Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
KATANAGATARI
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 12, 2010 11:56 AM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Togame is shot by Emonzaemon =(
Nov 12, 2010 2:50 PM
Jun 2008
Pengin is shot by Emonzaemon =(

Houou = Emonzaemon.The reason why Houou doesn't use danzaien because he is Emonzaemon.Even if he can use daizaien, Emonzaemon can easily counter it.Previouly,Houou mention that he can't properly use "trace history" because he is not used to it,but actually the truth is that he can't 100% utilize the skill as good as the previous user.
Houou only can steal part of body from a dead body.To be more precise, Houou actually steal parts of body from person which is spiritually dead.
Emonzaemon is very talented and powerful. He is the last person who survive the Maniwani's attack in Aoi corp.After every each of his comrade has died, he become complete mentally collapse and Houou take the chance to steal his part of body(Houou thought that Emonzaemon is dead).Later on, Hitei princess accept Emonzaemon as his subordinate ... happy ending
Wonder why did Emonzaemon always wear a mask?
because his face has been stolen >< .....

Unfortunately,Houou's body stealing skill has back fire him this time.His left hand is good at "tracking history"and it track the entire "history" of the sword into his own body.From the opening in civil war period,Shikizaki said that he is not concern of the society,but his true goal is the"history".

Now that all maniwani member has died, I guess the ending is near.....

MorningGloryNov 13, 2010 4:02 AM
Nov 12, 2010 5:14 PM

Jan 2009
Oh wow.
That's all I can say.
Sorry for grammar mistakes(if any), english is not my native language. Feel free to correct me if you see some.
Nov 12, 2010 9:20 PM

Mar 2010
As a Maniwa-Ningun fan, it was a pretty sad episode to watch. :(

Nov 13, 2010 12:59 AM

Nov 2007
Sounds like the princess is the real enemy against Togame and in this anime. (Last boss)? It's true that Maniwani family seems like "enemy" to Togame and Shichika, but they seems minor enemies...

By the way, where can I find ep.7's ED theme in full? I think it was already released. Found it.
tsubasaloverNov 15, 2010 5:53 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 13, 2010 3:24 AM

Sep 2007
Goodbye ... Togame.
Nov 13, 2010 7:58 AM

Jul 2010
Oh man, bad idea watching the raw with virtually no understanding of Japanese >.<

So...it starts off with the Houou and Emonzaemon fight that happened off screen earlier, and it's a really nicely animated fight. I chuckled at the shuriken exchange (Naruto anyone?). Strangely, for whatever reason, Houou can't use Ninpou: Danzaien to end the fight. Then Pengin tosses Houou his Dokutou Mekki as he's losing, causing him to go berserk and become possessed by Shikizaki Kiki (?). At any rate, Houou/Shikizaki definitely should've killed Emonzaemon.

Then, there's the Pengin x Emonzaemon "fight". When Emonzaemon showed up at the door, my heart just sank. Really sucks for Pengin. Emonzaemon tries to shoot him, but his ability is to manipulate fate (think he said 'unmei'), causing the bullets to miss...? Then Emonzaemon randomly shoots a bunch of shots and hits him o.0. And then there's the execution with really nicely done facial expressions. Brutal scene.

After that, Shichika and Togame go to the Maniwa village to hunt down Houou, and a really long dialogue ensues, but everything just went straight over my head. The fight was actually pretty anticlimactic with Houou/Shikizaki showing off Dokutou Mekki's power a bit before getting taken down by Shichika in one move. And now, they have 11 of the 12 swords.

And then the bloody ending. What. The. F*ck. Tragic, but isn't that a little too out of the blue, Togame just suddenly getting shot? Oh well, visually speaking, that scene was intense as hell, and will probably make even more of an impact when I see it subbed. Really can't wait, as this seemed to be one powerful episode with a good deal of exposition.

With the last episode coming in a month, there better be some good closure with Shichika brutalizing Emonzaemon and Hitei. Maybe not Hitei, but she at least has to pay for her actions in one form or another. I wonder how Shichika's gonna overcome Entou Jyuu, the most overpowered "sword" ever. Oh, and Shichika's gauntlet run better be good.
Nov 13, 2010 8:44 AM
Jun 2008
linnaes said:
Emonzaemon tries to shoot him, but his ability is to manipulate fate (think he said 'unmei'), causing the bullets to miss...?
manipultae fate? lol you doesn't have to follow the translation so tightlyfcuk Nishio ishin and his confusing word play. You can just simply say " Pengin is a lucky man".
That is why Pengin is a very good at collecting information(episode 6).

