Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 4, 2008 4:10 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This doesn't go as smoothly as I expected it to.

Episode was good. I'm glad they focused on Akane too since she is also in love with Takayuki, more or less. And there were also Ayu scenes, she's great :D .

Looking forward to more.
cyruzJul 4, 2008 4:13 AM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 4, 2008 5:31 AM

Mar 2007
Very good episode, I'm also very glad that the episode focused on Akane as she's my favorite character in Kiminozo.
I'm looking forward to how this will end~
Jul 4, 2008 5:35 AM

Nov 2007
Awesome conclusion to the episode. Seeing Haruka smack her face in to a table was the highlight of this season.
Jul 4, 2008 5:35 AM

Mar 2008
Let's get the message out simply: Haruka cannot be with Takayuki because of the disconfort on her mental system due to all the emotional stress on her system. The proof is obvious when she has her system cease functioning (blackout in the brain). It's obvious to know that she needed more time to recover...especially her mental system from all previous emotional stress. Am I right?
Jul 4, 2008 11:10 AM
Mar 2008
I'm just glad I found out this ova is gonna be 4 eps instead of 3 which I thought for a the longest time. I swear I must be a masochist as I loved the way the ep concluded XD. Oh well time to convince my friends that its only 3 eps....
Jul 4, 2008 12:40 PM

Nov 2007
lol im going to laugh so hard if she goes into another coma from hitting her head on the table when she fainted. 1 more episode >.<
Jul 4, 2008 12:41 PM

Apr 2007
This OVA is bored the hell out of me...
Jul 4, 2008 8:46 PM
Aug 2007
If she goes back into a coma and Akane starts getting it on with Takayuki, that will officially make all the bullshit in this OVA worthwhile.

For now, though, what the fuck WAS all that? The stuff at the beginning with Akane talking with her stupid little bit character friend? The nonsensical conversation with Mitsuki? Seriously, does anyone understand this shit? Can anyone explain this too me?

Though it was nice seeing Haruka get her head smacked on a table. Too bad there wasn't a good 'crunch' sound, huh?
Jul 5, 2008 2:06 AM

Aug 2007
I find it odd how a 4 episode OVA looks more washed out compared to the original KGNE. Maybe they have a lower budget or something, but the sakuga quality just took a huge nosedive this episode...

Another gripe is how the episodes feel jumpy, but that is mostly due to the 2-3? month wait for each episode. I highly suggest to rewatch episodes 1-3 again when 4 comes out just so the story flows better.

Then we go back to the whole 4 episode thing. Next Season could have probably fit into a complete 1 cour series (12-13 episodes) or half a cour (6-7) episodes. Even if you DO rewatch all the previous episodes before watching the currently released one, the story is still too jumpy due to the time constraints of telling an entire VN arc with only 4 episodes. Needless to say, quite pointless to watch this if you haven't seen the previous KGNE; which has nearly all of the character background and development.

Huge fan of KGNE, but the first 3 episodes have been disappointing (although major points for Akane-centric episode). Hope things pick up in episode 4....

*makes a mental note to remember to watch KnK ep2*
Jul 5, 2008 2:09 AM

May 2007
Asako said:
Awesome conclusion to the episode. Seeing Haruka smack her face in to a table was the highlight of this season.
I lol'd hard.

Pretty good episode for me. Not much development in the drama but still fun to watch.
Jul 5, 2008 2:40 AM

Apr 2008
Hellmonkey said:
lol im going to laugh so hard if she goes into another coma from hitting her head on the table when she fainted. 1 more episode >.<

Same thinking XD

Jul 5, 2008 7:49 PM

Dec 2007
I hope Haruka dies. That table should be the killing blow. But not really.

I hate it whenever I hear "you don't understand anything" - you're just running away Haruka. Bitch can't be confrontational at all. Take him or leave him already. :/
Jul 6, 2008 2:33 AM

Nov 2007
Akane ending would be so gold. This OVA would get so much credit from me if it ended like that.

