Forums
New
Which do you like better?
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Feb 19, 2013 10:49 PM

Sep 2010
tsudecimo said:
Riptos said:
After having marthoned this over the last day. I am on the Haruka side of the field.

Mitsuki I didnt mind but she was by far the most selfish character throughout the series. Stopping Takayuki from seeing Haruka because of her own insecurity just really irritated me. I think I would have started acting the same way he did after that. Essentially she was asking him to stop being a pillar of support for her former best friend just so she could have him to herself.

I think that's despicable personally. I understand why he went back to her at the end but the journey itself made me think Haruka would have been a better choice for him.

Why? after all she did to him she is supposed to be like '' go to your ex am ok with it'' .
maidoftime said:

Mitsuki's a shit.

No the male MC is SHIT.

Calm down. This is a poll about Haruka vs. Mitsuki. If it were about which character was the worst then definitely Takayuki.
Jun 27, 2013 9:45 AM

Apr 2010
GracefulDownfall said:
kei-clone said:
well first it wasn't even three years later when she put the moves on Takayuki, it was one.

even if that's long enough, even if that was all she did, but a lot of her other actions were simply disgusting. It definitely wasn't just the fact that she took Takayuki, that's somewhat understandable, but her whole attitude when Haruka came out of the coma. Takayuki was somewhat at fault to but I say 90% of the angst that happened in what was supposed to be a happy moment of a victim coming out of her coma was because of Mitsuki.

Forbidding Takayuki to visit Haruka?! wtf?!

"Haruka's not my best friend anymore"?! wtf?!

Mitsuki intending to sleep with some random friends because she was bitching that Takayuki's visiting Haruka too much?! goddam!

And look at this, what happened to that memorable pic of all four of them, as well as the memorable night on top of the hill. This is less Mitsuki's fault and more of all three, Takayuki and Shinji. I mean wtf, at the end only Haruka was at the top of that hill, remembering the times they had together. Everyone else just didn't seem to care. tats just bad I think. That's one of the reasons I liked Haruka too, she was loyal to the end, in stark contrast to most of the other characters.

This. This. This.

Mitsuki was a backstabber from the very beginning. As soon as Haruka had the accident she (Mitsuki) got all over Narumi, and come on, tell me that it's not slutty how she just took her clothes off...
Then when Haruka woke up for the second time, Mitsuki even said that it was Narumi hitting on her. That definately made me start hating her (until then I almost felt sorry for her)
I really don't understand how she doesn't feel guilty at all and it was her fault that Haruka had an accident.
She also almost slept with a completely random guy but ended up cheating on Narumi with his childhood friend instead.
Slut.
Slut.
Slut.

Haruka on the other hand turned out to be so strong, it really made me like her a lot. She also lost pretty much everything, all of her friends too. It's not fair.

^ this.
I was so happy when Haruka tried to start walking again to catch up the time she has missed with the MC. She worked so hard. ;-;
But noooo, he chose Mitsuki instead.

Mitsuki was so selfish.
The accident happened because of her.
Instead of feeling sorrow about the accident, she forced herself on the MC. Normally, a person would take distance.
Of course, 3 years has passed, but she said that Haruka wasn't her friend? She forbid the MC to see Haruka? She had sex with his best friend?
She's a damn mad-ass jealous slut.

They portrayed her so bad in the anime.. I wonder how she's like in the eroge.
Sep 12, 2013 2:44 AM
Jul 2013
Mitsuki deserves takayuki because she loved him for who he is while haruka merely idolized him from far before dating him. the biggest mistake mitsuki committed would be prodding takayuki to take haruka seriously after things fall apart the first time they start going out even though she loved him. while many may argue that she back stabbed haruka, the simple fact is she became concerned with takayuki possibly dying in that room and snapped him out of it. if not for her that bastard would probably be dwelling in his own shit out of guilt but not love as he constantly ignored haruka whenever it came to mitsuki. he came out of it only because mitsuki comforted him. her love for him was strong enough that she even lost akane whom she loved like a sister. her sleeping with shinji being called cheating is just sexism, she just wanted to sabotage her relationship because she can never let go of takayuki otherwise and he is all she had left. mitsuki felt guilty about her friends condition to the point of giving up everything in her life and worked in a dead end job taking care of takayuki despite the prospect of being a great athlete. while takayuki may indeed appear to suffer the most, either choice gets him a girl, while mitsuki will be left in the cold with nothing if he leaves her. her insecure behavior is understandable. the problem is due to the visual novel and its premise being crap, while the anime is exceptionally well written beyond the original plot.
Sep 23, 2013 4:35 AM

