Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Persona 4
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 3, 2011 9:54 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Priest girl is still weak, but is fine.

About basketball and love problem. The girl with no self confidence is voiced by Itou Kanae and the one she loves, the basketball team leader voiced by Daisuke Ono, loves short hair girl.

The main guy getting into her rhythm just to calm her broken heart. Short hair is angry at her for making main guy skip classes.

lol @ the" love fight" of these two girls while the game that he was supposed to quit.

Back to main story next ep.? Wait, is the next target = main guy's cousin??
tsubasaloverNov 3, 2011 11:30 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 3, 2011 10:07 AM

May 2010
This episode = "OH YEAH! CAT FIGHT!" lmfao...Ai vs Chie: slapping the crap out of eachother, continuously....My question is, why didn't Chie use her Kung-fu and kick Ai's ass? lol.

Anyways:
I loved Nanako hiding behind Yuu.
I loved Kou getting nekkid.
I loved Ai's cheerful-ness in this episode and her death stare to Chie.
I loved Yuu's ringtone for Ai's calls, LOL...epic.

I really liked this episode, had me laughing with Ai/Yuu/Chie. So far my favorite episode even though a lot was changed and mixed...But now, we can cross out Ai from Narukami's harem...

Next Episode: The Kanji arc - Can't fucking wait.
Nov 3, 2011 10:15 AM

Apr 2010
I was actually afraid those kind of episodes would fall short, but I'm not disappointed!

4/5
Nov 3, 2011 12:47 PM
Dec 2010
Anyone else notice that ringtone on Yu's phone was from the Catherine soundtrack? Worked great with the scene.
Nov 3, 2011 1:21 PM

Feb 2008
I didn't expect that he would go with Ai this fast, well I also didn't expect it would be any side story but good and fun. :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 3, 2011 1:28 PM

Jan 2011
Divinenega said:
Anyone else notice that ringtone on Yu's phone was from the Catherine soundtrack? Worked great with the scene.

I did, I laughed hard, I mean, really, you know, really hard. I LOL'ED.
Nov 3, 2011 2:01 PM

Feb 2011
Damn, I LOVED this one.
Although I ship YosukexChie so it kinda hurt ;A;
I was slightly disappointed about there not being them balls D:
Still, surprisingly...Yu didn´t get laid.
But oh, I just can´t stop laughing xD
...Now onto Kanji´s bad bath house!
Nov 3, 2011 2:10 PM

Jul 2009
I r pleased with Ai development

She was at least more interesting than miss. Amaragidyne and miss. Steak combined... Too bad they didn't go for her lover route... But hey, that leaves room for other contestants, such as....

And nice to know that U... I mean, Narukami... is a fan of Katherine. Where can I get that "Love Is Over" ringtone?!! (゚Д゚)
BitchMasterNov 3, 2011 2:37 PM

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Nov 3, 2011 2:39 PM

May 2008
daniellkun said:
Divinenega said:

That just KILLED me. I was like "...REALLY?" And it's like the game over theme...which means extra dread for Souji.

You know it's crazy..I actually started degrading this episode out of confusion. I never bothered with Ai's social link at all because well..I just really don't like her. Didn't wanna bother having to 'fake date' her and shit when I just wanted to have a free social life and have FUN. So I was confused about the whole "I like Kou but Kou likes Chie" shit |D I mean, she could have liked Daisuke but they went to the Kou route so..weh...

But meh. Seeing Kou in the while episode was the highlight for me~

Nov 3, 2011 2:50 PM

Jul 2011
Actually watched the OP for the first time, been basically listening to it while browsing forums/etc since the pilot. It's actually pretty good, it matches the series really well.

Anyhow, up until now, the series has really been just strongly "above average", which would constitute as a six. I didn't play the game, so my opinion probably isn't very accurate in correlation to how "good" the anime actually is, but so far, it isn't exactly anything special. It's watchable, and it's somewhat enjoyable, but there really isn't anything that entices you to watch more.

This episode was basically a pseudo-filler, but I'm assuming it wasn't one. It actually was a nice change of pace from the usual "serious" tone the anime had, which in turn, made it somewhat more enjoyable than the previous episodes.

4/5
mdzNov 3, 2011 9:12 PM
Nov 3, 2011 2:50 PM

Jan 2011
BitchMaster said:
I r pleased with Ai development

She was at least more interesting than miss. Amaragidyne and miss. Steak combined... Too bad they didn't go for her lover route... But hey, that leaves room for other contestants, such as....

And nice to know that U... I mean, Narukami... is a fan of Katherine. Where can I get that "Love Is Over" ringtone?!! (゚Д゚)

I SO WANT THAT RINGTONE.
Nov 3, 2011 4:01 PM

Mar 2011
dam yu has the same ringtone as me
Treecko will save you money on your car insurance
Nov 3, 2011 4:06 PM

Feb 2010
Very entertaining episode, this was much more enjoyable than the S.Links themselves

Highlights of the episode had to be Yu's Catherine ringtone and this.