He die because luck can't win over physic X(
MorningGloryNov 13, 2010 8:51 AM
Nov 13, 2010 9:56 AM

Mar 2009
i can only one thing,,,, BEST ANIME SO FAR,,, and i cant wait to see the last episode of this masterpiece,,, BEST ANIME EVER

i cry , laugh, happy and now praying that this will a perfect ending
i am going to be the i the one with the biggest manga pocket collgection

url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/enerjak&sclick=1][/url]
Nov 14, 2010 12:32 AM
Jun 2010
SSJ Shichika, incoming.

I don't understand why ricocheting the bullets killed Pengin, that was such a lame ending for the little guy. At least we got to see his skills which were pretty neat. Houou/Emonzaemon storyline was really good, really like how that all came together so nicely.

That ending though...that was so fucked up. This princess can eat a dick.
Nov 14, 2010 4:04 AM

Oct 2009
OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMG.

GG wp rmk.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2010 4:06 AM

Aug 2008
Didn't see that ending coming.

And the ED is Faylan's 3rd anime song this season o.O
llamabenNov 14, 2010 4:09 AM
Nov 14, 2010 4:20 AM

Oct 2009
Very awesome and i hated/loved the cliffhanger (like always but this time i especially LOVED IT)
And a random thing here... Did i hear Jun Fukuyama's voice in the beginning? That founder of the Kyoutoryuu had a voice that was REALLY familiar to me... (Lelouch?)
BADGES
Nov 14, 2010 4:44 AM

Aug 2009
RyuRetro said:
Did i hear Jun Fukuyama's voice in the beginning? That founder of the Kyoutoryuu had a voice that was REALLY familiar to me... (Lelouch?)

Nope it was Abe Atsushi aka Touma from Index.
Nov 14, 2010 5:19 AM
Nov 2009
if togame is dead this anime is shit
Nov 14, 2010 5:30 AM

Sep 2009
OMG Through that whole episode i was like i bet togame get shot i cant wait 4 next ep :P
Nov 14, 2010 6:01 AM

Aug 2009
torrentsven said:
if togame is dead this anime is shit

I hope she's not dead, but imagine how Shichika is pissed right now... I believe in anger he is more brutal than his sister ever will be... so next episode will be kick ass...
Nov 14, 2010 6:02 AM
Sep 2009
ouch
Nov 14, 2010 6:58 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
RIP Togame D:
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 14, 2010 7:04 AM

Jul 2009
I am soooo looking forward to watching Emonzaemon get destroyed by Shichika, and I hope its gonna be a brutaly done
Nov 14, 2010 7:12 AM

Mar 2008
"Unacteptable"
Nov 14, 2010 8:49 AM

Oct 2009
This is too much! How am I supposed to wait for the next episode?!
Nov 14, 2010 9:30 AM

Jul 2010
Well, the sub clarifies just about everything. It seems that Hitei was ordered to kill Togame by the shogunate, so at least that somewhat excuses her. Houou's relationship to Emonzaemon is also made clear. Guess that's why he doesn't use Danzaien on Emonzaemon (and also why Emon wears a mask). Also really cool touch when the otter guy's arm disappears when Houou grabs Dokutou.

Pengin's death sadder still. Loved the way Emon was able to mock his last words in such a nonchalant manner. He definitely would've been a beast if he was able to live longer. RIP :(

Houou/Shikizaki's exposition at the end also helps makes sense of things. A nice way to rationalize the creation of the deviant swords. The fight, however, still sucked. Yeah, he perfected a stance for 150 years and gets offed in 20 seconds. Even if he wasn't fighting to win, I felt the fight could've easily been more epic. Houou's potential really was wasted =/

A ton of metaphors throughout the episode too. I thoroughly enjoyed the autumn colours and the beautiful sunset at the end. And so Togame's journey comes to an end. I wonder what they meant when they said that Shichika was 'completed' though. Perhaps it was the catalyst necessary for pushing him into a murderous rage, thus reaching new physical abilities o.0?

In any case, this anime is freaking epic. Hopefully the last episode will do the whole thing justice.

MorningGlory said:
manipultae fate? lol you doesn't have to follow the translation so tightlyfcuk Nishio ishin and his confusing word play. You can just simply say " Pengin is a lucky man".
That is why Pengin is a very good at collecting information(episode 6).

He die because luck can't win over physic X(

Haha, fair enough.
Nov 14, 2010 10:06 AM
Nov 2009
i thought shikizaki kiki was just testing shichika i given how he was talking about the future and altering it maybe the purpose he is altering it is to create the perfect blade which is kotoryuuu (idk spelling -_-) and since his spirit or w/e is in that deviant blade he really doesnt care if houhou dies.

so he really just wants to complete shichika (maybe togame getting shot was ALL ACCORDING TO PLAN)
Nov 14, 2010 10:44 AM

