Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Persona 4
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 20, 2011 9:52 PM

Jan 2011
WheelerTheViper said:
Um, you guys know there this isnt actually a video game, right? So there are no levels...?

Im a little curious to weather Yu will use Pyro Jack again. He's apparently gonna have a lot of persona to go through.

For what I saw in the preview, I think he's gonna use Pryo Jack again.
Oct 20, 2011 10:12 PM

Jan 2011
tofupika said:
Haha, I think MC's personality in the anime is pretty funny. And Chie's dog had a really big head. xD
I agree i still crack at the jokes he makes because he says it with such a relax expression XD which is fitting,On to the episode a few Club Member Cameos (i wanted him to join the basketball Team!) Highlight was him changing personas Was hoping they would do this (who knows near the end he might even get some high end personas) Lucifer/Helel anyone?

Fun Fact: anyone see his stats are changing !.
katsu044Oct 20, 2011 10:15 PM
Oct 20, 2011 10:21 PM

Feb 2010
Uhm i didnt like it that much , i liked ep 2 more.
Oct 20, 2011 10:21 PM

Jan 2009
Wasabi said:
Tanrim said:
Am amazed how things can be messed up so badly in only a minute. Most of the episode was fine but the Pyro Jack thing was just ridiculous. Also, him being able to summon other Persona is all well and good but him just pulling them out of his butt isn't doing it for me.

Pulling out a level 32 fire Persona against a boss that's supposed to be weak to wind and not fire is just bad. You should be level 5 at that point, if that. Stupid.

They were obviously trying to pander to Pyro Jack fans by using him, which seemed to work given the comments, but it was so badly misplaced. Could have picked a better place for it. The fact that he even had the Persona for apparently no good reason is seriously bugging me, too. If they had bothered to show him getting it in a shuffle or fusion myself I wouldn't mind but nope.

Well, whatever. Despite those issues the rest of the episode was pretty good. 3/5

They might as well include the after-battle screen so we can count how much exp they get when fighting shadows, mirite? Or rather, they should show them browsing a shop then a menu randomly pops up with the prices all listed neatly and asking them how many of each item they want.

ಠ_ಠ

lol'ed

True though, people wants a carbon copy of the game, it bugs me more than pulling up higher rank persona in the anime >_>
Oct 20, 2011 10:50 PM

Jun 2009
Pretty decent episode. Yuu is a bro, he's quite enjoyable. The pacing is somewhat off, though and I feel as the persona "arguments" could be handled better but that maybe a problem with the game as well. I don't know.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 20, 2011 11:09 PM

May 2008
Evtrai said:
Wasabi said:
Tanrim said:
Am amazed how things can be messed up so badly in only a minute. Most of the episode was fine but the Pyro Jack thing was just ridiculous. Also, him being able to summon other Persona is all well and good but him just pulling them out of his butt isn't doing it for me.

Pulling out a level 32 fire Persona against a boss that's supposed to be weak to wind and not fire is just bad. You should be level 5 at that point, if that. Stupid.

They were obviously trying to pander to Pyro Jack fans by using him, which seemed to work given the comments, but it was so badly misplaced. Could have picked a better place for it. The fact that he even had the Persona for apparently no good reason is seriously bugging me, too. If they had bothered to show him getting it in a shuffle or fusion myself I wouldn't mind but nope.

Well, whatever. Despite those issues the rest of the episode was pretty good. 3/5

They might as well include the after-battle screen so we can count how much exp they get when fighting shadows, mirite? Or rather, they should show them browsing a shop then a menu randomly pops up with the prices all listed neatly and asking them how many of each item they want.

ಠ_ಠ

lol'ed

True though, people wants a carbon copy of the game, it bugs me more than pulling up higher rank persona in the anime >_>

Think of it as they have a different list of personas...just like how it differs from 3 and 4....pyro jack's level is 14 in 3 while 4 is in lvl 32....

