Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Mar 20, 2017 11:57 AM

Nov 2015
Just realized that this anime is hilarious AF with a epic thrilling cliffhanger story!!

Really enjoyed MC, very few MC have such potention!!!

Red headed girl SHIPPED confirm xD

Mar 20, 2017 1:14 PM

May 2013
LOL RUKA IS TOO KAWAII WHO CARES. I bet he likes Okarin HUEHUEHUE. They'd be adorbs ;A;

I'm loving how crazy Okarin is btw <3
Kokoro_KotashimaMar 20, 2017 1:24 PM
Apr 14, 2017 6:52 AM

Nov 2015
Basically this episode is mainly about looking for IBN 5100... which fortunately succeeded!!!

First..
Okarin (to Mayuri) said:
Daru is just like the universe -- continually expanding.

and then..
Okarin (to Kurisu) said:
Ignorance is bliss, as they say.
XDDDDDD

Rewatching for the 4th time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2017 1:38 PM

Nov 2015
[Rewatch - BD version]

It makes me chuckle all the references to... well, let's just say that it makes so much sense. Remember we are watching a time travel anime, jeje.
Apr 13, 2018 10:01 PM

Feb 2011
Kurisu time-travel trauma due her father was too cliche.
Aug 13, 2018 11:11 AM

Aug 2017
Okarin and Kurisu are so damn funny together. They found the IBN 5100 very fast.

'The universe is like Daru - infinitely expanding' LMAO

4/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 25, 2018 2:10 AM

Mar 2016
Ignorance is bliss indeed Okabe... I wonder how Kurisu will react to the fact that Ruka is a guy!

According to the Wikipedia, IBM 5100 IBN 5100 is about 24 kg. And the way that Kurisu and Okabe carry that PC is very inconvenient and dangerous, imagine dropping that $8,975-$19,975 PC. Aside from that, I see a potential ship starting to sail for them both! The way they bicker to each other make it seem like they're both tsunderes.
Mar 6, 2019 8:12 AM

Feb 2019
Hilarious! The Chemistry between Christina and the Mad Scientist is on point!
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Mar 21, 2019 7:00 AM

Feb 2018
Ruka is a male xD...
Jun 26, 2019 9:19 AM

Dec 2018
Makise had some problem with her father. Her father? I'll place my bet on John Titor.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Aug 2, 2019 5:22 AM
May 2019
Looks like John I dont' remember his last name guy brought IBN 5100 to that man.
I really liked the anime so far and not bored even though I didn't reach to eps 8. Looks like it deserves the reputation it has.
Aug 2, 2019 6:21 AM

May 2016
The_izanagi said:
Looks like John I dont' remember his last name guy brought IBN 5100 to that man.
I really liked the anime so far and not bored even though I didn't reach to eps 8. Looks like it deserves the reputation it has.

I agree with you. I never understood people who were bored by the first half of thevshow and claiming that nothing happens.
Yes, it is slow, sice this kind of show has to be slow in the beginning, to properly build its characters and its story. And MANY significant things happen in the first half, but we are not aware of it yet (making the rewatch value extremely high)
-
Aug 2, 2019 6:40 AM
May 2019
SheevPalpatine said:
The_izanagi said:

I agree with you. I never understood people who were bored by the first half of thevshow and claiming that nothing happens.
Yes, it is slow, sice this kind of show has to be slow in the beginning, to properly build its characters and its story. And MANY significant things happen in the first half, but we are not aware of it yet (making the rewatch value extremely high)

Yep, definetely. As it is obvious that this series has a complicated plot, the first episodes should be slow in order to make the show ready for the more dramatic incidents. I personally will not like the series if it immidiately jumps into action. I think they did a pretty good job, it is definetely not boring.
Sep 3, 2019 2:18 PM

Mar 2013
Christina is kinda annoying tbh, it's tiring to see her on screen. I'm glad Okabe found IBN 5100! Thought it would take longer to find...
HeiizeSep 6, 2019 7:51 AM
Sep 5, 2019 8:51 PM
Jun 2017
more of a boring episode, but at least they got the computer.
Sep 7, 2019 1:22 PM

Jul 2015
Imagine having to battle a cosplayer in some card game to get some information on an old pc that can litteraly mean changing the world structures as we know

Nov 12, 2019 8:51 PM

Mar 2016
I'm getting more and more annoyed by this series with every passing episode, to be honest.

The characters are irritating, the comedy is lame (these two go hand-in-hand), the 'mystery' is weak with very little agency, and it's so damn meandering in every sense of the word.

I have no idea where the praise for this show has come from. It better have an amazing revelation or plot twist, otherwise this will have just been a huge waste of time.

Every favorite thing of mine has won me over, even if I don't understand EVERYTHING yet, by this point, so I'm seriously having my doubts now.
The more I read of everyone else's love of it only makes me more worried. If THIS is the appealing part already, yikes.

2/5 episode.
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.
Mar 30, 2020 8:49 PM

Sep 2017
"You can't be 'facing' backwards, idiot."

"Of course you can, I believe in you!"

I'm dead xD
Jan 8, 2021 12:13 AM

Jan 2021
Man I love this! Especially the interactions between Makise and Oka—I mean Hououin Kyouma!

Also Makise had problems with her father? Maybe her dad is John Titor which would (maybe) explain her reaction to Kyouma’s time machine?

Nonetheless a very funny episode; I’m really loving Okarin’s personality!
Mar 28, 2021 9:32 AM

Feb 2019
IBN 5100

so interesting!!
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Apr 20, 2021 12:12 PM
Feb 2021
Somewhat enjoying the story so far, I have a feeling it will get better tho which is why I’m sticking with it. But for me, quite a slow and mediocre start.
Apr 20, 2021 4:16 PM
Nov 2016
ThatMarcow said:
Somewhat enjoying the story so far, I have a feeling it will get better tho which is why I’m sticking with it. But for me, quite a slow and mediocre start.

