Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 5, 2011 11:29 PM

Nov 2008
Omniknight said:

However, everyone who thinks he is suddenly a freak are rather insensitive too.. People cope with death of a loved one in many ways.
Jintan's method of coping was to hallucinate.

No Jintas method was shutting out the world. That is likely some form of Menma as shes seen opening doors in her own house .. knocking over glasses , causing weight on Anaru , and Poppo felt her too. Jinta , tries to shut everything out and became a shut in nearly. thats how he delt. "well why can only he see Menma" I have my ideas but likely similar to most other peoples.
May 5, 2011 11:34 PM

Jan 2011
Judging from the comments, I have derived three conclusions:

1. Yukiatsu does some weird *$$ SH*T.
2. Tsunderé Tsuruko is still Tsuper Tsexy.
3. Menma goes schizo.

HNNNG. Hurry up UTW subs. I gotta get my Ano Hana Fix and I won't settle for any other typeset or subgroup DX.
Everything needs more fanservice. Especially real life.
May 5, 2011 11:39 PM

Apr 2010
The ED always gets to me no matter how many times I watch it, same with the OP.

This was a great episode and I can't wait for next week. I wanna see how the gang handles Yukiatsu and how he reacts and overcomes all that he's going through. But in the end I know it'll somehow bring the group closer together. And that's worth watching.

I've already given this show a 10 for a rating. There's no questioning it.

May 5, 2011 11:48 PM
Sep 2007
There is still hope for anime.

Anyway, I like Tsuruko and Yukiatsu even more now.
May 5, 2011 11:56 PM

Mar 2010
This episode was just great, I don't mind the pacing though. Seems about right to me. :)
Damn Yukiatsu...>.> I knew he was the 'fake' Menma.
The next episode is just going to have a hell of a lot more emotional depth than this one and I can't wait. :D
This is by far one of my favorite series this season. <3

Oh and I'm totally rooting for JintaXNaruko, though it would be nice to see JintaXMenma, but sadly that can't happen. :(
May 5, 2011 11:57 PM

Nov 2010
well.. i didnt see that one coming with yukiatsu..
May 6, 2011 12:04 AM

Mar 2010
Ohh I'm so loving the ED. It's just so sweet.
This was a great episode. Freak or not, it makes for a good episode.
My Blog: Due2Life

May 6, 2011 12:05 AM

Jul 2007
Why is taking Jintan so long to confess? Didn't he go running for Menma at the end of Episode One because he wanted to do what he didn't have the courage to do so long ago?

I get the feeling that this won't be done until the last few episodes, but then I feel like they shouldn't have made her disappearance such a HUGE deal to him in the first episode. I don't feel like he's making any considerable progress and that there's nothing holding him back from confessing but him at the moment. And everyone else has issues that they're learning to confront from Jintan's/Menma's "intervention" in their lives right now.

But, I really think he needs to confess and get it over with already. This show is not a focus on romance, so I feel like there'd be a lot more to see/do even after that point. :)

On a side note,
Ani-BlastMay 6, 2011 12:24 AM
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
May 6, 2011 12:07 AM

Mar 2011
i love the sound design, it knows how to play with my emotions. Another great episode
May 6, 2011 12:09 AM

Jul 2007
ZetaZeta said:
Obviously he has repressed homolust for Jinta, and was always jealous of Menma to a point where he wanted to BE her.

ROFL...but I don't know if you could be right just yet... O3O
Ani-BlastMay 6, 2011 12:23 AM
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
May 6, 2011 12:12 AM

Nov 2007
Yumekichi11 said:

Wow... speechless.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 6, 2011 12:27 AM
May 2010
"let's pee together"
I just don't know what to say to that menma....

As for Yukiatsu, I kinda feel sorry for him. I wonder how he would explain this
May 6, 2011 12:38 AM

Jan 2009
So, Menma stumbled and fell into the river.
And I'm kinda starting to dislike Yukiatsu. I tried not disliking him, but nope, that's not possible.
I more or less like the rest of the people in the show though.
Like Anaru and Tsuruko <3

On pretty unrelated note, I didn't notice before, but I approve of that one cup in the last screen of the ED that has the Swedish flag on it. I do kinda find it completely random though.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 6, 2011 12:50 AM

May 2011
I actually think that Yuki might like Jintan romantically and was jealous of Menma. If that is the case, I kinda feel bad for him. Though, I think this is highly unlikely xD
May 6, 2011 1:10 AM

Sep 2009
Oh that Yukiatsu. I really want to know what happens next after what everyone saw.
May 6, 2011 1:46 AM

Nov 2007
Gosh, Yukiatsu really does have issues. I wonder what everyone'll have to say about it next week. The preview didn't really give any hints this time.

And ugh, I wanted Menma to pick up that coffee cup unsuspectingly, so that everyone would be shocked. It'll happen eventually I hope.
amayadoriMay 6, 2011 1:51 AM

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
May 6, 2011 1:53 AM

Dec 2009
The only reason that I can see to reveal Yukiatsu this early is to set up for some intense character growth. I would go so far as to say that at the end, we will probably feel sympathetic towards Yukiatsu.

