Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Persona 4
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 24, 2011 8:55 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Velvet room again!

Summer time.

Field trip!! Guys are the first time going there.

This ep. has Kuma's "persona!" lol~

lol @ the main guy's magic in front of the girl to let the girl happier.

lol @ the cooking. Even the main guy's dark expression is emotionless!!

A guy, who is the childhood friend of "deliquent".

People who were on TV are the possibilities of getting caught?

The two are uncomfortable sleeping with "gay-ish" guy. And girls are sleeping with heavy girl. lol~ and for some reason the girls are with the guys. (different sleeping bag) lol~ "deliquent" with that heavy girl, who is not into him!!

Wow, swimming suits from Junes are ok... Girls kicking guys for adoring them...
tsubasaloverNov 24, 2011 10:03 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 24, 2011 9:20 AM

May 2010
This episode is the best episode out of all 8 of them so far due to Narukami's expresionless face only, when he got pushed out into the river. Kanji's facial expressions were also +++

Nanako....Her cuteness level is reaching the cuteness level slowly that she has in the game... "EVERYDAY YOUNG LIFE JUNESU!"...

Love the nice touch of HanakoxKanji they did there, roflmfao. Wasn't too crazy about the yuuxyukiko/yosukexchie moment though. I digress, somehow, Hanako looks even less attractive in the Animation, didn't know it was possible, I can only imagine the event during the Cultural Festival, lmao.

Was slightly disappointed about Mystery Food X tho, maybe it was because I watched it RAW but, the whole actual "getting ready to eat their food" part was too sudden.. Just randomly seeing Yosuke "die" was a bit out there. Also wished Narukami knew before hand that it would be terrible and answer to Yosuke "You can have mind, too!"..

Arcana this episode:
Hangedman - Which I'm guessing will be Orthrus? But of course, He will most likely fuse Emperor/strength or Emperor/"other arcana he has unlocked" to defeat the one after Rise's shadow..

I must say, Naoki looked really good, IMO..

It finally begins though...The long awaited Rise arc I waited for, next episode. I cannot contain my excitement for the trueself battle...From the preview, it seems like Rise's arc will take 2-3episodes. Also hoping that her shadow stays as it was in the game and it's not rushed due to it's length/importance.. I also want the full on disturbing effect that is - Shadow Rise and her "squishy sounds" / "dance" moves, :X lol. Narukami better getting his video tapes ready and his video-camera.

Moar Aika. - I feel like she's the female version of Yuu in this show but with less emotion, if that's possible...

...Now somehow, this will be the longest wait for the next episode, for me...Since life is a "peach"...

tsubasalover said:
and for some reason the girls are with the guys. (different sleeping bag)

They couldn't sleep with the "heavy girl" snoring and Kanji being passed out there, so they went to the guys tent to sleep instead. :P
Nov 24, 2011 9:29 AM

Jul 2011
Liking this as a slice of life/comedy, but on the other aspects it's pretty predictable and sporadic. There's not enough information on the Persona system in the anime to really get a grasp on what it's about.

4/5
mdzNov 25, 2011 11:50 PM
Nov 24, 2011 9:56 AM

Nov 2007
RealScreamer said:

tsubasalover said:
and for some reason the girls are with the guys. (different sleeping bag)

They couldn't sleep with the "heavy girl" snoring and Kanji being passed out there, so they went to the guys tent to sleep instead. :P

Yes, I know. I try my best NOT to spoil it.

RealScreamer said:
This episode is the best episode out of all 8 of them so far due to Narukami's expresionless face only, when he got pushed out into the river.

Agreed!
tsubasaloverNov 24, 2011 10:08 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 24, 2011 9:59 AM

Apr 2010
These episodes... so goood... Funny from beginning to end.

4/5
Aria_WrightNov 24, 2011 12:32 PM
Nov 24, 2011 12:45 PM

Jun 2011
I'm agreeing with the above posters here. This was by far the best episode of the series to date. I love the camping trip in the game, and it was done very well in the anime. They even managed to sneak the Hanged Man arcana S.Link in there with Naoki's debut. The Mystery Food X bit was hilarious (shouldn't the guys have helped with the girls' shopping to help them with the ingredients? Oh right, Yosuke had bikinis on the brain. :3). I also liked Aika's appearance at salvaging dinner (really? She cooks her diner's food EVERYWHERE?), Kanji of course in his usual confused self (and subsequently getting his butt kicked by Chie), King Moron acting like, well, King Moron, but the funniest moment belonged to the attempted pairing of Kanji X Hanako (and later rejection). Poor Kanji! Oh well, he's too good for her anyway. Cheer up, Kanji! You've still got 2 girls waiting in the wings to work with! 5/5! Heck, 10/10!