Man I can't wait for the fourth episode.
Jul 6, 2008 3:36 AM

Feb 2008
Hmm the Episode was OK but way too short....after waiting for such a long time...now the net waiting period begins ><
Jul 6, 2008 4:38 PM

Apr 2008
I honestly don't get anymore how will things end now... previously I thought these OVAs were to focus HarukaXTakayuki but I don't know how the story will develop from now on... anyways loved the table scene, rofl
Jul 7, 2008 1:12 PM

Oct 2007
I'll have to agree with everything, and i cant wait as well for the next episode, its the last one :P
Who will end up with who (like everyone knows) :P lol
Jul 7, 2008 2:54 PM

Nov 2007
harukas a selfish lil bitch zomgggggg i wish that table had a tack on top of it, can someone photoshop that and post it PLEASE hahaha i'd laugh my ASS off. akane = hawtttttttttttttt i want takayuki to be like bitch i like it FRESHHH to haruka AHAHAHHA
Jul 7, 2008 4:53 PM
Oct 2007
no love for the akane ending i guess. booooooo. even mitsuki was better than haruka.
Jul 7, 2008 5:06 PM

Aug 2007
Mitsuki sex slave end ftw?
Jul 9, 2008 5:34 AM

Mar 2008
*lol* The ending surprised me a bit, but my masochistic side enjoyed it. Haruka should make a decision, being the meanie she is! I don't really get the beginning of the episode, as mentioned before, the OVA is too short to develop all the side-characters and that's quite a waste.
Jul 12, 2008 5:28 PM

Jan 2008
eajfkhdjabhjdfakj... i wish this series would end up good.. hmph
Jul 13, 2008 8:59 AM

Feb 2008
hmm what's with the haruka angst? i think the story is progressing in a rather predictable way. all they need now is to bring everyone on the stage and have an orgy weeeee.......

no really, i dont see why it wouldnt turn out the way it did. actually i like the fact that they are focusing on the main point wich is the break up ect... considering all the heartache and agony that has gone into their relationship it would be tragic to stary off some tangent. wether it turns out typically like "happily ever after" junk or haruka dies...it will still have been a good story to the end.

i look forward to the next one.
Jul 13, 2008 9:09 PM

Jun 2007
darkside099 said:
Let's get the message out simply: Haruka cannot be with Takayuki because of the disconfort on her mental system due to all the emotional stress on her system. The proof is obvious when she has her system cease functioning (blackout in the brain). It's obvious to know that she needed more time to recover...especially her mental system from all previous emotional stress. Am I right?

I think it's a little more then just that. As mentioned in this episode by Takayuki and his friend, Haruka was basically relying on Takayuki for EVERYTHING. This made life for Takayuki 2x more harder and since he's a nice guy he wouldn't make it known that it's wearing him out. When Haruka noticed the stress he was going threw because of her, she figured the best way to solve the problem was to brake up with Takayuki till both of them had managed to maintain a steady life style (ie. Haruka goes back to school and learns to do basic things on her own and Takayuki gets a real job and can support himself and her).

Honestly, I think the way she broke up with him was a little harsh but it needed to be done. If she had just said "lets take some time apart so we can catch up with our own lives", he probably wouldn't have listened and would have continued to try and help her any chance he got.

Akane, is a little pain in the ass. She's trying to tell people how to run their love lives when she hasn't even gone out with someone before and experienced love. The whole part at the beginning trys to explain this to the viewers. So the stuff at the start was not pointless at all and I'm really not sure why people are saying that in this thread. Akane also does not take into account others feelings. She does things based on her own feelings.
Jul 19, 2008 2:31 PM
May 2008
I dont understand what everyone seems to hate Haruka, its not a happy ending for her in the 1st version. and yet everyone still hates her in the alternative version. its obvious that its a TakayukiXHaruka happily every after ending, it wouldny make sense for them not to end up together in two different versions lol

o ye

Haruka > Mitsuki (shes the one who should have hit her head on the table lol)
Aug 6, 2008 2:34 AM

May 2007
hero123 said:
I dont understand what everyone seems to hate Haruka, its not a happy ending for her in the 1st version. and yet everyone still hates her in the alternative version. its obvious that its a TakayukiXHaruka happily every after ending, it wouldny make sense for them not to end up together in two different versions lol

o ye

Haruka > Mitsuki (shes the one who should have hit her head on the table lol)
I don't understand the Haruka hate either. I hated Mitsuki in the original series and still do. I just hope things turn out well for Haruka.
Aug 14, 2008 8:27 AM
May 2008
when does the 4th episode come?
Aug 17, 2008 11:43 PM

May 2007
si_jac said:
when does the 4th episode come?
In 4 days apparently but who knows when the sub will be out.
Aug 22, 2008 6:50 AM

Apr 2007
What a cliffhanger!
can't wait for episode 4!