Aug 2013
Mitsuki,because? Because why not? There is nothing wrong with her (To be clear - I came to this conclusion in around 3/4 of this anime, in the beginning I hated her). The only one fool in this show is Narumi. I just could not look what he was doing!
I understand, there was very hard times for him, but his behavior was terrible. Mitsuki was the most hurt person in this anime. And I can't see any fault by her side (without moment, that she slept with Narumi's best friend). People c'mon, Haruka was in coma (for 3 years!!), it was not known whether she ever wake up. I like this ending (but Narumi doesn't deserve to be with person like Mitsuki is)
rsc-plSep 23, 2013 4:39 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 23, 2013 4:53 AM

Jul 2011
^ I agree with you
Sep 28, 2013 5:14 PM

Oct 2012
I like Mitsuki, but I like Haruka more.
Oct 5, 2013 8:12 PM

Jul 2013
Xinil said:
I'm a Mitsuki fan all the way. Hotter, more realistic, and just all around cooler.

Definitely Mitsuki, hands down.
Jan 1, 2014 3:50 PM

Jun 2009
Why is Haruka so popular? Mitsuki was the better character.
Jan 6, 2014 8:47 PM

May 2013
Mitsuki > Haruka

Yes she was a bitch for going after her best friends boyfriend but let's be honest, he only started dating Haruka when his real crush Mitsuki pushed him. That was Mitsuki's worst mistake IMO, she shouldn't have pushed Takayuki in to dating Haruka and than claim him when the poor girl is in a coma. Thats a no no!

I don't understand why people are complaining about Mitsuki sleeping with that guy, did you guys forget wat Takayuki was doing during his hospital visits, how many times did he kiss Haruka?and he would have done Haruka if she didn't had a scar lol

Anyways both Takayuki and Mitsuki made mistakes but they did love each other.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Apr 9, 2014 9:50 PM

Apr 2012
Xinil-sama made this thread. wow.

After having watched the whole show, I would say I would personally go for Haruka in Takayuki's situation, because she is a stronger individual. That said, it really is a hard choice.

I suppose Takayuki's decision has exactly to do with the fact that Haruka is a stronger individual, so she can live on without his support, while Mitsuki would be miserable without Takayuki.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Apr 18, 2014 12:57 AM

Apr 2014
Please I voted for Haruka because I didn't feel bad for her, but she didn't deserve it.

Mitsuki knew he was late for his date, yet stopped him so he can buy her a gift.. real?

Mitsuki was so infactuated with him that she used Narumi depression just to steal him away. ( by banging him )

She also banged the dudes best friend.( oh no my friends awake he'll never love me again, so lets go ride his best friend )

Nah mitsuki didn't deserve the ending, and Narumi is still lost, this anime is not complete.

I am glad Haruka and her lil sister was happy doe.
I'm done chasing my dreams because I know I'll only wake up to reality. That reality will soon become my dreams.
Apr 18, 2014 5:42 PM

Nov 2013
ruinfx said:
Please I voted for Haruka because I didn't feel bad for her, but she didn't deserve it.

Mitsuki knew he was late for his date, yet stopped him so he can buy her a gift.. real?

Mitsuki was so infactuated with him that she used Narumi depression just to steal him away. ( by banging him )

She also banged the dudes best friend.( oh no my friends awake he'll never love me again, so lets go ride his best friend )

Nah mitsuki didn't deserve the ending, and Narumi is still lost, this anime is not complete.

Just finished this series including the OVA...

Yup the TV series feels like the anime is incomplete, after I had watched the OVA, the time rewinds a little bit forward, undoing the mistakes which Takayuki and Mitsuki have made. And so, happy ending. I like the OVA though, really like it. And I vote for Haruka more than Mitsuki (because I liked that Takayuki has spent his life care for Haruka and hope she will wake up until their parents deny him from visiting). Although Mitsuki helped Takayuki for the past 2 years (first 1 year Takayuki was doing nothing at the moment).