If Ano Hana can pull that off, then I will have the utmost respect for the writers and this team that has blessed with such a masterpiece.

Oh yeah, and Tsuroku's character is redeemed here, although I'm not sure what would be the cause of it. Perhaps there really is more to her than meets the eye, coughcansheseeMenmacough.
invaznMay 6, 2011 1:57 AM
May 6, 2011 2:01 AM

Sep 2009
LOL DAMN you yukiatsu .......
May 6, 2011 2:36 AM

Feb 2010
Yukiatsu little secret is out^^
May 6, 2011 2:41 AM

Sep 2008
lol, I actually felt sorry for Yukiatsu at the end. So damn embarrassing.

Another great episode. 5/5
May 6, 2011 2:44 AM

Apr 2008
oo it got better =D

May 6, 2011 2:54 AM
Nov 2008
Yukiatsu.......O.O...oh LOLOLOLOLOL....
I kinda felt sorry for the poor crosdresser when they saw him...that was embarassing for him...Guess he suffered very much in his own way too.
I kinda like Tsuruko now...she is actually sharp and smart.Anaru is cute and has a cool sense of fashion,Poppo is funny and so kind and Jintan is....the guy that can see and talk to ghosts....we got Yukiatsu who's the personal team freak...i luv all the characters in this :X
May 6, 2011 3:25 AM
Nov 2009
hahah busted yukiatsu! good thing i waited 4 episodes before i started watching this. one of the best anime this season, can't wait to see their reaction to his crossdressing. 5/5
May 6, 2011 3:49 AM

Apr 2009
Jintan's pretty damn fit for a shut-in.
May 6, 2011 3:54 AM

Jan 2009
SteelMaverick said:
Jintan's pretty damn fit for a shut-in.
Well, being a shut-in doesn't necessarily mean you never exercise. Who knows, he might just have a gym in the basement or something. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 6, 2011 4:30 AM

Jul 2009
I absolutely adore this show, but there is just one thing REAAAALLY bugging me.

Clearly, Menma can interact with her environment. She could quite easily pick something up, write on a piece of paper or something to show that she is there. I don't know if it's just a matter of time until this happens, but if it doesn't, I think giving Menma the ability to interact may be a big flaw.

Anyway, apart from that one nitpick that may or may not be answered later, this is definitely my favorite show this season.

Poppo for character of the century.
May 6, 2011 4:30 AM

Aug 2009
Left me hanging at the edge of my seat, eyes glued to the screen.
That was great. Tsuruko's really good for thinking of that plan. Liking her.
It amuses me how cross dressing Yukiatsu shows himself when Poppo is peeing even though earlier than that, everyone was outside.
May 6, 2011 4:34 AM

Apr 2008
I'm betting Yukiatsu liked Menma when they were children too, that's why he's always resented Jintan.

Yeh Menma can interact with her environment I don't see why Jinta doesn't just prove her existence to the rest of them by making her pick things up.
May 6, 2011 4:44 AM

Dec 2008
Now we're getting somewhere. Really can't wait to see how this plays out.
May 6, 2011 5:14 AM

Feb 2011
So he can shave his legs, but he can't do anything about the manly body part..
May 6, 2011 5:37 AM

Jul 2010
Wow Yukiatsu. Just wow. Saying Jintan is the one that's obsessed with her while you yourself are cross-dressing as her. Now who it pitiful huh? I'm curious on how they are going to react to this and how he is going to talk himself out of this. >.<

Another thing that has been going around in my mind is that why Menma's "ghost" doesn't just make herself apparent? She could've just picked up the coffee and everybody would've seen the floating coffee cup right? Some already noted that they felt weight on them when she was clinging to them. =P

Anaru is just too good. I really hope Jintan and her will get together somehow. And I hope she'll leave her current "friends" as well because they're such bitches!
OnyxthegreatMay 6, 2011 5:46 AM

May 6, 2011 5:47 AM

Sep 2009
apatch3 said:
I'm betting Yukiatsu liked Menma when they were children too
Its pretty much obvious already that he likes her.

I want to steal Anaru's closet!
Oh Yukiatsu-- I do pity you. It seems like he wanted someone to find out about his Menma obsession or he wanted to talk about it with everyone.
Menma has to interact with others and if the show doesn't show that, then indeed it will be a big flaw.
Cannot help but ship MenmaXJintan <3
May 6, 2011 5:59 AM

Jul 2009
Omniknight said:
However, everyone who thinks he is suddenly a freak are rather insensitive too.. People cope with death of a loved one in many ways.

I'm not one of the people who have started calling him a freak, but I have to point out that he would be far easier to sympathise with if he wasn't such a dick about things.

Anyway, I agree with the people who are a little surprised that the crossdressing theory was right. I mean, yeah, the evidence was there, but I wasn't sure that they'd go through with something that might put off some viewers like that.

