Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 31, 2008 7:24 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, everyone's happy now. Well, besides Charles and wife, and maybe Holland.
Oct 22, 2008 1:16 PM

Nov 2007
I'm so happy they didn't kill Charles and Ray.
And disabling them instead of killing was just <3.
Nov 17, 2008 4:02 PM

Jun 2008
I'm confused on Charles/Ray. They seem...weird...I still like them evil as they might be...
Nov 29, 2008 11:40 AM

Oct 2007
i'm glad eureka finally called out holland for all the abuse he gives renton.
Jan 22, 2009 9:25 AM

Sep 2008
msw said:
I'm confused on Charles/Ray. They seem...weird...I still like them evil as they might be...

Haha, I know! They have this appealing likability, while at the same time they appear to be the enemy to the Gekko State.

rabbitpoets said:
i'm glad eureka finally called out Holland for all the abuse he gives renton.

Oh me too! Holland was such a jerk to Renton. I guess because he was having these mixed emotions for Eureka, but still that's no excuse. His relationship with Eureka and Renton will be interesting going forward.

Feb 3, 2009 12:01 PM

Aug 2008
Good episode. Renton looks a lot mature than before. At least he is not whining anymore.
Jun 12, 2009 12:49 PM

Sep 2008
Yeah as others have said this episode was made of awesome; Eureka denouncing Holland's beating up Renton for no reason, Renton and Eureka piloting the Nirvash and disabling machines rather than destroying completely, and Charles and Ray. Are they evil now? The ending was weird. I wish I could tell entirely what they're thinking...
Jun 16, 2009 3:40 AM

Jan 2009
Awesome end to an awesome arc! First Eureka was sick, then Renton dissapeared. Finally, the two are reunited and everything returns to normal. Well, almost. ;)

Jun 16, 2009 9:52 AM
Feb 2009
Yeah! Though haven't watched the whole series yet, this episode is definitely the best!! By the way, is Eureka gonna look like this forever? It's not that it annoys me but, she looks way better before...
Jul 1, 2009 7:31 PM

Apr 2009
I guess I'm in the minority in that I didn't like this episode much. Or how they randomly decide to play the ending songs during the episodes, which I just noticed. XD
Jul 15, 2009 11:06 AM

Mar 2008
It was a nice episode, though Holland was as annoying as ever, but I hope he will change since he 'knows what he has to do now'
Aug 8, 2009 12:58 AM

May 2008
Bad. Ass.
Aug 18, 2009 8:09 PM

Aug 2008
Man, everytime Storywriter kicks on during an episode... I get so pumped up. Awesome episode, I'm so damn addicted to this show.
Sep 1, 2009 7:36 PM

Apr 2009
Mindcrime said:
Man, everytime Storywriter kicks on during an episode... I get so pumped up. Awesome episode, I'm so damn addicted to this show.

Seriously! And in this episode, it played during what I thought was the definitive Crowning Moment of Awesome AND Heartwarming of the series.

I was just re watching right, and my eyes are all misty again. It's just such a catharsis after a really emotionally difficult extended story arc.

Holland, you bastard.
Sep 5, 2009 4:22 PM

Jun 2009
This episode was awesome!

We got confirmation that LFO's are living beings, Renton and Eureka got back together, and we got to see Eureka do a cut-back Drop-turn in person!

Among other award winning moments.
Apr 7, 2010 3:40 PM

Jan 2010
Definitely my favorite episode E7 so far.

Starting to like Eureka and Renton more, although I still loathe Holland. I admit, I was tearing up during Storywriter/Himitsu Kichi. Yes, they're finally together!
Apr 27, 2010 12:27 PM

Apr 2010
This episode was so awesome i like that renton and eureka's now together
May 9, 2010 11:28 PM

Aug 2009
Epic!!!! I been waiting for a episode like this ^_^

Jun 2, 2010 12:31 PM

Nov 2009
Holland screaming at Renton again. I can't stand it AGAIN!!!
Sep 9, 2010 1:33 PM

Jan 2010
PERFECT!!!!!!!!!
So tense and romantic and... *sigh*
;_;
Nov 30, 2010 8:43 AM

May 2009
Well, Holland just can't get over his tough-guy facade can he?

And did anyone else notice that Eureka's been showing a lot more emotion in the past few episodes? Heck, at the end of this one, she even blushed!