Anyway from my opinion, both Haruka and Mitsuki were just like a strong magnet pulling a metal (Takayuki) in both directions, and made him collapse. :(
sanderzApr 18, 2014 5:46 PM
Newbie :P
Apr 18, 2014 8:28 PM

Apr 2014
sarkh said:
ruinfx said:

Just finished this series including the OVA...

Yup the TV series feels like the anime is incomplete, after I had watched the OVA, the time rewinds a little bit forward, undoing the mistakes which Takayuki and Mitsuki have made. And so, happy ending. I like the OVA though, really like it. And I vote for Haruka more than Mitsuki (because I liked that Takayuki has spent his life care for Haruka and hope she will wake up until their parents deny him from visiting). Although Mitsuki helped Takayuki for the past 2 years (first 1 year Takayuki was doing nothing at the moment).

Anyway from my opinion, both Haruka and Mitsuki were just like a strong magnet pulling a metal (Takayuki) in both directions, and made him collapse. :(

Well I also watched the OVA much better ending and the ending the original was suppose to have. Keep in mind Haruka wasn't a magnet like you said, it wasn't her choice she had that accident, it could of been prevented more then likely had Mitsuki knowing the guy was on a date and was already late let him be on his way. Mitsuki is just an annoying little slut bag who was too obsessed.

Out of all the anime i've watched Mitsuki is in my top 10 villain list fosho.

But yeah the OVA was how the anime shoulda ended 1200%
I'm done chasing my dreams because I know I'll only wake up to reality. That reality will soon become my dreams.
Apr 29, 2014 11:21 PM
May 2013
for me I choose Mitsuki to be with Takayuki, it's my opinion. because we all know from the start that Takayuki likes her, she just push him to haruka remember in episode 1 in the hill he taught that maybe Mitsuki is interested in him then when Haruka confessed to him he taught of Haruka and Mitsuki's face we all know that Takayuki just want to give it a try with Haruka but in the real ending he chose Mitsuki because she's the one he really loved and she's the home of his heart I watched this anime when I was 6 or 7(too young cause I am an Otaku) but I understand it clearly until now I was a teenager. I still ship Mitsuki and Takayuki. I am a fan of Mitsuki by the way. :) please don't call Mitsuki a bitch and selfish because we all know that she's not. if she's a bitch and selfish at first would she risk her feelings for Takayuki just for her bestfriend do you call her selfish that she gave up everything even swimming just to make Takayuki's life better is that a bitch and selfish? so pleaseee. accept the truth that Takayuki and Mitsuki are meant to be together.
May 3, 2014 9:58 AM
May 2013
I was a Mitsuki fan up til she slept with takayuki's best friend. It pissed me off to the point where i viewed this anime as NTR. that's why now I'm a haruka fan
May 3, 2014 10:01 AM

Dec 2012
Still Mitsuki.
Nov 21, 2014 11:42 AM

Jul 2014
Ari
He gasped, but then smirked, but still with an innocent air.
-Oh my, did I forgot to say that I have played this game before? And that I'm very good at it?
With a button he made his character kick Hydra's bike, making it lose balance and slow down. Ari snickered, then he accelerated.
Dec 10, 2014 3:31 AM

Jul 2012
itainteazy said:
no way man mitsuki is evil!!
lol I agree but just a bit evil xD

Marathotaku said:
I was a Mitsuki fan up til she slept with takayuki's best friend. It pissed me off to the point where i viewed this anime as NTR. that's why now I'm a haruka fan
maybe me too, until Mitsuki slept with Takayuki for the first time.. I think Mitsuki is "an easy girl who want to conquer Takayuki's heart with her body", sorry no offense..
Good thing Haruka still "pure" :p

Dec 28, 2014 1:26 AM

Jan 2014
no wonder why School Days is one of those similarly anime recommendation to this... I bet somebody saw some of Sekai's qualities similar to Mitsuki...
but I'm glad no one gets killed here unlike School days...
oh btw...
i'll pick Haruka why?
Mitsuki obviously will cheat on her lover.. if her relationship isn't going according to what she's expecting it to be....