The show and the game are slightly different....another reason why i like this Anime (One is Izanagi :D)

or if you can't think of that...just look how Pyro jack overkills Dominatrix Banana head/Shadow Chie :D...

Now my thoughts...
I like how they've done with Yu's personality..."It makes me wanna cry" :D

Well yeah the show is a little bit fast even for me...but I thought that is always true for video game adaptations :D

Oct 20, 2011 11:35 PM
Oct 2011
Let's take 10 minutes out of an anime to show the protagonist killing shadows to level up.
Oct 21, 2011 12:20 AM

Jul 2011
So for magician arcana he use Pyro Jack, I am curious to know what persona he gonna use next! Maybe persona from Chariot arcana? ^^
Oct 21, 2011 12:46 AM

Feb 2009
Hmm, the pace seems to jump so suddenly. One part they were worrying about Yukiko, the next they're battling Chie's Shadow. After that, they kind of forgot about Yukiko.
And Narukami having more than one Persona? If you get Personas from conquering your Shadow, then how did Narukami get his in the first place without battling it?
Does it have something to do with the "Chosen One" stuff?

So far, I'm still liking it but I hope they show some hint at what's going on and what will they do. It's been mostly about the characters, which isn't bad but the story could use some push.
I'm digging the fights like in a game. Makes me want to start playing the game. Though I'm busy with :stuff: so yeah, maybe some time.
Oct 21, 2011 1:03 AM
Dec 2007
belatkuro said:
Hmm, the pace seems to jump so suddenly. One part they were worrying about Yukiko, the next they're battling Chie's Shadow. After that, they kind of forgot about Yukiko.
And Narukami having more than one Persona? If you get Personas from conquering your Shadow, then how did Narukami get his in the first place without battling it?

So far, I'm still liking it but I hope they show some hint at what's going on and what will they do. It's been mostly about the characters, which isn't bad but the story could use some push.
I'm digging the fights like in a game. Makes me want to start playing the game. Though I'm busy with :stuff: so yeah, maybe some time.
The story is mainly about the murders...they linked said murders to Mayonaka TV. And that's about all that's happened by this point. It is a long game after all. As for the Chie and Yukiko thing they didn't forgot although the jump was a little abrupt since they didn't "show" the reason. Chie confirms the reason when she says "she still couldn't move". Basically, she became weak from getting mentally assaulted by her Shadow and being too long inside the TV without the special glasses Kuma creates (why do you think they wear them). In the game she basically scuffles a little with you saying that she doesn't want to leave Yukiko and Yuu basically coerces her to leave.

Also, Yuu and the origin of his power (he obviously didn't unlock it himself) is something that does gets adressed but it'd be rather full of spoilers to even say when. Just watch, it will get explained (if they follow the True End). I'll just say that it has nothing to do with being "The Fool" aka the wildcard. That merely means he was born under the influence of a really powerful Arcana. Being The Fool also means he has no set Persona, he can literally hundreds of potential Personae.
Leon-GunOct 21, 2011 1:09 AM

Oct 21, 2011 1:08 AM

Feb 2010
belatkuro said:

Everything get explained later , including the "chosen one" stuff.

or at least in the game.
Oct 21, 2011 1:21 AM

Jan 2011
Vanisher said:
belatkuro said:

Everything get explained later , including the "chosen one" stuff.

or at least in the game.
^ yup,plus This is how it's gonna be for the rest of the main characters while all this is happening more of the plot will be reviled (because what good is doing a story with a bunch of characters you know nothing about haha?).
Oct 21, 2011 1:54 AM

Jul 2009
WheelerTheViper said:
Um, you guys know there this isnt actually a video game, right? So there are no levels...?

Well, yeah, of course, but there's something a little jarring about seeing Pyro Jack so early. I'm not one of the people expecting things to be exactly the same as the game, and I don't think change is necessarily a bad thing; so, it seems a little odd to me, but hey, I can now make my 'which Persona next?' guessing game harder for myself, haha.

