Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Persona 4
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 4, 2011 8:28 AM

Jan 2009
Just noticed the "Stereotypes, too many hypes" thingy

i lol'ed hard.
Nov 4, 2011 9:48 AM

Jul 2009
glitchhunter said:
Eh, I'm just not getting into this anime. I haven't played the game, maybe that's why. I think I'll drop it. I'll probably play the game later though, since it's cheap as chips. Do you guys think the game is worth it? I'm not a gamer but I like some roleplaying games occasionally (Tales of series and Dark Cloud). I don't like complicated battling systems though...

Define complicated. For the most part, the most complicated P4 gets is 'remember to use buffs/debuffs and remember to go for enemies' weaknesses'.
I think that asking if a game is worth it in thread that's mostly filled with fans is going to get you a very one sided answer xP I'd say try it if you like RPGs, but keep in mind that half of it is also a social simulator.
If any of my posts seem odd, it's probably because I'm tired. Sorry. I have sleeping issues.
Nov 4, 2011 9:59 AM

Jan 2008
I had to pause and laugh for awhile when I heard the Catherine game over theme as MC's ringtone for Ebihara.
Nov 4, 2011 11:11 AM

Apr 2011
Oh, I love Yuu's ringtone too <3
This episode has a lot of funny moments. And their photo...! xD I can't stop laughing!
The next ep will be great! 'Cause Kanji will be in it. 83
Nov 4, 2011 11:40 AM

Feb 2008
Yeah I did also like that Catherine gane theme in Yuu cellphone.
The arts is horrible but it does fit well with game based anime.

Yeah the game is more social type, you study going to school.
Get Social Link and so on.
The game is fun.

But I do like this episode, like the part with Ai & Yuu , now they social rank level up, I never thought we will see a side story.
I can't wait to see Kanji Arc and hope I can laugh the same as I did on the game lol.

The cheerful Chie & Evil Yukiko .
My favorite girls.
:D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 4, 2011 11:41 AM

Jan 2008
Went "OMG! WOOOO! CATHERINE!" when his phone range. Awesomesauce.
Nov 4, 2011 11:45 AM

Jun 2009
Okay, this was the worst episode yet, boring a lot and the best thing was pretty much the bitchslapping part. Which is kinda sad... I guess i looks forward to next episode though, preview suggests it's gonna be good again.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Nov 4, 2011 11:50 AM

Jan 2008
OrochiPL said:
Okay, this was the worst episode yet, boring a lot and the best thing was pretty much the bitchslapping part. Which is kinda sad... I guess i looks forward to next episode though, preview suggests it's gonna be good again.

Out of curiosity, have you ever played the game? I'm expecting there to be more similar episodes. Doing this builds up his Arcana, and thus more better Persona.
Nov 4, 2011 12:47 PM

Feb 2010
Uhm this was ok , they did kou and ai story well and in one episode , i didnt felt them too rushed.

Next episode might be good.
VanisherNov 4, 2011 8:01 PM
Nov 4, 2011 1:15 PM

Jun 2009
Paul said:
OrochiPL said:

Out of curiosity, have you ever played the game? I'm expecting there to be more similar episodes. Doing this builds up his Arcana, and thus more better Persona.

Yeah, I haven't played P4, but going by P3 this was to be expected and, frankly, I'm glad they decided to include the social links.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 4, 2011 1:50 PM

Feb 2008
I play the game but I can't see how this episode could be so bad, it was actually fun to watch.
Love Chie & Ai slapping fight.

I can't wait to for the next episode :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 4, 2011 1:59 PM

Mar 2008
Oh wow, what an incredible turn of events in this episode! Ai already there, immediate *fake* girlfriend, Moon social link apparently already completed in barely a week (LOL)

The bitchslap part was epic^^ I'm not really far with Ai Sl in the game, so i'm wondering if i've been spoiled or not^^;
Nov 4, 2011 3:16 PM
Dec 2007
ShortTermCrook said:
Now that we get episode with bit less clothing, the poor usage of the orange persona gradient style became apparent. In the game im pretty sure the whole body was gradiented, which prevented characters looking like they have some bad rash.