Next week is Rise's debut! My favorite character! Next week can't come soon enough! I'm gonna have a tough time restraining myself from kissing my monitor, lol. :D
NecrosaroNov 24, 2011 3:43 PM
Nov 24, 2011 1:40 PM

Jun 2009
lol good episode
and I like how narukami has expressionless face:
Kanji: "Senpai I thought you eccepted me?"
Narukami: "not at night"

lol I liked episode 7 better though
Nov 24, 2011 2:51 PM

May 2010
Anyone else laughed at Teddie's transitions of saying "Persona" really quickly? lmao.

Looks like Rie is giving Rise the "Aisaka Taiga" voice, can't remember if in the game, her "calm" tired voice was like that..But I don't mind it, sounds good. Also, interesting to see Rise with a different look in the preview

Just noticed that Yosuke and Kanji are made to be a bit more humorous in this than the game, seems like those two are always being picked on.

Now that I've watched the subbed, I can now confirm that this is infact the best episode. Art quality was actually great for what they're working with, the pacing was decent, tons of awesome humor and when it got serious, it was actually done well. And it's now confirmed that the culprit strikes when a person is on TV. So basically, you appear on TV, get thrown into tv and then be on the midnight channel..It's like Inception all over again.

I must take back my comment about Yuu's facial expression during the river scene making this the best episode, it was that AND Kanji thinking Yuu's swimming trunks were "so hip" Lmao

tsubasalover said:
Yes, I know. I try my best NOT to spoil it.

Ahh, I see that now, lol.

Necrosaro said:
Poor Kanji! Oh well, he's too good for her anyway. Cheer up, Kanji! You've still got 2 girls waitings in the wings to work with! 5/5! Heck, 10/10!

Best part about that is Kanji doesn't have to choose one, it's a three-way pairing, lol.
Nov 24, 2011 3:45 PM

Feb 2008
I'm really want to see Rise arc!!
Yeah and it was fun to see Aika-chan too :)

I'm so love Chie & Yukiko blush over there, that was moe.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 24, 2011 4:23 PM

Oct 2010
Another funny ass episode. I think last week was funnier. Lets hope it stays entertaining. Now i want to play the game.

Anybody that played the game is it funnier then the anime?
Nov 24, 2011 4:24 PM

May 2008
Aww yeah the class trip >u> Knew it. Still got a ways to go in. They gotta do Rise's story and do the whole Teddy level as well.

Speaking of Teddy..I wonder how they'll animate..THAT scene..when he 'comes out', if people get what I mean. And the Kings game..and just..gaaah everything >3<

Nov 24, 2011 4:33 PM
Jan 2011
This episode is so great! Especially the Protagonist's expressionless face too! Kuma's "PERSONA!" transitions made the episode like a everyday comedic packed episode too! XD
Random. Yeah. Wait you expected me to HAVE a signature or something?
Nov 24, 2011 4:55 PM

Jun 2011
the ending was extremely funny

Nov 24, 2011 5:03 PM

Sep 2008
Bwahaha, another extremely entertaining episode.
The 2 girls looked lovely in their bikinis too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2011 5:29 PM

May 2009
I love how Yosuke has become such a lame character in this. From "leader" to "banana", now that's a major improvement.
The episode was funny but as always the pacing was odd.
Nov 24, 2011 5:55 PM

May 2009
HILARIOUS!!!
Nov 24, 2011 6:05 PM

Nov 2008
Why is Commie the only decent sub group doing this show and why are they always so slow?

bonifide said:

From what I've seen so far of the anime, yes.
Nov 24, 2011 7:07 PM

Jan 2009
bonifide said:

I think the anime does a better job at being funny. The game have many funny moments of which the anime is basing itself on, but the overall aura of the game is much more serious. I have to be very careful saying that though, it's not about anime/game being better/worse than the other. It's a different focus. The game have MUCH more time, and it uses it to build a dark aura, a felling of mystery and murder that takes itself quite seriously, giving it a "feel" in anime terms closer to Darker than Black or Fate/Zero.

