Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 7, 2010 5:02 PM

Dec 2009
Alright, so this episode I really loved. And I actually can stand Haru for once! >w> Lovin' this arc already.
Dec 7, 2010 5:10 PM

Nov 2009
I can't wait to Nao get dumped on her ass...I mean, OMG Sora! (seriously i was more excited about the former this episode.)

ATX censoring Sora? Whats up with that. I have to say the last scene was pretty good in more than just the fact that it was Sora. I have to say i don't like her because of the incest but because after the first arc she is the only other interesting character.
(Good 7/10)
Dec 7, 2010 5:31 PM

Nov 2008
Calib said:

I think he was jerking it at first.. but later came to sense that it is his own little sister he is fapping to.. then felt sick and sad cus its just wrong

Indeed :D

He experienced the same thing as this link below:

read until 11th or 12th page to see what I mean
DenjaXDec 7, 2010 5:38 PM

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Dec 7, 2010 5:41 PM

Sep 2010
Lelouch_X said:
Censorship only on Sora =/
Only because she's tooo hot =P

QFT

McRib said:
I am disgusted by this episode. The sheer idea that he would defile the holy bond between siblings disgusts me. I don't see how a child of God could do such a thing. I don't even know if I can handle this anymore...I've seen some blasphemous stuff but this takes the cake. As a Christian anime viewer I am completely offended.

Ok, why watch this then? Seriously. I'm a Christian myself but I, not once have complained about that. If you seriously think it's wrong then why bother watch up 'til now? Isn't it wrong from the start? Seriously, Premarital Sex, Underage'd Sex, What more?
Dec 7, 2010 5:46 PM

Dec 2009
I screamed: WTF?!?! a million times after the ED song came on...jeez, i felt so cheated!! Have to say this is one of the most interesting episodes and even though I don't mind Nao, I'm getting tired of her arc now..next week PLEASE fly by so I can see epi 11!!!
Signatures were meant to be:

A. Flashy (40% of MAL users)
B. Creative (56% of MAL users)
C. Cool (4% of MAL users)
D. None of the above (your signature)

Dec 7, 2010 6:11 PM

Jul 2009
notathome said:
I disagree. Sora being such a fan favorite is well grounded in common sense. For one, harem manga/anime and visual novels (which Yosuga no Sora is based on) cater to the wish fulfillment principle. People who can't be in the situation presented in media get to live it out vicariously. So it makes sense that so many would like Sora's character since Haru is always passing over her devotion to him in favor of other girls; the natural reaction (to them) is to think, "But I would do things differently, if it were me."

In short, it just shows YOUR own subjective view. What wish fulfillment principle? This principle can also be applied to other girls besides Sora too, and the "many" you mentioned is "Sora's fans" amirite? ;)

For two, Haruka is the most intimate with Sora (could argue Nao too, but Sora/Haruka have lived together). It is generally more satisfying to see a deeply rooted relationship blossom into romance than to see an entirely new relationship begin (with exceptions depending on execution, level of involvement, etc.).

It is not "generally", it's 50/50 at best. This whole knowing each other since childhood is getting old. And yes, it does depend on execution & blablabla but from what I see here, all of the girls have the same shallow share of character development so why should one be superior than others when all I know about her is that she's a good-looking spoiled brat who has a bro-con? And please don't bring that novel shit into this since we're talking about the ANIME, TY~

And for three and above all, Sora's dependency on Haruka touches a lot of people, I'm sure. She's physically weak; she's anti-social; and she just lost her parents. There's deep emotional attachment to her brother, there. To see her needs fulfilled perhaps fulfills (in a way) the unsatisfied personal needs of some viewers.

She's not the only one with pitiable circumstance, hon'. Pretty sure that ADHD girl in the 2nd arc is as pitiable, if not more. Even Nao too as she's a victim of childhood trauma. But in a way, you're correct regarding the "dependency" part as men tend to be idiots who like to play the shining knight in pink armor whenever they see a DO-ABLE girl shedding (crocodile) tears and thnx to that, many can lead a prosperous life outta it... Anyway, this strategy worked wonderfully seeing how many suckers for Sora there are here...

And another point I may suggest is regarding looks: If you look at all the girls, obviously Sora stands out the most and since we know that most people only care about looks so even if the girl is brain dead, they will prefer her over one who's less attractive. Sometimes I wonder what'd happen if Nao or any other girl switch role with Sora... That, complimented with Aversa's point regarding people's obsession with taboos, makes perfect sense concerning the mass' ridiculous behavior: "I like Sora because she's hot, has a nice ass, I love WINCEST even though I may or may not even watch any show with WINCEST in it, I wonder what WINCEST even means... but Imma just jump in teh wagon anyway. Oh my! Poor Sora, she's all alone and acting like a bitch to Haru but since my ***** likes her (looks), Imma like her as well, even if she's a pain in the ass to deal with"

I find it interesting how McRib manages to get so many people to care . . . and care more than perhaps he himself does? Seeing as he only posts once per discussion . . . this could be an epic prank for all you know, couldn't it?

