Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Sep 27, 2014 4:41 PM

Sep 2014
FlyingComma said:
They need to kiss already >_>
I'm so rooting for homura x madoka couple xD

RIGHT??????

Oh, and I totally shed some tears in this episode, when Homura was telling Madoka she came from the future and how every time she goes back in time for her, their feelings drift apart. :'(
Oct 28, 2014 5:18 PM

Jan 2013
Madoka finally knows the truth, but still, she goes and helps Homura.
Dec 27, 2014 12:44 PM

Dec 2014
That Walpurgis witch must've been a very strong Mahou Shoujo, possibly on par with Madoka.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2015 8:28 PM

Oct 2014
So Madoka finally becomes a Magical girl in the next episode.
I can't wait to see how it all ends.
Feb 10, 2015 3:54 PM

Nov 2014
Walpurgis Night sure can take a beating jeez.
Looks like Madoka will become a magical girl after all, I guess it was kind of inevitable but looking forward to the finale!
Mar 3, 2015 3:47 PM

Feb 2015
Holy fudge! Joan of Arc was a magical girl?!

Mind = Blown

Another great episode.
Mar 16, 2015 10:57 PM

Jun 2013
"Endless Eight" vibe here.
The real battle begins...
Jul 19, 2015 2:33 PM

Nov 2013
Madoka's mom is very peculiar. Not only does she slap her child, but after Madoka tells her some vague, strange stuff about why she needs to run into an earthquake/tornado just days after her friend has been found mysteriously dead in a hotel room, she half-pushes her down the stairs in encouragement.
Jul 22, 2015 6:42 AM

Jul 2015
bellellis said:
Madoka's mom is very peculiar. Not only does she slap her child, but after Madoka tells her some vague, strange stuff about why she needs to run into an earthquake/tornado just days after her friend has been found mysteriously dead in a hotel room, she half-pushes her down the stairs in encouragement.

It's trust. Because Madoka has proven to always make the right, safe decisions in life, her Mom knows that whatever reason Madoka has to go out there must certainly be a good one. You may call that irresponsible yes, but she was right for trusting her daughter in the end. :3
Jul 23, 2015 10:26 PM

Jul 2015
Realistically, I can't see Madoka's mom actually letting her daughter run out into that kind of danger, especially not knowing the reason why, but I know it's just an anime. hehe

I'm so glad that Madoka knows everything that is going on now and why! I'm ready to see her kick some witch patootie now! :P

Final episode incoming! ✿ 5/5
Aug 15, 2015 10:27 AM

Sep 2013
One more episode to go.I'm ready for a tragic ending.
Aug 22, 2015 5:47 PM
Dec 2014
Just let your 14 year old daughter go out in a natural disaster sounds smart lol
Aug 27, 2015 10:18 PM

Jul 2014
homura is the BOMB....that jokes been made before hasnt it?...oh well
srsly though, that fight scene was so awesome.
so many feels for Homura
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2015 2:07 AM

Jul 2014
So...Homura is the one who's fucked?

And...and...Madoka became a magical girl? After all that?

I just don't know where to go with this.

I guess I'll just finish this.
Sep 25, 2015 12:54 PM

Mar 2015
Whoa... That final boss LOOK SO COOL...

OMG Madoka is going to be Mahou Shoujo just like the title....

Is Homura gonna die here? Or will she try to save them all again?

Aren't there a better outcome than just one of them surviving ;_;

Oct 21, 2015 1:23 PM
May 2013
Madoka is bound by fate to become a magical girl .
I'm sure if Homura tried few more times an even better magical girl Madoka would be born and she will be strong enough to survive Walpurgis night also she would become a witch strong enough to wipe out everything on Earth within few hours .
1 episode left ;_; and I'm pretty sure everything's gonna be daijoubu .
Nov 12, 2015 5:29 AM

Jul 2008
Oh dear...Kyubey has tricked them all so damn well. This will not end well at all.
Dec 28, 2015 12:55 PM
Jul 2018
Quality parenting right there.
Jan 21, 2016 12:19 PM

Jul 2014
So Madoka's mother lets her go out in the middle of a huge storm where there's explosions going off, and buildings getting thrown around and collapsing and shit. GG parenting right there.

3/5
Feb 14, 2016 10:24 AM

Jun 2015
oh no she didn't! after all that happened?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Mar 5, 2016 11:16 AM

Jan 2013
D-ohnuts said:
So Madoka's mother lets her go out in the middle of a huge storm where there's explosions going off, and buildings getting thrown around and collapsing and shit. GG parenting right there.