Can't wait for the Kanji arc, that and to see what persona they add in for the next segments.
Nov 3, 2011 4:09 PM

Nov 2008
Do I wait for Commie's subs like a good little boy or do I be an impatient bitch and get the raw?

;_;

k whatever I'll just skim the raw and watch it all the way through once satisfactory subtitles are obtainable.

Done. I thought this episode was only okay. It had a few funny bits but it was all a bit mediocre.

Kanji arc starts next week. Finally.
KeirikNov 3, 2011 4:59 PM
Nov 3, 2011 5:45 PM

Oct 2009
Nice Episode
I wonder which Persona he gets for their arcana
Since it went through the entirety of the moon Slink can he use the ultimate persona.
I wanna know.
Anime, Food and Sleep Who needs anything more!
Nov 3, 2011 5:58 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was mad boring. but the bitch fight was funny
Nov 3, 2011 7:18 PM

Jun 2011
What is this, like NOTHING happened :<
Advance plot, I command you
Nov 3, 2011 7:19 PM

Sep 2008
Darn it, I liked the Ebihara x Narukami couple.
Hanamura was totally cool this episode; still can't get enough of his voice.

This episode was just as great, if not greater than the episodes with Personas.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2011 7:42 PM

Sep 2007
Wow. They just completely blew through two S Links in one episode. I wonder how they'll end up stretching the actual plot in the future.
Nov 3, 2011 7:48 PM

Jan 2009
Divinenega said:

And also check what Ebii wears around her neck. Did you recognized ?
Nov 3, 2011 7:58 PM
Apr 2011
I thought she'd be a slut, but she's alright.
Nov 3, 2011 8:10 PM

Nov 2007
Jesus this was rushed as hell, 2 Slinks in 1 episodes? Calm the fuck down AIC...but Kanae Itou as Ai makes me give it a +1 (And made me like Ai a bit more) so overall 4/5 for this episode.
Nov 3, 2011 8:11 PM

Jan 2011
Aika made her debut in this episode, wonder what is her role in the story,,

anyway, yay for Itou Kanae!!

[-_-]
Nov 3, 2011 8:13 PM

Jun 2011
Social Link go!
And oh? Kanji arc next? That'll be fun.
Nov 3, 2011 8:13 PM

May 2009
Dang! 2 S. Links. GONE! Idk. Maybe he'll hang out with them still.

LOVED the whole Yu being afraid of Ai thing.

in the ED. TWO cards floated towards him. very epic!
Nov 3, 2011 8:27 PM

Jan 2009
The episode was alright, was going to give it a 3 or 4. Than I heard that ringtone. 5 it is.

Now let's all get exited about bad BAD bathhouse.
Nov 3, 2011 8:34 PM

May 2008
Faker_ said:
Now let's all get exited about bad BAD bathhouse.

LOL XD

Nice episode but it feels a bit jumpy...

I'm just wondering why Chie didn't really actually goes kung fu with Ai but instead go to a traditional catfight... XD

Nov 3, 2011 8:37 PM

Aug 2011
The episode was ok i guess. I loved the Catherine ringtone and the timing of it. LOVE IS OVER lmao
Nov 3, 2011 8:38 PM

Aug 2009
Whaaaat? Already over with Kou? But his S.Link was my favourite! Don't tell me we're not seeing him again =[

LOL kissing booth scene and Yosuke 'helping Chie'. And what was up with the exchanging of slaps with the Ebihara bitch..

This episode was OK. Too devoid of action. Can't wait for Kanji episode.
Nov 3, 2011 8:51 PM

Jun 2010
Now this was a pretty funny episode. While they cut out a lot of content from both the Moon and Strength S. Links, I like the original bits they added such as Chie becoming a temporary manager and stuff. Narukami is still keeping his deadpan responses strong, and boy were they effective this episode heh.

So it seems the Moon S. Link has been maxed since Ai moved on from Yuu and gave him a memento. There's still some events to be explored in the Strength S. Link, but Brotag sure made progress this episode.

Yukiko is back from recovering, and next episode starts Kanji's arc it seems...this should be good heh.

And my fried tofu....my fried tofu....MY FRIED TOFU!!!
Nov 3, 2011 8:54 PM

Mar 2009
I laughed pretty hard when I heard that ringtone from Catherine's soundtrack. It was so very, very fitting. Poor Yu. Also, when I played the game I never did the basketball social link. I went with soccer for the sole reason of not having to attend practice on rainy days. So all of the basketball stuff with Kou is new to me.

Anyway, this episode was pretty damned funny and it made my night. It seems the rumors of a drastic drop in quality after episode 3 were thankfully untrue.
Nov 3, 2011 10:48 PM

Jun 2009
daniellkun said:
Divinenega said:

LOVE IS OVER BGM!!!!
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Nov 3, 2011 10:58 PM

Nov 2007
kind of disappointing how they made kou look like a shallow and pathetic character who only cares about basketball; there's so much more to him than that. i thought they'd thoroughly expand a bit on the s.link stories, but i guess not....

humor's excellent as always though! LMAO i replayed that one scene where dojima punched adachi's head way too many times for my own good.
Nov 3, 2011 11:02 PM

Jan 2011
that's two social links down kinda glad they did these ones since i'm sure i'm not the only person that didn't bother to do these ones on my first playthrough since they didn't strike my interest,also Ai's va totally sounded like Sena or Ohana to me haha.

and Dat ringtone kinda surprised how many Catherine fans they are here but in a way it's to be expected if you're watching this!.
Nov 3, 2011 11:40 PM

Oct 2011
Would it kill them to add a personality in the main character? He's a rock.
Nov 4, 2011 12:12 AM

Jun 2011
No action for this episode but at least it was enjoyable.

