Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (23) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 2, 2011 6:40 AM

Mar 2009
You do have to be willing to put your head where most most players wouldn't put there feet, Bill so it's no wonder people call us crazy :P

I've only ever played in nets, never even tried to play outfield in my life just because I love what I do :D
Sep 2, 2011 9:01 AM

Jan 2011
yeah i think the goalies of any sport are usually the craziest for that reason exactly, and they're usually my favorite in general. i played a little goal when our starter got hurt one game. i didn't play bad, though they got like 4 goals by me, but that team was waaay better than us. i didn't want to play goal at all after that though. i'll just do my tackles and bruise people's shins :D
Sep 7, 2011 6:38 AM

Apr 2011
wow.. entire KHL team wiped out in plane crash, this is officially the worst off season ever

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=587792

some ex-nhl'ers like salei and demitra were on that plane, what a tragedy
Sep 7, 2011 7:16 AM

Jan 2011
holy shit...what in the hell is going on in the hockey world?!! goddamm can the season start already so the madness (hopefully) ends?
Sep 7, 2011 9:07 AM

Aug 2010
I just read about the destiny of Lokomotiv Jaroslav. So sad, may they rest in peace and play lots of ice hockey in heaven.

If someone wants to see some pics from the accident

http://news.mail.ru/incident/6758061/gallery/1113729/

Sep 7, 2011 1:44 PM

Apr 2011
picture of skrastins daughter, so so tragic, i still can't believe it

that plane was supposed to be banned for flight because it was unsafe, russia finally decides to ban the plane that has killed so many... a little too late, here's an article on it: http://deadspin.com/5838024/doomed-lokomotiv-yaroslavl-plane-was-banned-in-europe-due-to-safety-concerns

Sep 7, 2011 1:52 PM

Jan 2011
is anyone asking why couldn't the club charter a safer plane in the first place? i understand that RUS should have banned it, but the club couldn't spend a little extra money on a better plane?

too sad about everyone there, and that picture of skrastins daughter is heartbreaking =(
Sep 7, 2011 2:18 PM

Apr 2011
Russia is just a terrible place, the reason this happened is because they put all their effort in maximizing profits and skimping on safety

They have been using the YAK planes for a few years, and there have been several accidents. It took a disaster of this magnitude for them to finally realize what is important
Sep 7, 2011 11:56 PM

Feb 2009
in russia for a discount on their tickets the passengers themselves conducts pre flight checks.
Sep 8, 2011 6:25 AM

Aug 2010
Yeah, unfortunately there have been many plane crashes in Russia recently, like bbmello said, their equipments and planes are mostly outdated.

Now the president, Medvedev has said that they're going immediately update the equipments and consider more to safety of air traffic. Btw Medvedev seems to be very angry about because this accident.

There's about 138 airline companies in Russia, just funny fact to know.

I have been to several Russian aeroplanes, I can tell you that Rossiya is a very good airline, but oh my gosh Nordavia Regional Airlines is just horrible xD I live close to the airport and I always hear when that plane is landing!

Tsurururururururur
LumikkiSep 8, 2011 6:29 AM

Sep 9, 2011 1:20 PM

Feb 2009
i like how everyone is hyping up the Green Bay vs Saints game......who really cares! i doubt either of those teams will make it to the super bowl again this year anyway. Tho more than likely they will make it to the playoffs.
Sep 9, 2011 8:44 PM

Jul 2010
I care XD im a chicago bears fan and i super hate Packers! and im sure Greg lol thats on here is the same. Us Bears fans and Greenbay Fans are the longest Rival ever in Football History and its one thing us Chicago fans hate the most is to see Greenbay escape from going into Overtime and possible Loss haha. Just makes me half to pull even harder sunday for the Bears to beat Atlanta another awesome Playoff Team Contender from last year. :(

Sep 9, 2011 10:58 PM

Feb 2009
lol I use to be a HC vikings fan, how do you think Mcnabb will fair this year? it seems like the vikings just purposely find the oldest quarterback they can find and throw his ass on the field.
Sep 9, 2011 11:15 PM

Jul 2010
Seriously yall dont have no WRs to throw to other then Decent morel Like the Bears are this year. I think your #1 WR this year is going to be and yet again i dont know why we got rid of him but Bernard Berrian. Chicago was stupid to get rid of him after our SB run and till this day i still think it is stupid why they let him go. But then again your going to be like the bears this year and lions RUN RUN RUN RUN. Peterson is your Key to winning this year. Greenbay is the only Team that has a QB good enough to throw the ball down the field and teams be scared of the passing game. There RBs are not that bad either as for Vikings main threat is Peterson but yall have the Awesome Williams up front to hold anything to me. I know i got off Topic well kinda but with Decent WRs you can look forward to a Decent season only if you can keep people off Mcnabb. Washington really never had a good OLine to keep them off him and give him the time to throw the ball i think. But washington just dug there grave by placing Rex Grossman as there Starting QB. Hes to chicken to get hit and the first time he gets hit pretty hard he will be throwing off his back foot again like he was in Chicago and throwing picks left and right.