Would rather see the concept dropped if it's going to look like this.
No, it looked exactly like that, you just never saw the whole body (in 2D I mean) for the most part unless you went into the Status menu. Frankly play the game again. Youll notice they actually look "worst" because it looks like half their face has a bad tan or rash.

Nov 4, 2011 3:50 PM

Jun 2009
insan3soldiern said:
Paul said:
OrochiPL said:

Yeah, I haven't played P4, but going by P3 this was to be expected and, frankly, I'm glad they decided to include the social links.
I haven't either, well it's not that i mind building up social links/w/e. This girl was just so uninteresting that i couldn't care less about her, some better characters plox and i'm perfectly fine with some more school comedy/whatever episodes.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Nov 4, 2011 3:55 PM

Jan 2010
I aggree with the guy who said this episode was all over the place. It felt really off...
Rushing 2 social links in one episode definitely didn't work for me. Most people who aren't familiar with the game are probably gonna wonder "who are these guys and why should I care about them?". Kou was pretty badly developed and let's not even talk about Daisuke.

They're also not giving much attention to Dojima and Nanako which are some of the most important characters of the game. It feels like they are prioritizing the wrong things. I know it is necessary for Narukami to establish some social links, but all in all this felt like an useless episode. Since they don't have many episodes to adapt everything then they should at least give more focus to the things that are actually crucial to the plot.
Nov 4, 2011 4:40 PM

Sep 2007
If they plan to cover all the SLinks, I'm SO glad they got Ai's out of the way early cuz I HATED doing her SLink the most as well.
(WHAT?! you want me to skip school to go shopping with you?! But...but...but...I want to work on slinks at lunch! D= )

Was happy to see Yu get two Arcana in the ending this time too cuz I was afraid that they would stop showing his progress with that (cuz he didn't get Amagi's arcana last week for some reason...and I can't remember if it was like that in the game as well...)

Yosuke trying to get Chie and Yu together has renewed my hope they'll do that maid-cafe sequence ;) ...even though the two aren't really related but ahaha

But oh man....Kanji arc next, that'll be interesting....(I'm guessing it's gonna be a damn multi-episoder....Noooooo....)
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Nov 4, 2011 5:08 PM

Jan 2009
haha nice ep

Nov 4, 2011 5:42 PM

May 2010
Skeeturz said:
Highlights of the episode had to be Yu's Catherine ringtone and this.

Rise's dungeon song would have been extremely appropriate for Kou there, lmao.

MaipleLeaf said:
When Dojima punched Adachi.

I lol'd so hard..I'm guessing for future episodes Adachi will be slapped around by Dojima for a while.

Riga92 said:
Fixed that for you. I'm a little disappointed that Kou didn't flat out say he loved balls, but its all good, because this episode was great.

Yes. I am aswell. They took out all the focus on his balls and put it on his love for Chie..
Nov 4, 2011 5:42 PM

Dec 2010
Ikano said:
If they plan to cover all the SLinks, I'm SO glad they got Ai's out of the way early cuz I HATED doing her SLink the most as well.
(WHAT?! you want me to skip school to go shopping with you?! But...but...but...I want to work on slinks at lunch! D= )

Was happy to see Yu get two Arcana in the ending this time too cuz I was afraid that they would stop showing his progress with that (cuz he didn't get Amagi's arcana last week for some reason...and I can't remember if it was like that in the game as well...)

Yosuke trying to get Chie and Yu together has renewed my hope they'll do that maid-cafe sequence ;) ...even though the two aren't really related but ahaha

But oh man....Kanji arc next, that'll be interesting....(I'm guessing it's gonna be a damn multi-episoder....Noooooo....)

