. Though it was to be expected, just as how the mood was set from the very first episode. The idea of materializing love as apples, and passing said apples around was brilliant. A true story of love and sacrifice. A true masterpiece.

Together with Madoka, the two are the best anime I have watched in years.

Fritsc said:
EDIT: I found this AMAZING post that is very well written that might help you people just get the gist of the story.

Thank you for sharing. Anyone who doesn't understand the plot very well should read this! :)
Jan 3, 2012 8:51 PM
Jul 2009
Fritsc said:
Thank you for sharing. Anyone who doesn't understand the plot very well should read this! :)

It should be noted that's just one of many interpretations. After all, one of Penguindrum's interesting points is that the symbolism and metaphors can be interpreted in many ways so there's no an absolute truth to what's going on in the story.
Jan 3, 2012 8:52 PM
Feb 2011
1idd0kun said:
korn7809 said:
I just wish Sho gave his life for Himari. Maybe if they played off the whole soal mate thing for some extra romance.

But if Shouma is Himari's soulmate because he gave her and apple, then Kanba is Shouma's soulmate, since he was the one who gave Shouma the apple in the first place. That wouldn't be the sort of triangle you were hoping for, would it? lol

Yes in sense I would say it wouldn't work for the reason of soulmate being thrown around. But Sho was the first in the picture and did make the biggest impact on her life. And I'm sure Sho had MUCH larger feelings for Himari then shown. He almost beat up Ringo for talking smack about his feelings for her.

I also must ask why the hell did the goddess pick Kanba to share his life with Himari? I bet Sho would have given his whole life to save her seeing as he isn't a greedy SOB. Using Kanba to save Himari is insulting to Himari... You don't find many characters like her in a show. And Ringo may not have exactly deserved to die but she isn't worth Sho sacrifice his life for her. Do to background of the characters and there relationship I think Yuri or Keiju would have been for a more believable and suitable sacrifice for Ringo.

P.S. It still really pisses me off that Kanba got to have a good ending instead of getting the crap beat out of him!! He was willing to sacrifice Sho just to live with Himari!!! If Himari knew about it there is no way in hell she would be able to look at him again!.. Then again she still loved him even after she knew about his plans to try to kill everyone.
korn7809Jan 3, 2012 8:56 PM
Jan 4, 2012 1:29 AM
Jul 2009
korn7809 said:
Yes in sense I would say it wouldn't work for the reason of soulmate being thrown around. But Sho was the first in the picture and did make the biggest impact on her life. And I'm sure Sho had MUCH larger feelings for Himari then shown. He almost beat up Ringo for talking smack about his feelings for her.

Actually not. He snapped on Ringo because he knew she nailed it. This is made explicit in the novel, which let us into Shouma's thoughts.

korn7809 said:
I also must ask why the hell did the goddess pick Kanba to share his life with Himari? I bet Sho would have given his whole life to save her seeing as he isn't a greedy SOB.

Again it's the opposite. The thing with Shouma is that he's too complex: what he projects on the outside is quite different to what's happening inside him. In the novel we are into his thoughts so he's a bit easier to understand. In the anime, though, all we get to work with is his penguin. If you pay attention to Shouma's penguin during key scenes you can see how his heart (which is what the penguin represents) and Shouma's actions are very disassociated.

The key issue is that he believes he can't love and be loved. This is very difficult to understand because it contradicts a lot with his actions and intentions, specially regarding his family. Indeed, he seems to care a lot about Kanba and Himari. Yet, there's a part of him that puts a barrier between them.

This has to do with his guilt over being the only real son of the Takakura and the one who introduced Himari into the family. He guilt makes him believe he doesn't deserve love, and that he can't truly love either.

Whether you like it or not, this (Shouma's issue) is something that neither Kanba nor Himari could change, specially since both of them had issues of their own. That's where Ringo comes into play.

Ringo is the first person that managed to break Shouma's walls. Ringo inspired Shouma even when she was still in crazy mode. And when she left her craziness behind and became a new person, she was the only one that never left his side, even though he tried to push her away at first (our of fear).

Ringo made Shouma understand that he could be loved, and that he could love in return too. It's because of her that at the end he understand what he must do.

korn7809 said:
Using Kanba to save Himari is insulting to Himari... You don't find many characters like her in a show.

Kanba saved her because he was the only one who could do it. Remember, the penguindrum (which is a metaphor for love and purpose) was Kanba's to begin with so he was the only one who could do it. Whether she liked it or not, that was the only way.

korn7809 said:
And Ringo may not have exactly deserved to die but she isn't worth Sho sacrifice his life for her.

Whether she "deserved" it or not is irrelevant (although I disagree that she didn't deserved it). The only one who could save Ringo was Shouma because he loved her. It's because he loved her that he could take the curse in her place.

