Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2008 9:00 PM
Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
i am in love with this series OP & ED.
grawrrrr

also, one of my childhood favorites remade into an anime? how could i resist? ><;

blossom is kawaiiiiiii x3
also, i like how they did mojojojo.
also, the transformation = cuteXsmex. rawr.
jailbait much? >.>;

blehk.
the explanation of chemical Z / randomly shooting an iceberg with it felt really rushed.. but!
have a good feeling about this series =]
Jun 11, 2008 9:06 PM

Feb 2008
Haha JUST the first ep had soo many suggestive things I could've pointed out. xD

But yes, Mojojojo is pretty awesome. :D
TO THE NEXT EP FOR ME!

Also, it made me want icecream, really badly.
Jun 11, 2008 9:11 PM
Nov 2007
ohh.
you said "want icecream"
i read that waaaaay wrong D;
XD
-petpet-

im glad mojo jo jo at least has decent attacks. lol
Jun 29, 2008 12:58 PM

Nov 2007
I like the designs, they're really adorable, but I don't like some of the changes they made.
Jun 29, 2008 3:49 PM

Oct 2007
It's cute... but why the name changes? And making them transform like that and giving them weapons... I'm not too keen. That's why I have this series on hold.

The OP and ED are awesome though XD Mayonaka no DOA is probably one of my favourite songs ever. So cute and addictive :P

Check out SunnyCon! The North-East of England's newest and biggest convention of anime, manga and Japanese culture!
Now a club on MAL too!

Aug 22, 2008 3:07 PM

May 2008
I used to watch powerpuff girls on carton network years ago already and loved it.
I suppose that's because even though I prefer anime, powerpuff girls was already a little anime-ish.

It was like...Dexter's Laboratory(art style) + Magical girls(theme).
And since I love the anime art style better, this is a pleasant surprise.
All the merrier. I'm so glad this happened. It was perfect to make an anime of.
I'm loving reliving my memories of powerpuff girls in anime form.

I keep watching it going "omg I can't believe I'm watching a powerpuff girls anime omg this is so awesome".

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Sep 21, 2008 6:44 AM

Aug 2008
haven't seen a single ep yet, but I have to say

1st of all - WTF?!!
2nd - where the hell did this come from?!!
If it wasn't for MAL I would've never known about this, I think I've gone cross eyed!
Sep 27, 2008 10:12 AM

May 2007
I have to admit I was a PPG fan from when it came out.
Saying that I drop this show after 1 episode, crap, crap, crap.
My anime list
Nov 19, 2008 1:37 PM

Oct 2008
im very dissapointed in this. i was a big ppg fan whenn i was little, but watching this just butchers the original. it's so unloyal to the original, example-

the mayor doesn't look at all as he did in the original
who's ken?
blossom is much dumber than in the original
and the way they became powerpuff girls was by chemicalx, not getting hit by asteroids giving them powers.

the only thing i actually liked was the opening and mojo's voice. that's about it. i think ill stick to the original ppg instead of this.
Aug 3, 2009 5:43 PM

Apr 2009
Drybananna said:
Haha JUST the first ep had soo many suggestive things I could've pointed out. xD

But yes, Mojojojo is pretty awesome. :D
TO THE NEXT EP FOR ME!

Also, it made me want icecream, really badly.

Is this the episode where Buttercup is skateboarding and the girls like "cream" over her, because I was like wtf?! why is Buttercup a lesbian..I mean I always thought she was...but finally my theories were correct..is that the suggestive things you were talking 'bout?
Oct 15, 2009 4:48 PM

Aug 2008
wesley96 said:
im very dissapointed in this. i was a big ppg fan whenn i was little, but watching this just butchers the original. it's so unloyal to the original, example-

who's ken?
and the way they became powerpuff girls was by chemicalx, not getting hit by asteroids giving them powers.

the only thing i actually liked was the opening and mojo's voice. that's about it. i think ill stick to the original ppg instead of this.

I'll admit I watched the original series and I liked it very much, but when I look back at it I, like everyone else am most likely doing so through a pair of nostalgia goggles as the show began to air over a decade ago, its a hard thing to compare.

Anyways this isn't a remake, its another series based off it. I mean they even blatantly change it from chemical X to Z with a rice cake. Now im always one to say something butchers the original but this isn't trying to hard to be the original. Its more of a parody (of a parody ironically) then anything (Mojo and Momoko's internal dialogue explaining their roles due solely on the fact of what their wearing and who they are, mid fight ice cream break, etc.).

