Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2011 10:25 AM

Feb 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I find it amusing how everyone who sees how beatiful and nice Antoinette is automatically assumes that that has anything to do with how she rules. At least to me it seemed like Rosalie instantly forgave her because of that.

Anyway, I really liked the standoff during the ball with Oscar forcing Poignac to keep it a secret. I somehow thought they would counter her accuse with reference to that "Gabrielle Martine" person, but I guess they need to find more about her before.

The chandelier was a classic and destined to fail. The ambush on the other hand was almsot successful, Oscar seems to be hurt badly and only the (again, lucky) appearance of Fersen (I think it was him, wasn't it?) in the end saved them from worse.
I wonder how this will continue. And also when Poignac and the other devils in the Court (especially Orleans) will make contact. It's bound to happen sooner or later.
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 15, 2013 1:43 AM

Sep 2010
I wonder if Poignac set up that ambush? Luckily Fersen made it in time before Oscar was killed.

Also another sweet Oscar/Rosalie moment I at least hope that one or both live by the end of this.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 11, 2013 11:24 PM

Aug 2012
I really wish I could find that slow violin/guitar rendition of the main theme.. nowhere on the soundtrack from what I've listened to.
Oct 16, 2013 10:12 PM

Jul 2008
Hmmm so Poignac set up the chandelier and the ambush I bet, well now all the cards are on the table and Oscar is near death. Go get her Fernsen.
Jan 3, 2014 4:34 PM

Nov 2011
Jan 19, 2014 7:01 AM

Jul 2012
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

I find it amusing how everyone who sees how beatiful and nice Antoinette is automatically assumes that that has anything to do with how she rules. At least to me it seemed like Rosalie instantly forgave her because of that.

Yup! A fine example of the bias known as the halo effect. What it implies is that, If there's a characteristic one finds favorable of a person (i.e Antoinette being beautiful), humans tend to attribute a lot of other ones as well (Being a good ruler, intelligent etc.), even though they often aren't true.
Apr 4, 2014 3:40 PM

Jan 2014
So much happened in just one episode!! I love it :D
Sep 30, 2014 5:50 PM

Jul 2011
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
I find it amusing how everyone who sees how beatiful and nice Antoinette is automatically assumes that that has anything to do with how she rules.

Halo effect indeed. Apparently being beautiful means you are capable in everything. :P

Rosalie cries quite a bit... is she ever going to put her sword skills to the use? Oscar is like, on the brink of death right now thanks to her. XD
Oct 2, 2014 5:05 PM

Mar 2012
Rosalie is getting quite annoying with all that crying. Getting Oscar stabbed while trying to save our helpless little princess doesn't help either....
Mar 9, 2015 8:34 PM

Apr 2014
well yuri girl you got Oscar hurt

dang it why does Oscar keeps getting hurt :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2015 3:24 PM

Jun 2007
Oscar goes from "I'll teach you to use a sword and introduce you to nobles so you can find your mother's killer and avenge her death" to "revenge is wrong, it won't bring your mother back" in seconds!
Jan 7, 2016 10:52 AM
Nov 2014
Poor Oscar, Rosalie is so fecking useless.
Jun 10, 2016 11:35 PM

Jan 2013
Stark700 said:
Oscarrrrrrr

Nowhere near the cult classic
'Snake?
Snake??
SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?' imho
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Jul 14, 2016 9:50 PM

Feb 2009
So the guy is just going to stand there blank-faced instead of delivering the finishing blow because plot armor right.
Jul 10, 2017 9:03 AM

Jul 2015
"wow, Marie is so beautiful, she totally can't be like people say about her!"

So we got into a starefest during the first episodes because Marie didn't talk first to du Barry, yet Polignac talks first to her in this episode and no one bats an eye, between this and people forgetting about Oscar supposedly making Marie have a misscarriage, I can already see that this story is consistent as fuck.
Nov 23, 2017 2:33 PM

Mar 2014
So Oscar decided to help Rosalie avenge her mother so she made up a whole plan to train her but now she suddenly thinks that killing Polignac won't bring her mother back...? What was even the point then. And Rosalie thought Marie was #misunderstood because she's prettier than she thought... smh. The writing has been wacky at best in the last few episodes.
Dec 11, 2017 4:30 PM

Nov 2016
A chandelier and an ambush.. one need just to put one and one together to figure out who's behind these attacks.