plus Mitsuki is a cheat...
DeadZeroSourceDec 28, 2014 1:45 AM
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Feb 19, 2015 1:39 AM
Jan 2012
cheating cow or loyal innocent girl.
Easy choice, the cheating cow has to die.
Mar 25, 2015 9:03 PM

Feb 2013
Mitsuki because Akane and Ayu aren't options. Not that Haruka is bad, she's just too innocent/shy/quiet/idealistic. Mitsuki was more realistic. Life isn't all sunshine and rainbows.
Mar 25, 2015 10:39 PM

Jun 2014
I prefer the innocent girl than the realistic girl who willing to have sex with random guy.

Sex isn't always the solution.
Sep 11, 2015 5:21 PM
Oct 2013
Mitsuki. She's the perfect waifu. Wish she didn't cut her hair though =/
Sep 12, 2015 2:19 PM

Apr 2007
gustave154 said:
Mitsuki. She's the perfect waifu. Wish she didn't cut her hair though =/

Not that she is the perfect waifu, but rather - she deserves this.
She did nothing wrong; her friend was out of the picture, anyone else wouldn't have denied its own feelings - why would she?
Sep 16, 2015 10:10 AM

Jan 2012
Mitsuki >>>>>>>>>>>>>Haruka

Jan 2, 2016 9:08 AM
Jul 2015
Xinil said:
I personally think that Mitsuki should not be held accountable as a "traitor". Three years Haruka was in coma. Three years is more than enough time to have your BF taken from you. I don't care who you are, or what age you are. Unless you're married, the significant other is up for grabs.
You are right! I mean realistically speaking Narumi has stayed by Haruka for more than a year! Annnndddd, Haruka's parents told him to stop visiting her! I mean come on, of course Mitsuki would take the chance to get it going with Narumi! She loves him! I completely agree with you!
Jan 2, 2016 9:14 AM
Jul 2015
[quote=Xinil]
I'm a Mitsuki fan all the way. Hotter, more realistic, and just all around cooler.<br />
I know right?! I would also be in love with a girl like Mitsuki if she stuck around me for more than a year, even if I was ignoring her and not loving her back just to focus on a girl who is in a coma and may never wake up again! Mitsuki is definitely hot! 😍 She is also devoted, (to a certain extent I mean with Shinji and everything!) She still was a bitch at the middle though with the "lets hurry and move in together and let me just take advantage of your fragile state to fulfill my desires", but she did it because she LOVED him! End of message!
Jan 5, 2016 11:49 AM

Sep 2013
Mitsuki is the best, haruka jus some weak girl want to be loved
Jun 16, 2016 6:55 AM
Jun 2016
Ok super late and I've never posted on a forum but i just pulled an all nighter watching this bs so i don't even care right now but im noticing everybody here is talking about how mitsuki slept with shinji. But was nobody mad when narumi was making out with haruka?? He was already cheating on mitsuki by the time mitsuki even considered cheating on him. They might as well have been broken up already, since he basically proclaimed haruka's importance over hers. (I'm not even going to explain further, but I'm going to add that you guys not forget that mitsuki was really fucking drunk at the time, and shinji was the one that was sober.)

Like haruka is not my favorite character (she's boring beyond compare), but that's not the issue. Yes, its probably traumatizing beyond imaginable to wake up finding out you've lost 3 years and your boyfriend to your bestfriend.

But 3 years is 3 years. I don't think it's wrong for mitsuki to have said haruka was not her best friend by then, because she hadn't talked to haruka since the accident, so its pretty much impossible for anybody to think of someone as a best friend like that.

ALSO mitsuki lost EVERYTHING for a man that didn't even appreciate her for the duration of the whole damn show. If that's not the most frustrating part, I don't know what the hell is. She was a star athlete that held the favor of all of her friends, and when she had to divvy up time to take care of narumi, because that motherfucker couldn't pull himself together for a year, she fell behind and was talked down by her coach. Personally, I don't know what I'd do if I lost the hobby/life-goal that I am most passionate about, and to me that was the saddest part of the whole damn show -- the fact that she lost the thing she was the most passionate about. As a result, she even lost all of her friends and ended up not applying to college just because she was so in love with narumi.