Hutchy said:
Or how they randomly decide to play the ending songs during the episodes, which I just noticed. XD

This isn't random. This happened in episode 13, and now happens in episode 26. See a pattern?

vucubcaquix said:
Seriously! And in this episode, it played during what I thought was the definitive Crowning Moment of Awesome AND Heartwarming of the series.

Yay fellow TV Troper!
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Dec 5, 2010 1:01 AM

Mar 2009
That episode was amazing. 5/5.
Renton's comeback was so awesome on how he saved Eureka. They both looked so happy.
Plus Holland's back to yelling at everyone. *rolls eyes* -_-

Jan 21, 2011 9:10 PM
Dec 2010
Good Lord...Loved every second of it. This episode alone (well, the last 4 actually) have been enough to bump my score of this show up to a 9. I started at a solid 8, but then every depressing moment the crew spent in that stupid mine, plus sick Eureka AND(!) Holland being an unapologetic douchebag knocked it down to a 7.

But man, am I glad to be loving this show again. :D
"I... don't need anything else...if you don't need anything else."
Aug 22, 2011 6:38 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This episode was a big homage to Macross. The scene were Renton picks Eureka out of the sky is almost identical to the Hikaru/Minmay rescue scene. And the whole "don't kill your opponents, jsut disable their mecha" is right from there too.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 21, 2011 4:49 PM

Aug 2010
Finally they meet up again
Nov 3, 2011 2:22 PM
Jul 2018
I know everyone has loved to villainize Holland in these episode threads, but I honestly think he is the most interesting character thus far. His biggest problem is being honest with himself, which is where a lot of the misplaced rage is coming from. I'll be eager to see how things turn out for him in the second half, as (from what I've picked up so far) he's had a relationship with Renton's sister, been mentored by his father, and been best buddies with Charles. And who knows where that Dewey character fits in.
Jan 24, 2012 6:52 AM
May 2009
The reunion scene is one of my favourites, too. It's one of those moment when you go "HELL YEAH!!". ;) yeah, it was similar to the scene where Hikaru rescues Minmay, though here it has much bigger impact as the characters were separated and wanted to meet each other for a while. BTW, I remember that when I was watching this episode for the first time, when Eureka got out of Gekko and Renton was flying towards it, I was like "NOOO THEY'LL MISS EACH OTHER", so the "HELL YEAH" feeling later was even bigger :D also, friggin' "Storywriter"!
And so, Renton, instead of accepting the fact he has to kill others to survive, tries to survive without killing. It's naive - just like Charles said, mercy in battle will end with a death, but... It's another thing that makes me go "hell yeah", kinda ;)
Holland can't be honest with himself and tbh it's a bit weird for a 28 years old guy to be like that, but maybe this is related to how he was always treated in the military and before (if I remember right from the later episodes... oops, I gave a spoiler). Well, it makes him interesting.
The Renton/Eureka talk at the end <3 Renton's "sentimental journey" has filled its purpose :)
Feb 10, 2012 10:10 AM
Jan 2012
awesome.
Mar 2, 2012 11:53 PM

Mar 2011
Now that was an awesome episode.
Apr 7, 2012 2:50 AM

Apr 2009
Oh god, what an episode. So many moments gave me chills, and Holland getting told even more than usual this time was a nice bonus, but I just keep getting more intereste in learning what's going on with him. It's mostly clear, but I can't wait to learn the details.

This was pretty much perfect for mid-series climax and a great starting point for the second half. Just the right amount of things were resolved and just the right amount of unresolved ones remain. 5/5
Apr 25, 2012 12:45 AM

Jan 2011
Time to bump this one up to a nine...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 1, 2012 7:19 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
So finally, we reached another stage in character development. I must admit it was painfully slow to go past the first 16 episodes. The pace only started to pick up around episode 20.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 30, 2012 8:00 PM

Apr 2011
Great episode, glad that it all turned out like that. Really pieced together well.
Jun 20, 2012 12:12 AM
Mar 2011
Brilliant episode all around. Im really enjoying how some episodes reference rock songs and such as well as the music... the music used as ive said before is top notch!
Jul 28, 2012 1:37 PM

Mar 2012
I loved how Eureka was hugging Renton and declaring her love and he was just cool like "yeah bitch, that's cool..." as opposed to his very childish self at the start of the season.

Good ep.
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Nov 21, 2012 2:55 PM

Sep 2010
I liked the part where Renton reached out for Eureka and they started to talk about their feelings while apart.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Nov 21, 2012 7:22 PM

Nov 2011
*sniff, sniff*

Ahhh, Renton and Eureka.