Exactly ... she doesnt even know her reasoning but just trusts her ... , sure Madoka has proven she is but still.
There's a limit when it comes to life threatening weather outside.

Also I laughed when the mother almost threw Madoka of the stairs.

Yet again Kyuubey is managing to let Madoka become a magical girl again.
Mar 19, 2016 12:36 AM

Mar 2015
I really thought I was gonna get some sleep tonight. Nope! Another absolutely incredible episode

From Kyubey's monologue about the cattle/humans, to the concentric circles Homura is finds herself in.

Something that bugs me about anime, is how the MC compounds their own issues by not keeping the rest of the characters in a steady line of communication. Homura was skirting that line for me, but I feel like the creators nailed the timing for her reveal of information.

Tensions were high, emotions were high. For me at this point, I'm pleading for Homura to reveal the truth to Madoka, and when she does? When she finally grabs Madoka and sobs the truth into her!? Ughhhh it all hit so perfectly for me. The desperation, laced with hope. She wants to continue to fight, not only because she wants to, but because she HAS to. I love this. So, so much.

There may be some plotholes to the keener eye, but I'm loving the foundation this story is built upon. Homura tries to save Madoka, but in turn creates her unfathomable power, while inadvertently creating a cycle for herself that must balance hope and despair etc etc.

And let me not glaze over the Walpurgis Witch herself. Laughing that twisted laugh as she hangs upside down, raining destruction down upon the city, not even giving pause to Homura's attacks.

I don't know why it took me this long to watch this...!
Mar 20, 2016 4:55 PM

Sep 2011
Unfortunately, the end is close. I wonder what Madoka will wish.

I don't know why, but I kinda agree with Kyuubey, they are doing the same that humans do with the animals.
Apr 27, 2016 12:25 PM
Feb 2016
D-ohnuts said:

3/5

Unless, of course, there is just so much trust between them.

I wished more parents could say that.
Apr 27, 2016 12:30 PM
Feb 2016
bellellis said:

Vague and strange to someone not privy to their relationship. Notice, for instance, how Momdoka (= Junko Kaname) never pushed her daughter to say what was wrong after Sayaka's funeral, or how their previous conversation about "doing something wrong for a change" was such that she never tried to force Madoka to say which friend was doing what Madoka was saying.

I think there simply is way more trust between these two than there usually is between American parents and their children, usually because the parents are always so damn sure they know everything... In fact Americans often seem to fall prey to this illness: the all-knowing American.
May 1, 2016 9:34 PM

Feb 2014
Another intense episode.
Cartoons and anime is my reality.
Jun 24, 2016 8:09 PM

Jul 2014
Asehpe said:
Unless, of course, there is just so much trust between them.

I wished more parents could say that.

You wish more parents would let their kids go out in the middle of a huge storm?

This isn't a matter of whether she trusts her daughter, this is a matter of common sense.
Jun 26, 2016 10:08 AM

Sep 2013
I'm really looking forward to seeing how this will be resolved. Who will die? Who will survive? I bet the earth blows up...!!!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Aug 2, 2016 7:09 AM

Dec 2011
Heading for the climax, and the destiny being immutable again.
Madoka will turn into a Magical Girl afterall, despite Homura's effort.
Oct 15, 2016 7:08 PM

May 2015
all the explosions homura put on that thing, didn't look like it phased it a bit.
madoka really one shot that thing in another timeline? damn xD

cool to see how the incubators affected human history

and the conversation between homura and madoka made me tear up a bit. good ep like always
Nov 6, 2016 7:27 AM

Aug 2016
Akemi Homura = one girl army (Unlimited Explosive Works)
Jan 27, 2017 9:53 PM

Jan 2015
Oh no Madoka, you didn't do it...

And Madoka's mom let her daughter go out in the middle of a disaster... ok... totally normal...
Feb 26, 2017 3:10 AM
Jul 2016
I'm enjoying this anime overall but there's a few issues I am having with it.

For one if Homura has complete control over time and can freeze it when ever she wants and indeed we see her doing this repeatedly, so how in the hell is Walpurgisnacht even hitting her? It makes absolutely no sense. It doesn't matter how fast or powerful Walpurgisnacht is, against an OP ability like Homura's it has no chance, at least as long as Homura has Magical powers. But 'plot convenience' trumps logic, the big boss battle must always be climatic despite that possibility being pretty much written out of the story line with a power like stopping time lol.