And what does narumi do??? he falls for the fucking vegetable. Just because she looks pretty and fragile. Like this is not to blame her, but narumi made horrible decisions, and even though haruka was pretty much out of the game as soon as a car hit her, it doesn't mean mitsuki didn't go through her fair share of shit for narumi.
Aug 15, 2016 12:45 PM

Jul 2015
Really, I like Haruka much better than Mitsuki, that backstabbing thieving cat! Even the little bitchy waitress Ayu is a much better person and more kind hearted than that selfish Mitsuki! I actually like Ayu the best too, she's a cute little hottie, and I would take Ayu over Mitsuki any day. I also hated it when Mitsuki called Haruka, "a sad little girl", really, that was her best friend! No, Mitsuki was after Takayuki from the start, and would have went after Takayuki even if Haruka wasn't in that accident, she never really did care for Haruka anyway. Haruka finally saw Mitsuki for who she truly was, though, a backstabbing, selfish, thieving cat who would steal her friend's lover at any cost.
PeppermintHeartsAug 15, 2016 12:53 PM
Oct 19, 2016 11:02 PM

Feb 2014
For me this is a bit bigger question than just 'who do I prefer'. While I haven't seen it brought up much (except in the negative form) to me the biggest issue is plain old loyalty.

You could argue that Haruka was first to Takayuki and therefore he should have been loyal to her, but then, he basically was until her accident. During that time it was obvious he really cared for Mitsuki and despite his best efforts to like Haruka for her sake in the end it was all just that: effort. Certainly he never wanted to break things off with her being hurt, and that I think is exactly why he sinks into such guilt when it happens. A part of him wanted something to happen...until it did, and haunted him for it.

But then, he also got what he--and Mitsuki--really wanted. Three years passed. At that point I'd say he had every right to move on to someone else, and certainly he spent more time being closer with Mitsuki than he ever was with Haruka--a point the show goes out of its way to make when Akane, ahem, interrupts them that one time. At that point, in my mind, it doesn't matter who I prefer or who Takayuki prefers. I have to root for Mitsuki. She deserves his loyalty and he has no right to give it to anyone else.

Is that a bit cold for Haruka? Yeah, and it sucks big time. Life isn't fair like that. But it would've been far better for everyone if Takayuki had simply drawn the line there instead of prolonging everything--even if it was for the sake of Haruka's mental health.

Unlike a lot of people here I don't really fault Mitsuki as much as Takayuki for that reason. Her response was wrong, but not unwarranted. For the same three years that Takayuki struggled to get his act together, Mitsuki was there with pretty much the loyalty of a saint, all for him to return none of it. She had to deal with some seriously unfulfilled emotional needs, so it's not surprising she'd eventually snap and look for it in the wrong places. People are more than their mistakes. That's why Mitsuki couldn't get over Takayuki in the first place, after all.

It's painfully realistic, really.
Jul 14, 2020 12:19 PM
Feb 2020
i usually not go with haruka ofc with some reason and context,but in this case,haruka.
if ppl say that a "realistic" character have to be a traitor/backstabber who stole ur lover behind u when u are in coma then i can not see any "good" story and character in this medium anime and manga like really?? specially when mitsuki is going too far for being a "unrealistic" character with what she did(which is make sense maybe because this is like what? shonen harem romance? so yeah make sense she will be as stupid as this for the mc),i know it sound stupid and too much but if u hear ppl call mitsuki SLUT or TRAITOR,it make sense why they call her that.tho i dont say its completely true,but thats not completely wrong either.
well this is a very bad writing drama anyway so im not really surprised about that,i mean u guys give 8,9,10 for drama with character like mitsuki and the mc? lmao.

so yeah,in conclusion this story and its 1 dimensional character are very UNREALISTIC.
Jul 15, 2020 2:19 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
It's a hard toss for me.

After finishing the tv series, I was a little more learning towards Haruka mostly because of how unstable the relationship between the other two were.

However, after watching the ~Next Season~ OVA series, I feel like Haruka's route absolutely doesn't give Mitsuki any sort of closure and that doesn't sit right with me.

In conclusion, I suppose I'd go with either way really.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 5, 2020 3:03 AM
Sep 2020
Xinil said:
I can't even begin to discuss some heated debates I've had with some people regarding these two. What's your opinion and who do you like better?

