Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (112) « First ... « 110 111 [112]
Feb 23, 2017 12:36 PM
Feb 2009
Started Drifters, still watching Kenshin as well.
Feb 23, 2017 1:34 PM

Jul 2015
Started Jojo. Gotta love the cheesiness and +1 for Roundabout ED

Feb 27, 2017 8:33 AM

Oct 2011
Saw Gundam 8th MS Team. I thought it was good and finished the series pretty quick. Think its worth a watch for any gundam fans.

@ODJ: Yea, tried to use Crunchyroll to watch Gintama and it was unbearably slow. I also use Funimation and Hulu but they dont all have the same titles.

@Talon: Having troubles finishing accel even though I only have 3 episodes left, just lost interest lol. I flew through Dragonball but its going to take me a bit to finish DBZ. Never seen Yugioh but I might get around to it eventually and speaking of rewatching I relived Samuria Champloo recently and its great because I liked it even more the second time around.
Feb 27, 2017 9:07 AM

Dec 2014
Gintama. the arc gets better and better
Feb 27, 2017 7:54 PM

Jan 2012
KamikazeNinja said:
Saw Gundam 8th MS Team. I thought it was good and finished the series pretty quick. Think its worth a watch for any gundam fans.

Reminds me that I need to get to watching more Gundam shows. The last one I completed was Unicorn back in 2014 and other than that one I only got through 00 (minus the movie) and 8th MS Team. 8th MS Team was pretty solid, especially with the aesthetics and whatnot.
Mar 2, 2017 9:43 AM

Oct 2011
StyleF1re said:
KamikazeNinja said:

Reminds me that I need to get to watching more Gundam shows. The last one I completed was Unicorn back in 2014 and other than that one I only got through 00 (minus the movie) and 8th MS Team. 8th MS Team was pretty solid, especially with the aesthetics and whatnot.

I've only seen the newer Gundams as well. Unicorn is on my list along with Zeta, Victory, G Gundam, Gundam ZZ and Gundam X. I've wanted to watch Gundam X for quite sometime, but I can't find a reliable source.
Mar 3, 2017 10:55 PM

Jan 2012
KamikazeNinja said:
I've only seen the newer Gundams as well. Unicorn is on my list along with Zeta, Victory, G Gundam, Gundam ZZ and Gundam X. I've wanted to watch Gundam X for quite sometime, but I can't find a reliable source.

Unicorn was probably the most polished out of the ones I've seen or tried going through. Unfortunately it had more melodrama than I would've liked. So yeah, hopefully we find more stuff here and especially in this genre. Hard task though when I've essentially been spoiled by LotGH and some Macross installments to name a few.

Anyway, getting back in line with this thread I've been going crazy with some 90s series like Mizuiro Jidai and Saint Tail to name a few. All I can say is that Japan really knew what was good back then! I mean, they still know what's good (big salute to 3-gatsu no Lion and the Rakugo sequel) but the stuff I'm seeing with these shows from decades back is something else...
May 29, 2017 6:26 PM

Oct 2011
finished my yugioh rewatch. twas great

Jun 1, 2017 2:40 AM

Jan 2012
Wow. Didn't realize you broke such a long drought for posts there @talonbone . Heck, it's been well over a year already since I've played YGO with actual cards. I guess after playing so long it finally wore me down. Been thinking of playing again, but unfortunately uncertainty with my life's direction, work on the weekends, and future ambitions have me fighting that thought. Anyway, the show itself will always have its nostalgia, though I do maintain that the show is a bad example for playing competitive YGO. Situational plays and poor card choices litter that wasteland of a show. Exodia is seriously some of the hottest garbage out there!

As for what I'm watching... I dunno! Even my list can't really tell me what I'm watching. I will just give a salute to the people involved in both Natsume's sixth season and that Sakura Quest anime.
Jun 4, 2017 10:11 PM

Oct 2011
Time for an update on my anime experience. Rewatched K-on a few weeks ago and I've been listening to the OST ever since. Saw BanG Dream, K-on knock off, it was alright. Also went ahead and finished Beck, it's been on my ptw list for awhile. I've been watching anime about rock bands lately. Put Detroit Metal City on my ptw, don't know if I'll like it or not. Looks promising according the MAL ratings.
Jun 4, 2017 10:13 PM

Oct 2014
I'm currently Nichijou and Allison & Lillian. Nichijou is pretty decent but Allison & Lillian is pretty boring.
Jun 6, 2017 8:00 AM

Apr 2011
Has anyone else gotten stuck in a rut lately? I have a lot of anime that I'm cw that I can't get motivated to actually...watch . Like Kemono no Souja Erin...I like it but I just feel so lazy. I started watching OP at the end of last year but recently fell off - now I'm reading the manga instead. I'm also one of those people that watches like 10 shows at once because I get bored. Like, how did I have patience for 300 episodes of OP but not a shorter, better paced anime?
Jun 6, 2017 6:18 PM

Apr 2013
still adding more PTW/CW than actually watching episodes >.<

I'm towards the end of Mushishi S1, and recently started Minami-ke (which is effin' hilarious)
Jun 10, 2017 1:27 AM

Oct 2011
space-bear said:
Has anyone else gotten stuck in a rut lately? I have a lot of anime that I'm cw that I can't get motivated to actually...watch . Like Kemono no Souja Erin...I like it but I just feel so lazy. I started watching OP at the end of last year but recently fell off - now I'm reading the manga instead. I'm also one of those people that watches like 10 shows at once because I get bored. Like, how did I have patience for 300 episodes of OP but not a shorter, better paced anime?