I want the ringtone! O_O
"Kindness can bring you even bigger troubles." - Akemi Homura[/right]
Nov 4, 2011 12:29 AM

Jun 2009
I actually enjoyed this episode the most of the ones so far, sue me.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 4, 2011 12:31 AM

Nov 2008
When Dojima punched Adachi.
MaipleLeafNov 4, 2011 12:35 AM
Nov 4, 2011 1:10 AM

Feb 2008
Neko-Inglor said:
Divinenega said:

And also check what Ebii wears around her neck. Did you recognized ?
I thought that was out of place, but it's been a while since I played so I choked it up to memory. That's a pretty good mythology gag they did there.

As for this episode... Well I liked it up to the point that Ai slapped Chie... and then... I loved it.
Nov 4, 2011 1:27 AM

Oct 2008
I'm really glad to hear some new tracks made by Meguro.
And the episode was as nice as the previous one. 4,5/5
Nov 4, 2011 1:38 AM

Aug 2010
insan3soldiern said:

This. I love basketball and this episode had plenty of it.
Nov 4, 2011 1:40 AM
Mar 2009
Lulz, at Yuu seemingly expecting something from Ai. Whoa, shit got awkward fast, Yosuke wasn't exactly helping the situation either.

Zomg, Catherine ringtone!! And it was Love is Over too! Ahahahaha, that was a pretty good and fitting gag.

Judging from what happened, I guess this was one of the game's sidequests or something like that? It was pretty good.
Nov 4, 2011 1:54 AM

Apr 2009
ChronosXIII said:

Zomg, Catherine ringtone!! And it was Love is Over too! Ahahahaha, that was a pretty good and fitting gag.

I was totally laughing my ass off for a couple of minutes when I heard that. Totally fitted the MC's situation too. I love these little easter eggs they're throwing in for us to notice.
"Eat till you explode,
Play till you drop,
Whatever reason it is, just live live live!"
Nov 4, 2011 2:04 AM

Jun 2010
Sky-senpai said:
insan3soldiern said:

This. I love BALLS and this episode had plenty of it.

Fixed that for you. I'm a little disappointed that Kou didn't flat out say he loved balls, but its all good, because this episode was great.
Nov 4, 2011 2:49 AM

Jul 2009
I always felt bad for Ai in the game. It's funny, because when she was introduced, I thought I'd dislike her, but she ended up being one of the characters I could relate most with. I liked the anime's presentation of her.

I really enjoyed this episode, especially after the cluster of Persona gaining episodes (every time I've played the game, I always leave Yukiko as long as possible, so her being rescued straight away with no break was too much seriousness at once for me xP). If they keep up the pace like this, they probably will be able to cover all the social links.
If any of my posts seem odd, it's probably because I'm tired. Sorry. I have sleeping issues.
Nov 4, 2011 3:03 AM
Feb 2010
Ah, so that´s why I recognized the ringtone.
Nov 4, 2011 4:07 AM

Jul 2011
nice episode , BTW who is this aika girl the one from the restaurant ? i don't recall her in the game
Nov 4, 2011 4:49 AM

Jun 2010
azzyzx said:
nice episode , BTW who is this aika girl the one from the restaurant ? i don't recall her in the game

She's an anime original that is probably going to replace one of the S. Links from the game. I'm thinking either the Fox (Hermit) S. Link, or Margaret (Empress) S. Link is what Aika is going to fill in, since both mentioned play more like side quests than actual S. Link bonding.
Nov 4, 2011 5:55 AM

Nov 2010
Now that we get episode with bit less clothing, the poor usage of the orange persona gradient style became apparent. In the game im pretty sure the whole body was gradiented, which prevented characters looking like they have some bad rash.

Would rather see the concept dropped if it's going to look like this.
Nov 4, 2011 8:01 AM

Mar 2009
Eh, I'm just not getting into this anime. I haven't played the game, maybe that's why. I think I'll drop it. I'll probably play the game later though, since it's cheap as chips. Do you guys think the game is worth it? I'm not a gamer but I like some roleplaying games occasionally (Tales of series and Dark Cloud). I don't like complicated battling systems though...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 5, 2012

105 by zodismegalame »»
Jan 27, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Feb 9, 2012

72 by NN010 »»
Nov 18, 2023 6:49 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2012

112 by NN010 »»
Nov 11, 2023 6:51 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

120 by Delphantasist »»
Nov 3, 2023 9:05 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Dr_Funkadelic - Mar 30, 2012

186 by DarkCanuck »»
Sep 22, 2023 8:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.