Yeah that's normal, almost everyone agrees that Steins;Gate has a slow start but trust me, it does get better later on. I also didn't liked the beginning that much the first time I've watched it but after it got better later on it actually became my favorite anime and I've been watching animes for a long time.

For now enjoy the ride, the beginning is just the buildup, once the buildup is completed then you will be watching a completely different anime because it changes drastically after a "certain episode" later.
Jun 30, 2021 1:05 PM

Apr 2018
The interactions between Rintaro and Makise are the best.
They found the IBN 5100 which can be used to decipher special programmes like SERN.
What Ruka's father said was interesting. A person from 10 years ago said that a young men would come for the PC? Could that be Mikase's father or the Old Rin?

So many questions..

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 21, 2021 10:24 AM
Dec 2017
slow but still a really good episode.

Nov 6, 2021 6:08 PM
Oct 2020
I thought the ep was good
I think the protagonist is a bit crazy, but he has his charm

kurisu's father plots seem to show potential and I expect good things

and I also expect the same thing from the central plot, the malefic organization

and even one of my favorite characters returned, which is luka

and I loved to see him and kurisu praising each other, better not even say the good news for her lol
Mar 12, 2022 5:39 AM

Nov 2015
1. I didn't know laundry shops can get so intriguing.
2. Lol Mayuri thinks 5100 is the price of the old device.
3. Also, that "G-Back" bit was clever. Explanation: 自爆 / jibaku / self-destruction.
4. Kurisu is really looking into IBN5100. Well at least she's back. (pun not intended ;))
5. And at least it's not another cliffhanger, lol.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2022 8:04 PM
Jan 2022
Definitely agree with the consensus that this was a slow episode but I like to think that it's currently setting the ground work for the upcoming awesomeness
Oct 11, 2022 11:12 PM

May 2022
great episode, Kurisu and Rintarou found the IBN 5100, the key to decoding the mysterious program. I hope Kurisu and Rintarou start to get along later on. I am curious to learn about Kurisu's father and why she doesn't want to believe in time machines, this is really interesting. The part where Rintarou lost to Feyris in Rai-Net Battles was pretty funny, I am enjoying this series and I already love Kurisu.
Dec 22, 2022 2:50 AM
Nov 2022
its getting really interesting
Jan 6, 2023 5:44 AM
Jan 2023
one the most fun animes to watch
Mar 15, 2023 3:23 PM

Feb 2020
none of this makes any sense to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i am actually bored watching it
(okabe is also kind of annoying with his random mad scientist laughs and yelling and being generally a very weird guy. all of the characters are kind of annoying. except makise i suppose, early candidate for my favourite character)
the big "twist" in the plot better be good because i'm struggling here. but it's somewhat a shame that i have to power through however many episodes of boredom before the show gets 'good'
Mar 15, 2023 6:16 PM
Nov 2016
maiawatchesanime said:
none of this makes any sense to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i am actually bored watching it
(okabe is also kind of annoying with his random mad scientist laughs and yelling and being generally a very weird guy. all of the characters are kind of annoying. except makise i suppose, early candidate for my favourite character)
the big "twist" in the plot better be good because i'm struggling here. but it's somewhat a shame that i have to power through however many episodes of boredom before the show gets 'good'

The big "twist" is indeed good, patience is a virtue, just keep watching it and the payoff will be worth it but I guess I should tell you where the big "twist" happens before you drop it because some people did drop this anime early on which is a shame.

The big twist happens in the episode:

Mar 30, 2023 4:06 AM
Mar 2023
Okay its getting interesting now
May 3, 2023 9:48 AM

Apr 2021
Makise Kurisu and Okabe Rintaro. Two people I really like in this show.

Also that ending song>>>>
Jun 28, 2023 3:02 AM
Jan 2022
boring episode to me
Oct 22, 2023 6:40 AM
Oct 2021
now i can see the connection between sern and ibn 5100
Dec 12, 2023 2:23 PM
Oct 2023
so they got their hands on the ibn. i am really interested to see when sern will make their move
Jan 29, 9:38 PM
Mar 2023
It was good though I only watched it till ep4 cus my brain cant understand it
Feb 14, 2:41 PM

Dec 2022
Kurisu is a tsuntsun which i kinda saw it coming but i'm delighted to see one and yet my low iq brain is still too foolish to understand everything heheh.

Mar 3, 8:41 AM
Dec 2019
Why are people commenting about being too dumb to follow the complex plot or whatever? The show clearly hasn't given enough information for first time viewers to piece anything significant together. This is a pretty slow burn to start it seems.

This episode was a nice uptick. Carrying over from the intense end of episode 3 really shows the mood it can create and I imagine will show up more often when the show actually starts answering questions.

I also liked the maid cafe stuff. Its funny that 2011 feels like an older world at this point but the days when creepy dorks actually had to leave the house to fawn over their dumb local maid girl feels oddly quaint.

I also love Mayushii's voice.
Mar 24, 5:29 PM

Mar 2024
The refrences they make with our world with a unique twist is very enjoyable. I haven't been addicted to a show in years, amen!
Apr 20, 4:33 PM
Mar 2021
awesome sauce, loved this
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1829 by mjjones0 »»
May 3, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Activelee - Aug 16, 2011

485 by Ronin_4011 »»
Apr 30, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 6, 2011

685 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 28, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Apr 24, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.