Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 2, 2013 10:11 PM
Sep 2013
Well...it took half the show for it, but this episode finally sold me on the series. Very emotional; far better than the Kano arc in my opinion.
Dec 24, 2013 4:31 AM

Feb 2011
Genix said:
Yukia-Kontan said:
Awww Episode 6 ruined me. So depressing....

Ohh that's odd... I didn't find this episode depressing at all... I didn't even found it that sad. Mabey is because I watched Kanon? :D

I agree , it wasn't sad at all. I should watch Kanon too.
May 6, 2014 9:47 AM

Jan 2014
It was a sad episode.
And yes, it felt a little bit rushed too, but I still liked it..

I hope we'll get to see Tohno again.
Jun 26, 2014 8:33 AM

Oct 2013
There was an element of confusion through most the episode I couldn't quite shake; even after the episode is over and it feels like everything regarding Minagi was answered, I can't shake that feeling of confusion as if I'm still missing something. The weird part is during the last part of the episode, I kept feeling the need to cry at it even though I didn't consciously find it very depressing.

I did like Minagi as a character a lot, though. I wish she was given more development time. Her arc was very touching, albeit short. Perhaps too short to really feel for her the way one would hope... maybe I should play the visual novel.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jul 17, 2014 8:13 PM

Aug 2012
Nice way to wrap things up =) little Michiru and Minagi are so cute together ^-^

I started to think of how good a couple YukitoXMinagi would be <3
Aug 23, 2014 7:45 PM

Jul 2014
This show has been kind of boring so far.

WTF is with all the hype? I can't wrap my head around it yet.
Nov 30, 2014 4:01 PM

Feb 2013
I thought this was gonna be better.
Jul 19, 2015 3:27 PM

Feb 2015
Fitting too much into 13 episodes. I swear this arc was only 2 episodes. Really depressing too.
May 10, 2016 3:42 PM

Jul 2013
The episode was very emotional and detailed in its execution. Honestly, I thought that they would carry on for at least one more episode for Minagi and then then extra one for Michiru, but I do think that they have done an excellent job packing it together.
That, and of course the well fitting cliffhanger, made this episode somehow stand out.
Dec 11, 2016 3:19 PM

Apr 2012
I'm surprised at how effective and impactful I felt that arc was in only two episodes. It probably COULD have been stretched out a little more but I really felt for Minagi and Michiru and swung wildly from very upset when Michiru left ("I'm not sad, I'm smiling after all!" omgggg) to overjoyed when it was revealed that she was essentially reborn as Minagi's beloved little sister after all (and that things were resolved with Minagi's mother -- living like that for years must have been hell). Really nice :')
Mar 25, 2017 2:13 PM

Nov 2016
Usually I'm easily affected by drama, but this anime doesn't trigger anything in me.
Maybe I expected too much.
Well, lets see how the end will play out.
So far rather average.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 26, 2018 10:25 AM

Mar 2013
So Michiru was indeed Tohno's dead sister... Or at least a representation of her. Oh my god. Pretty emotional episode. Not depressing but emotional. The goodbye scene especially.
Jun 4, 2020 4:48 AM

May 2018
Goodbye Tohno. Goodbye Michiru. Goodbye Misuzu. I guess only Kano is left to marry ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sep 1, 2020 12:15 AM

Oct 2007
rewatched episode 6 today

Michiru likes burger. :3

Minagi is a member of the astronomy club. She says it is a very selective club. She is the club president, because she is the only member. Also, she is proud of her height, because she thinks tall people are closer to the sky.

feeling sad for Minagi. Her mom is crazy.