I'm a Mitsuki fan all the way. Hotter, more realistic, and just all around cooler.

This thread may contain series spoilers, read at your own risk.
والله انك وسخ عاجبتك بس عشانها ساخنه يااا حثثثثثاله وكل الي يحبونهاا حثالة المجتمع🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢
Nov 17, 2021 12:38 AM

Aug 2014
if we go by physical appearance and personality, then the three chicks who were attractive were: Mistuki pre-timeskip, Mitsuki post-timeskip, and Akane post-timeskip. Mitsuki and Akane (post-timeskip) were the two main characters woman who were physically attractive and had attractive personalities.

Haruka was never physically attractive nor personality attractive, however, Haruka did have a great rack as it was shown on episode 2 when she and Takayuki were doing it in her room.

In anime, Woman like Haruka, with innocent personalities and sometimes shy, are always meant to lose, like Ryou from Clannad, Kotonoha in School Days, etc. Meaning, woman like Haruka in anime are always involved in a love triangle/harem, but they always lose in the end to the woman with the better personality, thus, we the audience always seem to favor woman with personalities like Mitsuki, Sekai, etc., since they feel more real and lively.

Also, notice how the anime gave tons of nude scenes to Mitsuki, along with dressing very revealing. While Haruka only got that scene on episode 2. Notice how the two scenes when Takayuki and Haruka were both gonna do it, they were either interrupted by Akane on episode 2 or Takayuki stopped after seeing Haruka's scar in the hospital bed. Its because the writers did not want us to see Haruka as a woman.

Even the very first scene on episode 1 was a bootea scene of Mitsuki pulling out a wedgie. The anime made sure to let us know that Mitsuki is the "best girl" by making Mitsuki the most sexxually desirable.

Yes, Takayuki did like Mitsuki in the first episode and not Haruka. However, Takayuki decided to give the relationship with Haruka a chance and he ended up falling in love with Haruka as we see in episode 2. There was even a mention on episode 2 that Mitsuki might have gotten a boyfriend, and Takayuki didnt even care that Mitsuki had gotten one, meaning that Takayuki no longer had feelings for Mitsuki and only cared for Haruka.

But three years without seeing the person you romantically love or hearing their voice is a LONG TIME. Anyone would have moved on, especially Takayuki since he only dated Haruka for like a month or two.

In the end, it made more sense that Takayuki ended with Mitsuki and not with Haruka. AND I LOVE Haruka's explanation in the final episode of why she wanted to break things off with Takayuki: "I fell in love with the Takayuki from three years ago, and not this current Takayuki". I love that scene. Its like seeing a middle school or high school crush or ex years into the future, only to realize that this person standing in front of you is not the one you fell in love with.

And its amazing just how much a woman's affection has on a man, in how as it was shown on episode 5, Takayuki got out of his depression only after Mitsuki kissed him and gave him her bootea.

Now, on to the morals, with cheating and betrayal:

1- Haruka saw Takayuki first and liked him first. She then told Mitsuki (who didnt even know who Takayuki was), to help her and him get together, and Mitsuki agreed. Mitsuki then, after getting to know Takayuki, also developed feelings for him. Here is the thing: Mitsuki and Haruka were close friends. Everyone knows that you dont date or do anything with the person whom your friend or family member had a crush or used to date. THAT IS A HORRIBLE MOVE what Mitsuki did in dating Takayuki or doing anything with him, when her friend/family member was involved with him.

2- Mitsuki had sexx with Shinji and cheated, but lets not forget that Takayuki was making out with Haruka when she was in the hospital bed and almost had sexx with her right then. So they are both at fault.

But if I had to re-write this forum question, it would be: What the heck did any of the girls see in Takayuki, that they are just so weak and always thinking of him? Goodness
oooo3333Nov 17, 2021 7:56 PM
Jan 16, 2022 1:44 AM
Aug 2019
if you watched this as a teen I think you will empathize with Haruka more because she was betrayed and her accident wasn't her fault but if you watched this as an adult you realize Mitsuki deserves the love from Takayuki. The girl has been with him in his lowest points. Haruka may have been with Takayuki during their highs but the guy has so much guilt and depression and Mitsuki has been with him lifting him up.