It's for LULZ man, and sadly there are sooooo many SRS BZNZ people who got TRAP'D. Successful troll is successful 8-)

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Dec 7, 2010 6:13 PM

Sep 2010
Sartaj said:

He's probably just a troll trying to see what kind of reactions he'd get from that statement. Don't read in to it too much.

yeah, just wanted to troll back and stuff.

mizsphinx said:

What's better, I'd like to see him/her handle Koi Kaze hehehe

Eh? I think Koi Kaze is safer than YnS, other than the fact that they thought about committing suicide and that their parents are alive. Well it's just me.
Dec 7, 2010 6:21 PM

Jan 2007
Wow, Sora was very cunning this episode. I love it. And what a twist at the end there with Sora mastu-HHNNNNNGGGGHHHHHHHH.
Dec 7, 2010 7:09 PM
Dec 2010
In short, it just shows YOUR own subjective view. What wish fulfillment principle? This principle can also be applied to other girls besides Sora too, and the "many" you mentioned is "Sora's fans" amirite? ;)

No. My favorite character isn't even Sora, and I'm not particularly interested in this arc. I'm only saying that there is usually intrinsic motivation for human interest, and I'm trying to justify that interest rationally. Making this personal doesn't substantiate the argument, anyway; only logic can do that, so I'll stick to that.

Yes, wish fulfillment theory can be applied to any aspect of any media form. However, the extent of wish fulfillment depends on the target audience. This is a shounen/seinen anime. That many of its viewers are more sympathetic to Sora is natural. Show me in what fashion you would apply wish fulfillment to the other girls, and I can probably approach the Sora side with twice as many cogent explanations.

Let's take, I don't know, Kazuha-Haruka. The basis of this relationship is that two strangers who meet, take an interest in each other that can be called artistic in certain ways (the instrument, her connection to her father, etc.); this is a fairly common scenario that audience members can relate to. If you've been to college you'll know that it's pretty easy to get a date/girlfriend/boyfriend, and it's almost as easy in high school (maybe easier depending on culture). Members of the seinen/shounen audience can already relate to this setup. Wish fulfillment can still be applied, but not to everyone in the target audience.

Now, let's take Sora. She's lived with Haruka for a long time; they share a familial bond; they're bound by common loss (their parents); Haruka is in a way Sora's caretaker. To see a romantic relationship develop in this situation--not including the fact that they're blood-related--is natural, but doesn't happen so often in real life, especially for the depicted age group. Thus, this kind of situation applies much less commonly to the target audience, and the wish fulfillment theory kicks in here.

It has less to do with social taboos and more to do with placement of audience. In other words, show the average teenage male a character who wins a boxing match, and wish fulfillment only minimally applies; show the average teenage male a character who defeats Godzilla, and wish fulfillment will definitely apply.

It is not "generally", it's 50/50 at best.

Go take a look at most harem manga or anime--and I may be wrong on this; do correct me, because I haven't read a lot of harem manga or watched much anime in general--and then look at popularity polls. Do you notice that the main heroine, or the one whose relationship with the hero is most developed, is the most popular? This is not a phenomenon unique to Yosuga no Sora, and it has relatively few exceptions of which I'm aware (but then again I have limited experience with the genre).

Sora's had 1.) the most screen time to build anticipation of her arc, both because her arc is last and because she lives with Haru and so is involved in a lot of scenes (in Kazuha's arcs she was shown home alone fairly often); 2.) the strongest connection to the anime as a concept (the opening song is almost all about her, and the title features a distanced reflection of her character, even sharing her literal name); and 3.) has known Haruka the longest.

When I say "old relationships" I'm not just talking about the idea of being childhood friends, living together, etc. Those are the foundations on which the relationship rests in this case, yes, but I'm talking about general intimacy as portrayed in a media form, and in this case that involves their childhood together. The childhood is inseparable from the development of their romantic relationship, but it's by no means the only reason one might find said relationship emotionally compelling.

All the girls get arcs, but the anime gears you toward Sora's arc, in other words.

Case in point: Sora qtd as saying "it has all been a dream, even the affair with Nao." This is the voice of the anime pounding it in that Sora IS the final/main character. Why wouldn't she be the most popular character by a decent margin?

By way of analogy: in a Twilight poll, Edward/Robert Pattinson would win out over Jacob/Taylor Lautner any day. But reverse the roles, without reversing the personalities/relationships, and the polls switch, guaranteed.