Oct 2010
Amazing episode, as expected. Togame....・゚・(ノД`)・゚・
Nov 14, 2010 11:19 AM
Jun 2008
XyCo said:

so he really just wants to complete shichika (maybe togame getting shot was ALL ACCORDING TO PLAN)
Shikizaki announce her non-existence before even she is shot.She is Yousha hime, princess of forgiveness,same as her father... a sad tragedy

yeah...next episode is "History" time ....ahem, I think is "Altered original History"
MorningGloryNov 14, 2010 11:24 AM
Nov 14, 2010 11:27 AM
Nov 2009
MorningGlory said:
XyCo said:

Shikizaki announce her non-existence before even she is shot.She is Yousha hime, princess of forgiveness,same as her father lol.

yeah...next episode is "History" time ....ahem, I think is "Altered original History"

Perhaps he created all this because he knew Togame would try to use Shichika and since he can see into the future (not sure how accurate his future vision is though but meh) he knows Shichika would fall in love with Togame. Her death is probably necessary to turn Shichika into the blade that trumps all blades or something.

So Togame gets shot shichika gets stereotypical anime emotional rage then owns the guy with the gun which is probably all according to plan. So his saying Togame's non-existence just means you don't really matter you are just cannon fodder for my plan.
Nov 14, 2010 11:34 AM

Nov 2009
Ahh, that VA was bugging me thanks.

So i was going to say, this was an okay episode, not really awesome, but the conversation between Shiki was interesting as well as seeing him and the first generation. Penguin should of got more screen time but that wasn't bad either.

Soooo i was going to give this an 7/10 when i saw them at the final confrontation.. wait... they didn't stop.. He pulled out guns... He killed Togame.... O.O

(Excellent 9/10) Want to see him rage so badly!
Nov 14, 2010 12:50 PM

Mar 2010
People, if Togame is shot that doesn't have to mean that she is really dead! I mean, it wouldn't suit the real story...at least I hope it's like that. Togame is a protagonist as well as Shichika, and that's just one of the reasons she shouldn't be dead now, on the very end of the anime...now when they are closer then ever before, and beside all of that, they are finally starting to openly show love towards eachother. So, if the Togame's life ends in the 12th episode, I would gladly forget that I ever watched it :P Just joking, but man! I hope it won't end like that?!
“If you`re losing your soul and you know it, then you`ve still got a soul left to lose”
Nov 14, 2010 1:10 PM

Dec 2009
Nov 14, 2010 1:54 PM

Jan 2010
Shit... just got real. Σ(゚Д゚)

Well, that was definitely a great episode. Shikizaki Kiki was rather amusing, if somewhat underwhelming.

Why are any of you worried that Togame might die, though? I, for one, am completely confident that she will live and survive the next episode; I'm convinced that the narrator we've been listening to all along is her, in later years. I could be wrong, but there's not real evidence to suggest otherwise.

Not to mention that Hitei hime, being a major antagonist of the story, obviously needs some sort of confrontation before we're lead to the conclusion and/or resolution, and we can hardly call Shichika-bashing-her-face-in a confrontation, can we? Togame is needed, at the very least until she can meet face-to-face with Hitei hime once more, and if she can live till then, the chances are she'll survive...

More interestingly, Hitei, who has strongly implied that she is has been blatantly hitting the audience over the head with the knowledge that she is, in fact, a descendant of the Shikizaki line. That gives her, by extension, their powers of precognition/prediction, though to exactly how strong this ability is has yet to be seen. That's quite intriguing because it opens a whole new realm of possibilities when you consider her motivations for antagonizing Togame all the time; is she simply screwing with her rival to piss her off, or is there a deeper meaning to her actions? As with all such 'mysterious' plotlines and characters the latter ('SRS BZNIS SECRET GOAL') is more likely, but now it's a lot harder to guess what exactly those deeper meanings are.

Is she following in the footsteps of her ancestors, and trying to change history? Or is she trying to accomplish something of her own? There seems to be some significance in gathering all of Shikizaki Kiki's Perfected Deviant swords, besides being recognized by the Shogunate.

Damn I can't wait till December. DUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRGH.
Nov 14, 2010 1:54 PM

Feb 2009
Pengin is so freaking cute that he looks tasty; so sad he had to die the way he did, he was just a kid. The Maniwa Ningun were the underdog since the beginning until the end and the last two interesting members died poorly.

Anyway since the beginning of that episode you feel something is going to go wrong in the end. Togame got shot I don't know if she'll survive it. Shichika last word would be the last thing you'll hear Emonzaemon and it'll be something along that line "die you damn MOFO!"
Nov 14, 2010 1:56 PM

Jan 2008
TOGAMEEEEE!! I knew this was coming but still ゚Д゚
Nov 14, 2010 2:11 PM

Jan 2009
Togameeee :<

I'd actually prefer it if she's gone for good, can't always have a completely happy ending. But as has been said, we'll probably still need a confrontation between her and Hitei.