Sep 9, 2011 11:21 PM

Jul 2010
oh my yall let go of the William boys :O man your toast they was a scary bunch to half to go through. Jarred Allen is still there tho :) big dude in the D.

Sep 9, 2011 11:25 PM

Feb 2009
yeah who knows what the hell will happen, tho my hopes are not high to begin with.

tho i think the vikings should have won the super bowl instead of the saints. we had what 6 turnovers in that game and still almost won. peterson costed us the game hes a fumble maniac that game jesus.
Sep 9, 2011 11:33 PM

Jul 2010
I say yall wil win 6-9 games this year yall will be in a run for Wild Card sadly i say we will get around 8 wins and be running for a Wild Card but ill let you know more after Sunday lol what the Bears will do. If we play decent against the Falcons then i will say we will make a run to the playoffs if we get our ass handed to us then we are going to have a long season trying to catch a Wild Card spot. Greenbay is going to win our Division if we dont pick up wins where they win. You got Chargers first its about a Even game there and i really think you can win if you play good. There not the best and there not the worst team out there.

Sep 14, 2011 1:08 PM

Aug 2010
Oh the only thing I like to watch is Formula 1 races
my fav drivers are Kamui Kobayashi and Lewis Hamilton :)
other than that I can glue on the tv screen if there is a Figure Skating championship
but I hardly turn the TV on so I haven't seen some FS in a long time
(ง`▽´)ง
Sep 14, 2011 8:56 PM

Jul 2010
I hardly watch TV unless its th weekend or a Thursday night/Monday night football game. Im mostly watching anime but those 3 days Thursday Sunday Monday are the days i watch football XD. I like to catch Hells Kitchen every now and then because its really funny to watch sometimes.

Sep 17, 2011 10:14 PM

Feb 2009
im watching adult swim right now for the first time in a long time. ANYWAY watched most of a college football game for the first time in years today as well lol. watched auburn get pooped on by clemson good game.
Sep 20, 2011 3:57 PM

Apr 2011
Sep 28, 2011 10:21 PM

Apr 2011
one of the greatest nights for baseball i have ever experienced, any one else lucky enough to take this all in?

also, got an MRI on me knee scheduled for next week, hopefully i get good news :)
Sep 29, 2011 3:04 AM

Feb 2009
bbmello said:
one of the greatest nights for baseball i have ever experienced, any one else lucky enough to take this all in?

also, got an MRI on me knee scheduled for next week, hopefully i get good news :)

that sucks hopefully it isnt permanent. and what happened with baseball?
Sep 29, 2011 1:13 PM

Apr 2011
Corsair857 said:
bbmello said:

that sucks hopefully it isnt permanent. and what happened with baseball?

well to keep things simple:

boston had a huge lead for the playoff wildcard race at the beginning of september, and had a late season collapse and by last night they were tied with tampa bay.

red sox were winning last night against the orioles, and if they won they were in the playoffs. orioles came back in the bottom of the 9th and beat boston, so they just need the rays to lose

rays are losing 7-0 to the yankees, and they come back and win 8-7 with a walkoff homerun to vault them into the playoffs

unbelievable, i'm still in shock

one of the greatest baseball nights ever

to put things into perspective, at one point in last nights game:

red sox had a 95% chance of winning
yankees had a 99.7% chance of winning
braves had a 89.9% chance of winning

and they all end up losing
Sep 29, 2011 3:08 PM

Feb 2009
ITS RIGGED!
Oct 11, 2011 7:20 AM

Jan 2011
well i guess my comments on this thread got wiped out too. shit. well sorry about the bears to greg, although i like seeing the Lions FINALLY doing well.

on another note, the caps have won their first two games, but haven't looked too good. their big aquisition Vokoun really struggled last night, tho he came up big in the shootout (which i HATE btw)

btw lumi, did you watch the Helsinki Ducks game?
Oct 11, 2011 11:04 AM

Feb 2009
yeah lol it is nice to see the lions do good they have not been doing good since sanders retired way back when right?
Oct 11, 2011 11:09 AM

Jan 2011
they weren't that good even when he was around. he brought them from a horrible team to a somewhat respectable team.
Oct 11, 2011 11:20 AM

Aug 2010
Unfortunately I didn't watch the actual game bc NHL games are aired on paid channel, so I can just follow games via online newspapers :P But I know that Ducks lost.