I agree you with subjectively on looks, even though I'm mostly talking from an objective standpoint. But I still disagree on the effect of the "wincest" aspect on her fanbase. I think it's less about taboos (because, let's be honest, few of us would do our sisters . . . I hope; and if this were about anal sex, a fairly strong social taboo in its own right, I doubt the fanbase would be as absolutely rabid) and more about the audience/the way the anime has played out.

By contrast, Amagami. It never ever focuses on one central heroine, and all get about equal screen time even outside of their arcs. The fanbase is evenly divided.
Dec 7, 2010 7:28 PM

Oct 2007
Wow. They kinda sorta managed to give Sora a semblance of a personality/ emotional tether. Welp been waiting for the wincest so I guess this ep was ok.
Dec 7, 2010 7:28 PM

Jul 2010
notathome said:

No. My favorite character isn't even Sora, and I'm not particularly interested in this arc.

I stopped reading after this.
Dec 7, 2010 7:33 PM

Feb 2008
UNHOLY MOTHER OF BELZEBUB, WTF WITH THE CENSOR!!!!, WASS TERRIBLE!!

Like this ep 7/10

Dec 7, 2010 7:41 PM

Aug 2009
I couldn't help but feel somewhat disturbed by this episode.

-Haruka's inner conflict: while the tears may have been a bit much, I can understand that he's justifiably freaked out. I'm sure he'd want nothing more than for Sora to have a normal, happy life, but after what he saw, all chances for that are pretty much shot at this point.

-Sora's behavior: there have been flashes of her clingy manipulative behavior in past episodes, but it was on in full force here. Honestly, it feels like she has dependent personality disorder. I'd say she needs psychological help more than Haruka's meat stick.

-Where Nao fits into all of this: while I understand Haruka's desire to suppress his incestuous feelings for what he believes to be the greater good of himself and Sora, using his relationship with Nao as little more than a mental block doesn't sit right with me. Say what you will about her, all I see is a nice girl in love with her boyfriend. Yes there's that whole rape deal but if they're both OK with it, who's to interfere? The same logic can be used to justify the incest everyone seems so fine with.

Kind of a lengthy post, but I really can't help myself when it seems like every other post is either "lololol wincest" or "fuck that four-eyed bitch." I know I'm probably taking this too seriously and am likely getting trolled, it's just... difficult. It's a fine line, trying to post something vaguely intelligent without coming off like an elitist asshole (which is probably what happens most of the time). Sorry.
LightningRamielDec 7, 2010 8:04 PM
Ha-cha!
Dec 7, 2010 8:03 PM

Jun 2010
LightningRamiel said:
I couldn't help but feel somewhat disturbed by this episode.

-Haruka's inner conflict: while the tears may have been a bit much, I can understand that he's justifiably freaked out. I'm sure he'd want nothing more than for Sora to have a normal, happy life, but after what he saw, all chances for that are pretty much shot at this point.

-Sora's behavior: there have been flashes of her clingy manipulative behavior in past episodes, but it was on in full force here. Honestly, it feels like she has dependent personality disorder. I'd say she needs psychological help more than Haruka's meat stick.

-Where Nao fits into all of this: while I understand Haruka's desire to suppress his incestuous feelings for what he believes to be the greater good of himself and Sora, using his relationship with Nao as little more than a mental block doesn't sit right with me. Say what you will about her, all I see is a nice girl in love with her boyfriend. Yes there's that whole rape deal but if they're both OK with it, who's to interfere? The same logic can be used to justify the incest everyone seems so fine with.

Long post is long, but I really can't help myself when it seems like every other post is either "lololol wincest" or "fuck that four-eyed bitch." I know I'm probably taking this too seriously and am likely getting trolled, it's just... difficult. It's a fine line, trying to post something vaguely intelligent without coming off like an elitist asshole (which is probably what happens most of the time). Sorry.

You're right, but remember Haru was having wild fantasies about Sora throughout the show, too. It goes a lot more beyond just wanting her to be happy. She needs more than his meat stick, but his fantasies show he wants to give it to her, which makes him very confused and ashamed (hence the tears).
Dec 7, 2010 8:04 PM

May 2010
I hope the drama will be good this time..

BTW, the maid got serious scenes??
Dec 7, 2010 8:20 PM
Dec 2010
Calib said:
notathome said:

No. My favorite character isn't even Sora, and I'm not particularly interested in this arc.

I stopped reading after this.

Hey, at least it's meaningful discussion beyond "Nao sucks."
Dec 7, 2010 8:37 PM

Aug 2010
I just have to say one thing: Sora masturbating = greatness!
Dec 7, 2010 8:46 PM

Sep 2009
prismheart said:
I just have to say one thing: Sora masturbating = greatness!

lol the greatness even made Haruka burst into tears xD
Dec 7, 2010 9:21 PM

Nov 2010
That's how it usually starts isn't it, atleast in anime? Brother walking in his sister's masturbating about him.