Nice cliffhanger,wonder who made an appearance at the end.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 10, 2020 4:57 AM

Jul 2015
Polignac truly is a lot more dreadful compared to du Barry, would be pretty funny if she would turn out to be the Rosalie's birthmother Martine Garbielle seeing that they have the same haircolor. Honestly didn't expect Fersen to appear at the end after waiting '4 long years'

Mar 2, 2021 10:51 AM

Nov 2018
So damn dramatic ... I don't know if I like it or not
I hate everyone equally
Mar 30, 2021 8:02 PM

Aug 2018
Mme Polignac totally made the chandelier fall when Oscar was going down the stairs.
I cant reallly see how Oscar will survive this....

May 28, 2022 6:32 AM

Dec 2021
Roseline pulled out the strap !!!

Keep it tucked in her pocket !!!

Fersen the only one who can free Antoniette from Polganc clutches
Jul 9, 2022 7:22 PM

Jul 2016
I love how dramatic this series can be. It's like watching a soap opera or telenovela/teleserye.
Aug 5, 2022 9:42 PM

Apr 2016
I feel like Rosalie went to a whole arc during this episode from going to find the person that killed her mother to maybe don't do that :p which is a nice sentiment but I just got to laugh at Oscar's latest decisions.

Rosalie love for Oscar was greatly potrayed and that moment when Oscar stop Polignac of exposing Rosalie was one of the best moment of this show so far.
Dec 2, 2023 2:04 AM

Apr 2017
The writing is consistent as far as Marie Antoinette supposedly having a miscarriage, but no one seems to bring that up anymore. Seriously, no one has talked about it again? Then what even was the point of faking the pregnancy and all of that? To give an excuse for Marie to pay the debts of Polignac and her friends? I mean, at this point, Marie would've done it if Polignac had just asked. No need for the pregnancy mini storyline that went nowhere at best, and shows the lack of consistencies at worst.

Rosalie equating beauty to goodness is actually not that far off. A lot of propaganda machines use attractiveness vs ugliness to show good vs bad. Like the old anti-feminist propaganda art, that's still around today. People try to paint feminists as ugly, to weaken their stance and message. "The ugly feminists are just jealous of the traditional women!" Plus more misogynistic messaging about feminist women being weird and promiscuous, being weird cat women, being single and unwanted, etc. You'd be surprised what pretty privilege gets you.

Oscar not wanting Rosalie to kill obviously changed after she found out that Rosalie is looking for her birth mother. Killing Polignac might feel nice in the moment, but then she'd be executed and won't ever find her real mother. Well, it's not even a guarantee that she'll find her true mother as is, but she definitely won't be able to find her if she's dead.
Apr 2, 6:08 PM
Jul 2020
BRO literally every episode gets more and more intense! I can’t wait to see what happens next, but I wish Rosalie would’ve joined in on the fight too..
May 5, 2:43 PM
Feb 2024
I cant understand why Oscar would tell her why she shouldn't, are we also going to ignore that Oscar has yet to confront Marie Antoinette about the dying people in France ?? these episodes are getting very sloppy.
MysteriousFriendMay 5, 2:58 PM
"My blood belongs to the Emperor. My heart belongs to you My life belongs to honour"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 38 Discussion

DonKangolJones - Dec 13, 2008

42 by ryougi_shiki07 »»
May 11, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 13 Discussion

DonKangolJones - Oct 19, 2008

31 by MysteriousFriend »»
May 4, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 )

fanty - Nov 5, 2009

74 by GinGmaximum »»
Apr 19, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yma981 - Sep 23, 2008

65 by ArtimesGamer »»
Apr 19, 2:36 AM

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 8 Discussion

removed-user - Apr 19, 2009

41 by Natt_5cents »»
Apr 18, 9:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.