The anime is doing a GREAT job of portraying all major events/places in the game with so many details, but it doesn't have time to build anything in between them. So they shifted the "feel" from bizarre murders mystery to comedy that doesn't take itself to seriously to GREAT effect.

That was disappointing for a lot of people, but I like it. Fate/Zero and Guilty Crown are doing a superb job of being the "serious stuff" this season. With it's HUGE plot P4 would have to cut/rush way more to establish the slow mystery pace of the game.
Nov 24, 2011 7:32 PM

Jun 2011
Ok. Teddie's sudden and random "PERSONA!" made me burst out laughing. I didn't see that coming.
And heck yeah, mystery food X made it's debut. This pleases me.
Nov 24, 2011 7:48 PM

Jul 2009
'Grats to MC for joining in with that homophobic jerk Yucksuke to bully poor Kanji, he's vewy vewy delicate ya'no? At least they made the scene more comedic than it was in the game so that lessens the jerkness of Yucksuke, d00d's till an @$$ though... Not as much as K***ma Tedd*** so maybe that's a +... If they ever make P5, I'd rather deal with another Junpei than either Yucksuke or Tedd***...

Nice Hanako appearance... She's not for you Kanji, her heart & body already belonged to somebody else *wink*wink*

Next week is....

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Nov 24, 2011 8:29 PM

Jan 2009
Kenji hahaha

Nov 24, 2011 8:53 PM
Jul 2018
Not gonna lie, f*cking hilarious episode. Poor Kanji being the comical relief.
And I'm yet to see a non yaoi anime with a gay character without issues (nt sure if Kanji is bi or nt)
but yeah this anime is very well done. Narukami keeping the same expression and yet developing personality, 10/10
Nov 24, 2011 9:11 PM

Jun 2010
bonifide said:
Another funny ass episode. I think last week was funnier. Lets hope it stays entertaining. Now i want to play the game.

Honestly, you could say it's up to you. Some of the troll things Narukami says are actually choices you can make in the game XD I'd say this anime is killer funny. The game established P4's charm and humor, and the anime just builds on it XD
Nov 24, 2011 9:21 PM

Jan 2009
Also, Giantbomb recorded ALL THEIR PLAYTHROUGH. It's 154 videos ranging from 11 minutes to 1h each covering the entire game. If you don't own a PS2 or don't wanna but persona 4, but still want more persona you can't watch those, or at least the first ones to get a feel for the game/relate to the anime. I would also recommend everyone to youtube "Persona 4 hiimdaisy comic dub", very funny, but expect spoilers.
Nov 25, 2011 4:22 AM

Dec 2007
Yuu's swimsuit. It's so hip. *_*
Nov 25, 2011 4:50 AM

Sep 2007
Very clever of them to squeeze in Naoki's SLink even though there was really nothing of that sort in the game.

Aw yeah... every time I watch an ep my urge to replay P4 shoots up like a rocket. The anime is that faithful yet that entertaining that you want more.

It looks like Rise's arc starts next ep. I bet a lot of people will be excited for that.
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Nov 25, 2011 5:18 AM

Aug 2009
Ikano said:
It looks like Rise's arc starts next ep. I bet a lot of people will be excited for that.

yup
Nov 25, 2011 8:09 AM

Jan 2008
LOL, this episode was awesome. Kanji just keeps getting picked on. Lmao.

Can't wait for Rise... and is that Kugimiya Rie...? It is. :D
Nov 25, 2011 9:07 AM

Nov 2008
THIS EPISODE

WAS

THE BEST EPISODE

Nov 25, 2011 9:29 AM

Apr 2011
Man, I agree that the game is much better than this anime, but so far it's not that bad. I hope, that action will be faster in next episodes.
Doesn't it look like the Protagonist will be with Yuki? I had a bit of that impression. But maybe I'm wrong...
Can't wait for the next episode because of Rise.
Nov 25, 2011 11:11 AM

Dec 2010
Really looking forward to Rise's arc!

I found Hanako's scene at the end to be very funny. It isn't something that can be incorporated into the game, so I'm glad that the anime is taking liberties.