What's the hell's up with Ryouhei? If I was Haru, I'd break his nose. You don't get into a guy's face to get with his sister then imply that he's doing something to her.
Dec 7, 2010 9:21 PM

Jul 2009
notathome said:
Making this personal doesn't substantiate the argument, anyway; only logic can do that, so I'll stick to that.

Cool. You're one of the few who can speak objectively instead of those pro-insert faction- fans I've tried to make a coherent argument with =)

Thus, this kind of situation applies much less commonly to the target audience, and the wish fulfillment theory kicks in here.

Pardon my ignorance but how does it differ from 'taboos' then? Taboos also don't occur very often IRL too

show the average teenage male a character who defeats Godzilla, and wish fulfillment will definitely apply.

It's the desire for something unexpected to happen right? And in the case we're talking about, it's the audience's wish for something unexpected, in which case it's related to Haru & Sora. And since Sora is Haru's sis, it becomes a taboo. It might be your 'wish fulfillment' or whatever you want, but in this specific case, your W.F takes on the form of a taboo and I don't think Aversa was wrong when he/she was making that generalization.

Go take a look at most harem manga or anime--and I may be wrong on this; do correct me, because I haven't read a lot of harem manga or watched much anime in general--and then look at popularity polls. Do you notice that the main heroine, or the one whose relationship with the hero is most developed, is the most popular?

It might be. The reason I said "might" is because of the fact that when you analyze said popular characters, they all share the same personalities of what I call a "generic main heroine". From my observation & some IRL encounters, I can safely assume that those girls have the desired traits of a dream girl whom most JPnese wanna STICK IT IN. With that factor added, there's only 1/2 chance to definitely conclude that "knowing each other since childhood" is the cause for their popularity. And if we can count on New Type's character poll, it might show a wholly different aspect of popularity....

Sora's had 1.) the most screen time to build anticipation of her arc, both because her arc is last and because she lives with Haru and so is involved in a lot of scenes (in Kazuha's arcs she was shown home alone fairly often); 2.) the strongest connection to the anime as a concept (the opening song is almost all about her, and the title features a distanced reflection of her character, even sharing her literal name); and 3.) has known Haruka the longest.

1) In some characters' arc, her presence is nonexistent

2) It's not the first time that an anime features a certain character then shifts focus on another

3) It's verbally mentioned. It wasn't shown to attract more sympathy from viewers, I feel slightly annoyed at the nerve of some people who claimed that this anime is similar to Koi Kaze due to that fact. In KK, the characters' relationship is very well defined since it focuses mostly on 2 characters of interest; meanwhile, this anime's focusing scope is way too large so each heroine gets the same treatment and most development needed to mark the difference between the true heroine vs. minor ones is visually absent.

Case in point: Sora qtd as saying "it has all been a dream, even the affair with Nao." This is the voice of the anime pounding it in that Sora IS the final/main character. Why wouldn't she be the most popular character by a decent margin?

I don't remember which ep that is. And if it happened to be in her arc, then I'm sorry to break this to you but in that case, it should make her look more special than others since it's HER arc after all. However, if that line was in other characters' arc then yes, it should give her an edge.

By way of analogy: in a Twilight poll, Edward/Robert Pattinson would win out over Jacob/Taylor Lautner any day. But reverse the roles, without reversing the personalities/relationships, and the polls switch, guaranteed.

Not reading Twilight since I was tired after reading pages dedicated solely of emphasizing how good-looking the dude is =/

So, I don't have any knowledge that I can generate into arguments here...

But I still disagree on the effect of the "wincest" aspect on her fanbase. I think it's less about taboos (because, let's be honest, few of us would do our sisters . . . )

But this is NOT REAL, mind you? And since it's fictional, some can wish for crazy things that'd give them excitement that mundane IRL is unable to provide. And like I said, some just jump on the band wagon w/o even watching any of those "WINCEST" anime. I saw the same thing happened with the "NICE BOAT" meme where some posters didn't even watch a single ep of the original anime to know why it is the way it is, and they just casually throw that in any romance anime. Why? Well, I guess it's "1337" to do so, or to be an attention whore, to be funny, etc... So the same thing may very well happen here, some might genuinely wanna watch the WINCEST because they have such fetishes, some seeking for excitement because it's "taboo", and some who are Sora's fans even before the anime's airing.

By contrast, Amagami. It never ever focuses on one central heroine, and all get about equal screen time even outside of their arcs. The fanbase is evenly divided.

Amagami gives the same treatment to class rep: She got slightly more screen time than others, she is on the cover of the game & her arc is dead last, not to mention she has the typical characteristics of a "generic heroine". The format of Amagami and this is practically the same, minus the angst + sex scenes. The slight difference is that her hype as the main heroine is toned down in her respective plot compared to Sora.