Yukiko's SL starts a bit after she recovers in the game. I assume it is no different here.
Anyhow, really liked the episode. Kou's SL will likely be revisited again in the following episodes.
Nov 4, 2011 6:04 PM

Dec 2007
He MAXed 2 S.links in 10 day, now thats skillz
but yeah it felt kinda rushed,
would have been better if they took their time with kou's story.

I just hope they wont blow the other S.links.
CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!!
Nov 4, 2011 7:38 PM
Dec 2007
TrainerOfLegend said:
Ikano said:

Yukiko's SL starts a bit after she recovers in the game. I assume it is no different here.
Anyhow, really liked the episode. Kou's SL will likely be revisited again in the following episodes.
I've said it a few times, Yuiko's S.Link officially starts during the Kanji arc, more specifically...

Nov 4, 2011 9:09 PM

Jan 2011
OrochiPL said:
insan3soldiern said:
Paul said:
OrochiPL said:

I haven't either, well it's not that i mind building up social links/w/e. This girl was just so uninteresting that i couldn't care less about her, some better characters plox and i'm perfectly fine with some more school comedy/whatever episodes.

I got to agree that Ai's social link isn't that much interesting, Chie's the same matter, Yukiko social link is the best between the girls IMO.
Nov 4, 2011 10:45 PM

Jan 2011
daniellkun said:
OrochiPL said:
insan3soldiern said:
Paul said:
OrochiPL said:

I got to agree that Ai's social link isn't that much interesting, Chie's the same matter, Yukiko social link is the best between the girls IMO.

Nope!

Also, anyone else notice Kanae Itou did the voice for Ai? She's not listed in on the page for P4 but I'm 100% sure it was her.
VinterNov 5, 2011 12:20 AM
> The Fellow MAL Users Social Link has reached level 6!
> Your power to create Forum Posts of the Anime Arcana has grown!
Nov 5, 2011 12:10 AM

Feb 2010
Vinter said:
daniellkun said:
OrochiPL said:
insan3soldiern said:
Paul said:
OrochiPL said:

Nope!

Nov 5, 2011 12:25 AM

Jan 2011
Vanisher said:
Vinter said:
daniellkun said:
OrochiPL said:
insan3soldiern said:
Paul said:
OrochiPL said:

Nope!

Is it really a spoiler though? Obvious thing is obvious.
I figured it out the moment I saw
in the game. It wasn't very subtle.
Nov 5, 2011 12:56 AM

Aug 2009
cat fight in the middle of a game lol.
Nov 5, 2011 2:42 AM
Feb 2008
Kou was so cute! I loved him in the game and I'm glad he appeared in the anime ^^
Nov 5, 2011 3:19 AM
Dec 2007
Vinter said:

Even obvious things are considered spoilers. >.> And regardless, unless you are talking about the US version, the Janapese version chose a more appropiate voice. One that can actually fake it better.

Nov 5, 2011 3:26 AM
Jun 2011
I didn't like Emi she looked to much like Saki, I keep getting confused. They could have made her design different. Her logic is not comprehensible to me.

The bitchslapping with Chie and Yukiko were too funny. I don't remember I lol'd like that while watching anime.

Pretty good episode, it felt like a filler though.
Nov 5, 2011 3:52 AM

Jan 2011
Leon-Gun said:
Vinter said:

Even obvious things are considered spoilers. >.> And regardless, unless you are talking about the US version, the Janapese version chose a more appropiate voice. One that can actually fake it better.

Saw, not heard.
Nov 5, 2011 4:35 AM

Oct 2011
it was a good episode xD I'm glad for the appearances of Kou, Daisuke and Ai. Looking forward for the other social links :3
Nov 5, 2011 4:56 AM
Dec 2007
Vinter said:
Leon-Gun said:
Vinter said:

Saw, not heard.
The first thing I "saw" was that Shirogane looked very much like Persona 3's Main character, down the hair color. Maybe that's why some people brush it off without giving it much thought at first glance. still, a spoiler is a spoiler I guess.