I guess the ideal love we long for is Haruka's but the real love is Mitsuki.
Attack on Titan Chapter 139 is a slap to the face.
Jan 16, 2022 1:44 AM
Aug 2019
if you watched this as a teen I think you will empathize with Haruka more because she was betrayed and her accident wasn't her fault but if you watched this as an adult you realize Mitsuki deserves the love from Takayuki. The girl has been with him in his lowest points. Haruka may have been with Takayuki during their highs but the guy has so much guilt and depression and Mitsuki has been with him lifting him up.

Attack on Titan Chapter 139 is a slap to the face.
Aug 18, 2022 6:54 AM

Jul 2022
Sep 30, 2022 3:41 AM

Jan 2018
Haruka, so sad that the sluttier girl won in the end
Oct 28, 2022 10:14 AM
Jul 2020
Xinil said:
I can't even begin to discuss some heated debates I've had with some people regarding these two. What's your opinion and who do you like better?

This thread may contain series spoilers, read at your own risk.
how does this end tho
Oct 28, 2022 10:18 AM
Jul 2020
oooo3333 said:
if we go by physical appearance and personality, then the three chicks who were attractive were: Mistuki pre-timeskip, Mitsuki post-timeskip, and Akane post-timeskip. Mitsuki and Akane (post-timeskip) were the two main characters woman who were physically attractive and had attractive personalities.

Haruka was never physically attractive nor personality attractive, however, Haruka did have a great rack as it was shown on episode 2 when she and Takayuki were doing it in her room.

In anime, Woman like Haruka, with innocent personalities and sometimes shy, are always meant to lose, like Ryou from Clannad, Kotonoha in School Days, etc. Meaning, woman like Haruka in anime are always involved in a love triangle/harem, but they always lose in the end to the woman with the better personality, thus, we the audience always seem to favor woman with personalities like Mitsuki, Sekai, etc., since they feel more real and lively.

Also, notice how the anime gave tons of nude scenes to Mitsuki, along with dressing very revealing. While Haruka only got that scene on episode 2. Notice how the two scenes when Takayuki and Haruka were both gonna do it, they were either interrupted by Akane on episode 2 or Takayuki stopped after seeing Haruka's scar in the hospital bed. Its because the writers did not want us to see Haruka as a woman.

Even the very first scene on episode 1 was a bootea scene of Mitsuki pulling out a wedgie. The anime made sure to let us know that Mitsuki is the "best girl" by making Mitsuki the most sexxually desirable.

Yes, Takayuki did like Mitsuki in the first episode and not Haruka. However, Takayuki decided to give the relationship with Haruka a chance and he ended up falling in love with Haruka as we see in episode 2. There was even a mention on episode 2 that Mitsuki might have gotten a boyfriend, and Takayuki didnt even care that Mitsuki had gotten one, meaning that Takayuki no longer had feelings for Mitsuki and only cared for Haruka.

But three years without seeing the person you romantically love or hearing their voice is a LONG TIME. Anyone would have moved on, especially Takayuki since he only dated Haruka for like a month or two.

In the end, it made more sense that Takayuki ended with Mitsuki and not with Haruka. AND I LOVE Haruka's explanation in the final episode of why she wanted to break things off with Takayuki: "I fell in love with the Takayuki from three years ago, and not this current Takayuki". I love that scene. Its like seeing a middle school or high school crush or ex years into the future, only to realize that this person standing in front of you is not the one you fell in love with.

And its amazing just how much a woman's affection has on a man, in how as it was shown on episode 5, Takayuki got out of his depression only after Mitsuki kissed him and gave him her bootea.

Now, on to the morals, with cheating and betrayal:

1- Haruka saw Takayuki first and liked him first. She then told Mitsuki (who didnt even know who Takayuki was), to help her and him get together, and Mitsuki agreed. Mitsuki then, after getting to know Takayuki, also developed feelings for him. Here is the thing: Mitsuki and Haruka were close friends. Everyone knows that you dont date or do anything with the person whom your friend or family member had a crush or used to date. THAT IS A HORRIBLE MOVE what Mitsuki did in dating Takayuki or doing anything with him, when her friend/family member was involved with him.

