Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 9, 2011 1:46 PM

Nov 2010
They were licking their lips the whole time, lol.
Apr 10, 2011 5:23 PM

Dec 2008
where was the comedy?
Apr 11, 2011 1:07 PM
May 2008
Jimb0 said:
where was the comedy?
In manga. Maybe...
Apr 12, 2011 12:59 PM

Jun 2009
Not as bad as most of the comments suggested it would be, still inferior to the mango.

It should have gotten more episodes, so that there was less need to stuff all the ecchi-goods together in just 6 OVAs, leaving out all the rest. feelsbadman.jpg

Well, lets wait for episode 2 :3
Apr 23, 2011 10:48 PM
Feb 2009
Kind of disappointed. I feel like they turned what was supposed to be a unspoken love for each other into a creep raping his childhood friend. They kind of left out all the exposition and just showed this guy taking out all of his pent up fetishes on his friend. Meh. Will watch the next episode to see how the progress from here.
Jun 6, 2011 2:14 AM

Aug 2008
This was awkward to watch, much easier to digest while reading. Plus, I didn't particularly love the flow of the episode. I was hoping they'd start from the begining just like the manga, I would've have liked things drawn out more. Needs improvement, but I won't damn the whole thing to the scrapyard.

Jul 12, 2011 2:06 AM

Mar 2010
i actually thought that was pretty good for an OVA not knowing it was in fact one. Some great directing leaving the audience to want more, definitely. Looking forward to the next!
Jul 13, 2011 10:54 AM

Nov 2010
What the fuck?
Oct 13, 2011 2:41 AM
Jan 2011
I'm not even sure how I came across this anime, but damn was it weird. Kaoru is one of the weirdest anime characters I've ever seen. The whole episode was awkward. It started with the whole softcore S&M thing which is cool and all, but it slowly transitioned into date rape lol. By the end of the episode I was wishing I could get 25 minutes of my life back. Think I'ma save myself the awkwardness of the next episodes and just drop it now.
LexiumOct 13, 2011 2:45 AM
Jan 3, 2012 9:57 AM

Dec 2008
At least now I know that Im no fan of japanese bondage and blindfolding action XD
Kaoru is really a perverted pig, couldn't they made him looks less like a rapist.

Animations were okay and Nana looked beautiful, only the line shadowing at the neck of the characters was ugly.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2012 3:34 AM

Oct 2011
really don't understand all the low ratings on this - especially in the reviews - i'm currently reading the manga, and it definitely didn't live up to that, but the ova had it's sweet and sexy moments and i found it entertaining - i think it would definitely work better in a series format with more time for build-up to the main event, as per the manga....
Mar 20, 2012 3:37 AM

Oct 2011
Fabienne said:
At least now I know that Im no fan of japanese bondage and blindfolding action XD
Kaoru is really a perverted pig, couldn't they made him looks less like a rapist.

Animations were okay and Nana looked beautiful, only the line shadowing at the neck of the characters was ugly.
how is it kaoru is a pig? this is fully consensual s+m and nana is most definitely enjoying herself - to call this anything approaching rape is just plain wrong - you would definitely get along with all the right-wing jerks who are currently censoring the life out of the anime we all love! apparently you have a very narrow view of sexuality - i feel sorry for you...
Mar 20, 2012 3:42 AM

Oct 2011
Kipcha said:
choyos said:
Is the dude really that creepy in the manga?

Kaoru is actually a rather good character in the manga and I never once really thought of him as 'creepy', and that's coming from a girl. Sure, you could tell he would get excited and all, but you had his thoughts all the way through and they never really rang the creep alarms.
i agree - kaoru in the manga and the ova is just a red-blooded teenage male, which means horny-as-hell and more than a bit perverse - men who deny their own hentai side (especially in the teen-age years) end up twisted wrecks....
Sep 1, 2012 1:28 PM

Feb 2012
I liked it, it didn't bother me that Kaoru's point of view was missing, I actually didn't notice it. Nana's body is just too delicious and they did well to choose the bondage scene, a full TV show would be awesome.
Mar 11, 2013 11:25 AM

Jun 2009
I don't remember Kaoru coming off as this creepy when I read the manga. Then again, it's been a while so I may just not remember. I feel as though something was lost in the transfer to anime, though. It just doesn't feel the same.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 19, 2013 5:05 AM

Sep 2008
Terrible adaptation. They pretty much skipped all story just to go straight to the bondage scenes. Kaoru seems more like a creep than he did in the manga cause they skipped all of his internal monologues.
Jun 6, 2013 5:00 AM

Apr 2012
Normally I avoid bashing adaptations since I believe the source material and adaptions should be judged separately. But in this case, they really did a poor job. They completely missed Kaoru's tenderness and the humorous interplay between the two. The spirit of the manga is completely absent and this adaption just could have been some generic hentai. If you're reading this, skip this adaption and go read the manga.
Aug 30, 2013 2:32 PM

May 2012
That was pretty sensual, not a bad S&M play without nudity or sex! The epilogue was more tempting though and well it's sad we don't know what happens next even if the ending said "to be continued"

Oh well a pretty fine ova I must say!
Feb 1, 2014 12:42 PM

Sep 2007
That was a lot better than I anticipated. The animation quality is dire but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't engrossed. Kaoru's character appearance is a little off-putting but I suspect that it adds to the overall atmosphere of the story ...