Holland still pisses me off though.
Nov 24, 2012 9:07 PM

Jul 2012
wakka9ca said:
So finally, we reached another stage in character development. I must admit it was painfully slow to go past the first 16 episodes. The pace only started to pick up around episode 20.

Ya the pace was really slow. Ray and Charles still love them even though their trying to make us hate the characters....typical
Feb 10, 2013 12:35 PM
Oct 2012
Amon-Raw said:
wakka9ca said:

Ya the pace was really slow. Ray and Charles still love them even though their trying to make us hate the characters....typical

Very true, but you are suppose to be ready for that before you watch an anime that is fairly long.

goblinlady said:
I'm so happy they didn't kill Charles and Ray.
And disabling them instead of killing was just <3.

Was happy too that it ended nicely like that.
Feb 17, 2013 1:12 PM
Mar 2012
Santechnikas said:
This episode was so awesome i like that renton and eureka's now together
I'm glad and predicting a new opening....
Feb 17, 2013 1:13 PM
Mar 2012
storm-12 said:
Holland screaming at Renton again. I can't stand it AGAIN!!!
seriously I wanna kill him.
Mar 6, 2013 9:55 PM

Jan 2013
Such a beautiful episode
5/5
Apr 10, 2013 1:13 PM
Apr 2012
Solr said:
I know everyone has loved to villainize Holland in these episode threads, but I honestly think he is the most interesting character thus far. His biggest problem is being honest with himself, which is where a lot of the misplaced rage is coming from. I'll be eager to see how things turn out for him in the second half, as (from what I've picked up so far) he's had a relationship with Renton's sister, been mentored by his father, and been best buddies with Charles. And who knows where that Dewey character fits in.

You can't dislike an interesting character? For most characters half an episode of flashbacks is enough but for Holland probably several are needed. Of course it is difficult for me to estimate as I don't know how much there is to tell. But he is the biggest character after Renton and Eureka and there is a lot of mistery surounding him so yes he is interesting. Still that's no reason to not dislike him or not be annoyed by his behaviour.

Personally I didn't like that seven swell-like effect the Nirvash created. It was just too convenient. A purple wave of particles magically appears and disables everything and everyone without killing and for its users not even the slightest bit of effort was needed. Kind of lame if you ask me :P
Morani90Apr 10, 2013 1:27 PM
Apr 20, 2013 5:07 AM

Jan 2013
god all the colors were amazing! it was very bright and visual and fluid. im glad renton is growing up. FINALLY eureka acted semi-cute, I ave to admit though it felt verrrry out of character for her. Ive never seen her act remotely close to that. regardless, this is as expected. I also dont know wtf holland's deal is, how old is he anyway?? seems like a pedo if you ask me bein into eureka and all. i wonder if this is gonna develop more into a no kill thing. the new "seven swell" was interesting, though it was all too convenient how it magically only disabled enemies but changing their arms and destroying their heads. welp, good ep for story development and animation but it was a little inconsistent.
May 15, 2013 11:55 AM

May 2012
I Loved it!
Episódio foi muito lindo... xD
Jul 14, 2013 4:21 PM

Mar 2012
After this episode, it's official, Eureka 7 is a spin-off of Gundam Seed

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jul 20, 2013 7:23 AM

Apr 2013
Awesome episode
Jul 23, 2013 3:43 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Venom900 said:
After this episode, it's official, Eureka 7 is a spin-off of Gundam Seed

I was thinking how Renton's disabling the mechs so they can't fight is similar to Kira's ways too.

Eureka was pretty badass riding the wave like that on a board. That timing of Renton returns just as Eureka leaves. I don't really buy into the romance either :/ I find it weird how much Eureka wanted to see Renton, how she yelled at Holland about not finding Renton vs. Gekko's safety just because she's so depressed without him. The development was probably there, I just don't see it.
Aug 2, 2013 5:22 PM

Jul 2012
best episode so far, but wtf I expected a kiss :<
Aug 31, 2013 10:00 AM

Apr 2009
had to... hold back... the tears D':
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 11, 2008

66 by chenfeng »»
Apr 6, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

death919 - May 4, 2008

283 by ShadowkillZ »»
Mar 22, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 31, 2008

89 by Awesomepants25 »»
Feb 6, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jul 23, 2008

48 by Teatime_X »»
Jan 15, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 38 Discussion

aero - Aug 1, 2008

33 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.