Sep 21, 2008 1:01 PM
Aug 2007
I think what Haruka said perfectly sums up my feelings about this episode. Akane needs to back off and let Haruka and Takayuki sort out their own problems.
Sep 22, 2008 3:44 PM

Feb 2008
Some of you don't seem to understand why Haruka did what she did. Let me explain:

You see, after Haruka waked up from the coma, she was told that Takayuki was going out with Mitsuki for a long time (2 years), under a promise saying that when Haruka wakes up, he is encouraged to go back to Haruka. In this OVA, Takayuki uses this chance and returns to Haruka, with Mitsuki moving away.
That's very nice, but does Takayuki return to Haruka, because he truely loves her, or is he doing it for guilt, for sorrow or just by reflex?
This is where Haruka's danger sense kicked in, asking to break up with Takayuki. It's quite mature actually. Haruka is the type who - if in a relationship - she has to be loved for sure. The love must be two-sided. She broke up with Takayuki to see that after her keeping a good distance with him, he will give into his true feelings for Mitsuki and return to her, or not give up and keep wanting to be with Haruka, because his true feelings point to her.
amcsiNov 13, 2008 5:02 PM

Oct 10, 2008 3:37 PM
Apr 2007
I can't wait for episode 4!! I was a little behind and just watched the 1st 3 episodes. I hope that Haruka is alright and that Takayuki finally figures out what he's suppose to.

Haruka's sister is so annoying. Didn't she figure out from the first time that she should just shut her mouth!! She keeps causing Haruka to blackout. What a horrible sister (JK, I know it's not entirely her fault).
Oct 17, 2008 2:46 AM

Aug 2008
Digigirl said:
I can't wait for episode 4!! I was a little behind and just watched the 1st 3 episodes. I hope that Haruka is alright and that Takayuki finally figures out what he's suppose to.

Haruka's sister is so annoying. Didn't she figure out from the first time that she should just shut her mouth!! She keeps causing Haruka to blackout. What a horrible sister (JK, I know it's not entirely her fault).

Yes, it is :|
Nov 1, 2008 12:26 AM

Jan 2008
She's not a jerk. Well, she is a jerk, but a smart jerk!

JK. Though I wouldn't mind NarumixAkane. Never was a fan for poor 'ol Haruka.

Nov 3, 2008 6:22 AM

May 2007
Tsunami said:
What a cliffhanger!
can't wait for episode 4!
Maybe another 3 years lol... I'm a horrible person for saying that. :(
Nov 6, 2008 6:48 AM

Aug 2007
amcsi said:
Some of you don't seem to understand why Haruka did what she did.

You see, after Haruka waked up from the coma, she was told that Takayuki was going out with Mitsuki for a long time (2 years), under a promise saying that when Haruka wakes up, he is encouraged to go back to Haruka. In this OVA, Takayuki uses this chance and returns to Haruka, with Mitsuki moving away.
That's very nice, but does Takayuki return to Haruka, because he truely loves her, or is he doing it for guilt, for sorrow or just by reflex?
This is where Haruka's danher sence kicked in, asking to break up with Takayuki. It's quite mature actually. Haruka is the type who - if in a relationship - she has to be loved for sure. The love must be two-sided. She broke up with Takayuki to see that after her keeping a good distance with him, he will give into his true feelings for Mitsuki and return to her, or not give up and keep wanting to be with Haruka, because his true feelings point to her.
I hope I didn't say bullshit :P

Very nicely said. You helped me realize these series aren't so easy to understand as I thought at first.. Well they aren't going as smooth as I expected them to. But anyway, looking forward to episode 4 and hope Haruka will be fine. Not a big fan of her, but not Mitsuki either. And about Akane.. I'd hate if it would end TakayukixAkane. And she's quite an evil sister x.x''

Nov 6, 2008 6:53 AM

Jan 2008
Dumbest ending they could think of, damn it.
Dec 18, 2008 8:47 PM

Jan 2008
Faust87 said:
Hellmonkey said:

Same thinking XD
Nooo...3 more years? I hope not :P
Jan 11, 2009 2:06 AM

Dec 2008
I have to say that I'm really disappointed. The Ova is in opposite of the serie very bornign and lame. The only thing whcih is good is that it is a alternative ending btu this is also fan service. The third episode was very boring with the sisiter of Haruka. The end when Haruka falled down was not very dramtically.
Jan 17, 2009 5:10 PM
Jul 2018
SteveKanonfreak said:
The end when Haruka falled down was not very dramtically.

Indeed, it look kinda lame.
Episode was pretty boring
2/5
Jul 1, 2009 2:42 PM

Aug 2008
DeathfireD said:
darkside099 said:

I think it's a little more then just that. As mentioned in this episode by Takayuki and his friend, Haruka was basically relying on Takayuki for EVERYTHING. This made life for Takayuki 2x more harder and since he's a nice guy he wouldn't make it known that it's wearing him out. When Haruka noticed the stress he was going threw because of her, she figured the best way to solve the problem was to brake up with Takayuki till both of them had managed to maintain a steady life style (ie. Haruka goes back to school and learns to do basic things on her own and Takayuki gets a real job and can support himself and her).