I get stuck in a rut every couple weeks now. I find 3 or 4 anime that I can actually watch, finish them pretty quick, then run out of shows that I want to watch. When I first seriously got into anime there was nothing I couldn't watch, but now I've become ungratefully picky. Also feels like there's been a shift in the type of anime that's put out now so that I can't find as many interesting shows as I used to. 300+ episodes seems to be the magic number where I loose interest on long running anime. Don't know if I'll ever be able to finish OP, lol.
Jun 11, 2017 8:14 PM

Apr 2011
KamikazeNinja said:
space-bear said:

I get stuck in a rut every couple weeks now. I find 3 or 4 anime that I can actually watch, finish them pretty quick, then run out of shows that I want to watch. When I first seriously got into anime there was nothing I couldn't watch, but now I've become ungratefully picky. Also feels like there's been a shift in the type of anime that's put out now so that I can't find as many interesting shows as I used to. 300+ episodes seems to be the magic number where I loose interest on long running anime. Don't know if I'll ever be able to finish OP, lol.
That's too sad but I know what you mean. :( Maybe it's because we are older and a lot of anime is directed at kids/teens. My problem is that I have this huuuge list of anime that I want to watch but like..when it comes to actually watching them I'm just like, meh. I'm trying to rewatch some old favorites and see if that gets me motivated. btw did you ever try reading OP? I have read 39 volumes now and I prefer it over the anime.
Jun 13, 2017 1:35 AM

Jan 2012
@space-bear
After 6+ years of watching at least five episodes per week I finally broke that streak. Although I know of people who have my number in their primes, I'm amazed at how I was once able to average 40-50 episodes a week back between 2011 up until probably 2014. Once I started refining my art for dropping anime everything all went sideways. Anyway, I haven't watched anything in nine days. The whole thing about our age and the target demographic for anime in general is real and I can confirm that from hard experience!

@KamikazeNinja
Damn. I'm pretty picky myself too. But yeah, like athletes we have to compensate for declining energy and sheer ability with greater skill, technique, and discipline. Life also tends to catch up with us as we age too...
Jul 23, 2017 5:39 PM

Oct 2011
@Space-bear
Tried reading manga a few times, didn't get into it. I think I'd like it more if I had the hard copies instead of trying to read manga online. To me it's frustrating to keep scrolling and it hurts my eyes. Yea 2011-2013 was when I was anime crazy watching everything I could get my hands on. My day usually consisted of eating breakfast, watching anime, eating lunch, watching anime, eating dinner, watching anime, and somewhere in there I'd smoke a couple bowls. Haha, man I miss those days.

@StyleFire
I know what your talking about with life catching up. My eyes hurt now if I watch too much animu.

Been watching Naruto Shipuuden for the past few weeks. Trying to finish the series since it ended. They're making it difficult with a the all the dam jumping around and what not.
Jul 23, 2017 7:44 PM

Apr 2011
KamikazeNinja said:
@Space-bear
Tried reading manga a few times, didn't get into it. I think I'd like it more if I had the hard copies instead of trying to read manga online. To me it's frustrating to keep scrolling and it hurts my eyes. Yea 2011-2013 was when I was anime crazy watching everything I could get my hands on. My day usually consisted of eating breakfast, watching anime, eating lunch, watching anime, eating dinner, watching anime, and somewhere in there I'd smoke a couple bowls. Haha, man I miss those days.

@StyleFire
I know what your talking about with life catching up. My eyes hurt now if I watch too much animu.

Been watching Naruto Shipuuden for the past few weeks. Trying to finish the series since it ended. They're making it difficult with a the all the dam jumping around and what not.

I've gotten out of my rut since posting last and I just wanna say the public library has become my best friend when it comes to reading manga. Online scans are super convenient, but you're right, it's not the same as holding the comic in your hand. and lol 2011-2013 were my prime weeb years as well
Jul 24, 2017 2:26 AM

Jan 2012
@KamikazeNinja
Gotta include that "1" (in the username) if you really want my attention! You're lucky that tonight out of all nights I was actually looking to dance around in this club. But getting back on topic, I've been getting back up to speed around 20 eps/week, which is pretty good when considering how I dump my time into sim-racing nowadays. I can easily lose hours trying to get a car around a track, and then around the track fast...

Have fun though with catching up there!