Oct 11, 2011 11:24 AM

Aug 2011
after watching that game...part of me wants to but on 25 or 30 pounds and go to tryouts for the bears. i played oline most of my life (all ccfl in my semi pro league) and that was the worst job on fundamentals ive ever see in a pro game...shit would have got me beached in 8th grade. hell, doubt theyll spend any money on help in the off season anyway...just draft backup dlineman

loins are alot better though, doing all the right things
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/GregRocks&sclick=1">

"Gravity is just a myth. Jon Fitch is holding everything down. He's like the opposite of Atlas, he's got the world under his shoulder."
Oct 11, 2011 11:41 AM

Jan 2011
@lumi

you'd think they'd at least broadcast a game being played in their country, with the greatest Finnish player ever participating! seems like it would be kind of a big deal to me, but what do i know? =p

@greg

i think not only is it a fundamental problem on the bears line, but the scheme as well. i posted something like this before the rollback, but they keep noone in for protection for cutler and he doesn't have exactly a Dan Marino quick release to beat the rush either. probably the reason that only Kurt Warner has had success in a Mike Martz offense is of his quick release. and he seems unable to adapt to any other way.
Oct 11, 2011 11:52 AM

Aug 2011
yea, but i have seen them fail with max protection. its expected when they bring more that you can block (i heard martz doesnt have hot routes in case of blitz's...if so hes retarded). but they're losing the one on one battles. foot work is as ugly as i can remember seeing in a long time. bad first steps are killing them, even in the run game. i remember seeing them get beat on down blocking every time. thats from either coaching and not having enough talent to pull those guys out. i try not judge pro athletes but that shit was ridiculous.

"Gravity is just a myth. Jon Fitch is holding everything down. He's like the opposite of Atlas, he's got the world under his shoulder."
Oct 11, 2011 8:14 PM

Jan 2011
i dont know if technically martz has hot routes or not, haven't heard that discussed, but it sure looked like they were tons of them back in the Warner/Rams days. of course that could have just been Kurt.

as far as the technique you're mentioning...i wonder if it's part psyche. i mean to get to the NFL these guys have to be elite. they certainly know how to do these things. i wonder if all this time of giving up sacks and hits if it hasn't crept into their head that "we can't do this" and it's affecting them that way. you always hear about "the culture of losing" and i think it may be the same way when it comes to this. you think you can't do it, so therefore you can't/won't/don't.

idk, just a theory =D
Oct 11, 2011 8:44 PM

May 2011
I'm not a big sports fan, personally...
I was on the soccer team in high school, but I didn't stay long lol
was given the goalie position and then almost died
needless to say, they replaced me &gt;.&lt;

mostly, I'll watch whatever's on if it's on, but I don't go out of my way to see it lol
Oct 11, 2011 10:42 PM

Apr 2008
I've been into martial arts since i was a kid. my dad is a prominent karate instructor so i learned from him and his dojo when i was 7 for 2 years.
then when i moved away from my dad and came to america, we couldn't find any good legit karate places around, so i settled for tae kwon do. Did that for the next 6 years. got my second degree black belt in my closet somewhere... haha
eventually i stopped stopped going to practice when i picked up highschool wrestling with a few of my friends. i was in the 138 lb weight class. that was actually a lot of fun. due to my martial arts background though, i wasnt much of a shooter. i was more of a thrower, if you guys know what i mean.
and now in college, though i don't wrestle anymore, i visit my school's jiujitsu club a lot. thats a pretty cool sport. reminds me a lot of wrestling since its everything to do with submissions and whatnot.

also, i'm a football (soccer) fanatic. over european leagues though, namely spanish league. yea, Barcelona woot!!! hahaha
Oct 11, 2011 10:56 PM

Feb 2009
wow dont know of many schools with a jiujitsu club lol they should just tackle you and make you tap out upon entry
Oct 11, 2011 11:03 PM

Apr 2008
haha im sure they would, but one of my good friends is the student assistant instructor for the jiujitsu club here. so they tend to treat me relatively nicely hahaha. nice to have connections, no? =D
Oct 12, 2011 2:45 AM

Aug 2011
haha you hit it right on the head bill. theirs not that big of a difference in talent between the best teams and the worst teams. 90% is all mental, thats why you can see a team change coaches and do much better with almost the same personal. im confident that the chicago oline has heard what ppl are saying and with done, which never works. a sports physiologist i saw once said you play you best when your mind shuts down and you body just reacts on its own. you practice so much that the steps and such are trained into your body as second nature.