Anyway, this episode... I suddenly find myself agreeing that the pacing is perhaps a little too fast. Even having played the game and knowing the reason, the switch from 'Rescue Yukiko! -> No, wait, Chie's shadow first -> We'll come back later' seemed too fast, and wasn't really explained well.

Other than that, I really enjoyed it. The fights are still cool, the pacing may be a little too fast but it at least there isn't a sense that they spend too long on one thing, and, of course, there's always the little kick of 'ahaha, I remember this!'. Good stuff.
If any of my posts seem odd, it's probably because I'm tired. Sorry. I have sleeping issues.
Oct 21, 2011 2:01 AM

Nov 2007
mara better be summoned at one point.
but damn chie's dog is abnormally huge, what even???? been eating all of chie's steaks behind her back, i see
Oct 21, 2011 3:04 AM
Oct 2011
they probably chose pyro jack because....

and i think the pyro jack will change into another persona later since marganet said "the power grow as your bond with them get stronger"

and what chariot arcana persona you think Yuu will use in the next ep?

Slime
Nata Taishi
Eligor
Ara Mitama
Ares
Triglav
Kin-Ki
Thor
Atavaka
Futsunushi

and about pyro jack level... he 32 in Persona 4...wait he 14 in Persona 3, oh wait...he 26 in Persona 2 and 20 in Persona 1

this is an anime, changes is nesscesary, he probably chose Ares or Eligor next time, or maybe... Thor?
Oct 21, 2011 3:07 AM

Jan 2011
PointmanW said:
they probably chose pyro jack because....

and i think the pyro jack will change into another persona later since marganet said "the power grow as your bond with them get stronger"

and what chariot arcana persona you think Yuu will use in the next ep?

Slime
Nata Taishi
Eligor
Ara Mitama
Ares
Triglav
Kin-Ki
Thor
Atavaka
Futsunushi

and about pyro jack level... he 32 in Persona 4...wait he 14 in Persona 3, oh wait...he 26 in Persona 2 and 20 in Persona 1

this is an anime, changes is nesscesary, he probably chose Ares or Eligor next time, or maybe... Thor?

Don't bother about levels, it's an anime adaptation, not a game remake.
About the Pryo Jack, I didn't realized that, thanks for the useful post.
Oct 21, 2011 4:12 AM

Apr 2009
It still kinda seems like its rushing. I really like it but I'm sure a lot of people who haven't played the game are very confused.

This is still cool though, I'm really happy they decided to let him change Personas, it would have been a huge waste if none of those awesome designs showed up.
Oct 21, 2011 4:47 AM
Oct 2011
lol sigh it's true, it's getting very repetitive. i still like it but wow is it ever repetitive
every single time the same friggin patterns, i hope i won't have to put up with more of this
Oct 21, 2011 5:14 AM
Feb 2010
shaaaaaaaaynee said:
lol sigh it's true, it's getting very repetitive. i still like it but wow is it ever repetitive
every single time the same friggin patterns, i hope i won't have to put up with more of this

Just because the awakening happened in episode 2 as well, doesn't mean it's repetitive. The story still needs to kick in yet, and half of the characters aren't even introduced..
Oct 21, 2011 5:20 AM

Oct 2010
Good episode. Yuu's answers throughout the show were rather amusing. I wonder what other Personas will we see in the future episodes? Thanatos? Chimera? Orthrus? Cybele? I hope so.
Oct 21, 2011 5:55 AM

Jun 2009
it's kinda annoying the anime maker messing around with MC's personality...
Oct 21, 2011 7:23 AM