Remember, we're talking specifically about a sacrifice out of love. That's why Shouma saved Ringo and Kanba saved Himari. They sacrificed themselves for those they loved the most. It wouldn't have worked any other way.
Jan 4, 2012 4:54 PM
Feb 2011
wether or not sho felt he couldn't love himari or not doesn't look like it matters. it seemed like he loved her. he felt the e emotions as kanda at the same moments he did just not to the same point of kanda.
Jan 4, 2012 6:26 PM

Aug 2010
korn7809 said:
wether or not sho felt he couldn't love himari or not doesn't look like it matters. it seemed like he loved her. he felt the e emotions as kanda at the same moments he did just not to the same point of kanda.

No shizz, he loved her because he considered them all as a family. It's just that he also has Ringo as his lover too. So wouldn't it be awkward to be in love with someone who you just think as a little sister overall throughout your lifetime? (no incest thoughts here)
Jan 4, 2012 8:36 PM
Jul 2009
korn7809 said:
wether or not sho felt he couldn't love himari or not doesn't look like it matters.

It matters a lot.

korn7809 said:
it seemed like he loved her.

He loved her as a sister, and even then he still put a wall between them.

korn7809 said:
he felt the e emotions as kanda at the same moments he did.

No at all. If Shou loved Himari the same way Kanba did, Shou would have had a penguindrum to save her. But he didn't. The penguindrum was Kanba's, because only Kanba loved her that way.
Jan 5, 2012 10:53 AM
Feb 2011
oh well I just wish it turned it different. just not my show I guess.
Jan 5, 2012 11:02 AM

Jul 2010
from episode 1 till 24 my score didnt changed...7/10
Story 2/10. Didnt liked it at all, because of too many unexplained, random features like some fate train, or may be some pinguin drum apple?No, how about that diary with a spell in it(no really?), well i maybe would eat it if they would give more infromation about who/where/what/WTF is going on.
Art 10/10. I liked art here, it was very detailed and colorful, and my eyes liked it ^_^.
Sound 10/10.I liked sound too.
Characters 8/10.I liked charachers because of their memorable personalites, well told back story ,and just how they acted it the anime.
Enjoyment 5/10. While i loved the art, liked sound and charachers, i got compleatly bored and trolled by story...So my enjoyment dropped a lot while i tryed to figure out WTF is happening in here.
My score for this anime is 7/10.Everything that i wrote above while using my bad and rought english is just an IMHO.
Jan 5, 2012 12:44 PM

Sep 2011
I bet Sho would have given his whole life to save her seeing as he isn't a greedy SOB.

How is Kanba greedy when it comes to Himari of all people? I just don't understand. You could argue that Kanba is greedy in his love for her towards other people - he wants to save her and doesn't care what he has to do to get it done. But Kanba being greedy TOWARDS Himari? No. Kanba wanted to sacrifice his own life for Himari from the very beginning. In episode 1, he broke down crying in the doctor's office and told the doctor he would give anything, even his own organs and his life to save her. That has been his driving force throughout the series. In episode 12 he again tries to give his life to save Himari, but the princess won't accept it (or she couldn't, because Shouma had half the penguindrum at the time.) In the end, when sacrificing his life for her will actually save her life this time, he abandons Sanetoshi's plan and does that instead. (Sacrificing his life was plan A, after all.) Meanwhile, Shouma was a lot more reserved in the "Himari no tame ni" department. He did what he could to save her, sure, but he was a lot less passionate about it. (He didn't even want to enter a girl's bedroom.) He loved Himari a lot to be sure, but he loved her as his sister. Kanba loved her as his most precious person.

I don't think that the goddess had a hard decision to pick which person to help Himari out - seeing as Kanba's entire life was dedicated to her from the moment she put that bandage on his cheek when he was a kid. He was always thinking of her. It was his idea to paint the house when they were kids for instance, just so he could see her smile. So what if Shouma was the first? In the end, Kanba had a big impact on her life - in fact, he was the one who left a mark on her in the altered timeline (Sanetoshi had told him they wouldn't leave anything behind, but he did. Shouma left a mark on Ringo too.)

He was willing to sacrifice Sho just to live with Himari!!! If Himari knew about it there is no way in hell she would be able to look at him again!..

...But he didn't. He shot Shouma with a penguinball to knock him out so that he could get Himari on the train. He didnt actually try and kill him. I'm not saying that if push came to shove, he wouldn't kill Shouma for Himari's sake, but I think he'd have a lot of trouble doing it. But killing Shouma wasn't required, and he didn't.
YayPepsiJan 5, 2012 12:54 PM
Jan 5, 2012 7:01 PM

Apr 2008
Not quite sure what to think about this show now. I loved the way it started it honestly kept me hooked the mysterious penguindrum, all the skepticism about destiny BUT somewhere down the line the show lost it's edge.