Anyhow, also enjoyed the YukikoxYu scene.
Nov 25, 2011 11:34 AM
Jul 2018
These past few episodes have been hilarious. haha
Nov 25, 2011 11:48 AM

Jun 2009
Very enjoyable character building episode, and funny as well again. Did like, Yukiko being one of reasons too. ^^ Also, i love Yuu's poker face, it killed me when he still had it on after being pushed into water.
New girl next episode eh? I hope she'll be bearable.
OrochiPLNov 25, 2011 12:02 PM
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Nov 25, 2011 12:48 PM

Mar 2008
Epicness again! Kanji x Hanako, OMG i laughed so hard ^^ So this time, the girls ordered new food to make up for the mystery food x? That's killing the point where they can't sleep, since they're supposed to be starving to death^^

Hanako's fake confession was just hilarious ;)

And next episode is Rise-chan's arc! Risette <3
Nov 25, 2011 2:24 PM

Jun 2009
behold yourself all fanboys!

RISE NEXT! \^^/
Nov 25, 2011 2:29 PM

Jul 2008
This show is hilarious!
Nov 25, 2011 3:20 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode,camping rocks!

Kanji being rejected at the end by Hanako was the best of all episode i really couldnt stop laughing for a while poor Kanji.

The deadly Curry was funny also,the girls on swimsuit was nice and MC poker face when was thrown was amazing.

Anyway funny episode and the next episode.....RISE BANZAI! BANZAI! BANZAI!

btw Nanako is soooo cute.
Nov 25, 2011 3:33 PM

Jul 2011
This episode = win. It made me realize what the true meaning of LOL is.

Nov 25, 2011 3:36 PM

Jun 2009
myusername said:

They must do that epic scene!
Nov 25, 2011 3:40 PM

Aug 2008
Really great episode, hilarious. When I started to watch the series (I haven't played the games... *yet*) I thought the main guy was super annoying with his expressionlessness but now I see better it's pretty good source of humour.
Nov 25, 2011 6:31 PM

Apr 2011
Well, I like it... I guess??

The director didn't really played the "wild factor". This ep could be (way) better. If only they could be more open minded.

Oh well, as expected from someone who did Angel B*east!
Nov 25, 2011 6:39 PM

Jun 2008
I love how Narukami has the stoic exterior, but always has the witty one-liners.
I laughed at his emotionless face, when he was kicked into the river.
Nov 25, 2011 7:21 PM

Jan 2011
bonifide said:

I would say so since theres so many things you can't do in the game like all the expressions /MC talking and all his combacks but the game had it's moments!,on to the episode i couldn't stop laughing at all the things happening to kanji and this proves to me that the anime can have it's funny moments and i can wait to see the other events *Kings Game* anyone?.
Nov 26, 2011 12:07 AM

May 2010
I never forgot about this part, it so funny lol !!
Nov 26, 2011 6:49 AM

May 2010
Hilarious episode. To be honest I find episodes like these to be more entertaining that main storyline.

Hanamura's kinda annoying at the start of the series but later he became a pretty funny guy. Was laughing the whole episode.

Also,

The master of not-giving-a-f*ck!! LMAO
Nov 26, 2011 7:04 AM
Jul 2010
SergioSource said:
(nt sure if Kanji is bi or nt)

He's not gay or bi, just afraid of being rejected.
Nov 26, 2011 7:08 AM

Nov 2008
RLLink said:

That's all up to the player's interpretation in the game.
Nov 26, 2011 7:32 AM
Jul 2018
I'm enjoying these kinds of episodes more than the fight scene focused ones;better than last weeks.
Nov 26, 2011 7:43 AM
Jul 2010
FlashFumo said:
RLLink said:

That's all up to the player's interpretation in the game.

Not really. But whatever you say.
Nov 26, 2011 9:03 AM
Sep 2011
I see, so this anime is aiming to be a comedy. Not exactly happy about this since I don't find the humour in ths show that funny so far and I hope they will return to the mystery aspects soon.

Is it just me or does Yosuke get more and more annoying with each episode?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 5, 2012

105 by zodismegalame »»
Jan 27, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Feb 9, 2012

72 by NN010 »»
Nov 18, 2023 6:49 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2012

112 by NN010 »»
Nov 11, 2023 6:51 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

120 by Delphantasist »»
Nov 3, 2023 9:05 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Dr_Funkadelic - Mar 30, 2012

186 by DarkCanuck »»
Sep 22, 2023 8:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.