Jun 2009
Pretty fast change of peace there, lol at them suddenly leaving saving Yukiko for later just because Chie got her persona, like "We got a Persona, let's get the fuck out hoping Yukiko won't die until we decide to save her tommrrow." ( ¬‿¬)
All in all, it was actually a good episode which i enjoyed. Needs moar Ohara Sayaka, tho that means more power ups, hopefully not out of place ones. Also i hope Rise gets introduced as late as she can, i don't want any KugiRie in mah Persona. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Oh right, as much as i'm enjoying the series, why does the music suck so bad? Bgm aren't bad, just not too noticeabe, but OP, ED and the insert song are all enrish shit. (屮゚Д゚)屮
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Oct 21, 2011 7:45 AM

Apr 2011
Watched, and so far. this is the only anime that I'm most enjoying this season.
Oct 21, 2011 8:09 AM
Nov 2010
I'm glad they decided to make him use multiple personas. I wonder if that means that he can fuse them, if so then I would like to see Trumpeter and other high-level(even though there's no level) personas.

It also would be great to have him use the ultimate personas, like for example hearing this in the anime(or at least to something close to it):

"Thou art I... And I am thou...
Thou hast established a genuine bond...

These genuine bonds ... shall be your
eyes to see the truth.
We bestow upon thee the ability to
create Mada, the ultimate form
of the Magician Arcana..."

Medeasenpai said:

- Teddie bites him - “I’m going to cry”
- watches Yukiko’s Midnight Channel - “I wish I taped it.”

LMFAO
Oct 21, 2011 9:30 AM

May 2009
OrochiPL said:

Oh right, as much as i'm enjoying the series, why does the music suck so bad? Bgm aren't bad, just not too noticeabe, but OP, ED and the insert song are all enrish shit. (屮゚Д゚)屮

What the...get out of here, NOW!
And what's wrong with Engrish anyway? If it were in any other language you don't know anything about, you wouldn't have even noticed and would probably end up liking it anyway.
Persona 4 will most probably have the best OST of this whole season (unless Kajiura strikes again, which I'm not too sure will really happen)
Oct 21, 2011 10:00 AM

Feb 2011
love that battle scene
it make fell different from other anime
Oct 21, 2011 10:27 AM

Sep 2007
IZUMI64 said:

What... personality? The MC doesn't have a personality. He was what you made of him in the game.
Oct 21, 2011 11:10 AM

May 2009
belatkuro said:

Don't worry. They explain EVERYTHING. As long as the anime ends with the "true ending" of the game.

Also, Pyro Jack was a good pick against Shadow Chie (since her element is ice) If they had picked Jack Frost it would have done nothing.
Oct 21, 2011 11:26 AM
Aug 2010
This adaptation is coming out great. There are some changes, but the feel of the game is certainly expressed.

-Random shadows you need to fight past.
-Changing persona to mid battle to meet the situation.
-Social links affecting your abilities.
-All out attacks (which were done quite nicely here).

I'm guessing the show will only use 1, maybe 2 persona per arcana. Pyro Jack was a pretty good choice for Magician, albeit early than you would normally get. Jack Frost would have also done well. Someone mentioned fire being no good against Shadow Yukikko, Pyro Jack not working would make for a good reason to change persona again.

Chariot is a harder one for me to pick a representative. Just looking at the names doesn't help me remember too many of them. Of the ones I remember, Slime and Are Mitama don't seem very likely. Ares might work. If they use a second one later, I would like to see Yuu use Thor.
Oct 21, 2011 12:02 PM

Feb 2010
the problem with the pyro jack thing is that if u dont play the game you are not supposed to know that shadow chie have fire weakness...
Oct 21, 2011 12:19 PM

Mar 2008
Was a bit disturbing to see how Chie met Yukiko when they were children, since you have to have a strong social link with Chie to heard of it^^
Great episode anyway, interesting fight against Shadow Chie. At least they used fire, since Tomoe is weak against it. I wa also surprised at jack O'Lantern. At first i was like "there's no such persone in the game", but i suppose it's Pyro jack. (So can we assume Yuu is already at level 32 to fuse it? ^^)
Oct 21, 2011 1:24 PM
Dec 2007
Wasabi said:
IZUMI64 said:

What... personality? The MC doesn't have a personality. He was what you made of him in the game.
I was gonna say this. Yuu has no set personality. You basically get options and you pick the personality you want, from an uncaring bastard to an angelic and extremely loving friend. I like the personality they're going for just fine. I heard the manga went for a cold personality so I think this one is better.

akuma2002 said:
Was a bit disturbing to see how Chie met Yukiko when they were children, since you have to have a strong social link with Chie to heard of it^^
Great episode anyway, interesting fight against Shadow Chie. At least they used fire, since Tomoe is weak against it. I wa also surprised at jack O'Lantern. At first i was like "there's no such persone in the game", but i suppose it's Pyro jack. (So can we assume Yuu is already at level 32 to fuse it? ^^)
They are using Japanese names so Personae names and things like Kuma's name (which was changed to Teddie in the NA version) will obviously be different at times.

Just to prove my point:"Pyro Jack (ジャックランタン, Jyakkurantan, lit. Jack-o'-lantern) is a recurring demon in the series.". This is taken from the MegaTen Wiki Pyro Jack page.

Oct 21, 2011 1:29 PM

Mar 2008
Yeah, i kinda forgot they are in Japan ^^ Chie looks more girly with her original voice, btw^^
Oct 21, 2011 1:35 PM

Jun 2010
drendren said:
This show is starting to get really mundane. It's the same pattern every time. Each episode focuses on one character going through mental breakdown then MC gives them words of encouragement and all of a sudden they're better and then side character gets a persona. There's like what? 5 more characters in this show? So basically 5 more episodes of this shit? great...

Heh, that's something only a person who hasn't played the game could say. ;] Trust me, it's getting AWESOME soon.

Miya_F_Exia said:
Yu x Yukiko forever ♥ (although I could care less about who he ends up with, as long as it's not Chie).

Blasphemy! Clearly you didn't see the massive amount of CUUUUTE Chie has gave us in those three episodes so far.
Unless you meant Yuu is not good enough for her. Then I'd agree somehow.
BECAUSE CHIE IS THE ONE! *crazy in otaku love*
Oct 21, 2011 1:46 PM

Jul 2009
Crimson_Cloud said:
I wonder what other Personas will we see in the future episodes? Thanatos? Chimera? Orthrus? Cybele? I hope so.

Cybele? Cybele? The one who castrated her son? Things will not end well for MC...

shadowtsunami said:
Pyro Jack was awesome but still they should have showed how he got it instead of omitting it completely.

Don't worry. When his social link reaches lv. 10 with any girl, they'll show you how he got Mara and why he should summon it... Same applies to the girl and her summation of Arioch... The resulting fusion will give 'em the ultimate Persona Izanagi no Okami.
BitchMasterOct 21, 2011 1:51 PM

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Oct 21, 2011 1:58 PM

Jan 2011
IZUMI64 said:

What you're talking about? Pfff
Oct 21, 2011 2:25 PM

May 2011
Mother of God.

Tomoe? Pyro Jack? Shadow Chie? Everything in the same episode?
I came buckets. ;_;
If I die and I find that I had a soul inside,
Promise me you'll take it up to its final ride...
Oct 21, 2011 2:39 PM