Nov 5, 2011 8:09 AM

Jan 2011
Leon-Gun said:
Vinter said:
Leon-Gun said:
Vinter said:

Saw, not heard.
The first thing I "saw" was that Shirogane looked very much like Persona 3's Main character, down the hair color. Maybe that's why some people brush it off without giving it much thought at first glance. still, a spoiler is a spoiler I guess.

It was the same for me.
Nov 5, 2011 8:17 AM

Oct 2011
Such an interesting episode! It was a nice break from the persona action. However as I said in my previous analysis of the trailer, I hope that all social link episodes don't follow this route, instead mixing in with the main plot a bit more. Something which I enjoyed in Full metal panic season one was its ability to mix humour, action, and tension (as opposed to Fumoffu or TSR which did mainly one or the other).

The Ai Vs Chie moment was trés unexpected! Didn't think two girls fighting like that would go so unnoticed by everyone / shrugged off by the MC and Yosuke. Still it was nice how they wove the two social links into one episodes without missing much out (e.g. the scene where AI was in the gym equipment instead of explicitly asking the MC to go ask Kou then and there).

While it was not my favourite episode, I've considered that it could have been a lot worse, and therefore deserves a much higher score for adapting the social links well to an anime given that in the game they were drawn out and systematic. Must admit that I hope to see Kou and Ai in other scenes later on and hope they are not forgotten (although their characters will have to be given MUCH less screen time).

Overall a 4/5 for a humorous episode which did the job better than the game.
Nov 5, 2011 10:58 AM
Jul 2018
Neko-Inglor said:
Divinenega said:
Anyone else notice that ringtone on Yu's phone was from the Catherine soundtrack? Worked great with the scene.

And also check what Ebii wears around her neck. Did you recognized ?

I looooved that part! I wasn't expecting it either, great episode for a filler :3
Nov 5, 2011 12:03 PM

Dec 2008
i lol'd so hard when i heard that ringtone
Nov 5, 2011 1:29 PM

Mar 2011
Was just an alright episode; didn't seem like it was all that necessary.
Nov 5, 2011 2:07 PM
Sep 2008
Glad to finally see an episode where Yu is allowed to be more than just an observer, loved how he got more and more terrified of Ai as the episode went on.

I know a lot of people are saying that the episode felt rushed, but I thought the subplots for Ai and Basketball Dude (forgot his name) worked well when blended together. But then again, I've never played Persona 4 (or any of the Persona games for that matter) so maybe they missed some plot point that was crucial in the game.

Still, excited that the story is getting back on track next episode. I just hope in the future they continue to just devote one or two episodes at a time to what I presume are the sidequests in the game. Nothing against them, but not everything that worked in a video game will work in a TV show.
Nov 5, 2011 2:41 PM
Dec 2007
Relenus said:
Glad to finally see an episode where Yu is allowed to be more than just an observer, loved how he got more and more terrified of Ai as the episode went on.

I know a lot of people are saying that the episode felt rushed, but I thought the subplots for Ai and Basketball Dude (forgot his name) worked well when blended together. But then again, I've never played Persona 4 (or any of the Persona games for that matter) so maybe they missed some plot point that was crucial in the game.

Still, excited that the story is getting back on track next episode. I just hope in the future they continue to just devote one or two episodes at a time to what I presume are the sidequests in the game. Nothing against them, but not everything that worked in a video game will work in a TV show.
They're not sidequests,I'd consider them sub-plots more than side-quests.

Strength Link ended up missing the most important detail of his story (related to his "family" in fact) but Moon was done perfectly (except for the fact they went the fake lovers route but that can't be helped). I personally had no issues with the jumps as they seemed seemless and besides the school-life nothing else is happening in the story at this moment. Heck, they managed to go ahead and put in some Nanako, Dojima and the up to now very ignored Adachi which means we shall soon see some of the Justice subplot soon, probably after the next case.