@nv

ive done some sub grappling myself. used to wrestle when i was younger and transitioned to no gi at a mma camp my friend was at. its pretty fun, ill try to join a club when i transfer to my new school

Oct 12, 2011 9:19 AM

Apr 2008
@greg, yea grappling is cool too. one of my high school wrestling teammates went on to grappling in college and now he's won several northeast region championships. then again, he works his ass off for it lol. what i wanna get into next, hopefully start before i graduate college, is wing chun kung fu. you guys might know it better though as what bruce lee was taught throughout his life before he went on to become awesome lol. my dad knows people in the field and it seems like a pretty efficient fighting style.
Oct 12, 2011 2:40 PM

Aug 2011
yeah ive heard of it, a guy in the ufc came from it. whenever i find the time i was invited to train krav maga with a friend of mine. i only wrestled till my freshman year then got into judo and bjj. haha i was great at greco roman but yea...also had football "workouts" all year so i was mainly worried about keeping my weight up for that. rolled with a guy that beat Hermes franca in a bjj match.

Oct 15, 2011 8:12 PM

May 2008
i am predicting that tomorrow will be the Lion's first loss of the season because they are playing my Niners and we ARE going to kick some ASS!!!!! (yeah, i said "we" like i'm really part of the team, lol) :)
Oct 16, 2011 2:03 PM

May 2008
i called it and it happened!!!! yeah NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 16, 2011 5:00 PM

Jan 2011
yeah and nice scuffle at the end of the game with the coaches hahaha! that was great. i think schwartz seemed to overreact and he was probably upset about losing, but whatever, great win katey.
my team on the other hand lost to the damn eagles. blech...mostly because of 4 interceptions. looks like we'll have a new qb in washington.
on a sad note, Dan Wheldon, a great Indy Car driver was killed in a horrific crash today. i feel awful about it. i'm not really a huge race fan, but i remember him being such an affable guy and seemed so friendly. and every other driver seemed to love him. sad sad day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2PMUNsuZWA
EDIT:found a better vid
Oct 16, 2011 6:01 PM

May 2008
wow i just saw that 5 lap tribute and i was almost crying. i found a video of the crash here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOsZtDyr6Ls
not a racing fan but it's always sad to lose someone like that
Oct 16, 2011 6:35 PM

Jan 2011
i'm not ashamed to say i was in tears watching it. if you're not moved by that in some way, you have a heart of stone
Oct 16, 2011 7:02 PM

May 2008
well i had tears in my eyes and i got choked up but i wasn't bawling.
Oct 16, 2011 8:29 PM

Feb 2009
i was choked up but that was because of marijuana not really sadness....
Oct 17, 2011 10:14 AM

Aug 2011
@bill

im still a grossman fan so i was hoping he could take the skins to the playoffs lol

Oct 17, 2011 12:04 PM

Feb 2009
it seems like a lot of teams are having a hard time picking which quarterback they want to start.......kinda weird if you ask me.
Oct 17, 2011 12:45 PM

May 2008
well i admit that i couldn't figure out why in the hell the Niners kept playing Alex Smith!! the guys sucked so bad that it was very frustrating to watch my team lose almost every week. at least he's somewhat proving himself this year. i still have some doubts but so far so good
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (23) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What Are You Listening to? + All About the Music! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Corsair857 - Jun 2, 2011

3583 by Elanin »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:31 AM

Sticky: » Hi!I am... :) ~ Introductions ~ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Mar 12, 2011

5705 by tamilanime »»
Jun 19, 2022 4:05 AM

Sticky: » Administrators' lounge [closed for members] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Aug 22, 2011

361 by Lotus97 »»
Jun 17, 2022 12:02 PM

» [GAME] You're Banned! v. 7.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Uuh - Dec 12, 2015

8529 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 4:21 AM

» [GAME] First Thing That Pops Up In Your Mind V. 3.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Arianna - Mar 20, 2016

3543 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.