Secondly Homura has fought Walpurgisnacht multiple times by now and has seen it be defeated in the past, you would think she would know what does and doesn't work against it by now. But nope, gotta put on a good firework show that ultimately does nothing. While it was cool seeing the rocket bombardment and everything else, logically again it makes no sense for her to even bother with it. Unless all that is actually weakening it then I stand corrected.

Lastly there's a pretty easy solution to the big problem. Madoka should choice to become magical girl and all she would need to do to put an end to it all is to wish that magical girls and witches stop existing. Proff! Everything is over in an instant. Ok maybe she wouldn't want to do that if it means that Madoka & Homura would stop existing too. Well then be smart about it! Just wish that witches were no longer possible or that magical girls don't turn into them. Wishes like these should be entirely possible because Kyuubey has stated that he can grant any wish. I swear if these characters had half a brain they would of figured out to do this a long time ago lol.

Anyways on to the end I go.
Rain_MachikaFeb 26, 2017 3:13 AM
Feb 26, 2017 4:31 AM

Feb 2016
Rain_Machika said:
For one if Homura has complete control over time and can freeze it when ever she wants and indeed we see her doing this repeatedly, so how in the hell is Walpurgisnacht even hitting her? It makes absolutely no sense. It doesn't matter how fast or powerful Walpurgisnacht is, against an OP ability like Homura's it has no chance, at least as long as Homura has Magical powers. But 'plot convenience' trumps logic, the big boss battle must always be climatic despite that possibility being pretty much written out of the story line with a power like stopping time lol.

Homura stops the time only until she fires her weapons. They can't hit Walpurgis while the time is stopped, and the military arsenal can't be used either. Her power is only used to set up things and the actual combat happens in normal time. Also, keeping the time frozen uses up energy from her soul gem, so she can't keep it stopped constantly.
Another point that wasn't shown very good in the anime are the mechanics of Homura's magical power. There's actually a sand watch in her shield, the pink containers on the sides are filled with magic sand. She can return back in time only to that specific date, only after 30 days have passed. The sand in her shield slowly passes away, and until then, she can only stop the time. When the limit ends up, she can no longer stop the time and only then she can jump back and repeat everything again, when there's no more sand in her shield. If you rewatch that scene again you will see a shot with the pink dust being almost gone when she gets hit and says something like "[of all times, ]this can't be". Also, when she hesitates while trapped, she turns her shield ready to release the sand back in the other direction which makes her jump in time.

Rain_Machika said:
Secondly Homura has fought Walpurgisnacht multiple times by now and has seen it be defeated in the past, you would think she would know what does and doesn't work against it by now. But nope, gotta put on a good firework show that ultimately does nothing. While it was cool seeing the rocket bombardment and everything else, logically again it makes no sense for her to even bother with it. Unless all that is actually weakening it then I stand corrected.

Yeah, she was defeated with magic.. by Madoka. Homura desperately tries everything she can do to defeat Walpurgis all by herself and keep Madoka away until she succeeds. Her magical powers aren't really suited for combat by themselves alone.

Rain_Machika said:
Lastly there's a pretty easy solution to the big problem. Madoka should choice to become magical girl and all she would need to do to put an end to it all is to wish that magical girls and witches stop existing. Proff! Everything is over in an instant. Ok maybe she wouldn't want to do that if it means that Madoka & Homura would stop existing too. Well then be smart about it! Just wish that witches were no longer possible or that magical girls don't turn into them. Wishes like these should be entirely possible because Kyuubey has stated that he can grant any wish. I swear if these characters had half a brain they would of figured out to do this a long time ago lol.

Madoka doesn't want to erase everyone's struggles. She is the only one capable with enough potential to make such impactful wish. Watch the next ep.
Mar 2, 2017 2:05 AM

Dec 2016
Damn that witch is insanely strong. Homura hit it with everything she had and it did nothing to it.

Looks like it's finally happening in this time, Madoka becoming a magical girl, but the question is what happens after after she defeats the witch.
Mar 30, 2017 1:15 AM

Feb 2017
Another great episode!! Honestly, this series might make it into my favorites... I guess that depends on the final episode. :o

"ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴡᴇʀᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ɪɴsᴀɴᴇ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ."

Apr 8, 2017 4:15 PM

Apr 2014
Damn, I have no idea how this might end.. All I see is despair.
Apr 16, 2017 8:38 PM

Dec 2016
Madoka is about to destroy the Walpurgis Night, but at the same time die and basically destroy Earth... noice
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jun 17, 2017 12:20 AM

Nov 2011
Walpurgis Night sure is tough. Homura has basically made herself into a one person army with that much ordinance in her hyperspace arsenal and that time stop ability. To be able to tank that much conventional firepower says a lot.