Nov 5, 2011 2:45 PM

Jun 2011
I was laughing the whole time with this episode. So funny. I've only played p4 till yukiko, so I think i'm going to start over again with it :p

Episode was definitely a 5 for me :p
Nov 5, 2011 8:57 PM
Nov 2009
Cell phone ring was the best part of this episode. Anyone who plays Catherine knows why :)
Nov 6, 2011 1:08 AM

Jul 2009
Leon-Gun said:
Relenus said:

They're not sidequests,I'd consider them sub-plots more than side-quests.

Strength Link ended up missing the most important detail of his story (related to his "family" in fact) but Moon was done perfectly (except for the fact they went the fake lovers route but that can't be helped). I personally had no issues with the jumps as they seemed seemless and besides the school-life nothing else is happening in the story at this moment. Heck, they managed to go ahead and put in some Nanako, Dojima and the up to now very ignored Adachi which means we shall soon see some of the Justice subplot soon, probably after the next case.

Sub-plots must ALWAYS connect and relate to the main story.

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Nov 6, 2011 1:24 AM

Jun 2011
They really speed up the moon link...
Nov 6, 2011 2:56 AM

May 2010
This is quite enjoyable
Nov 6, 2011 3:26 AM

May 2008
Good episode again can't wait for next episode loving this series!
Nov 6, 2011 5:51 AM

Apr 2011
So the Moon and probably the Strength Arcana was done all at once with the speed of a single anime episode that is 20-ish minutes? I am disappoint. >_>
Nov 6, 2011 1:34 PM

Jun 2010
100th post is mine!

BitchMaster said:
Sub-plots must ALWAYS connect and relate to the main story.

They do. By Arcana-gaining. It's less obvious in the anime but still, it's there.

Don't know what that "Catherine" is, but the ringtone was indeed appropriate.

I was delighted by how Yousuke tried to ship Chie and Yuu, since I ship it too and the misunderstandings were pretty funny.

All in all I liked that episode. A nice breather from the Persona dungeoning and it felt like watching an addition to the game - seems like even the people that played the game are not going to be too bored with the anime.

Too bad the SLinks are so rushed though. No can do, I guess, the number of episodes is limited... I hope Ai and Kou will be appearing in the future episodes too, even if only briefly. Well, Kou's SLink is actually far from being finished yet... And they still have to use the "I love'em balls" line... which they probably don't plan to use unfortunately.

I'm quite interested in this AO Aika girl.
Nov 6, 2011 9:05 PM

Jun 2009
I need to play Catherine =.=

On the other hand, I really liked this episode lol
Nov 6, 2011 11:54 PM

May 2010
I thought that I will find it boring but I was wrong.

It was really a fun enjoyable episode. Cat fight made me lol. XD
Nov 7, 2011 8:25 AM

Jun 2011
This episode was originally going to get a 'meh' from me after the first half but the Catherine shout-out via ringtone and the bitch-slapfest between Chie and Ai pushed it into 'awesome' territory. I was kind of disappointed about Kou not 'loving them balls' but they made up for it with Kou getting semi-nude about halfway through. I imagine there was much squeeing from the Kou fangirls. I am also fairly intrigued by this new 'Aika' character. I thought the S.Link episode was done fairly well, considering they've only got 25/26 episodes to work with.

Episode felt a bit too oddly paced, but the humor made up for it. So I'll go with 4.5/5 here.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 5, 2012

105 by zodismegalame »»
Jan 27, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Feb 9, 2012

72 by NN010 »»
Nov 18, 2023 6:49 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2012

112 by NN010 »»
Nov 11, 2023 6:51 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

120 by Delphantasist »»
Nov 3, 2023 9:05 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Dr_Funkadelic - Mar 30, 2012

186 by DarkCanuck »»
Sep 22, 2023 8:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.