Dec 7, 2010 9:48 PM

Oct 2010
LightningRamiel said:

It's Haru's fault for kissing her,which is why she has a brother complex. (I'm not even gonna take the blame to Nao. The rape shouldn't be Haru's excuse to become a pervert as it's of his own free will.) Then again, even if she gets her mind treated through some therapy or so, who's gonna be responsible for her well being? Sure she's dependent. Now that their parents are gone Haru's the only person left to comfort her loneliness and live off take care of her. She can't do household chores;all she does is sit around the house all day,eating junk food, surfing the internet like a hikikomori. So maybe it's not the meat stick she needs, but Haru has to spend time giving her the proper care and attention so she could be more secure, and he should teach her to support herself.

LightningRamiel said:
Where Nao fits into all of this: while I understand Haruka's desire to suppress his incestuous feelings for what he believes to be the greater good of himself and Sora, using his relationship with Nao as little more than a mental block doesn't sit right with me.

More of a reason to break up with Nao. (for this arc at least) If one don't truly love his/her partner, then it's better to just break up with the partner rather than lying to one's own feelings and possibly risk hurting the other side.

LightningRamiel said:
Say what you will about her, all I see is a nice girl in love with her boyfriend. Yes there's that whole rape deal but if they're both OK with it, who's to interfere? The same logic can be used to justify the incest everyone seems so fine with.

I'm not seeing how this logic can be applied at the moment, but i won't ask you to explain it for me.
Dec 7, 2010 10:00 PM

Feb 2010
Oh, the ending to this episode made me lol.

He sees Sora masturabating, and he cries?

:D

I expected to see feelings of embarrassment and shame (amongst other emotions) but I didn't expect Haru to manifest them by crying.
novalisDec 7, 2010 10:07 PM
Dec 7, 2010 10:04 PM

Jun 2010

Finally someone able to say everything I think, but can't put into words. As for the last point, I thought it was pretty obvious that in this episode, Haru hasn't had any real feelings for Nao, he'e just trying to keep his mind off of his infatuation he's beginning to develop/notice for Sora. Sure, Nao might 'love' her boyfriend, but if Haru doesn't feel the same, the relationship is pretty much pointless to be in. And he doesn't seem too in to it from my point of view.

Then again, this is the Sora arc, so it'd be weird if the writers did make Haru legitimately interested in Nao, right? Going to enjoy the NTR next episode.

Mod edit: Added spoiler tag.
desolatoDec 12, 2010 5:48 AM
Dec 7, 2010 10:09 PM
Feb 2009
wow why cry HAru that scene shuld be glory day to ya
Dec 7, 2010 10:24 PM

Jun 2009
I really though Haru would also fap after seeing Sora doing it.

I guess the idea of wincest still bother onii-chan since he broke out of tears. I was also surprised that this is the first time I saw him back out of fucking a girl in this series.

Motoka's omake was funny as usual. I expected more wincest but well, I guess that's okay... for now.

Edit: oh re-watching it. Did also Haru fap to Sora? I think it's because of that, that he felt guilty and probably the reason why he cried cause he thought he was so fucked up doing that to her own sister. Interesting, still the power of Wincest will win. No use fighting against it Haru. :3
-QuasarDec 7, 2010 10:34 PM
Dec 7, 2010 10:52 PM

Aug 2009
@Sartaj and @LeFake

Good points across the board. I don't know how I missed the idea that Haru should break up with Nao because it's one-sided and not fair for her. Still unfortunate how she got caught up in all this though :/
Ha-cha!
Dec 7, 2010 11:05 PM

Nov 2010
Why does he cry? o_o
Dec 7, 2010 11:22 PM

Nov 2007
... honestly I di dn't really like this. most times I don't really mind wincest in anime but I don't like it here. I'm surprised so many people are THAT supportive and saying he should whack it after seeing HIS SISTER mbate. would you? it's not something most guys would want to see.

and she's manipulative and whiny. yeah ditch your guild friend to do what I want! I'm really surprised so many want him to straight up nail his sister.....

this is just weird especially with how odd he's acting around Nao compared to the first half.
Dec 7, 2010 11:39 PM

Aug 2010
I was curious to see how they would ruin Sora's arc, and I wasn't disappointed. At least the show can deliver that much...I'm still hoping for my nice boat though. 4/5.
Dec 8, 2010 12:19 AM

Feb 2010
The crying is understandable. After witnessing Sora doing it he can never ever look at her in the same way again.

This episode shows he's trying to hold back but that wont change the fact he still views her as an attractive female. His mind must be pretty messed up at that moment.
Dec 8, 2010 12:56 AM

Jun 2010
mystik said:
... honestly I di dn't really like this. most times I don't really mind wincest in anime but I don't like it here. I'm surprised so many people are THAT supportive and saying he should whack it after seeing HIS SISTER mbate. would you? it's not something most guys would want to see.

and she's manipulative and whiny. yeah ditch your guild friend to do what I want! I'm really surprised so many want him to straight up nail his sister.....

this is just weird especially with how odd he's acting around Nao compared to the first half.