I think this was when people kept getting resurrected when the story-line became more serious, somehow I wasn't as interested anymore because I knew whoever died would be brought back with some form of magic - Ignoring this I enjoyed the episodes that clarified who Momoka was and how all the characters were connected I thought they were really well executed.

The thing about the ending that pisses me off is the whole SPELL RECITATION + LOVE HOCUS POCUS = RESOLUTION - I mean tell me this cliche hasn't been reused a million times - (the animation during which everything's exploding and they're all telling each other how much they love each other dragged on and on it was so 4ucking cheesy I kept wanting it to end

I like the idea that shoma and sho both sacrificed themselves and shared the burden of their fate, I only wish they could have portrayed it through a better
medium rather than HOCUS POCUS AND THEY ALL LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER (oh and so did their teacher and that actress even though they started out using each other how peachy).

As a result of all this I give the show a 7.5 or an 8 at best
Jan 5, 2012 9:04 PM
Nov 2011
Bittersweet, indeed. The show was a good watch, I must say; had me confused until I watched the last two episodes. Still, that confusion was probably the thing that did the trick and had me intrigued to watch more and more and eventually finish it. Loved the brothers, their relationship, and their sacrifice. Never really liked their sister, Himari, but whatevers... they both loved her and did whatever they found was right for her. The best thing the anime has is probably the dense relationship between those three, even when they were not biologically related, through were, emotionally related. Story: 5/10. Characters: 9/10. Animation: 8/10. Enjoyment: 6/10. Overall, the anime gets a 7/10.
Jan 5, 2012 10:06 PM
Feb 2011
YayPepsi said:

He was willing to sacrifice Sho just to live with Himari!!! If Himari knew about it there is no way in hell she would be able to look at him again!..

...But he didn't. He shot Shouma with a penguinball to knock him out so that he could get Himari on the train. He didnt actually try and kill him. I'm not saying that if push came to shove, he wouldn't kill Shouma for Himari's sake, but I think he'd have a lot of trouble doing it. But killing Shouma wasn't required, and he didn't.

What about all the bombs? Wouldn't those kill loads of people? Including Sho?
Jan 5, 2012 11:07 PM

Sep 2011
korn7809 said:

What about all the bombs? Wouldn't those kill loads of people? Including Sho?

They wouldn't necessarily kill Shouma. Kanba brought Himari on the train, and it definitely wasn't his intention to kill her. Sanetoshi was also on the train and I don't think his intention was to go down with it. They were in some sort of magical space created by Sanetoshi, (in episode 23, we see the bunnies jumping down into Sanetoshi's shadow) and when Shouma boarded the train he also entered that same space when Kanba showed him where Himari was. They all probably would have been safe from the bombs.
YayPepsiJan 5, 2012 11:10 PM
Jan 6, 2012 5:32 AM
Nov 2011
I dont liked the end, but i loved to watch this anime :'(
Jan 6, 2012 6:59 PM

Oct 2010
Hm, yes, a piece in my heart says: "everything is solved with visual poetry."

But overall a very nice anime, the transfer of fate (again) is a fresh twist.
Jan 8, 2012 10:52 AM
Oct 2007
Intriguing and beautiful to the very end. The storyline, characters development and art direction.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2012 4:30 PM

Aug 2011
Please, can somebody tell me the name of the OST that plays during this episode that has a girl singing (with no lyrics) and it plays during the part where Himari is giving the penguindrum to Kanba. I am absolutely obsessed with it!
Jan 9, 2012 2:33 AM

Aug 2011
itsvero said:
Please, can somebody tell me the name of the OST that plays during this episode that has a girl singing (with no lyrics) and it plays during the part where Himari is giving the penguindrum to Kanba. I am absolutely obsessed with it!

isn't released yet, for the time being I did this http://youtu.be/3Qu6_ov-r4Y
Jan 9, 2012 7:59 PM

Aug 2011
arrozykamehameha said:
itsvero said:

Thanks for the link! But that's not the one I'm referring to, it's this one (starts at 3:53) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-Ac9u5JxsQ&feature=related
Jan 9, 2012 8:09 PM

Aug 2011
itsvero said:
arrozykamehameha said:
itsvero said:

Thanks for the link! But that's not the one I'm referring to, it's this one (starts at 3:53) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-Ac9u5JxsQ&feature=related

Let's hear it....
Aaah, isn't released yet either xd
and I can't write it (I mean, well, I can but..) because it would sound too bad, the voice I mean
Maybe I'll write it anyway xd
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

RainbowMagnet - Oct 13, 2011

218 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 1, 2011

217 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:58 AM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Blackbird - Jul 14, 2011

176 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jul 7, 2011

351 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 15, 2011

168 by FarCritical »»
Mar 27, 10:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.