Honestly, I think the way she broke up with him was a little harsh but it needed to be done. If she had just said "lets take some time apart so we can catch up with our own lives", he probably wouldn't have listened and would have continued to try and help her any chance he got.

Akane, is a little pain in the ass. She's trying to tell people how to run their love lives when she hasn't even gone out with someone before and experienced love. The whole part at the beginning trys to explain this to the viewers. So the stuff at the start was not pointless at all and I'm really not sure why people are saying that in this thread. Akane also does not take into account others feelings. She does things based on her own feelings.
This... You guys saved me to write all this painful speech XD... I totally agree with you.... But let me add... It's obvious she wanna try toget the good old Takayuki... She loves him... You can see that after she had that flashback of Mitsuki... and she... empathizes wth Takayuki's feelings... or so she thinks.... Indeed a Akane + Takayuki ending would be more fun than a Haruka + Takayuki ending :P But what will her parents think wbout it! :O! XD

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2009 10:59 PM

Aug 2009
Akane for the win! and OMG, WHAT A GREAT ANIMATION. <3 I'M REALLY IN LOVE WITH IT. :D

Wtf, Haruka suddenly collapsed. O.O
Jul 10, 2010 5:22 PM

May 2009
Akane is really good at making her sister faint. She's done it twice now.
Anyway - Akane centered episode is nice; she's pretty much my favorite character in the series. It's a bit boring though.
Aug 18, 2010 11:10 AM

Jul 2010
stAtic91 said:
Akane is really good at making her sister faint. She's done it twice now.
Anyway - Akane centered episode is nice; she's pretty much my favorite character in the series. It's a bit boring though.

I was thinking the same thing, first she spills out everything about he 3 years of coma, now this.

Oct 30, 2010 8:38 PM
Jul 2018
its obvious Akane is in love with Takayuki,

why else would she care sooooo much about them being together. It was the same way in season one...

shes kinda a coward in a way, b/c she wont admit her feelings, but rather wants to live vicariously thru her sister (who will be with takayuki)

cant blame her tho, she is young
Mar 10, 2011 5:10 PM

Aug 2010
Loved the Akane centric episode. And is it bad that I laughed at the high pitched yell at the end? Harukaaaauauaau!! hahahahaha I know im a bad person. :(
Nov 5, 2012 10:03 PM

Jun 2012
so i think we can conclude akane loves him as well which i already thought in season 1 and i am also wondering how they gone end this i thought haruka for sure but now i wonder

and well maybe haruka is mean in a way but she also feel responsible for her friend to leave town and hearing he was despaired in the time she was in coma she thinks she ruined his life and now she think he have it hard cause he works and take care of her but still rather hard to break up when you come to the spot where you first dated its the same as breaking up at valentine's day
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Apr 13, 2013 6:24 AM

May 2012
An episode focused on Akane, that was rather interesting to see what happens from her point of view, so it is true that they broke up after all I do wonder what reason though! That ending sure was fucked up, I wonder what happened? To much emotion?

Those waitresses are still too cute :3
Jul 15, 2014 5:19 PM
Jul 2018
Is it just me, or has a bromance formed between Takayuki and the manager? xD

And this episode really made me like Akane more ^o^

I hope Haruka will be alright, though, we don't want her to be in a coma again >__<
Dec 10, 2014 8:56 PM

Jul 2012
Give me the reason Haruka T_T
u just wasted Takayuki's feeling and lifetime for three years waiting for u to wakeup!!

Dec 21, 2014 8:29 PM

Aug 2014
Ayu and Mayu-Mayu are still my favorite characters ah
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien ~Next Season~ Episode 2 Discussion

Sobzob - Mar 27, 2008

39 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 21, 2023 6:06 PM

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien ~Next Season~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Dec 21, 2007

69 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 21, 2023 7:49 AM

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien ~Next Season~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DeadIEnd - Dec 18, 2008

84 by EsieEyen »»
Nov 17, 2022 5:34 AM

» Finally a resolution after ten years

mrJuni - Jun 10, 2015

1 by Comedy »»
Jun 11, 2015 1:16 PM

» Haruka should never have existed

mechian - Nov 3, 2013

1 by White_Alice »»
Dec 10, 2014 3:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.