Sep 24, 2020 1:59 PM

Aug 2018
OK she got reborn?? But she is living with Minagi's dad and is not a baby, meaning there were 2 of her alive at the same time??? Anyways I'm not surprised Misuzu fainted since she's really abnormal.
AmatnikiSep 24, 2020 9:39 PM

May 25, 2021 10:03 AM
Aug 2018
Good episode yet confusing at times. I feel the anime doesn't do the enough to make me feel sad. It's not 100% a depressing episode but its not a happy one either, i was surprised Michuru was suddenly thrown into the mix. Still, there were tons of irrelevant scenes which made this episode drop back a bit. Worth the excitement nonetheless.
Jun 11, 2021 6:11 PM

Jan 2021
Honestly, the drama in this anime doesn’t really hit. I’m glad Michiru was reborn into the world tho. That was wholesome.

Everything else though, was hollow and not much else. Pretty underwhelming so far.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Oct 7, 2021 2:43 AM

Feb 2014
Oh wow the Minagi arc was pretty quick o.o That was a sad parting with Michiru :'( I'm glad she has a little sister and went to meet her!

Unfortunately Misuzu's fall wasn't all that much of a surprise for me bc I forgot that I hadn't watched episode 6 yet so I went straight to episode 7 and was like “wait what when did this happen to her???” LOL
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2021 11:45 PM

Jan 2017
Only 2 episodes for Minagi's arc, it had potential but then her mom is suddenly ok all of a sudden wtf???

At least Michiru's being as a "human-formed" feather and Minagi's father whereabouts are addressed so it's not a dumb arc
Dec 20, 2021 7:12 PM
Dec 2017
another really sad episode.

Mar 7, 2022 7:57 PM

May 2020
As if I didn't see all this deal with Michiru coming, sigh. Everything's got concluded way to quickly in this short 2 episode arc, can't help but say this is some insane pacing. And just like Kanon can't feel anything here too.

Though anyways seems like now Misuzu's time.
Aug 23, 2022 12:32 PM
Apr 2022
I actually teared up a bit when Michiru left...at least they got their happy ending!
Dec 11, 2022 11:02 AM

Jan 2020
The more I watch this anime, the more I wish I could read the visual novel. If anyone knows a way I could play it, please let me know. I checked out steam and the air visual novel is definitely not available there, which is so sad!!

This episode was also sad.. though I don't care that much Michiru because she didn't have that much screen time. She was still a very likeable character and I didn't wish for her to go away so soon..
Jan 10, 2023 9:46 AM
Aug 2017
I know it's not what the writers want me to be focusing on in this episode but 2 things I can't help but think about for most of it:

• How does the mother's mental illness just magically disappear, and in the space of like 2 days at that?
  • The father deciding to abandon his mentally ill wife is one thing, but to also leave his not even teenage daughter alone under the supervision of said wife, who thinks the girl is her dead sibling. I mean, was this guy actively trying to horribly scar his kid?

These points were just so stupid to me that I honestly couldn't even bring myself to care about the intended-to-be emotional resolution for Minagi/Michiru's story. In fairness, watching The Day I Became a God before this has probably given me a very low impression of Juna Maeda's writing of mental illness so that probably didn't help. I absolutely loved Kanon which I watched shortly after getting into anime and I'm a bit worried I might find things annoying about that now too if I rewatched it. Although even with these complaints I'm still enjoying this way more than The Day I Became a God.
Oct 4, 2023 12:30 PM

Jan 2015
so this was Michiru’s arc in disguise. I thought it was Minagi’s.
Anyways, kinda sad that she had to go. I loved her funny interactions with the MC.

Air isn’t hitting me at all with the feelings tbh. The arcs are both confusing and rushed, but the characters are very lovable so I’m still enjoying this ride.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Air Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Animatronix - Mar 27, 2008

197 by EmmyMoomin »»
Jan 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Air Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

hznu - Aug 20, 2008

62 by EmmyMoomin »»
Jan 11, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Air Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Piroko - Nov 12, 2007

100 by KingYoshi »»
Oct 12, 2023 12:37 AM

Poll: » Air Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Genix - Oct 16, 2008

58 by Xenocrisi »»
Oct 5, 2023 6:59 AM

Poll: » Air Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Genix - Oct 9, 2008

58 by Xenocrisi »»
Oct 4, 2023 8:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.