She only told him to ditch Ryouhei because she knew he was lying and wasn't going to meet Ryouhei.

As for how he feels about Nao, explanations for that given in above post, as well as prior pages. New arc, Haru has no real feelings for her. He's just getting his mind off Sora.

And as for my support for Sora, it really has nothing to do with her being his sister, but more of she's just cute. To be perfectly honest, and some people are probably going to laugh at this, but I didn't even know this was a twincest anime based off an eroge when I originally picked it up.
Dec 8, 2010 1:20 AM
May 2010
I'm watching this with my sister and we find it very interesting, reminds us our good old days when we where hiding our relationship
Dec 8, 2010 1:30 AM

Jan 2008
ZaggyPlushie said:
I'm watching this with my sister and we find it very interesting, reminds us our good old days when we where hiding our relationship

Aaaand today's Post of The Day goes to.....
Dem clubcards are big..

http://ilyasviel.mybrute.com
Dec 8, 2010 1:35 AM

Sep 2010

Mod edit: This whole post hurts my eyes. You seem to have taken a liking to calling out other users on their posts, but all I see from you are 'lol's and QFT's. So, think again.
desolatoDec 12, 2010 5:38 AM
Dec 8, 2010 1:51 AM
Feb 2010
SentiNel said:
ZaggyPlushie said:

Aaaand today's Post of The Day goes to.....

I second this notion.
Now about the episode.....needs more Sora and less of Nao >_>
KoisolaDec 8, 2010 2:19 AM
| "In my time, the wowd is WUINED AND WIFEWESS!."

- Paradox (Yugioh: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged Movie) |

Dec 8, 2010 3:07 AM

Feb 2010
lol so the plot finally hit wincest....
Dec 8, 2010 3:08 AM

Nov 2010
could anyone explain to me the cellphone scene, where sora appears, i dont get it xD.

this episode was great, of course like others say, except for the appearance of nao, but thank goodness she's not that much of a trouble anymore, im so hooked to this can't wait for the next episode
Dec 8, 2010 3:52 AM

Aug 2009
that was the most awkward thing I've watched in a while.
Dec 8, 2010 4:30 AM

Sep 2009
FTF:

*laughs* *laughs*...as usual the best!

Everything in the episode was perfect. Sora being Sora. Nao acting like Nao >.> (" oh my gaaad hon...I totally forgot how I raped you when you were a kid'....lets make plans for next Sunday again. Ok?! *boobs bouncing* *chu* " >.>)

Haru crying was perfect. Not having enough freedom to give up to your true feelings; this is why taboo relationships are epic where there's hesitation, pain, secrets and 'contemporary' mortal societies acting like they always do (their pivotal nature to never deviate from norm).

yet again I am going to compliment the OST.
Dec 8, 2010 6:24 AM

Oct 2009
Linalee-Stratos said:
yet again I am going to compliment the OST.

The OST for the anime is epic indeed, much better than the one for the game IMO. Can't wait to get my hands on it when the 1st and 3rd BDs are out.
Dec 8, 2010 6:38 AM

Dec 2008
Wow! Sora is quite aggressive!!
Haru, you've witnessed your sister masturbating and calling out your name. After you finish crying, what will you do? What WILL you DO?
Dec 8, 2010 7:40 AM

Aug 2008
Somehow points for Sora dropped and Nao's went up for me. D:
Dec 8, 2010 8:35 AM

Feb 2009
Lol at people taking this show too seriously.
Epic thread right here. Makes watching this show very worthwhile.

I feel like this is like another common episode of Sora and Nao instead of Sora's arc only. There's a balance of both of them here. I guess there's a need to focus on Nao since Haru and Nao's relationship along is the basis of Sora arc.
A lot of skin exposure from Sora here.
I lol'd at Nao talking on the phone and embracing the phone in her breasts.
And Sora doing that at the end and Haru crying was not expected but a good twist to the arc.
Let's see how this will turn out.
Dec 8, 2010 9:19 AM

Feb 2010
I expected that the episode will start again from the start.

Yay....it didn't...it made me like the first episode of Sora's Arc...

and yeah...the last part is shocking and half-CENSORED
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Dec 8, 2010 10:11 AM
Dec 2010
Cool. You're one of the few who can speak objectively instead of those pro-insert faction- fans I've tried to make a coherent argument with =)

The segment you quoted was my response to your associating my objective arguments with my personal viewpoint, but either way, at least this discussion is productive (well, as productive as a discussion centering on a hentai-based anime can be . . .).

Also, coherent and cogent are two different things.