The last of the loose ends got tied up with another convincing explanation for the potential/talent Madoka has that even Kyuubei didn't understand (he worded it as "theoretically impossible"). Winding up timelines around Madoka must store up quite a lot of potential energy. It also explains why she seemed to grow progressively stronger in the timelines: she died in the first timeline alongside Mami; defeated Walpurgis Night with Homura but got corrupted with her in the second; and one-shotted Walpurgis Night yet turned into a Witch herself in the third.

It's possible that she'll be able to win wholesale this time.

Hype for the finale.
Sep 20, 2017 7:31 AM

Jun 2016
I guess no matter what Homura do to prevent Madoka from being a magical girl, only Madoka can defeat that freaking witch. Shit. Shit. I hope everything will be okay.

Waaaah. Last episode and I can't predict the ending. Hahahaha. *cries in the corner*

That ED art with them 5. NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

So, Kyubey's hypothesis on why Madoka is very powerful is because of Homura going back in time since it's a side effect of her magic going back in time. Jeez. I hope it's true, so that Madoka will no longer have to die and become a witch after defeating that fucking witch. Jesus.

Will we ever see Kamijou's reaction when they found Sayaka's body rotting at the hotel? I bet it's rotting. C'mon! ;-;

As much as I hate Kyubey and his kind, I completely understand his point and it hit me so hard. Fuck.

Homura already told Madoka her true identity and yet she still accepted her since (this is just my theory) she feels somehow connected to Homura.

"The moment she believes that everything was pointless, that your fate cannot be changed, Akemi Homura will succumb to despair and become a Grief Seed." Forfucksake, maaan. ;-;

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 22, 2017 7:33 AM

Jul 2016
The Final Showdown! Next Chapter!

God, this is going to be amazing.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Dec 9, 2017 11:04 AM
May 2012
Geez, how about hugging her back, Madoka?
And how about you just wish for Walpurgis to disappear?
Dec 17, 2017 2:23 PM

May 2013
Last episode coming up! LET'S FINISH STRONG PLS.

Madoka's mama still awesome as ever <3

I hope this time, Madoka wished to free Homura from her endless maze ;A;
Jan 21, 2018 3:39 PM
Nov 2017
Awesome. Down to the last episode now.
Oct 18, 2018 6:02 PM

Aug 2017
I like the battle between Homura and Walpurgisnacht. Many weapons and explosions.

Finally, we know why Madoka will be so powerful if she becomes a magical girl. Homura's time magic did this. The part when Kyubey tells Madoka about the role of magical girls in the story of humanity was creppy.

It was sad when Homura hugged Madoka and began crying :(
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 10, 2019 4:52 PM
Apr 2017
Now this is sweet but sad.... Kyubey WTF.... So happy Madoka is saving Homura!
Feb 15, 2019 2:12 PM
Apr 2016
Interesting development, so she did at the end decide to make a wish and become a magical girl... Also just noticed, but Madoka has a really cute voice....
Mar 4, 2019 1:15 PM

Sep 2014
I have to admit after experiencing Jojo all I could thinl about was "How many slices of bread have you eaten?"

Also, I already said this, but can we appreciate for a moment that adults exist in this story? Madoka talking to her mom is one of the biggest reasons why I love this show so much.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 28, 2019 1:26 PM

Mar 2017
Fifth viewing for me, just checking in to say: I totally forgot how emotional this episode was! I don't get why people get hung up on the fact that Madoka's mom makes some questionable decisions. That's by no means a plot hole, and there's way more "unrealistic" stuff happening all the time in anime. We got Homura's breakdown, Madoka's moment of courage, and of course the epic showdown with Walpurgis. And that epic cliffhanger! Of course I know what will happen, but it still fills me with excitement every time. It's almost 'Mr. Worf.... Fire!' worthy, to throw in a reference no one will get.

Many tears were shed. 5/5, like every episode of this anime.
Aug 10, 2019 5:17 AM
May 2019
Best part has to be the sequence where Homura Michael Bays the Walpurgis with impeccable timing. Even if she made no dent in it, it just goes to show how much she pre-prepared for this battle. Her going repeatedly back in time just to save Madoka really speaks volumes about her character; she isn't the cold-hearted person people make her out to be. And when she acts that way, it's only due to the circumstances. This really does give me the same vibes as Higurashi.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1543 by Biisoo »»
Apr 23, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

627 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 3, 2011

380 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 10:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.