Not much else to say, really. I very much enjoyed this episode, eagerly awaiting the next.
If any of my posts seem odd, it's probably because I'm tired. Sorry. I have sleeping issues.
May 6, 2011 6:30 AM

Jun 2009
It was embarassing and disturbing to see Yukiatsu in Menma's dress at the end. I just had to close my eyes haha.
Im surprised that I like Tsuruko more. I hope she stays like this and not change.

May 6, 2011 7:19 AM

Jan 2011
Even though Yukiatsu's a little bit sharp in criticizing people but I really feel sorry for him. His love towards Memma is really.. intense.
May 6, 2011 7:20 AM

Aug 2010
Haha, nice episode. The cross-dressing wasn't such a big surprise, imo.

May 6, 2011 7:24 AM

Jun 2008
guanhian said:
Even though Yukiatsu's a little bit sharp in criticizing people but I really feel sorry for him. His love towards Memma is really.. intense.

Agreed! im officially now a Yukiatsu fan! he had balls to dress as Menma;) The guy needs some love and understanding. all he needs is a big hug and support from his friends to get over Menma´s loss XD

Well maybe he really liked to crossdress XDdo i feel some homolust?

And loved the Anaru x Jintan moment:) Anaru x Jintan ftw.
OrulyonMay 6, 2011 7:41 AM

ワンダーランド花 ♥

May 6, 2011 7:26 AM

Feb 2011
OMG Yukiatsu! what kind of clothes do you have in your closet!? 8D
really enjoyed this episode and now I have to wait another week for the next one, I want more! this anime is so good <3
May 6, 2011 8:14 AM

Jun 2009
Oh so it was Yukiatsu after all, kinda dissapointing that it was the most obvious. But anyway, Tsuruko is love. <3
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 6, 2011 8:15 AM
Apr 2010
At first I thought Jintan is the one with the biggest problems: he dropped out of school and lives like a hikkikomori because of Menmas dead. (BTW why does his father accpt living that way?)
But now when you have a deeper look, Yukiatsu is even more sensitive as I thought. Maybe he has gotten used to be such harsh and snide to paper over the cracks. But now that all know about his "little hobby" maybe he will continue to develop himself.

Luckily for Yukiatsu only his "friends" saw him masquerade as Menma...
For example if Anarus classmates have seen him that way, he will have a hard time in his life.
May 6, 2011 8:23 AM
Feb 2011
Awesome episode.
And this show has the best OP/ED songs this season for sure. The timing for the ED song in this episode was perfect.
May 6, 2011 8:42 AM

May 2009
HE IS WEARING RITSU'S HEARBAND >:U

DAMN YOU YUKIATSU
May 6, 2011 8:45 AM

Apr 2009
So the speculah was true after all.

I just hope the show not to become all about crossdressing and things like that, it'd be creepy.

Anyway, sometimes I wish for Menma to really show herself to the public, by moving objects or things like that. But sometimes I don't - wonder what will be actually better for the plot.

Love the show's unpredictability, anyway.
May 6, 2011 8:56 AM
Dec 2007
Great ep once again and fantastic character developments.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
May 6, 2011 9:34 AM

Jul 2010
-Arthur said:
That's one of the ugliest cross dressing I ever saw in anime...

This.
Ugly and Creepy. someone should slap him for doing this. lol

Awesome episode.

though i still think Jinta is an idiot. when he wants everyone to believe that he can see menma then why not prove it. maybe he will in the end of the story.
May 6, 2011 9:39 AM

Nov 2008
Ani-Blast said:

On a side note,

If that happens, I'll be happy, b/c that would mean that Jinta x Menma will happen. I love those two together. As for Yukiatsu..I just feel bad for him. He must of really loved Menma, but to go this far.... I hope he redeems himself, b/c I think he's a good guy..he's just struggling more than others and showing it in odd ways. As for Tsuruko, I liked her from the beginning and this episode showed me exactly why she's so awesome. And Poppo was awesome as always, making Menma feel better without him knowing is always a plus. Looking forward to the next episode
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

May 6, 2011 9:53 AM

May 2010
Fail troll attempt is fail.

Anyway, great episode again and Popo always made me chuckle. xD

The OP and ED are growing in me. <3
May 6, 2011 10:00 AM

Aug 2008
Looks like the cross-dressing theory came true. It would have more of an impact on me if I wasn't expecting it.
I'm curious to see how this would play out in the next ep.
May 6, 2011 10:01 AM

Aug 2010
I bet Yukiatsu will somehow deny everything in the next episode in some obviously fake way to try and cover up his obsession.

Oh and more Anaru x Jintan please.
May 6, 2011 10:15 AM

Apr 2011
I wasn't really shocked at the crossdressing but I kinda was when I saw it was Yukiatsu.
Now to wait another seven days :/. Just hope it'll be JintanxMenma, really don't want that hypocrite to be with him lol.
Haruhi is Haruhi, and no one but Haruhi!

Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xity - Apr 28, 2011

319 by Grimenio »»
Apr 28, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

1236 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2011

387 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2011

327 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2011

422 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 6:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.