Pardon my ignorance but how does it differ from 'taboos' then? Taboos also don't occur very often IRL too

The difference is the context. You're right that taboos in general fall under wish fulfillment (as almost everything can), but I don't think just "wincest" is enough to get Sora such a rabid fanbase. As I said before, anal sex is also a taboo, but I highly doubt you'd get as many fans rooting for her if that were the feature characteristic of her arc.

Taboo and W.F. are related, not congruent.

It's the desire for something unexpected to happen right? And in the case we're talking about, it's the audience's wish for something unexpected, in which case it's related to Haru & Sora. And since Sora is Haru's sis, it becomes a taboo. It might be your 'wish fulfillment' or whatever you want, but in this specific case, your W.F takes on the form of a taboo and I don't think Aversa was wrong when he/she was making that generalization.

No, wish fulfillment has nothing to do with the unexpected. It's hard to talk about apples when you think I'm talking about oranges, so I'll state clearly here that wish fulfillment is the satisfaction of a desire or need, either vicariously or through dreams.

The idea that it's just the taboo is wrong, because, well, it's not. The taboo is part of it, but the bigger issue here is wish fulfillment, into which the taboo falls. I don't doubt that Sora would still have the largest fanbase if it were suddenly revealed that they weren't brother and sister--do you? The taboo would be removed, but the W.F. principles driving it wouldn't. This includes without being limited to their childhood together, their shared loss (of their parents), and even the experience with Nao. The anime builds up that W.F. tension, whether intentionally or unintentionally.

With that factor added, there's only 1/2 chance to definitely conclude that "knowing each other since childhood" is the cause for their popularity.

Repeating myself here: knowing each other since childhood is one part of the much broader scheme here, which is general intimacy. Deeply intimate partners are preferred to newly developing relationships as far as I know in any media source, even in non-anime romantic comedies (rooting for the best friend, etc.). I don't understand where you get the 1/2 statistic or anything else in the paragraph this quotation comes from.

1) In some characters' arc, her presence is nonexistent

Not really. There's Nao, Akiho, and Kazuha. She was shown home alone quite often in Kazuha's route, and appeared a fair bit in Akiho's route (she made friends with Akiho, remember), and was all over the place in Nao's route. She's had more general screentime than anyone else, easily, and given that Kazuha had only two episodes to herself, Sora might have *double* her screentime altogether by the end of this.

3) It's verbally mentioned. It wasn't shown to attract more sympathy from viewers

Might not have been the intention, but it came off that way, so it doesn't matter.

Last bit about Amagami: wrong. Tsukasa doesn't actually get more screen time than any of the others--in fact, off the top of my head, I think Morishima Haruka gets the most screen time of all. She gets the most "side screen time" in every arc. Also, the original opening theme didn't feature Tsukasa at the center. That wasn't done until much later. For YNS, the opening theme ends with Haruka + Sora hugging naked, and is mostly about Sora. A pretty big indication right there.
Dec 8, 2010 10:54 AM

Jun 2009
i can't believe that i will actually say this but this anime really turned me upside down :

1. i am really again incest ( there are exceptions like this 1 ) and this anime actually made me to support it omg

2. all other girls r positively kawai but none of them is like Sora, not just coz she's "loly"

3. I was actually cheering 4 Haru to do all the girls and i found him quite cool but after 10 epsidoes of anime i chaged my mind after seeing how laime he acts and thinks

Generally all i can say that best character really is Sora . I think Haru should accept Sora's love coz lets be honest , they both suffered by loosing their parents , and we all saw that they had incest expiriences when they were in their childhood . So if we take all this into consideration its only normal that they end up together .
By saying this now i can actually say little smth about 10th ep . I am totally surprised seeing this much Nao and i was little disapointed . Again Haru acted like a idiot . by seeing the last scene where it shows the name of next ep. "Sora makes a failure" , i can't expect to be satisfying . All i can say on end is that i hope for good anime ending despite its 2early to talk about .
Gabriel

Dec 8, 2010 11:23 AM

Jul 2009
notathome said:
Also, coherent and cogent are two different things.

I'm well aware of that fact, TY for stating the obvious though. The reason I used "coherent" DOES apply to a certain case that I personally came across.

The difference is the context. You're right that taboos in general fall under wish fulfillment (as almost everything can), but I don't think just "wincest" is enough to get Sora such a rabid fanbase. As I said before, anal sex is also a taboo, but I highly doubt you'd get as many fans rooting for her if that were the feature characteristic of her arc.

Care to explain where you're coming from with the anal sex? Because I don't see anywhere in this anime that could happen or see how it has anything to do with the discussing subject.... But considering that scenario, I'm more than certain that she'd gain more followers who are into such fetishes if that were the feature of her arc.

Taboo and W.F. are related, not congruent.

Yes; however, that relativism applies specifically in this case because a taboo is involved. They might not be entirely congruent but the taboo is a better explanation regarding the analyze of the rabid fanbase's behavior toward this particular "wincest" anime IMO

No, wish fulfillment has nothing to do with the unexpected. It's hard to talk about apples when you think I'm talking about oranges, so I'll state clearly here that wish fulfillment is the satisfaction of a desire or need, either vicariously or through dreams.