Oct 2008
Incoherent thoughts:
- Ayane showing up!! Oh god I know a lot of people hate her but I love her so much. Only girl I ever dated in the game because I could genuinely not refuse her. If he doesn't join band I may cry
- 'I wish I taped it' omg lol
- Yess they made him answer with 'I'm gonna cry'!! Best adaptation ever!!
- Reach Out To The Truth! I genuinely had a huge grin on my face just in the entire last bit of the episode ugh I love this show idc if it is repetitive/turns out shit it is so enjoyable and I love it so much
- Nanako without her hair bobbles looks really weird
- Ooooh that shot after the ED
- Shadow Chie is strangely hot
- hiimdaisy's comic plays in my head in every episode..
the Imaginary and the Real can never mingle.
Oct 21, 2011 5:14 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Faithful to the game... which makes this series pretty much a RPG game lol. So we get to unlock a few more characters in the next few episodes...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 21, 2011 6:15 PM
Dec 2007
wakka9ca said:
Faithful to the game... which makes this series pretty much a RPG game lol. So we get to unlock a few more characters in the next few episodes...
*sigh* I'll be a little spoilerish here and say we only have one more character to get right up (Yukiko duh). The rest take a few months to appear and the last one takes quite a while to properly show up. Yousuke, Kuma, Chie and Yukiko join the team pretty fast. The time between the rest of the team joining up will be decided by how much side-events they decide add to the story.

Oct 21, 2011 6:27 PM

Aug 2010
Chie should use another lipstick color
Oct 21, 2011 6:33 PM

Sep 2010
Aww yeah, dominatrix KKK.
Oct 21, 2011 7:09 PM
Dec 2008
That animated All-Out-Attack just gave me this joyful feeling. So much joy.

I really want to see Jack Frost hopefully in the future episodes though.
Oct 21, 2011 7:18 PM

Aug 2007
Wasabi said:

ಠ_ಠ

Lol. I would totally love that if this was a Persona 3 adaption. Be a riot to see Junpei doing his trademark when he levels up, but I digress since that just brings back good memories. >.>

As for my thoughts for this episode. I'm happy they seem to be showing bits of the social links each episode. I hope they will do it for everyone, since that was also the main meat of the game other then the murders. Other then that I agree with everyone the pacing is jumping so suddenly.
Oct 21, 2011 7:38 PM

Oct 2011
I think this episode was definitely a bit better than the previous two; although the pacing is still way too fast.

I was assuming they were just going to leave them out, but after the scene with Kou, Daisuke, and Ayane, it seems like they might actually implement the social links. Ideally I think they would want to dedicate an episode to each social link, but I'm pretty sure this is only a 26 episode anime; so they probably wouldn't have enough time for that.
Oct 21, 2011 7:40 PM
Jul 2018
Man, Yuu's a cheater! First he gets up to Rank 2 courage last episode during the guided cutscene part of the series without even mouthing off King Moron and now he gains a rank in knowledge without studying and summons a level 32 person. Y so hax Yuu?

I liked this episode a lot more than the last couple. The pacing was still too fast, but it felt a little more grounded than before, plus it was funnier. Yousuke licking that sword and Yuu's reaction to Yukiko's Midnight Channel were hillarious. Shame they didn't have Kou mention anything about polishing balls when he was trying to recruit the MC though.
Oct 21, 2011 10:27 PM

Jan 2011
Miya_F_Exia said:
OrochiPL said:

Oh right, as much as i'm enjoying the series, why does the music suck so bad?

What the...get out of here, NOW!

You must have Real bad taste or just never heard the OST for this before because persona 3/4 had some of be best music in games imo.
Oct 22, 2011 12:48 AM

May 2010
Nice Narukami can change his persona !!
Oct 22, 2011 1:16 AM

Apr 2011
Yea, Pyro Jack is so cool~ I like this new Persona.
And this scene when Yukiko was in the Midnight Channel... Lol Cx
I love this ep ♥
Oct 22, 2011 2:01 AM
Nov 2010
That was a pretty good episode...
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 5, 2012

105 by zodismegalame »»
Jan 27, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Feb 9, 2012

72 by NN010 »»
Nov 18, 2023 6:49 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2012

112 by NN010 »»
Nov 11, 2023 6:51 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

120 by Delphantasist »»
Nov 3, 2023 9:05 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Dr_Funkadelic - Mar 30, 2012

186 by DarkCanuck »»
Sep 22, 2023 8:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.