@space-bear
Definitely some solid years to be in our primes! Heck, looking back on those years the releases were pretty solid themselves. Can't believe those Madoka movies aired almost five years ago. And Steins;Gate nearly six! Where in the heck has time and anime gone since?
Aug 15, 2017 6:25 PM

Oct 2011
finished prince of tennis, naruto shippuden, and caught up to one piece
prince of tennis was aight, decent enough. naruto will always be top 5. amazing

Aug 21, 2017 2:47 AM

Sep 2009
Rewatching One Piece ^_^
"My feelings are like the approaching summer clouds - growing bigger and accumulating, sometimes bringing rain."
Nov 15, 2017 12:46 PM

Sep 2017
Finally got into Monogatari, a show for fast readers apparently ^^
It's really weird, a bit funny, kinda smart. I don't get it entirely, but I find it rather good.
Nov 20, 2017 9:49 AM

Oct 2017
I just got done watching the newest episode of The Ancient Magus Bride, so now I'm relaxing with an episode of Gintama (I recently started watching it, so I'm only at ep. 30...). I plan on finishing Baccano! Which I started watching yesterday. It was a bit confusing in the beginning, but i'm starting to get more into it now.
Nov 21, 2017 7:38 PM

Oct 2011
_Ask_ said:
I just got done watching the newest episode of The Ancient Magus Bride, so now I'm relaxing with an episode of Gintama (I recently started watching it, so I'm only at ep. 30...). I plan on finishing Baccano! Which I started watching yesterday. It was a bit confusing in the beginning, but i'm starting to get more into it now.
baccano started really confusing for me and kinda felt like a chore at times. but toward the end it kinda comes together
and gintama will forever be one of my all time favorites since its so damn funny. i think after ep 30 is when it really becomes good so youre basically starting it now. good luck

Nov 25, 2017 9:30 PM

Feb 2011
_Ask_ said:

Baccano takes a little bit for pieces to start connecting up. Everything given to you through the series tells a decent story, but it's presented in such a way that makes have to piece some bits together as you go and builds to a larger finale. Honestly, I really enjoyed it. Once you kinda get into the flow of things, it's great.

And, right now I'm working through Anohana, Made in Abyss, and Natsume Yuujinchou.
Dec 4, 2017 3:33 PM
Sep 2014
Just finished Made in the Abyss. Really really good. Probably my favorite ost's of this year.
Dec 7, 2017 3:41 AM

Dec 2014
rewatched nge recently, as well as the first 2 gits movies.
just finished watching swiss army man (not an anime, lol)
honestly not sure of what to watch next
(っ◔◡◔)っ just on my dumb shit
Dec 7, 2017 3:41 AM

Dec 2014
oh, i'm partway through the digimon tri series FOR THE NOSTALGIA
(っ◔◡◔)っ just on my dumb shit
Jan 8, 2018 9:35 PM

Oct 2011
Anilapse said:
rewatched nge recently, as well as the first 2 gits movies.
just finished watching swiss army man (not an anime, lol)
honestly not sure of what to watch next

i watched GTE pretty recently too. still as good as i remember
i see you like 90s stuff. im the same way, living in the past

right now im watching saint seiya and so far its really good. its got everything i want in an anime. heavy fights with little plot, the power of friendship to overcome hardships, and plotholes that dont matter cause the fights are great. those shounens are my absolute favorite

Mar 3, 2018 3:44 AM

Feb 2011
I just started Ore Monogatari!! a little bit ago since I've seen it recommended a few places when looking for romance stuff. It seems really cute so far and, even if it wasn't a romance series, I feel like Takeo is a likable enough character to keep me going with it.
May 15, 2018 6:17 PM

Jul 2014
mentaza said:
I just started Ore Monogatari!! a little bit ago since I've seen it recommended a few places when looking for romance stuff. It seems really cute so far and, even if it wasn't a romance series, I feel like Takeo is a likable enough character to keep me going with it.

I really need to finish that series! Thanks for the reminder.

I've been watching Amaama to Inazuma. Lately I've been really in to the "single dad raising a kid on his own" trope.
May 15, 2018 11:48 PM

Feb 2011
I'm going back through Natsume Yuujinchou with a friend. We just hit the third season tonight.
But, on my own, I've been watching Brother, Dear Brother as well. I'm only about halfway through it and for some reason I really love it. There's definitely an aspect to it that just screams early 90's soap opera and it's amazing for that.
May 16, 2018 3:39 PM

Nov 2012
Just watching Canaan

Sep 2, 2018 12:51 PM

Mar 2016
I'm watching 44 anime, I should finish a few of them. XD

Sep 2, 2018 10:26 PM

Aug 2008
Or maybe it's a good time to pick up a 45th
Sep 4, 2018 2:53 PM
Jul 2015
I'm watching x-men(1992) and starting with Devil May Cry
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (112) « First ... « 110 111 [112]

More topics from this board

» What Are You Listening to? + All About the Music! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Corsair857 - Jun 2, 2011

3583 by Elanin »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:31 AM

Sticky: » Hi!I am... :) ~ Introductions ~ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Mar 12, 2011

5705 by tamilanime »»
Jun 19, 2022 4:05 AM

Sticky: » Administrators' lounge [closed for members] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Aug 22, 2011

361 by Lotus97 »»
Jun 17, 2022 12:02 PM

» [GAME] You're Banned! v. 7.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Uuh - Dec 12, 2015

8529 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 4:21 AM

» [GAME] First Thing That Pops Up In Your Mind V. 3.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Arianna - Mar 20, 2016

3543 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.