Jul 1, 2014 4:05 PM

Sep 2011
HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE THIS? I read the manga, and as a man, I enjoyed this very much.
Oct 1, 2014 11:25 PM
Oct 2013
MAN_Drake said:
Akolatronic said:

^_-

because this was a botched adaptation of the source material. If it was taken all the way towards the hentai scale then it wouldn't be Nana to Kaoru. A LOT of stuff was omitted in the OVA so much so that the characters come off poorly. Granted the manga has a bit of a "how to guide" in preparing for the "breathers".

I assume you agree ^_-
“How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then, to regain his health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in the future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but dies in a way as if he were never born”
― Imam Ali as
Oct 4, 2014 11:31 AM

May 2014
My gawd, if that's it for the OVA then at least conclude it properly. Not just a 'to be continued' at the end.

Maybe I should just read the manga. :3
Nov 1, 2014 6:26 AM

Jan 2014
so Nana was really slutty on the inside? (o_O)
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Dec 5, 2014 12:20 PM

Jun 2013
Is it as good as the manga? Hell no!
Is it is as bad as everyone is saying it is? Hell No!
The ova greatly turned me on so It did it's job ;)
Jan 29, 2015 2:40 AM

Jul 2014
So even though it said to be continued, there's no second episode? I heard the manga was good but havn't read it, so this ova wasn't a very good watch for me. I'll have to try my luck reading the manga. Also, the guy in this has a very punchable face.
Jun 10, 2015 10:15 PM

Mar 2015
not my type of fetish
Feb 28, 2016 7:42 AM
Jul 2018
I strongly regret this animated view , it made ​​me uncomfortable at all times of the animated ._.
Sep 10, 2017 11:18 AM

Aug 2013
Well, that was something...

May 1, 2018 7:36 AM

Jan 2011
Better if they didn't focus so much on the guy's face.
Sep 24, 2018 1:26 PM

Apr 2013
Hmm okay, well that was creepy and cringey at times. But somehow it also had a hint of what it could've been, something much better with a lot of ecchi. But overall it was just meh in this form. 2/10
Oct 11, 2018 7:12 AM

Jan 2018
I think OVA wasn't bad at all. Before i start comment OVA would like to say, i am not in to SM. But manga was awesome, i love gags so much (not even gags, but basicaly whole fashion of SM) and Nana was extremely kawaii. Well honestly not just a Nana, but connection between Nana - Kaoru - Ryouko was extremely hot (manga version). About OVA - I am very satisfied with art-work, which is very similar to manga. A few things are there of course which i am not not satisfied about. Nana - voice acting as Kaoru Mizuhara was amazing. I think when i was reading manga, Nana could have voice like that. Satisfying. Unfortunately can't say that for Kaoru - don't wanna say that voice actor was bad - not at all, but honestly his voice is not the very equal is a imagined for manga Kaoru... About scenes, i know it's just OVA, but basically for those who didn't read manga, it doesn't make a sense at all. Parts are weirdly connect to each other and the weirdest thing was, that i don't remember that Kaoru touched a pussy (even covered in swimsuit) of Nana in their first meeeting (when Nana for first time get dressed leather SM "uniform"). Even that, it's still OVA and i can't say it was truly bad. I enjoyed those 24 minutes

For me 7/10 because Nana is a love

My signature is coppied from another forum, because currently i don't have nothing better
AlienWare M17X5 (2013-2016), MSI GT73VR 6RF TITAN PRO (2016-Presence)
Jun 12, 2020 11:28 AM

Feb 2014
I was skeptical about the boy but after a time I got used to him a bit.

The art and animation is very good! It's more detailed than of some present animes.

Being a pure ecchi anime OVA (which was obviously focused in light BDSM) it was a nice one in delivering its purpose.

7/10, maybe 8

Too bad it didnt get a 2nd episode even though it stated "to be continue" at the end.

Now, I will think about reading the manga.
TechOtakuJun 12, 2020 11:34 AM
Jul 13, 2021 9:57 AM
Jul 2018
As expected, it was meh. Character designs were decent although there were scenes which lacked consistency. Obviously, they can't adapt everything properly because it's just one episode, but as a person who read the manga, I can't give anything more than a 6 at most.
Mar 26, 2023 8:00 PM
Feb 2014
🙄to be continued but there's no more, honestly surprised that it an anime adaptation, oh well the manga is great.
May 27, 2023 1:12 PM
Dec 2021
great anime, great manga, great episode.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What's S&M?

sido - Jul 22, 2016

5 by yveltalkyogre »»
May 26, 2023 10:31 AM

» Manga chapters this OVA covers

Shidoteki - May 8, 2017

0 by Shidoteki »»
May 8, 2017 9:45 AM

» Is there going to be an episode 2 of this?

Mimerio - Jan 15, 2012

7 by jakov »»
Oct 29, 2014 5:36 AM

» Will someone PLEASE update this info?

King_Antonius - Sep 18, 2011

2 by SpoiledLipstick »»
Nov 15, 2011 11:53 PM

» COUNT DOWN!!!

KaminaKai - Mar 25, 2011

4 by Saint_ »»
Mar 29, 2011 11:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.