I wasn't a fan of some of the changes either, namely the mayor who seems much more competent this time around, and Mojos apparent quest for sweets.

Also for clarity i'm pretty sure those weren't asteroids they were chunks of the Glacier they blew out of the middle of Tokyo city
NyantaOct 15, 2009 4:53 PM

Feb 5, 2016 12:59 AM

Jul 2014
Nyanta said:
wesley96 said:

who's ken?

I'll admit I watched the original series and I liked it very much, but when I look back at it I, like everyone else am most likely doing so through a pair of nostalgia goggles as the show began to air over a decade ago, its a hard thing to compare.

Anyways this isn't a remake, its another series based off it. I mean they even blatantly change it from chemical X to Z with a rice cake. Now im always one to say something butchers the original but this isn't trying to hard to be the original. Its more of a parody (of a parody ironically) then anything (Mojo and Momoko's internal dialogue explaining their roles due solely on the fact of what their wearing and who they are, mid fight ice cream break, etc.).

I wasn't a fan of some of the changes either, namely the mayor who seems much more competent this time around, and Mojos apparent quest for sweets.

Also for clarity i'm pretty sure those weren't asteroids they were chunks of the Glacier they blew out of the middle of Tokyo city

Its a magical girl Anime. Its not bad but it doesn't have the original series appeal. I'm not buying the Magical Girl thing considering they were made from Chemical X in the Original.

Is this supposed to be revenge for what we do to Anime?
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Apr 1, 2016 12:41 AM

Jul 2012
I love this as far as episode 1 go. Especially that transformation scene, it's the best I've ever seen. I'm hooked on it. It's so cool and funky, and with the soundtrack complementing it and the whole show, it's awesome. In overall, I think it's a good show.

I've never seen the original powerpuff girls so I don't really get all the hate but when I tried watching it just one, the anime is much better imo.
よろしく!
May 27, 2016 6:53 AM

May 2016
Meh. I put the original cartoon I loved aside when I watched this, and even so, it was still a bit much. The woman looks (and sounds) like a man, Mojo can barely take the attacks of three weak little girls (they are DEFINITELY not powerful, like in the other cartoon), and Ken is a disobedient little boy. Also, the PPGZ STOPPED TO EAT ICE CREAM DURING A FIGHT?! Are they crazy?! And the villian, instead of getting them while they're distracted, ATE IT WITH THEM?! And, how did Ms. Bellum get to that ice cream shop during this?! How unbelieveable! It's a bit unbelievable that a bun was all they needed to change Chemical X into chemical stronger than itself. Also, why do more people have a crush on BUBBLES than BLOSSOM? Bubbles is ADORABLE not hot?!?! Hey, but I guess a lot of guys are into that?! One thing I did love, though is how Buttercup punches the screen during her solo transformation. XD Oh, and I liked how Blossom says it's "Japan Common-Sense" that she is a pink-wearing transforming heroine, and Mojo says it's "Worldly Common Sense" that he is the talking monster villian, because it's such irony that even CHARACTERS IN ANIME know the cliches of anime. XD IT WAS DISGUSTING when Mojo licked that cracker out of a lion's mouth. Then, Blossom showed him how to eat it. *Facepalm* Now, all mahou shoujo is unbelievable, and this is a kid's show, but this is a bit too much for me to stomach. I will move on and hope it gets better, because right now, the fight scenes were so boring!
Insert awesome anime quote by my favorite character, here.
Sep 27, 2022 4:18 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
So Mojo stole a sandwich from a lion's mouth, that blossom later stole and ate herself...what?
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
May 20, 12:33 PM

Dec 2018
Lol Blossom reminds me of Minako and Usagi from Sailor Moon.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Demashitaa! Powerpuff Girls Z Episode 52 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Dec 10, 2009

6 by TheAnimeFan2000 »»
Apr 20, 2023 12:45 PM

Poll: » Demashitaa! Powerpuff Girls Z Episode 49 Discussion

2 by TheAnimeFan2000 »»
Apr 19, 2023 4:45 PM

Poll: » Demashitaa! Powerpuff Girls Z Episode 45 Discussion

3 by TheAnimeFan2000 »»
Apr 18, 2023 2:35 PM

Poll: » Demashitaa! Powerpuff Girls Z Episode 41 Discussion

2 by TheAnimeFan2000 »»
Apr 17, 2023 2:36 PM

Poll: » Demashitaa! Powerpuff Girls Z Episode 37 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Dec 8, 2009

1 by TheAnimeFan2000 »»
Apr 16, 2023 1:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.