And now I'll have to wait a frikkin' month after such a cliffhanger, gaah.
Nov 14, 2010 2:47 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
For those wondering, there is a trailer for the last episode here:

http://kiwi.kz/watch/aee6tjcicm4z

The third part of the video is the trailer.....very symbolic....

And again, TT___TT Togame.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 14, 2010 3:04 PM
Aug 2010
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO i am gonna die waiting a month....Why why togame i love her NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Nov 14, 2010 3:09 PM

Feb 2008
Oh my god, the trailer is amazing. This has been probably the best anime of the whole entire year. I truly hope it doesn't disappoint with the ending. If Togame dies, then it would make the year spent watching this anime completely worthless. Cross my fingers hoping this is not the case. >.< Togame has to live!
Nov 14, 2010 3:13 PM

Nov 2008
OMG, Togame! D:

When I saw Emonzaemon coming I knew that he will shot at Togame.

Can´t wait 1 month!
Nov 14, 2010 3:46 PM

Feb 2009
looks like its gonna be a rough wait till december...
Nov 14, 2010 4:34 PM

Oct 2010
Shichika is going to beat up this ninja ass for Togame... But to see that we must to wait one month :S...
Nov 14, 2010 4:59 PM
Oct 2009
Wow, Togame got shot. Wasn't expecting that lol.
Nov 14, 2010 6:05 PM

May 2010
I would not be surprised if revealed that togame is not dead.
I think it goes according to her "schemes". Indeed she has previously found out that Princess Hitei possessed the last deviant blade, and even seen it during a conversation with her. I guess she has discovered how this blade works and prepared a way to counter it.
Nov 14, 2010 6:24 PM
Oct 2008
WTF just happened ...

dacak said:
looks like its gonna be a rough wait till december...

Amen to that
Nov 14, 2010 7:04 PM

Aug 2008
FUUUUUUUUUUU! Outstanding episode, but this one was also a hard hitter. Poor Maniwani Penguin! I though he had a chance, too. And he got one hell of a brutal death, too. Execution style. And they kept dropping hints throughout the whole episode about Togame's fate. I really wished they didn't do that, but with all these people that can see into the future (including the damn narrator) I guess it was impossible to avoid.

I tell you what though. I never disliked Emonzaemon before, actually thought he was pretty cool. But after these past 2 kills, he's on my shit list. I will be stalking Mazui's site come this time next month, waiting for the episode.
Nov 14, 2010 7:05 PM

Sep 2008
Woww to think we've been watching this for a year..
Nov 14, 2010 7:49 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Wow so much tragedy in this episode. I'm still a bit confused on certain parts, but I'll probably make sense of it as more users post.

The trailer for the last episode looks amazing -thanks for linking that in this thread.
p r o f i l e 👀
Nov 14, 2010 8:54 PM
Jun 2008
hehe I took some important pic from last episode (give thanks to Mazui sub ) =)
MorningGloryNov 14, 2010 9:00 PM
Nov 14, 2010 9:15 PM

Jul 2009
Aohh said:
I would not be surprised if revealed that togame is not dead.
I think it goes according to her "schemes". Indeed she has previously found out that Princess Hitei possessed the last deviant blade, and even seen it during a conversation with her. I guess she has discovered how this blade works and prepared a way to counter it.

I would have thought the scene where Shichika dressed her was foreshadowing and she had some oldschool bullet proof vest but because of how much blood there was and how the time jumped around after that scene, I don't really think that anymore.
Nov 14, 2010 10:48 PM

Mar 2010
Togame.. I swear to god. I swear to god, if Togame dies! (>.<) I will have an emotional break down! (As I'm sure Shichika was having at the end of the episode as well). No! I was loving the beginning so much and it was going good all the way through and then.. Togame :'( She had better not die! Damn, I'm frustrated! I know for a fact that Shichika is gonna tear apart Emonzaemon! He had better. Because even the story teller said Shichika was now, ''completed''. So, I'm guessing his rage is somehow a factor in it. Or maybe Togame? .. Togame! Another long month wait till the end! Togame! We love you!
Nov 14, 2010 10:58 PM

Mar 2010
wakka9ca said:
For those wondering, there is a trailer for the last episode here:

http://kiwi.kz/watch/aee6tjcicm4z

The third part of the video is the trailer.....very symbolic....

And again, TT___TT Togame.
Thank you so much for the link! Shichika looks demonic! Or sick! :) Which day of December is the last episode being released?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Jan 25, 2010

334 by dspr »»
Yesterday, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Jul 9, 2010

225 by valennienana »»
Apr 25, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hana-kei - Apr 16, 2010

420 by valennienana »»
Apr 22, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Feb 8, 2010

180 by ariharan_ars »»
Feb 3, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Dec 10, 2010

631 by I_LIKE_ANIME_SO »»
Jan 3, 9:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.