And in this specific context that revolves around this anime, that "satisfaction of a desire or need, either vicariously or through dreams" stems from the taboo itself. And maybe the looks factor too. Favoritism comes into play under such occurence.

The idea that it's just the taboo is wrong, because, well, it's not. The taboo is part of it, but the bigger issue here is wish fulfillment, into which the taboo falls. I don't doubt that Sora would still have the largest fanbase if it were suddenly revealed that they weren't brother and sister--do you?

Well, I honestly doubt that, especially when the "wincest" in question almost makes up all the hype about this anime. Taking that out and that'd be like any other cheesy romance that we have daily. Consequently, most folks will be enraged because their expectation (or W.F) of blood-related siblings doing each other, which mainly consists of their reason to bother with the anime itself, is not satisfied. And that, might lead to a certain drop (be it major or minor) in Sora's fanbase.

I don't understand where you get the 1/2 statistic or anything else in the paragraph this quotation comes from.

It's an assumption from my part since I'm too lazy to look up for specific info. What I mean is that your claim regarding childhood partners are the MAIN cause for their popularity might not be absolute as there are other factors going for those type of characters that deviate popularity from focusing entirely on that particular feature of "knowing each other since childhood". It may be 1/3 or 3/4 or 2/3, etc... Who knows, but at least it shows that the reason those girls are popular is NOT because of the single fact that they know the MC since birth.

Repeating myself here: knowing each other since childhood is one part of the much broader scheme here, which is general intimacy. Deeply intimate partners are preferred to newly developing relationships as far as I know in any media source, even in non-anime romantic comedies (rooting for the best friend, etc.).

The same can be said to newly developped romance, unlesss you can provide me specific sources with reliable data. Otherwise, it'd be a matter of personal interpretation as personally, from what I've seen in recent anime, the childhood friend has a better tendency to lose to the newly introduced heroine. And I infer from those cases that this hype about "knowing each other while growing up" is getting trite. However, it MUST be included due to the fact that most japanese kids don't get to know many people outside their district so that "childhood partner" is a good device for self-reflection. And self-reflection is one thing, but whether they will prefer a new girlfriend or stay with the old one is another story.

I think Morishima Haruka gets the most screen time of all. She gets the most "side screen time" in every arc.

I don't wanna bother to go through those torturous eps just to find sauce to back up my arguments. From my memory, class rep is always around in every characters' arc too but I do remember Morishima better because her screen time is at least amusing compared to that of class rep's....

Also, the original opening theme didn't feature Tsukasa at the center. That wasn't done until much later.

One might argue that since it's nearing the most anticipating arc, might very well promote the main heroine~

Dec 8, 2010 11:58 AM

Jun 2010
On a Nao side-note, do girls seriously make all those poses Nao made during that phone conversation, while on the phone? I'm too much of a shut-in to know.

in before >comparing anime to rl.
Dec 8, 2010 12:03 PM

Jul 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Very good except for one thing: Seeing Nao again! Now that was D: Get this too, in the spoiler below such delicious scene of Sora masturbating it completely pawned the one on the chair.

What does Haru do when he sees that?
He cries like a little kid? WTF is that! Come on at least show us you would jerk off to that like many other guys I have seen on hentais. Haru you dissapoint me of all people again! Oh well Sora masturbating with passion made this episode over9000. So let the comments flow! Oh yeah also there is a black screen censor plaguing this episode. Another reason to watch the BDs when they come out. BTW next episode there is going to be rage! Anyone who has seen the preview knows that I am talking about.

I wonder if Haru is crying out of tears of joy or tears of shock. By the way there is still one more girl that Haru hasn't bang yet, I hope he bangs her first before he makes Sora his "FRENCH LES RESISTANCE."
yeo
Dec 8, 2010 12:07 PM

Jul 2010

Ya know, I don't think he has to bang Sora since she is his sisters, but since this is an anime, what's stopping the author from making Haru bang Sora? Then again, I prefer that Haru ends up with Nao.
desolatoDec 12, 2010 5:53 AM
yeo
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Dunkmaru - Dec 20, 2010

514 by szadam11 »»
Today, 2:49 AM

» Yosuga no Sora is greatly underestimated and I will prove it(The article contains a complete analysis of anime).

_User_ - Dec 29, 2021

34 by Zarutaku »»
May 6, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nozomu - Oct 18, 2010

287 by DemhatTks16 »»
Apr 11, 10:41 AM

» How can I add hanime in the app (Android)

Hickykissy - Mar 26

12 by Reevansingh21 »»
Mar 28, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Nov 22, 2010

230 by Rezete_01 »»
Feb 24, 3:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.