2- Mitsuki had sexx with Shinji and cheated, but lets not forget that Takayuki was making out with Haruka when she was in the hospital bed and almost had sexx with her right then. So they are both at fault.

But if I had to re-write this forum question, it would be: What the heck did any of the girls see in Takayuki, that they are just so weak and always thinking of him? Goodness
so wait best girl cheated and slept with a guy nah I’m not gonna watch anymore thanks
Oct 28, 2022 10:20 AM
Jul 2020
anime_lorraine said:
for me I choose Mitsuki to be with Takayuki, it's my opinion. because we all know from the start that Takayuki likes her, she just push him to haruka remember in episode 1 in the hill he taught that maybe Mitsuki is interested in him then when Haruka confessed to him he taught of Haruka and Mitsuki's face we all know that Takayuki just want to give it a try with Haruka but in the real ending he chose Mitsuki because she's the one he really loved and she's the home of his heart I watched this anime when I was 6 or 7(too young cause I am an Otaku) but I understand it clearly until now I was a teenager. I still ship Mitsuki and Takayuki. I am a fan of Mitsuki by the way. :) please don't call Mitsuki a bitch and selfish because we all know that she's not. if she's a bitch and selfish at first would she risk her feelings for Takayuki just for her bestfriend do you call her selfish that she gave up everything even swimming just to make Takayuki's life better is that a bitch and selfish? so pleaseee. accept the truth that Takayuki and Mitsuki are meant to be together.
someone said mitsuki cheated and slept with shinji is this true??
Oct 28, 2022 10:22 AM
Jul 2020
Boobsftw said:
Haruka, so sad that the sluttier girl won in the end
what do you mean sluttier??
Oct 28, 2022 10:22 AM
Jul 2020
Marathotaku said:
oh I see thanks I won’t watch this shit anymore
Oct 28, 2022 1:45 PM

Aug 2014
AnOnYmOuS__101 said:
anime_lorraine said:

Yes, Mitsuki slept with Shinji around episode 10-13, one of those 4 episodes. But watch the anime, its only 14 episodes
Oct 28, 2022 1:47 PM
Jul 2020
oooo3333 said:
AnOnYmOuS__101 said:

Yes, Mitsuki slept with Shinji around episode 10-13, one of those 4 episodes. But watch the anime, its only 14 episodes
why what was her reasoning and well I hate cheating like this so I don’t think I’d be able to
Oct 28, 2022 1:57 PM

Aug 2014
AnOnYmOuS__101 said:
oooo3333 said:

why what was her reasoning and well I hate cheating like this so I don’t think I’d be able to

the male MC was spending too much time with Haruka, and then Mitsuki was just having a mental breakdown and was drunk as well after being in a bar with Shinji, and all that stress ate her up. Mitsuki called Shinji on the phone because she needed someone to talk to. They went to a bar to talk, and so on.
Oct 28, 2022 1:58 PM
Jul 2020
oooo3333 said:
AnOnYmOuS__101 said:

the male MC was spending too much time with Haruka, and then Mitsuki was just having a mental breakdown and was drunk as well after being in a bar with Shinji, and all that stress ate her up. Mitsuki called Shinji on the phone because she needed someone to talk to. They went to a bar to talk, and so on.
oh I see that’s when the mc ran into them in the amv vid I saw but did mc know they slept together
Oct 28, 2022 2:01 PM
Jul 2020
AnOnYmOuS__101 said:
oooo3333 said:

oh I see that’s when the mc ran into them in the amv vid I saw but did mc know they slept together
https://youtu.be/Dz87_l9TVro was where I was referring to where I saw the clip
Nov 11, 2022 3:59 AM
Apr 2019
ChocoPhantasms said:

Couldn't agree more, this exactly.

Also the alternative ending OVA sucks big time in terms of storytelling anyway.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Di27 - Apr 17, 2008

181 by StewedBeefHaunch »»
May 10, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Di27 - Apr 17, 2008

52 by metalrain_15 »»
Feb 23, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Episode 3 Discussion

Di27 - Apr 16, 2008

47 by metalrain_15 »»
Feb 22, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Di27 - Apr 17, 2008

55 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 8, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Di27 - Apr 17, 2008

54 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 7, 10:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.